Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) (82481 Views)

My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice / See How This Hausa Lady Who Is A 2nd Class Bsc Holder Makes Her Money In Abuja(p / Nigerian Lady Is The Best Pharmacist In UK For The Year 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by Tayeni(m): 8:36am On May 14, 2017
Odingo1:

There is nothing wrong in it,it is different from counterfeiting because it is not been sold as original brand,prikin bag, Gucci,Versace,puma,jojo armani etc all have a strong imitation in China producing at large scale yet the company is not bordered because is just ordinary polo they produce in large quantity and put puma or jojo armani on them,it help to advertise the original company name worldwide,that is why they are keeping quiet about it.
My friend....have you read the Wikipedia article I suggested you read?...
What line of business are you into? if you are into manufacturing you will understand the effect of copycatting or counterfeiting....https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counterfeit_consumer_goods
Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by erico2k2(m): 8:36am On May 14, 2017
Odingo1:

There is nothing wrong in it,it is different from counterfeiting because it is not been sold as original brand,prikin bag, Gucci,Versace,puma,jojo armani etc all have a strong imitation in China producing at large scale yet the company is not bordered because is just ordinary polo they produce in large quantity and put puma or jojo armani on them,it help to advertise the original company name worldwide,that is why they are keeping quiet about it.
Its always good to speak of what you know, who told you the company is not bothered,??
Try and sell it in a country where there is law and order then you will know the company does take it seriously.

1 Like

Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by erico2k2(m): 8:38am On May 14, 2017
Cudos to her but in my view I think who ever is supplying her with Gucci heads and other stuff can actually get her own done in china for cheap, she can have other kind of emblem done and it will still sell same way, thats how to build a brand.
Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by Tayeni(m): 8:49am On May 14, 2017
Emmahunk:
So surprised that a Nairalander called the genuine efforts of this young lady fraudulent and got 104 likes. He/she accused her of making fake Gucci and Versache shoes. This mentality is exactly what has kept us where we are today .
China and Taiwan were once known as safe havens of fake products . Today, China is one of the World's strongest economies.
Kudos young lady cobbler.
haba....listen to yourself...."safe haven of fake products".
So...we should make Nigeria a safe haven for fake products....fake drugs....piracy. Where are your morals.
fake drugs kills....piracy sabotages genuine businesses.....its wrong on so many levels....encourage that lady to crest her own name on those slippers. Its simple and honest and more creative. Let her register a business name, create her brand and go legit.....she stands more chance of getting financing that way. And going mainstream instead of bootlegging.
Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by Tayeni(m): 8:54am On May 14, 2017
erico2k2:

Its always good to speak of what you know, who told you the company is not bothered,??
Try and sell it in a country where there is law and order then you will know the company does take it seriously.
The fact that people see nothing wrong with it shows how broken our psyche is. People who do wrong usually do so hush hush.....but for us, its a normal way of life....lawlessness and chaos.

1 Like

Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by erico2k2(m): 9:00am On May 14, 2017
Tayeni:
The fact that people see nothing wrong with it shows how broken our psyche is. People who do wrong usually do so hush hush.....but for us, its a normal way of life....lawlessness and chaos.
Exactly, you could not have put it any better.Even the Chinese when they copy the try to change the physical shapes if it an end product.

1 Like

Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by Tayeni(m): 9:01am On May 14, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:
Give me free shoes....i would supply NAFDAC certified natural yogurt, free of charge. grin

Thumbs up, dearie! kiss
Are you into yogurt production?
Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by GeneralOjukwu: 9:06am On May 14, 2017
Tayeni:
Are you into yogurt production?
Yes sir...but for ladies only if you catch my drift wink
Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by Tayeni(m): 9:11am On May 14, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

