Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,837 members, 7,802,681 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

Bright Destiny(a Story Of Hardwork,love And Success). - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bright Destiny(a Story Of Hardwork,love And Success). (1448 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bright Destiny(a Story Of Hardwork,love And Success). by Xandred(m): 4:39pm On May 13, 2017
This is my first time of writing a story here in NL..I will accept all comments and correct me anywhere am wrong.. Nobody is perfect.. And thanks for reading my story. All Rights reserved. This story is purely fiction. No part of this story should be published in any form without permission from the owner i.e me you can contact me on 09031829057 incase u wanna do so Okay..lets go there!
Re: Bright Destiny(a Story Of Hardwork,love And Success). by Xandred(m): 5:06pm On May 13, 2017
Season One Episode one.-- It was a bright early morning as i woke up and prayed my morning prayers before brushing my teeth and taking my bath. It was my first lecture at school and i was excited. I quickly dressed up and headed straight to the venue of the lecture. The time was 7:45am,my lodgemates were still in their rooms busy with one thing or the other as the compound was very quiet.. Let me introduce myself. Am Alexander Enyojo Alexander(also known as junior cos i took my dads name) The first child in the family of four children.. Am tall,handsome,fair and a bit huge.infact i was that type of guy that every lady wished to have as a boyfriend. But i was well brought up, All thanks to my parents.. Back to the story. The lecture was a general lecture so when i got there,quite a number of students were there already.. The time was 8.00am already immediately i stepped in.. I scanned for an empty seat and luckily i caught one where a girl was sitting..TBC
Re: Bright Destiny(a Story Of Hardwork,love And Success). by Xandred(m): 5:08pm On May 13, 2017
Comment pls
Re: Bright Destiny(a Story Of Hardwork,love And Success). by talk2saintify(m): 5:26pm On May 13, 2017
short updates

1 Like

Re: Bright Destiny(a Story Of Hardwork,love And Success). by Xandred(m): 5:41pm On May 13, 2017
Yeah its because of the phone am using..it cant type more than 1024 words..U guys have to bear with me pls.
Re: Bright Destiny(a Story Of Hardwork,love And Success). by Xandred(m): 6:07pm On May 13, 2017
CONTINUATION--- Me-Hello,sorry for disturbing you but do you mind if i sit next to you?(why was i even asking?,i could sit if i wanted to..lol).. Girl-No problem,you can..adjusting herself.. Gosh!! She was so pretty..This girl fine pass mami water oh! i thought. Me-Thanks..looks like the lecturer will soon be here..i said checking my wristwatch.. Girl-yeah..sure he will,cos we are waiting already.. Me-So,whats the name?.. Girl-Valentina but you can call me Tina..and you?..sharp girl(for your mind..lol) Me-Alexander but you can call me Alex..*Yes i don revenge.. Mehn! i could barely take my eyes off her,she was very beautiful with cute dimples whenever she smiled..she was also fair in complexion,even fairer than me.. The gown she wore fitted her from up to down..we continued chatting before the lecturer came in and introduced himself to the class. The lecture lasted for about 2 hours before it came to an end..
Re: Bright Destiny(a Story Of Hardwork,love And Success). by Xandred(m): 2:11pm On May 16, 2017
CONTINUATION---Valentina and i decided to go out for some snacks as we were feeling hungry already.we went to a popular eatery in school named "EXCELLENT TASTE" Me-(sitting down)mehn what a lecture! Tina-(sighs)Yeah,it was a hell of a lecture..i really enjoyed it.. Me-me too..Just then,the owner of the eatery sited me and came. Sunny-Baba Alexo! howva nw? Me-bros mi..i dey fine o,how business now? Sunny-we thank God oh..(turning to one of his waiters)sule! oya come serve my customers now.. Sule-sure sir..(facing me and tina) what will i get for u?.. Me-uhhmm..just meatpie and orange juice.. Tina-same for me.. Sule-Alright then,i'll be back.. The environment was cool and looking neat.. Tina-i love this place.. Me-really? Thats good to know.. After enjoying our meal,we left for other lectures we will be having..i got to know i was in the same department with tina..i.e human kinetics and health education
Re: Bright Destiny(a Story Of Hardwork,love And Success). by Xandred(m): 1:17am On May 21, 2017
Season one episode two

After receiving two more lecture's for the day, meeting with other mates, i went back to my lodge but not before exchanging contacts with Valentina.

