Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,660 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) (22114 Views)

Loretta Okonkwo: EFCC Arrests Lady For Fraud / RRS Arrests Man Who Hugs His Victims Before Stealing Their Phones (Photo) / Man Caught Trying To Sell Human Eyeball For N250k In Niger State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 14, 2017
Chanchit:

Its not even the cash alone, she can't cater for the baby and the woman can, its a fair deal on both side. Or how many people have they caught out of all the ones that abandon their baby to die on the road.

It happens all the time. Mrs Nwata who had been pretending to be pregnant would've gone to her church to dedicate the child and also give testimony how she was 'blessed' with a child at the age of 55 years plus after searching for fruit of the womb for more than 30 years and nairalanders would've joined to shout amen

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by GeneralOjukwu: 6:08pm On May 14, 2017
angelo5uk:

West is synonymous with education and knowledge.... Really.... Are you kidding.

Well that was 20 something years ago..... Have you seen the Jam

Yes I have used JAM for eating bread.

Which universities are reputed and rated best in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by latsy: 6:08pm On May 14, 2017
If not caught this criminal will have gone to give testimony of this "miracle" on sunday.

1 Like

Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by Nickizoe(f): 6:10pm On May 14, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

. HEHE Epic funny

1 Like

Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by latsy: 6:11pm On May 14, 2017
IdeyFindWife:
That couple could've just gone ahead and adopted a child through legal channels nah?!

Nigerians and clandestine runz?! Now, they're roped in with criminals now!

Anyway, gotta run...tribal mofos be all over this thread like flies on day-old shyt!

How will they give testimony in church if they adopt a child ?

1 Like

Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by eyinjuege: 6:14pm On May 14, 2017
Chanchit:

Its not even the cash alone, she can't cater for the baby and the woman can, its a fair deal on both side. Or how many people have they caught out of all the ones that abandon their baby to die on the road.

The truth is, it shouldn't be encouraged. Some will buy a baby, and do whatever they deem fit to it e.g rituals, even resell the child for a higher price.
Its morally wrong to buy another human being.
I think its better the govt gets involved, open a safe house for these women, put the babies into orphanages once born, where people that have had a background check and are found fit can adopt these babies. The govt can then rehabilitate these mothers with some skills.
The govt also need to monitor these orphanages, because some of them are very shady.
All adoptions should be done legally, and not through back door runs.

3 Likes

Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by noziz(m): 6:14pm On May 14, 2017
"OWIE IGBO DAN" grin
Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by wristbangle: 6:16pm On May 14, 2017
Nixiepie:
long time,hope ur ministry is moving cool

Lol which one? Your own dey move?
Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by Nixiepie(f): 6:19pm On May 14, 2017
wristbangle:

Lol which one? Your own dey move?
grin
Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by eyinjuege: 6:21pm On May 14, 2017
conductor111:
Shame to all thosehypocrites castigating the poor lady for putting up her child for adoption because she couldn't take care of her. How many of you have given money to beggars? If the lady came to you for help, so many of you will end up using her to your own advantage before giving her chicken change.

In saner countries, people do it. Poor people give up their children for adoption to rich people.

She sold her child. She didn't give the child up for adoption. There's a difference. No one should have the right to sell another human being.

People do legally adopt in Nigeria. It may take some time, but if you're found fit, you'll scale through the adoption process.
Every good thing takes time, and is worth waiting for. Those going that route need to be patient, and not just do sharp sharp runs. Adoption is a long process, even for the rich abroad.

1 Like

Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by AuroraB(f): 6:29pm On May 14, 2017
Ezedon:
She should be jailed for life, for selling her own child
Na so we dey pass judgment oooo
If she's lynched tomorrow for stealing to feed her child, una go shout thief.
She just didn't do it right. Adoption is legal.
Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by lloyds(m): 6:30pm On May 14, 2017
Money that is not enough for some people to eat launch.
Poverty is indeed a serious curse.
Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 14, 2017
She hasn't committed a crime as for me !
Infact the babe will enjoy life in his new parents home more than his real mother.
Free the girl abegi!
Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by einsteine(m): 6:46pm On May 14, 2017
Is this supposed to be a crime? How is this different from giving up a child for adoption?
Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by Twizta(m): 6:54pm On May 14, 2017
For those of you calling people hypocrites here, is that how to put a child up for adoption? Lagos state supports child adoption, but there must be judicial and administrative authorization for it to work, not selling the baby to different persons from the hospital. They all have commited a crime. The buyers of the baby should know better that buying a baby is different from adoption. The right process for adoption wasn't followed.

1 Like

Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by donqx: 7:27pm On May 14, 2017
hustla
Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by willibounce1(m): 7:40pm On May 14, 2017
I really don't understand how ipods always support all manner of crimes. Imagine them shouting hypocrite up and down like headless chickens. Why would anybody sell a baby? What if the buyers are planning to use the baby for rituals. You go.just born pikin sell am like say na banana you dey sell. I'm just happy that we still have a lot of sensible igbos especially in Lagos and Abuja. Most of the ipods in their villages are just shameless miscreants.
Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by sweetilicious(f): 8:18pm On May 14, 2017
conductor111:
Shame to all thosehypocrites castigating the poor lady for putting up her child for adoption because she couldn't take care of her. How many of you have given money to beggars? If the lady came to you for help, so many of you will end up using her to your own advantage before giving her chicken change.

