Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? (4946 Views)

5 Unbelievably Good Reasons To Read Your Bible / How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? / 12 Ways To Identify Pharisees In Your Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? by Blackrev: 8:00pm On May 14, 2017
I don't write cos I know I won't read it
Re: How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? by mechanics(m): 9:09pm On May 14, 2017
Always.
Re: How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? by zeezeegal(m): 9:42pm On May 14, 2017
I'm Guilty Of This Offence
Re: How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? by Escobapablo(m): 10:00pm On May 14, 2017
I do go back to them. however, not religiously. I am not strong enough to quote Bible verses on specific topics. These notes helps. That's if I don't want to read it one chapter after another.
Re: How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? by iamxolomon(m): 1:03am On May 15, 2017
Only when they say Jesus is coming tomorrow grin grin

Re: How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? by lexy2014: 1:14am On May 15, 2017
Incrizz:
Hahaha same question I asked my self this morning as I looked round and felt like I was the only one not scribbling away!

I almost asked the man beside me,
"do you re-read your notes angry!!??"

grin
I used 2 take notes in church but when I realized that I was no longer reading my notes, I stopped writing. what's d point writing everything pastor says when u wont study it?
Re: How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? by Incrizz(f): 2:23am On May 15, 2017
lexy2014:
I used 2 take notes in church but when I realized that I was no longer reading my notes, I stopped writing. what's d point writing everything pastor says when u wont study it?

The very same reason I stopped.

I have 3 full notebooks of them.

I went through one of them sometime ago and broke down in tears.
The words were so, holy. So Pure. So True.
It was changing and washing me right there on the spot.
I had to close the note because I couldn't take anymore. It felt like I was about to explode!

I should have continued reading.

I do miss note taking in Church.
I want to resume the habit.
And re-read it in the future...
Re: How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? by Incrizz(f): 2:26am On May 15, 2017
seunlayi:
I m sure 90%doesn't go back to their note

"Don't" not "doesn't".
sad
Re: How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? by Incrizz(f): 2:29am On May 15, 2017
Error quote!!!
Re: How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? by somehow: 5:14am On May 15, 2017
After the crying and all that, did it stop those habits that made you cry?

Incrizz:

I had to close the note because I couldn't take anymore. It felt like I was about to explode!

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? by Incrizz(f): 8:36am On May 15, 2017
somehow:
After the crying and all that, did it stop those habits that made you cry?

Habits?
What habits?

I mean words that give peace, joy, life, make you feel loved...

Don't worry, I will post a line or two for you to read so that you can feel some of what I felt.
Re: How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? by somehow: 8:47am On May 15, 2017
ok, will wait to read what you have for me..
Incrizz:

Habits?
What habits?

I mean words that give peace, joy, life, make you feel loved...

Don't worry, I will post a line or two for you to read so that you can feel some of what I felt.
Re: How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? by lexy2014: 12:43am On May 16, 2017
Incrizz:

3 full notebooks?that's amazing. seems u have a secretarial calling
Re: How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? by Incrizz(f): 8:30am On May 16, 2017
somehow:
ok, will wait to read what you have for me..

Ps 8:4
The Lord is mindful of you.

If God is mindful of you and you are not mindful of Him, who is at fault?

My mind, be mindful of what is available for you from the realm of supernatural sufficiency in Jesus name. Don't be mindful of doubt, of impossibilities, of setback, of fear in Jesus name.

If God has said it, it's in your best interest to agree with God.

Pr 21:18
The wicked shall be a ransom for the righteous.

And more scribblings.. grin
Re: How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? by somehow: 8:34am On May 16, 2017
But I don't really enjoy these kind of teachings based mostly on the OT. Too many tit for tat teachings are therein.
Incrizz:

Ps 8:4
The Lord is mindful of you.

If God is mindful of you and you are not mindful of Him, who is at fault?