After about 8 minutes of walk, i came to the gate of ELEGANT LODGE (i.e my lodge),

Me--"So good to be back"!!..
I sighed..
Elegant lodge is a beautiful and well built lodge. The compound is interlocked and each room floor is tiled.
The time was 3.57pm. Mehn! I've spent almost the whole day@school.

One of my lodgemates named bisola was standing outside discussing with 2 boys.. She wore a mini skirt and an armless top.
Bisola-- "Welcome Alex"

Me--"Bisy (like i used to call her)..thank you and how are you doing"?
Bisola--am fine,how was your lectures?
Me--"Cool".
I greeted the boys who were with her and i entered my room.

I took my phone and opened Whatsapp, Tina was online and we chatted.

Tina--"Hey Handsome"!

Me--(see me see wahala o..which day this one start again) "Hello Beautiful..how was the day"?

Tina--"it was OK but am tired..u"?

Me--Same here.

We chatted about the day's lectures,she even promised to visit me someday and i did the same.

I was feeling hungry so i went into my kitchen and cooked jollof rice.
I brought chilled water from the fridge and was about to eat when i heard a knock on the door.
"Who could that be" i thought
Re: Bright Destiny(a Story Of Hardwork,love And Success). by Xandred(m): 12:40am On May 26, 2017
©®CONTINUATION©®

it was my good friend philip whom i met during registration and we became close ever since.

Me--"whatsup bro"?

Phillip--"My guy what's good now"?

Me--"Everywhere make sense, come in".
I ushered him in and we discussed while we ate the rice.

Philip--"Omo!!! This rice sweet die! Na your babe cook am"?

Me--"Babe ke? I cooked it myself brother. Besides,i don't even have a girlfriend".

Phillip--"Wow! This food is awesome, nice one bro".

Me--"Thanks a million, so what's up with school"?

Phillip--"I thank God,at least am coping with the stress".

Me--"You better be,cos you are fighting for your destiny here".

Philip--"Exactly"

Philip stayed for two hours before he left. I read my notes before i relaxed on my bed to get some rest.
The time was 7.45pm, as i was relaxing, my phone rang my favorite artist track "The Yacht club" by Owl City. It was my mum calling. I picked it up.

Me--"Good evening mum"

Mum--"Abele? (how are you)

Me--"fine mum, how is everyone at home"?

Mum--"All fine. How is your studies"?

Me--"I thank God"

Mum--"Alright..take care of yourself
Bye.

Me--"Bye mum".

The call ended and i dropped my phone on my table feeling happy.
I opened Whatsapp and chatted with my friends. I saw my one of them whom i knew at home online.

Me--"How you doing brother?

Dominic --"Ah Alexo long time oh"

Me--"No see and no chat"

Dominic--"Yeah how's school"?

Me--"going well bro..how home"?

Dominic --"We are fine bro".

Dominic and i were close friends at home. We did virtually everything together. I would never forget the day i got admission and i told him.

He almost cried because he knew i was going away for some time.
But i assured him all will be well.

I won't forget Angela..The beautiful but troublesome friend of mine.
She nearly prevented me from going to school..(lol) but jokingly sha. I knew she wouldn't do it.

**Flashback**

Angela --"So you are leaving me like this"
Me--"Ah not like that now,we would still communicate on phone now, just remember am always with you guys"

**Present**

While i was chatting,NEPA brought light. I plugged my phone and started watching "The flash" on my laptop.
After watching few episodes, i said my night prayers and went to sleep preparing for another day.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.. I had taken a step into my future and it was up to me to make my destiny bright.

I woke up at 6.00am the next day. I had just two lectures for the day so i was going to be free for some time.
My phone rang and i picked it up.

It was Tina calling.
Me--"Hello Tina what's up"?

Tina--"Good morning,how was your night"?

Me--"It was good,hope you slept well"?

Tina--"Yeah i did. Hope to see you in class today."

Me--"Sure, i'll come. See you.

Tina--"Alright,bye.

I prepared and ate spaghetti before going for lectures.
When i got to the LT, I saw Tina sitting and reading her books
Re: Bright Destiny(a Story Of Hardwork,love And Success). by Xandred(m): 1:20am On Jun 01, 2017
™CONTINUATION ©

I quietly went to her back and tickled her waist with both of my hands.

Tina -"Ouch(turning to face me) Alex!!

Me-"What's up T?

Tina -"you really surprised me "

Me-"Am sorry, hope you ain't angry with me"

Tina -**Smiles** "Why would i be? Come on sit down let's wait for the class".

All this while, we didn't know that we attracted the attention of the rest of the people in the LT. Thank God we weren't talking loud because i don't like public attraction or attention.