In saner countries, people do it. Poor people give up their children for adoption to rich people.
I cannot do this. I will do any job in this world to protect my child. I cannot give my child out to any rich person. I will never do this.
Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by anitank(f): 8:36pm On May 14, 2017
IdeyFindWife:
That couple could've just gone ahead and adopted a child through legal channels nah?!

Nigerians and clandestine runz?! Now, they're roped in with criminals now!

Anyway, gotta run...tribal mofos be all over this thread like flies on day-old shyt!

You can't blame them. Child adoption in Nigeria is such a hassle. Sometimes people go through the process for more than a year and eventually get disqualified for stupid reasons. So people end up sorting the easy way out.
Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by anitank(f): 8:49pm On May 14, 2017
eyinjuege:

She sold her child. She didn't give the child up for adoption. There's a difference. No one should have the right to sell another human being.

People do legally adopt in Nigeria. It may take some time, but if you're found fit, you'll scale through the adoption process.
Every good thing takes time, and is worth waiting for. Those going that route need to be patient, and not just do sharp sharp runs. Adoption is a long process, even for the rich abroad.

I'd never advise anybody I know to go through adoption process in Nigeria. It is more draining and frustrating than trying to conceive your own child. My former boss's wife went through this for more than a year and ended up having her hopes dashed. All she wanted was a girl after four boys.

I'm glad God finally answered her prayers because she eventually conceived and delivered a baby girl.

It is wrong to buy a human but I cannot and will not judge this couple for their action because I don't know what they've been through to have a child.
Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by angelo5uk(m): 8:57pm On May 14, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

Best in Nigeria for REAL... With all these half baked graduates we have all over the place ..... I pity your likes.... Always going around looking for people's typo error as if you get paid for it. With your 10mb data balance. TYPO ERROR HUNTER
Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by GeneralOjukwu: 9:00pm On May 14, 2017
angelo5uk:

[s]Best in Nigeria for REAL... With all these half baked graduates we have all over the place ..... I pity your likes.... Always going around looking for people's typo error as if you get paid for it. With your 10mb data balance. TYPO ERROR HUNTER
[/s]

Pity YOURSELF first, that's very important. Now buzz off.

1 Like

Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by delpee(f): 9:56pm On May 14, 2017
ugohemma:
Hypocrites every where....a woman once lost her two children to kidnappers her in ajegunle... but when one gives birth and gives out to those who can take care of the child..

She turns to wicked. Oyibo don rubish our head finish.

There are legal procedures to follow if a child must be given up for adoption. It's wise to find out from the government social welfare department. Adoption is allowed. I know someone who adopted legally through the Lagos State ministry in charge in conjunction with a licensed childrens home. Perhaps the laws should be reviewed in the light of today's realities.

Bottom line : The SALE of any human being is still a criminal offence.
Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by Prettyenit18(f): 10:06pm On May 14, 2017
Tell them! its nobody's business. The woman is rich and can take very good care of the child, train the child till he graduates. While if the child were to be with the real mother, they would suffer, he would probably end up becoming an 'agbero'
SweetJoystick:
Na wa oh! She no want her pickin, she sell am, na crime? She sold cos her papa fit kill for having a child out of wedlock, e no better pass say she no use am do ritual?
Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by Nobody: 10:36pm On May 14, 2017
delpee:

There are legal procedures to follow if a child must be given up for adoption. It's wise to find out from the government social welfare department. Adoption is allowed. I know someone who adopted legally through the Lagos State ministry in charge in conjunction with a licensed childrens home. Perhaps the laws should be reviewed in the light of today's realities.

Bottom line : The SALE of any human being is still a criminal offence.
said that before...she is wrong from he side of the all....but by common sense she is not wrong....only that she accepted a sum perceived as sale
Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by kennybabs1980: 11:36pm On May 14, 2017
Onyinyechi Osoneye Which part of Nigeria do we have that kin name sef?
Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by IdeyFindWife: 12:01am On May 15, 2017
anitank:

You can't blame them. Child adoption in Nigeria is such a hassle. Sometimes people go through the process for more than a year and eventually get disqualified for stupid reasons. So people end up sorting the easy way out.

damn?!

Why's everything gotta be so complicated in Nigeria?

You need to see the rate at which folks procreate yet they make it that difficult for good-families to accommodate the unwanted, the unloved and the leftovers of the bunch? it's just amazing.

I'd dare say if we had a great Child Welfare programme complete with workable framework supporting Adoption services, welfare etc; there mightn't even be so many destitute children and almajiris etc on ground in Nigeria today.

1 Like

Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by Nobody: 3:52am On May 15, 2017
Chai!! Na wa o
Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by godquality: 7:31am On May 15, 2017
Flashreporters:
Okocha confessed to investigators that she sold the baby for N850, 000 but gave the mother N250, 000.
Waoo. Somebody still made a 600k profit from the mother of the child. Typical for Nigerians not to help you if there's no benefit from it. Assuming say this didn't come to light that woman would've made so much from minimal efforts compared to the mother that carried that child 9 months.
Re: RRS Arrests Lady Who Sold Her Day-Old Baby For N250k (Photos) by Nobody: 3:58am On May 16, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals / Bandits Shoot Two Soldiers, NSCDC Officer Dead In Benue / Taskforce And Okada Riders Clash On Apapa-Oshodi Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.