My mind, be mindful of what is available for you from the realm of supernatural sufficiency in Jesus name. Don't be mindful of doubt, of impossibilities, of setback, of fear in Jesus name.

If God has said it, it's in your best interest to agree with God.

Pr 21:18
The wicked shall be a ransom for the righteous.

And more scribblings.. grin
Re: How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? by Incrizz(f): 8:56am On May 16, 2017
somehow:
But I don't really enjoy these kind of teachings based mostly on the OT. Too many tit for tat teachings are therein.

Haba neighbour,
Every Sunday is not OT!

Funny, the Pastor's teaching was NT that day.
He was teaching about Jesus blood.
Re: How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? by Incrizz(f): 8:59am On May 16, 2017
lexy2014:
3 full notebooks?that's amazing. seems u have a secretarial calling

Kikiki grin
Secretarial? Kill me instead.

3 Note books of about 2-3years teaching..
Re: How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? by somehow: 11:23am On May 16, 2017
Ok but your Bible references are from the OT, yet he preached NT?
Incrizz:

Haba neighbour,
Every Sunday is not OT!

Funny, the Pastor's teaching was NT that day.
He was teaching about Jesus blood.

Re: How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? by Incrizz(f): 5:51pm On May 16, 2017
somehow:
Ok but your Bible references are from the OT, yet he preached NT?

Wow!!!!
Re: How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? by somehow: 6:25pm On May 16, 2017
Incrizz:

Wow!!!!

Are you a siren? why the wow? cheesy
Re: How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? by Incrizz(f): 8:06pm On May 16, 2017
somehow:

Are you a siren? why the wow? cheesy

No.
You know the answer.

I'm feeling soOo sleepy.
Goodnight..
Sweet dreamsSs...
Re: How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? by somehow: 8:34pm On May 16, 2017
Common, engage me na. I was just surprised to see you quote OT while teaching NT, so had to point it out. Thought it would allow you explain what you learnt in church with such method of preaching. Anyways if you wish to talk more on this, let me know. Good night to you too but not yet bed time here.
Incrizz:

No.
You know the answer.

I'm feeling soOo sleepy.
Goodnight..
Sweet dreamsSs...
Re: How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? by Incrizz(f): 8:12pm On May 17, 2017
somehow:
Common, engage me na. I was just surprised to see you quote OT while teaching NT, so had to point it out. Thought it would allow you explain what you learnt in church with such method of preaching. Anyways if you wish to talk more on this, let me know. Good night to you too but not yet bed time here.

So, are you saying that you haven't sat through a 45 minutes sermon that takes you through so many books of the Scriptures in sequence?
That, by the time they are done teaching, you only want more?

Jesus, after He rose from the dead, took them through Scriptures to explain that the Christ had to die.

He opened their eyes to every Scripture that foretold THIS from the beginning.

It's an interesting method of teaching..
Re: How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? by somehow: 8:24pm On May 17, 2017
Seems you didn't get me. Most of the scriptures that dwelled on Christ death and rising to me are within the NT. Anyways I responded based on what you posted.
Incrizz:

So, are you saying that you haven't sat through a 45 minutes sermon that takes you through so many books of the Scriptures in sequence?
That, by the time they are done teaching, you only want more?

Jesus, after He rose from the dead, took them through Scriptures to explain that the Christ had to die.

He opened their eyes to every Scripture that foretold THIS from the beginning.

It's an interesting method of teaching..

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? by solar007: 6:50am On May 28, 2017
But it is good to go through it at least once
Re: How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? by seunlayi(m): 10:46am On May 28, 2017
lexy2014:

This is the hard truth for many
Re: How Often Do You Read Your Church Message Note? by seunlayi(m): 6:47am On Jul 16, 2017
Victornezzar:
Mhen i don't open it all
i normally jot in church 2 keep my self busy so I won't doze off......cos all dose ushers ehn.....dey can fall ur hand

Quite funny of you

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

All Nigeria Satanist Lets Meet Here. / Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. / Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.