Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

Mazda Mpv Overheating Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mazda Mpv Overheating Issues (1622 Views)

Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car / You Should Never Remove Your Car Thermostat To Avoid Overheating. / 5 Likely Causes For An Overheating Car Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mazda Mpv Overheating Issues by Hellustic(m): 3:38pm On May 14, 2017
Hello
Pls i have a mazda mpv 2002 model. Recently the car has been overheating alot. Even at night.. I had to replace the radiator and colant. Still the issue continues.. We even tried a radiator from another mazda.. Same thing... It over heats in less than 10mins of driving..
I also recently noticed that it was not connecting to a scanner when i tried to scan.. Used 2 different scanner but couldn't connect.. Pls what cud be the cause cos im so tired..
Re: Mazda Mpv Overheating Issues by obekediamondfuto(m): 3:51pm On May 14, 2017
op next time u do this mention a few veteran monikers or beta still search the forum, I think honmusa has a thread where u could have lodged.
nonetheless

@gazuzz, honmusa, kingreign, nurey, mayor2013, adanny01, egunmogaji
Re: Mazda Mpv Overheating Issues by nurey(m): 4:17pm On May 14, 2017
Wearing only boxers and singlet, please the boxers should be loose and cover the thing well you don't want to seduce the ladies around grin

At cold start remove the radiator cap and start the ignition if bubbles are seen in the radiator your gasket is affected. Lock back the cap

While engine is running check under the car if you notice liquid dripping from hose leading to and away from the engine. If you always top radiator all the time then this is why leakage.

Once the temp Guage reaches half way and the fans aren't blowing switch on the AC if only one fan is blowing or none is blowing then you have the source of issue. At half mark one fan should already be blowing, whether the engine is cold or not if you switch AC on, both fans should start blowing.

You need someone to help you check your thermostat, remove it and do the water test on it. It could be spoilt hence stopping the passage of coolant to engine. I hope you have not been using water all this while.

Goodluck if these diagnosis are too hard for you just take the car to a technician and let him run diagnosis on your cooling system

As for the obd port I can't really say much on that hope the car isn't converted

1 Like

Re: Mazda Mpv Overheating Issues by Hellustic(m): 4:19pm On May 14, 2017
Thank you
I think ive heard of gazuzz before..
Im new to this thread that is why.. Just trying to know tje possible cause bfore i approach a mechanic
Re: Mazda Mpv Overheating Issues by Hellustic(m): 4:24pm On May 14, 2017
I have changed the gasket and there is no water leakage.. I always use 3 cans of coolant to the water..
The fan has been converted to blow direct so its always on.
How do i know if the car is converted.
Re: Mazda Mpv Overheating Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:33pm On May 14, 2017
overheating in 10mins?
That's rather quick.

Check water pump.

1 Like

Re: Mazda Mpv Overheating Issues by Hellustic(m): 6:16pm On May 14, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
overheating in 10mins?
That's rather quick.

Check water pump.

Pls kindly help with a recommended auto mechanic.. Im tired of this trial n error road side mechanics
Re: Mazda Mpv Overheating Issues by Mazdaenginepart: 7:17pm On Jun 01, 2017
Hope it has stop

(1) (Reply)

All New 2018 Audi A7 Sportback (details, Photos And Price) / Meet Maharaja Of Alwar, Who Turned His Rolls Royce Into Garbage Collector / [video] How It Looks Like When You Are Being Shot With AK-47 In Amored Benz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.