Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Kano Commission Suspends Sanusi's Probe Indefinitely - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Kano Commission Suspends Sanusi's Probe Indefinitely (389 Views)

Photos Of The Rolls-Royces In Emir Sanusi’s Garage / ‘we ’II Not Succumb To Pressure Over Sanusi’s Probe’ / We ’ii Not Succumb To Pressure Over Sanusi’s Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kano Commission Suspends Sanusi's Probe Indefinitely by Groovenaija360(m): 2:10am On May 14, 2017
This was disclosed by the Chairman of the Kano State Public Complaints and Anti-corruption Commission, Muhuyi Magaji.

The state anti-graft commission had launched an investigation into the alleged misuse of N6bn by the Emirate Council.

However, Magaji said the state anti-graft agency was suspending its probe “indefinitely,” noting that the commission would not continue with the probe since the state’s House of Assembly was also conducting an investigation into the matter.

“We have suspended the probe because it will be unwise to run the same probe concurrently,” he said.

The state House of Assembly had constituted a seven-man committee to investigate the Emir of Kano following allegations of funds misappropriation, defamation of character, breach of oath of office/oath of allegiance, abuse of office privileges and protocol, and political and religious interference.”

Meanwhile, Sanusi has called on northerners, residing outside the North to respect the culture, tradition and norms of their host communities.

Sanusi said there was a need for peaceful co-existence among ethnic communities in Nigeria, just as he charged his subjects to remain good ambassadors of Islam and the Hausa-Fulani race.

The monarch spoke while receiving the newly crowned Garkuwan Hausawa in Ogun State, Rotimi Paseda, in his palace on Friday.

According to him, irrespective of tribe or religion, Nigeria remains an indivisible country.

Source: https://groovenaija360.com/kano-commission-suspends-sanusis-probe-indefinitely/

“I am very happy to welcome you to my palace. I was delighted when I learnt of your goodwill to Hausa people in Ogun state. I am not surprised about the good testimonies I hear about you, taking cognizance of the fact that you are from a ruling house,” he said.

Re: Kano Commission Suspends Sanusi's Probe Indefinitely by superior494(m): 2:11am On May 14, 2017
Ok
Re: Kano Commission Suspends Sanusi's Probe Indefinitely by uboma(m): 4:54am On May 14, 2017
Let's see if the Emir will continue to speak up against the ills of the society.

If he keeps quiet, then he is guilty of the alleged corruption against him.

(1) (Reply)

Chanyuan Celestial / Denied Mistreating Us Student Otto / Sport Is Generally Recognised As System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.