Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,567 members, 7,801,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm (58687 Views)

See The Antelope My Cousin Killed Today In The Farm (photo) / See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps / Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 13, 2017
Alphamale2017:

yeah. sure. . I think her departure also thought me how to be ,"emotionally independent. " if there is any word like that. thanks by the way

That's awesome smiley

1 Like

Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by sunnysunny69(m): 10:27pm On May 13, 2017
clems88:
bro y mention my dad ? Beta take your time . u can insult me but don't mention my parents here if not I will deal with you
you went too far insulting me. My comment says Nigerians , I mention no name. If you can't take an insult better don't start it.
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by kayzat: 10:27pm On May 13, 2017
ZarZar:

As a matter of fact, it is a rodent. I just looked it up because I've never heard of it before. Its other name is, greater cane RAT grin

This is one of the sweetest bush meat you can ever find.
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by sunnysunny69(m): 10:28pm On May 13, 2017
Paulpaulpaul:

oooooh, grosh
he tried to insult me, am not his match.
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by eternalcity(m): 10:29pm On May 13, 2017
Kai! My time in Gboko eh.... Those Tivs and all manner of meat sha..

All those forming,"what is this" need to take a visit to Tivland.
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by Basseybruce: 10:29pm On May 13, 2017
Haaa! Okuru! Obeee! Natural Taste. It's one of the best bush-meat. Extremely medicinal.
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by BabaCommander: 10:30pm On May 13, 2017
ZarZar:

Perhaps I can't differentiate it because they're both rodents!
Sisi stop 'jonshing'
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 13, 2017
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 13, 2017
AllforJesus7:

Don't worry. When I pocket you as a wife (as planned) and bring you to Nigeria you will know how these things taste.
Its called bush meat. They are not rodents. They are edible just like rabbits.

Or would you call a rabbit a rodent?

Dude, I Googled the thing, it's a rat. A rodent. Sorry, but I'd never eat it. The only "bush meat" I eat is game like springbok, kudu, etc. I wouldn't eat rabbit either because I consider it a pet.
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 13, 2017
ZarZar:

When cooked, what does it look like? Chicken or beef?

see u simply need to taste DAT meat, all dis oyinbo go stop na pure native dialect u go start to speak.

3 Likes

Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by menwongo(m): 10:35pm On May 13, 2017
Alphamale2017:

yea . see if an expert prepare this thing u are looking at eh , add some spice and other stuff to it , u will eat ur finger along with the meat . believe me
but since have seen it before it was prepared, u may feel discouraged to taste it . lol
You sound like Tivi man!
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by fuckpro: 10:35pm On May 13, 2017
Safiaa:
What the fucckk is that?
... can't you see its an Arabian Carmel ... Gush. grin
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by Nobody: 10:36pm On May 13, 2017
BabaCommander:
Sisi stop 'jonshing'

Who am I "jonshing" for? I have no need to front. You're the one that needs to know that, just because you do something, doesn't mean everyone is right behind you doing the same thing. End of story. It's as simple as that.
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by menwongo(m): 10:37pm On May 13, 2017
ZarZar:

When cooked, what does it look like? Chicken or beef?
Chicken
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 13, 2017
menwongo:

Chicken

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by Baroba(m): 10:38pm On May 13, 2017
ZarZar:

Dude, I Googled the thing, it's a rat. A rodent. Sorry, but I'd never eat it. The only "bush meat" I eat is game like springbok, kudu, etc. I wouldn't eat rabbit either because I consider it a pet.

Its actually very tasty and very much edible; one of the most sort after game meat in West Africa.. People are now breeding them in captivity, a taste will surely convince you.. wink
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 13, 2017
Baroba:

Its actually very tasty and very much edible; one of the most sort after game meat in West Africa.. People are now breeding them in captivity, a taste will surely convince you.. wink

I see. Interesting.
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 13, 2017

1 Like

Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by Erums(m): 10:45pm On May 13, 2017
I tink y killed the child
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 13, 2017
AllforJesus7:

Don't worry. We would be feeding you with a lot of it here and trust me you would love it. Much more tasty than that thing you call kudu.

Meanwhile the next time you refer to your upcoming hubby as dude, I will cancel the wedding grin

Hahaha. Whatever.
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by ReachHard: 10:47pm On May 13, 2017

1 Like

Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by sunshineV(f): 10:50pm On May 13, 2017
Some Nigerians will just be killing rat up-and-down
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by SEMO007(m): 10:53pm On May 13, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
Very romantic

romantic...
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by Alphamale2017(m): 10:57pm On May 13, 2017
menwongo:
You sound like Tivi man!
I am very far from that
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by Saviouranking127(m): 10:59pm On May 13, 2017
HungerBAD:
Poor thing.
What's poor thing?
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by Alphamale2017(m): 11:00pm On May 13, 2017
fuckpro:
... can't you see its an Arabian Carmel ... Gush. grin

Lmaooo
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by OduduaDefender(m): 11:01pm On May 13, 2017
ITbomb:
This grasscutter gave us a hell of a run with superb hiding skills but today was my day and I caught it

The pepper soup is still on the fire lolz

If this is what going to farm means, I will be there next weekend

Only God knows how many of them grasscutters I caught while I was still in the village. Hunting with my dogs, dane gun and catapult was always a fun. It was part of my childhood I can never forget.
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by vaca1: 11:02pm On May 13, 2017
clems88:
common my keep kwayet . meshionu gi . u no fit differentiate rat and grasscutter abi angry . stay there anbi forming ajebutter .
he is not a Nigerian..na wa for u guys
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by oregan(m): 11:04pm On May 13, 2017
This is called ewudu in yoruba......e sweet die
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by Homers123(m): 11:07pm On May 13, 2017
Bachir: grasscutter.
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by Spidermon: 11:16pm On May 13, 2017
In case you contract ebola from that thing, no disturb govt ooo
Re: See The Grasscutter I Caught Today In The Farm by tuscani: 11:25pm On May 13, 2017
Bros I beg keep my own

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer / Mangu-Bokkos-Plateau: The Largest Mechanized Farm In Nigeria / Photos Of Harvested Giant Size Cucumbers By YEN President, Benue State Chapter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.