Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,751 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ (11790 Views)

Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus / Daddy Freeze, Crazeclown: Doctor Saves Life In Theatre You Take Gifts To Pastors / Lizzy Johnson Suleman Gives 3 Church Members Cars & Cash Gifts To Mark Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by irynterri(f): 7:23am On May 14, 2017
Matt 25:31-46: And when the Son of man shall come in his majesty, and all the angels with him, then shall he sit upon the seat of his majesty.

32 And all nations shall be gathered together before him, and he shall separate them one from another, as the shepherd separateth the sheep from the goats:

33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left.

34Then shall the king say to them that shall be on his right hand: Come, ye blessed of my Father, possess you the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

35For I was hungry, and you gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and you took me in:

36Naked, and you covered me: sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came to me.

37Then shall the just answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, and fed thee; thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38And when did we see thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and covered thee?

39Or when did we see thee sick or in prison, and came to thee?

40And the king answering, shall say to them: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these my least brethren, you did it to me.

41Then he shall say to them also that shall be on his left hand: Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels.

42For I was hungry, and you gave me not to eat: I was thirsty, and you gave me not to drink.

43I was a stranger, and you took me not in: naked, and you covered me not: sick and in prison, and you did not visit me.

44Then they also shall answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister to thee?

45Then he shall answer them, saying: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it not to one of these least, neither did you do it to me.

46And these shall go into everlasting punishment: but the just, into life everlasting. A day shall come when both me writing this and you reading this shall fulfil this prophecy, the question is will you want to fulfil the goat or the sheep

So many Christians today spend hours worshipping God and keeping his commands without backing it up with action, as Christians our primary duty is worshipping God in truth and in spirit,keeping his commandments, spreading the good news of our salvation and helping the needy

QUES:HOW IMPORTANT IS CHARITY?
ANS: Luke 16:19-31,Jesus gave the parable of the rich man and Lazarus,clearly the sin of the rich man was he neglected the poor man at his gate, Matthew 19:21,Jesus told the man who seeked eternal life to sell his properties and give to the poor in order to inherit the kingdom of God.

QUES:THE ROLE OF THE CHURCH IN CHARITY
ANS:Acts 2:45,says that the early Christians sold all they had and distributed it amongst themselves such that no one is in need.quite unfortunately that scenario does not happen in our world today, but it is necessary that every church should have an association or society that takes care of the needy as well as raise capitals for members to start a business venture with.i know of a TREM parish that gives food to the poor every afternoon,most Catholic churches have societies that address the needs of the poor,if u dont have one where you worship,try to introduce it,if not possible join another help the needy team,eternal life is an individual race.Whenever you are financially low as a Christian,it is your basic duty to approach your pastor/priest for financial aid as done by the early Christians.

QUES:WHAT KIND OF CHARITY IS ACCEPTABLE TO GOD
ANS: Matthew 6:2-5:
“So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

QUES:WHAT IF I AM NOT RICH?
ANS:you do not have to be Bill Gates to practise charity. Charity is to share from the little you have. If you come back to school with two packets of biscuit you could give one off to a poor student or person you know, you can share your food with a poor person who yet to eat, as a conductor,you could give a free seat to that poor widow who begs for a ride home, if you sell clothes,you could keep some back especially coats to share for the homeless during Harmattan and cold weather etc.

QUES:IS TITHE THE SAME AS CHARITY?
ANS:tithe is a spiritual work to support the church and gospel,it comes with his own Grace while charity in this context entails giving to those who have no chances to give back to you.

QUES:who do I give to?
ANS:from the closest to you who is in need,in the parable of Lazarus and the rich man this was the sin of the rich man, to those far from you irrespective of their tribe, race,sex and religion.

In summary James 1:27 says the Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.Choose today if you want to be the goat or sheep, other scriptures: James 2:1-26.

51 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by Ololanla: 7:25am On May 14, 2017
Okay
Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by Dotwillis1(m): 7:28am On May 14, 2017
Most of these pentescostal churches don't even care about their members welfare. They won't even preach charity.....only long talks on the benefits of giving to church. They are all about tithes and partnership undecided

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by ifex370(m): 7:29am On May 14, 2017
Thanks for this piece man. smiley

4 Likes

Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by ekensi01: 7:30am On May 14, 2017
working towards it.