Our mates started trooping in one by one.

David -"hey Alex, what's up Tina?

Me & Tina -"David "

Me-"How you doing bro"?

David -"Am good..ain't the lecturer here yet"? See question oh!

Tina -(giggled) "What kind of question is that? As you can see he isn't here".

David -"Sorry my bad. Just having a hectic day".

Me -"Yeah we all do at times,Get used to it!
My phone rang and i excused myself from my friends to pick it up.

Me -"Good morning Dad"

Dad -"Morning Junior how are you"?

Me -"Am fine dad". Dad am about to receive a lecture now, can we talk later pls"?

Dad -"Okay no problem. I will just send you some money for your Upkeep".

Me -"Thanks a lot dad".

Dad -"Alright son. I'll talk to you later, bye".

Me -"Bye dad".
The call ended.

Me -"Yoohoooo". I shouted in happiness,then i quickly remembered i was in class. I coordinated myself and went back inside.

After my lectures for the day, everyone headed home.

Tina and i were walking alone to our lodges. David had earlier left saying he was in a hurry.
Me -"How was the lecture?

Tina -"It was wonderful"

Me -"Really?That's good to know"

Tina -"Will you be free this weekend"?

Me -"Sure. You wanna visit me "?

Tina -"Yeah. Make sure you prepare something sweet for me."

Me- I laughed. "Of course i will"
I look forward to seeing you.

Tina truly came to visit me as she promised. I described my lodge for her and she located it.

I was busy with my PlayStation game when i had a knock on the door.
Me -"Hang on, am coming"!

I opened the door and there she was looking all beautiful as usual.

Tina -"Hi Alex. Are you gonna let me in or keep staring at me forever"?

Me -"Oh Am sorry. Come on in"

Tina -"Wow, you have a nice place"

Me -"Thanks a lot. So, What do i offer my guest and visitor?

Tina -"Well anything would be great. Just something light".

Me -"I got ya. Give me 5 minutes and I'll be back
Re: Bright Destiny(a Story Of Hardwork,love And Success). by Xandred(m): 7:54pm On Jul 26, 2017
Am back guys...no going back this time..

CONTINUATION

I came back with two bottles of sprite and egg rolls, about four and doughnuts.
Valentina was already looking at the picture album i dropped for her..

Me-- Sorry am a bit late, i had to Make it light just like you requested.

Tina-- No problem.. You got nice pictures here**** She checked one of them and she stopped ***

Who's this?

it was my ex girlfriends picture Iris.

Me-- That's my ex.. Her name is Iris.

Tina-- Alright..she's cute

Me-- hmmm...Really?
Come on take something my dear.
****i offered her some of the stuffs i got and we ate..

Tina--***breaking the silence *** Alex!

Me --- Yeah I'm here..(where else would i be?)

Tina --- I've been meaning to tell you something.

Me--- What's that?

Tina--- There's Gonna be a birthday party tomorrow at my lodge. Am inviting you..

Me--- Wow that's cool... but..

Tina--- But what?

Me--- ugh... i mean...ah damn.. i don't really do parties a lot.. *** i chuckled ***

Tina--- Well...it's Okay.. I can make you get used to it.. believe me..

Me--- Alright then.. thanks

The next day i prepared for the party at Tina's lodge..
My phone rang..

Me--- Hey Tina am on my way already..

Tina--- Alright just call me if you arrive okay?

Me--- Sure thing..see you at the party..

Tina--- Yeah you too..

she hung up..

I looked at myself in the mirror and i was good to go..

I took a cab to Tina's lodge which was known as "Magnificent Suites"
Truly it was Magnificent like the name says, but i liked Elegant lodge better.

I came to the gate and i was hearing sounds of music from the lodge compound. I also heard loud voices of people chatting.. The music was way too loud that the security man at the gate could barely hear me.

Security Man --- They invite you come here?

Me--- Sure sir!! ***loudly** cos of the noise

Security Man---Wetin be your name?

Me--- Alexander

Security Man --- Okay you can go in..

I went in but not before calling Tina to alert her of my presence. I thought the party was going to be a great one not knowing fate or life had more for me..
Re: Bright Destiny(a Story Of Hardwork,love And Success). by eedhrisademola(m): 3:17pm On Feb 03, 2018
Continuation
Re: Bright Destiny(a Story Of Hardwork,love And Success). by FortunateB(f): 5:46pm On Feb 03, 2018
Nice one

(1) (Reply)

Ecstacy / Who's Blogging / Join Me To Wish Larry Sun Happy Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.