Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,984 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Welcome To My City [part 1] - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Welcome To My City [part 1] (673 Views)

Naughty Popo In School (part 1) / STORY: Mrs. Chika, My Favorite 'teacher'[part 1,2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7] / STORY: Mrs. Chika, My Favorite 'teacher'[part 1] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Welcome To My City [part 1] by benuejosh: 6:36pm On May 13, 2017
WELCOME TO MY CITY [Part 1]...

Welcome to my city. There's a city i live in, in North Central of Nigeria, where all they know is to go to the Studio with their bags full of clothes, snap hundreds of pictures, flood my timeline with their photos and with non motivational caption(s) such as; "am a slay queen" "picture things on point" "sundays things on point" (i am yet to understand which photo studio opens on Sunday in my city) "that's how we roll" "me and bestie"... e.t.c. hmmm. Could this be idleness or joblessness?but If you ask me, na who i go ask?

Welcome to my city where majority of young men [boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen] feel being a musician is the only means of survival as a human. I am yet to see any of them top the music chart in Nigeria for a day or two. Before you throw shades at me, i have respect for those who sing because it's not easy to sing. After all music is the food for the soul. I still have respect for those who had realise earlier and quit music for other Ventures and it's paying them better.

Welcome to my city where every slim person is a Model and a potential crown queen and crown king of every day pageantry. Yet not a few have been crowned Miss/Mr Nigeria or Miss/Mr Universe. But if i may ask, what are they missing or mastering? Or are they missing their steps and mastering their idleness? Least i forget, i have a friend who was a miss and one who was a Mr.

Welcome to my city where everyone mentioned above is a celebrity and their fame doesn't even cross the two bridges in my city, but rather ends with them after a few months. Am yet to see any of them buy a house of build a business empire that gives them at least a few thousands every day or at the end of the month. No Entrepreneur Innovation(s) or Entrepreneur Spirit. My people my people.

Welcome to my city where one among the few business that pays is politics. [we still have hotels, beer joints, e.t.c]. In my city Salaries of civil servants are owed and no body can dare challenge the politicians as to [know] why they are not paid. Even the civil servants don't actually know where the wind is blowing to and they all live on "hear say". And hunger is killing most of them. God deliver my City.

Welcome to my city where the price for a plate of "akpu" increases just because dollar increased. If you think am lying, ask those women who sell food opposite the second gate of the state university. Maybe they used dollar to buy and transport it from America.

Welcome to my city where one of the top 5 occupations is cultism. This is rampant mostly among the young dudes in town. Our parents, what was it like during your time? Was this the same case? Am yet to understand this new occupation among the young fellows. Not going to say much as my city is not the only city that has cultism as an "occupation". But, in my city, cultist feel they own the city. Well, Police is Always our friend. But again not until you report to them that a cultist threaten you, and the police accuses you of being a cultist yourself and you're held and locked up. It is well..

What then is the name of this my city?. Stay close for the part II as i reveal more about my city.
written by my humble self: BenueJosh
Re: Welcome To My City [part 1] by InansBobo(m): 7:46pm On Dec 20, 2018
Haha, Makurdi grin

(1) (Reply)

Breakaway - A Short Story / I Love Stories / Until I Met You - Episode 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.