2 Likes

Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by Raphael81(m): 7:30am On May 14, 2017
Wow beautiful write up God bless you bro

7 Likes

Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by irynterri(f): 7:40am On May 14, 2017
Raphael81:
Wow beautiful write up God bless you bro
Thanks alot,but I'm a sis grin

4 Likes

Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by irynterri(f): 7:42am On May 14, 2017
Dotwillis1:
Most of these pentescostal churches don't even care about their members welfare. They won't even preach charity.....only long talks on the benefits of given to church. They are all about tithes and partnership

one of the reasons why I decided to write this,most churches today preach more about conquering the earth whereas in reality Jesus came that we can have have a share in paradise not earth,we do not belong to this world but that which is yet to come,thanks for your contribution

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by Chikelue2000(m): 7:48am On May 14, 2017
Dotwillis1:
Most of these pentescostal churches don't even care about their members welfare. They won't even preach charity.....only long talks on the benefits of given to church. They are all about tithes and partnership

what do u know about tithe n offering?. did u read where in d old testament Moses use tithe to help widows or d poor?, u folks r just not Christians
Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by Dotwillis1(m): 7:49am On May 14, 2017
Chikelue2000:
what do u know about tithe n offering?. did u read where in d old testament Moses use tithe to help widows or door?, u folks r just not Christians
. why are you in such hurry to attack me without even reading well, think and understand what I'm trying to say as regards the original post. No one us saying tithe is meant for whatever and I'm not criticizing paying of tithe.

Now go back to the original post and read well, read my comment again and then you can quote me...

2 Likes

Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by CHARLOE(m): 8:13am On May 14, 2017
Chikelue2000:
what do u know about tithe n offering?. did u read where in d old testament Moses use tithe to help widows or d poor?, u folks r just not Christians
Ignorance is a disease. So u don't know 1 of d 3 types of tithes is meant for d poor, orphans n widows n d homeless. Do u even know there are 3 types of tithes? Do u know tithe was never money? Google: 3 types of tithes n you'll get d scriptures.
I know ur pastor only preach Malachi 3 to u

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by irynterri(f): 7:58am On Oct 22, 2017
wishing everyone a blessed sunday
Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by irynterri(f): 6:50am On Feb 04, 2018
I wish this can make front page today to educate many Christians out there
Cc: lalasticlala, ishilove

1 Like

Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by Pavore9: 6:54am On Feb 04, 2018
Nice read.

1 Like

Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by Benekruku(m): 12:08pm On Feb 04, 2018
irynterri:
Matt 25:31-46: And when the Son of man shall come in his majesty, and all the angels with him, then shall he sit upon the seat of his majesty.

32 And all nations shall be gathered together before him, and he shall separate them one from another, as the shepherd separateth the sheep from the goats:

33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left.

34Then shall the king say to them that shall be on his right hand: Come, ye blessed of my Father, possess you the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

35For I was hungry, and you gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and you took me in:

36Naked, and you covered me: sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came to me.

37Then shall the just answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, and fed thee; thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38And when did we see thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and covered thee?

39Or when did we see thee sick or in prison, and came to thee?

40And the king answering, shall say to them: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these my least brethren, you did it to me.

41Then he shall say to them also that shall be on his left hand: Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels.

42For I was hungry, and you gave me not to eat: I was thirsty, and you gave me not to drink.

43I was a stranger, and you took me not in: naked, and you covered me not: sick and in prison, and you did not visit me.

44Then they also shall answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister to thee?

45Then he shall answer them, saying: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it not to one of these least, neither did you do it to me.

46And these shall go into everlasting punishment: but the just, into life everlasting. A day shall come when both me writing this and you reading this shall fulfil this prophecy, the question is will you want to fulfil the goat or the sheep

So many Christians today spend hours worshipping God and keeping his commands without backing it up with action, as Christians our primary duty is worshipping God in truth and in spirit,keeping his commandments, spreading the good news of our salvation and helping the needy

QUES:HOW IMPORTANT IS CHARITY?
ANS: Luke 16:19-31,Jesus gave the parable of the rich man and Lazarus,clearly the sin of the rich man was he neglected the poor man at his gate, Matthew 19:21,Jesus told the man who seeked eternal life to sell his properties and give to the poor in order to inherit the kingdom of God.

