Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Why Are People Atheophobic? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are People Atheophobic? (465 Views)

Are People Predestined To Heaven /hell? / Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers / Why Are People Leaving The Jehovah’s Witness In Droves. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are People Atheophobic? by chemystery: 6:41am On May 13, 2017
The atheophobic nature of our society is the major reason why most atheist are silent and will remain silent forever.

Just few days ago, my Christian friend was telling someone in disgust that i said i don't believe in god, that the way i argue about non-existence of god, he feels like slapping me (i know deep in his heart he means something grave).

I had to beg him not to let anyone else know about my non-believe before they team up and see it as service to their god to eliminate me.

I think it's wise i remain outspoken only online before some folks help their god to kill me sad

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Atheophobic? by whitebeard(m): 6:44am On May 13, 2017
dude it 6:44 am in morning chill with atheist shît
Re: Why Are People Atheophobic? by chemystery: 6:45am On May 13, 2017
whitebeard:
dude it 6:44 am in morning chill with atheist shît
are you atheophobic? shocked
Re: Why Are People Atheophobic? by whitebeard(m): 6:47am On May 13, 2017
chemystery:
are you atheophobic? shocked

Re: Why Are People Atheophobic? by pressplay411(m): 6:58am On May 13, 2017
Your going against a dogma, an established system, resistance is inevitable.
You however need to be careful, you're outnumbered, so you have to be tactful.
Do not publicly and outrightly criticize God, lest you attract contempt and disdain for sacrilege. Remember how highly you also believed in this system?
Rather engage in a tolerant coexistence even though it is ddifficult watching others constantly try to shove their belief system down your throat. Only engage those with open minds who themselves are in search of the truth.
At work try as much as possible to play it down, to avoid being victimized by your colleagues in the name of fighting for God.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are People Atheophobic? by hopefulLandlord: 7:12am On May 13, 2017
Wanna go play football so this is rushed

Many theists seem to be unable to separate objective discussion from their personal feelings toward their God. To that extent they are likely to take any point of debate on the subject of the legitimacy of their faith as a personal affront. They think that as we attack their god that we are attaching them personally. When I call their god a lunatic they are personally offended.

Many theists seem torn between a dislike toward atheists and the need to council God's wisdom and love as preached by their holy books. This often has quite comical effects as a veil of benevolence gives way to the true feelings of frustration and anger.
Most people can't handle others believing differently. Personally I'm fine with anybody else's beliefs as long as they aren't bigoted or as long as they don't try to shove their beliefs onto me. Some people though just like to shove their opinion onto others and get hostile if they find out that you think differently.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are People Atheophobic? by chemystery: 7:14am On May 13, 2017
pressplay411:
Your going against a dogma, an established system, resistance is inevitable.
You however need to be careful, you're outnumbered, so you have to be tactful.
Do not publicly and outrightly criticize God, lest you attract contempt and disdain for sacrilege. Remember how highly you also believed in this system?
Rather engage in a tolerant coexistence even though it is ddifficult watching others constantly try to shove their belief system down your throat. Only engage those with open minds who themselves are in search of the truth.
At work try as much as possible to play it down, to avoid being victimized by your colleagues in the name of fighting for God.
Nice and meaningful advice

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Atheophobic? by Niflheim(m): 8:30pm On May 20, 2017
@chemystery,

And why won't they fear you? Do you know how many fake and fraudulent so-called men of dog have been exposed by atheists?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Atheophobic? by chemystery: 10:55pm On May 20, 2017
Niflheim, you dont cease to make me laugh with your post grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Behold! The Legendary Muslim Scholar Who Trekked From Lagos To Mecca / Get An Anointing Oil. The Yoke Shall Be Destroyed. / Oyo State Issues Two- Week Utimatum To Churches,mosques And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.