Yes sir...but for ladies only if you catch my drift wink
looool....you no serious. Nafdac certified? ladies, over to you....come and drink yogurt
Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by sfinkzslot(m): 9:17am On May 14, 2017
when your gal is a virtuous woman wink
Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by Trinity213: 9:20am On May 14, 2017
Trinity213:
thanks a lot for your constructive criticism. I know her personally but never knew she has gone this far. I will definitely find a way to relay your opinions to her so as to prepare her for the next level cos I believe she can and will go places.
Just contacted the young lady to let her know her effort is being appreciated and the need for originality in her work and she confessed that those designs(Versace and Gucci) were made on the demand of the customers and some of the materials and logo were actually bought by the customer themselves, all she has to do was work with what was given to her, just like giving a tailor material and design to make a dress for you. However, she claim she is already working on a logo for herself. I'd advised her not to advertise those her products with foreign logos/designs but stick to hers whenever it comes out. Please continue to encourage her in your comments and share her story until Oluwa picks her call, you made Olajumoke, Efe, etc. You can also make a great success out of this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by Tayeni(m): 9:36am On May 14, 2017
Trinity213:
Just contacted the young lady to let her know her effort is being appreciated and the need for originality in her work and she confessed that those designs(Versace and Gucci) were made on the demand of the customers and some of the materials and logo were actually bought by the customer themselves, all she has to do was work with what was given to her, just like giving a tailor material and design to make a dress for you. However, she claim she is already working on a logo for herself. I'd advised her not to advertise those her products with foreign logos/designs but stick to hers whenever it comes out. Please continue to encourage her in your comments and share her story until Oluwa picks her call, you made Olajumoke, Efe, etc. You can also make a great success out of this.
e go better for you....correct guy

1 Like

Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by Aragon: 9:38am On May 14, 2017
fallout87:
She's making fake gucci and fake versace and you want us to applaud her?

How is this any less fraudulent then credit card scamming or the other 419 Nigerians are known to do worldwide?

Smh

NO she is not. Rather she is making Shoes and using those Emblems to Decorate them. I recide in Europe and they do the same thing here. I have been to Versace, s Original Store in Milan Italy and I have also been to Napoli where many people make Shoes and use same Emblems to Decorate them. In London, Holland etc you will find them cos they are not breaking any law. The only time they can break the law is if they Labelled and Call their Shoes Versace, etc.. Which this Lady has not done. Finally the Prices of Versace etc are very Expensive and that's it. Please Nigerians should Stop these "I must Criticise Everything" The Chinese economy was Revamped by people like this girl that are taking the bull by the Horn. They Mass Produce everything. I will look for this girl and encourage her, cos I am truly proud of her. In this day and age where people are BRANDING Nigerian Girls as Lazy people that depends on men. We should be Celebrating these types of Lady that are correcting that Negative image and not criticising them cos in truth there is nothing to Criticise her for, rather she is contributing to the economy and not breaking any law
Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by Rahmoney(m): 9:41am On May 14, 2017
fallout87:
She's making fake gucci and fake versace and you want us to applaud her?

How is this any less fraudulent then credit card scamming or the other 419 Nigerians are known to do worldwide?

Smh

Did you forget your sense when you wanted to type this??

1 Like

Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by ahahnow: 9:47am On May 14, 2017
this is the one that will cut as your walking in the market, two days after buying it
Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by erico2k2(m): 9:59am On May 14, 2017
Aragon:

NO she is not. Rather she is making Shoes and using those Emblems to Decorate them. I recide in Europe and they do the same thing here. I have been to Versace, s Original Store in Milan Italy and I have also been to Napoli where many people make Shoes and use same Emblems to Decorate them. In London, Holland etc you will find them cos they are not breaking any law. The only time they can break the law is if they Labelled and Call their Shoes Versace, etc.. Which this Lady has not done. Finally the Prices of Versace etc are very Expensive and that's it. Please Nigerians should Stop these "I must Criticise Everything" The Chinese economy was Revamped by people like this girl that are taking the bull by the Horn. They Mass Produce everything. I will look for this girl and encourage her, cos I am truly proud of her. In this day and age where people are BRANDING Nigerian Girls as Lazy people that depends on men. We should be Celebrating these types of Lady that are correcting that Negative image and not criticising them cos in truth there is nothing to Criticise her for, rather she is contributing to the economy and not breaking any law
whats the point of this long epistle when infact it holds no water? no one encourages fake in the EU, the fact that this practice carries o n in your domain just means they have not been caught yet.
PS.na small difference dey btw Italy and Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by KaBabs1: 10:02am On May 14, 2017
Olosho and slay queens still make more money than her. She should shift
Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by erico2k2(m): 10:03am On May 14, 2017
Rahmoney:

Did you forget your sense when you wanted to type this??
Another one again, the OP already spoke to the lady involved and she has said what realy happened.She is not teh one who bought and supplied those Gucci stuff rather it was the customers who gave her the items to put in thier shoes being made for them by her, and that whenever it comes to her own brand she sticks to her geneuity. Now as you can see, even the girl in question Acknowledges the gains in Originality so whats your point?

1 Like

Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by Tayeni(m): 11:50am On May 14, 2017
Aragon:

Na wa o....even person who you would think should know better follow join too.....do you think Versace has not trade marked her logo?the Medusa head?....and you think slapping a trade marked image or font on your product is not a crime until u get caught?..so becos it happens in Europe means its right?