QUES:THE ROLE OF THE CHURCH IN CHARITY
ANS:Acts 2:45,says that the early Christians sold all they had and distributed it amongst themselves such that no one is in need.quite unfortunately that scenario does not happen in our world today, but it is necessary that every church should have an association or society that takes care of the needy as well as raise capitals for members to start a business venture with.i know of a TREM parish that gives food to the poor every afternoon,most Catholic churches have societies that address the needs of the poor,if u dont have one where you worship,try to introduce it,if not possible join another help the needy team,eternal life is an individual race.Whenever you are financially low as a Christian,it is your basic duty to approach your pastor/priest for financial aid as done by the early Christians.

QUES:WHAT KIND OF CHARITY IS ACCEPTABLE TO GOD
ANS: Matthew 6:2-5:
“So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

QUES:WHAT IF I AM NOT RICH?
ANS:you do not have to be Bill Gates to practise charity. Charity is to share from the little you have. If you come back to school with two packets of biscuit you could give one off to a poor student or person you know, you can share your food with a poor person who yet to eat, as a conductor,you could give a free seat to that poor widow who begs for a ride home, if you sell clothes,you could keep some back especially coats to share for the homeless during Harmattan and cold weather etc.

QUES:IS TITHE THE SAME AS CHARITY?
ANS:tithe is a spiritual work to support the church and gospel,it comes with his own Grace while charity in this context entails giving to those who have no chances to give back to you.

QUES:who do I give to?
ANS:from the closest to you who is in need,in the parable of Lazarus and the rich man this was the sin of the rich man, to those far from you irrespective of their tribe, race,sex and religion.

In summary James 1:27 says the Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.Choose today if you want to be the goat or sheep, other scriptures: James 2:1-26.

Scripturally explain the bolden. When and where did tithe become a spiritual work?

But in the first place, How can we logically explained that an acclaimed almighty God collects gift? smh....

1 Like

Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by PotatoSalad(m): 12:14pm On Feb 04, 2018
O chim .
Seun well done, I wanted to comment on an Islamic thread but met some useless bs rule, that I have to swear and all that bs. Why's that not included in Christian threads?
You my friend are one of the problems we have in this country but you ain't know yet.
Continue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by HigherEd: 12:21pm On Feb 04, 2018
Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 04, 2018
Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by MEILYN(m): 12:31pm On Feb 04, 2018
I was expecting you to drop a Bible verse that supports your tithes claim. You gave us Bible verses for everything except for your tithes point.
Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by bionixs: 12:36pm On Feb 04, 2018
Dotwillis1:
Most of these pentescostal churches don't even care about their members welfare. They won't even preach charity.....only long talks on the benefits of giving to church. They are all about tithes and partnership undecided

oga BLAME GAME, How far for your side. Leave others, how much have YOU done for charity . I mean YOU !
Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by Sammiejokes(m): 12:46pm On Feb 04, 2018
Benekruku:

Scripturally explain the bolden. When and where did tithe become a spiritual work?

But in the first place, How can we logically explained that an acclaimed almighty God collects gift? smh....
God bless you, the OP made salient point until he made an unfounded point.
Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by nwakaibeya1: 12:49pm On Feb 04, 2018
PEOPLE HATE TRUTH and that is why since creation those who follow truth and real God of justice are always in minority read your Bible very well about those who TRULY, truly followed JESUSCHRSIT only five hundred and something people NOT MIRACLE SEEKERS JUST LIKE .THE MIRACLE SEEKERS OF THIS DAYS, HENCE they met JESUSCHRIST physically then,how much more now that Bornagain is on the lips of everyone even when they dont know the spiritual where JESUSCHRIST dwells?Behold knowing God and knowing real God of JUSTICE are two different things and beign Bornagain and beign REAL Bornagain are very different situations and many dont even understand or know what beign real Born again means?we told you that night is one and light is one and very few accept and find the LIGHT which JESUSCHRIST declared and said I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD? : Yes,we speak with unbelievable power and authority, that false humility,chameleons,deciets,evil marine world and occult nations dominate Prophets and Pastors&Prophetess and Bornagains and very many humanbeigns on earth&beyond and we have come with LIGHT,that LIGHT and POWER that is UNBELEVABLE to HUMANBEIGNS and humanbeigns dont agree to it and have also refused to CHECK and even those who knows the utterance will never surender just like Pharoah never surendered because they know and understand what the LIGHT does and for emphasis the LIGHT exposes and disgraces evil and makes well the good,depending on where you belong.we have spoken again and those who have ear let them hear and those who have eyes let them check what we speak and dont forget that kingdom of God of justice has come,LIGHT has come,MANTLE has come,and JUDGEMENT and REVENGE has come but how would humanbeigns know if Jesuschrist said he will comeback like a thief?never will Jesuschrist come back as humanbeigns expect and if you are wise and know God why not investigate and ask questions as we have authorised people, before it is too late?Who can battle with God of justice.we authorize you to investigate the revelation by any means possible to you hence in the realm of the spirit there is no distance and power talks and not empty critics Especially as people prefer the slang THOU SHALL NOT JUDGE INSTEAD OF THOU SHALL JUDGE IN JOHN 5,30 read