By all means....encourage her. Me myself I'm proud of her and she should be an inspiration to other young ladies who are looking for a way to be different... but don't get stuck on that minute but important detail of not using other people's trademarks without their consent. its wrong whether in Europe ,America or Africa

1 Like

Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by Aragon: 11:52am On May 14, 2017
[quote author=erico2k2 post=56505286]
whats the point of this long epistle when infact it holds no water? no one encourages fake in the EU, the fact that this practice carries o n in your domain just means they have not been caught yet.
PS.na small difference dey btw Italy and Nigeria.[/quot ]
Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by Aragon: 11:54am On May 14, 2017
erico2k2:

PS.na small difference dey btw Italy and Nigeria.

This long epistle is saying people should not knock others down that are trying. They can be given Positive advice without knocking them down. My Country here carries one of the Strictest. Penalties on Fake stuff so I know a whole lot about that. Bottom line lady here doesn't have to be knocked down like this. Same people doing this, buys same or worse Stuff from China and help them grow their economy
Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by PenisCaP: 11:56am On May 14, 2017
Tayeni:
I wonder why some people dont see anything wrong in faking things....from drugs, books, CD, coca-cola. And telling them to channel and package their ingenuity the right way....u become tagged as a hater by scumbags such as you. Something is inherently wrong with your psyche...

i have two female friends that have taken to the same profession and i admire what they do same way i admire her hustle....that wont stop me from advising them ....thats the only way to grow in business. But how will a thick person like you see that.

I can see....you are an irredeemable idiøt....and this will be the last time I will quote you....so fvck off

Illiterate!!..dats all ill call u cox u sound like one!.
Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by PenisCaP: 11:57am On May 14, 2017
wailersarefools:
[s][/s]

Learn from him.

Igbos are illiterates.

Afonjas ar stack illiterate.. heheheheh grin
Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by Aragon: 12:00pm On May 14, 2017
Tayeni:
Na wa o....even person who you would think should know better follow join too.....do you think Versace has not trade marked her logo?the Medusa head?....and you think slapping a trade marked image or font on your product is not a crime until u get caught?..so becos it happens in Europe means its right?

By all means....encourage her. Me myself I'm proud of her and she should be an inspiration to other young ladies who are looking for a way to be different... but don't get stuck on that minute but important detail of not using other people's trademarks without their consent. its wrong whether in Europe ,America or Africa

That is not the point of my posts. That person should have advised her while commending her entrepreneur skills. Rather they are knocking her down and for what?
The lady might not even know about these Trademark things you are talking about. So rather than advice her people are knocking her down. And some these people patronise Fake stuff from China. Name wah

1 Like

Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by Tayeni(m): 12:30pm On May 14, 2017
PenisCaP:

Illiterate!!..dats all ill call u cox u sound like one!.
"cox I sound like one?"....lmao. I don gree I be illiterate. Are you happy now? "coxucking tribalistic baboon"... hop off my mentions....oya!... jump!
Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by erico2k2(m): 12:30pm On May 14, 2017
Aragon:

This long epistle is saying people should not knock others down that are trying. They can be given Positive advice without knocking them down. My Country here carries one of the Strictest. Penalties on Fake stuff so I know a whole lot about that. Bottom line lady here doesn't have to be knocked down like this. Same people doing this, buys same or worse Stuff from China and help them grow their economy
Well the country I live in, you cannot legally use someone else trade mark in your own product unless it is sold for that sole purpose.
If what you are saying is true then SEAT will have no problem putting VW badges on thier cars and still call it SEAT.
Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by PenisCaP: 12:37pm On May 14, 2017
Tayeni:
"cox I sound like one?"....lmao[b]. I don gree I be illiterate.[/b] Are you happy now? "coxucking tribalistic baboon"... hop off my mentions....oya!... jump!

That settles it byee.. mofo!! cool
Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by Tayeni(m): 12:42pm On May 14, 2017
Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by Tayeni(m): 12:44pm On May 14, 2017
Re: See How This Port Harcourt Based Lady Is Making Her Money(pics) by Tayeni(m): 12:44pm On May 14, 2017
PenisCaP:

That settles it byee.. mofo!! cool
The joke of my last post was on you....but I guess you didn't get it because of how thick you are. It flew right over your head. Go back and reread it..slowly this time or show it to your mommie to interprete to you in mumu language...mumu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Free Materials For CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC, BCP, DRP, and CBCP Exams? / The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You / Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.