3 Likes

Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by Dotwillis1(m): 1:03pm On Feb 04, 2018
bionixs:
oga BLAME GAME, How far for your side. Leave others, how much have YOU done for charity . I mean YOU !
oponu am I a church? or I asked you to pay me tithe?
Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by ayusco85(m): 1:26pm On Feb 04, 2018
God bless you my brother in Christ for this piece. You just preached what isn't being preached in most churches. God bless u once more

1 Like

Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by bezimo(m): 1:29pm On Feb 04, 2018
You are not wrong. Giving to charity and the poor, Giving to God, Giving to prophets, Giving to Parents all have their place as spelt out in the bible and each with their reward.
Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by mybestlove(m): 1:40pm On Feb 04, 2018
You just summarised Christianity.

Weldon sister.

Those that believe in acquiring all the wealth in the world should know that it is not the essence of life.

Early Christians lived a communal life but today, the opposite is the case.

Help us Lord

1 Like

Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by irynterri(f): 2:06pm On Feb 04, 2018
Benekruku:

the answer to the question you asked will be difficult for you to understand. It is quite similar to explaining algebra to an average child in nursery school. You can read up about those who gave tithes and gifts to the honour of God especially the widow in Luke 24:1-4..thanks alot for your contribution
Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by Ucheamani(m): 2:27pm On Feb 04, 2018
irynterri:
I wish this can make front page today to educate many Christians out there
Cc: lalasticlala, ishilove

Truth is:
(1) Tithe is against the spirit of christian giving 2Cor 9:7 " Let each one do as he has resolved in his heart..not under compulsion."
It is not an error that neither Christ nor his disciples preached nor paid tithe. They all gave out of free-will
Gal 3: 23-25 shows that the law including that establishing tithing as a means to service the levitical priesthood has been fulfilled in Christ.

(2) God made man to live on earth forever and Adamic sin has not changed it.
Psalm 37: 9-11, 29 shows that the righteous will still inherit the earth and dwell in a paradise 4ever
Jesus restated this in Matt 5:5, and in the Lord's prayer in Matt 6: 9-13 ... Thy will be done on earth as it is done in heaven.
Matt 25: 34-45 shows that the sheep in Jesus parable will inherit the kingdom prepared for them from the founding of the world.
Rev 21: 1-4 shows that God's original purpose to have righteous humans inherit the earth will be realised.

1 Like

Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by Etuagievin(m): 2:43pm On Feb 04, 2018
irynterri:
one of the reasons why I decided to write this,most churches today preach more about conquering the earth whereas in reality Jesus came that we can have have a share in paradise not earth,we do not belong to this world but that which is yet to come,thanks for your contribution
when the scriptures mention the world its not referring to the literal earth, but the wicked humans who have committed Havocs. It would do u a world of Good to consider these scriptures; psalm 37:9, 10& 29 mt 6:9&10 .
Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by Etuagievin(m): 2:44pm On Feb 04, 2018
irynterri:
when the scriptures mention the world its not referring to the literal earth, but the wicked humans who have committed Havocs. It would do u a world of Good to consider these scriptures; psalm 37:9, 10& 29 mt 6:9&10
Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by samsongbemisola(m): 3:22pm On Feb 04, 2018
MEILYN:
I was expecting you to drop a Bible verse that supports your tithes claim. You gave us Bible verses for everything except for your tithes point.
The write up is not about tithe bit about charity

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Donate Relief Items To Flood Victims / . Muslims: Satan EATS Food With His Left Hand / The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.