Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,812 members, 7,806,282 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Choosing A Life Partner. - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Choosing A Life Partner. (51447 Views)

What Are Your Top 3 Criteria When Looking For A Potential Life Partner? / UBUNJA's MISEDUCATION: Choosing A Girl. / See Ten (10) Things To Check While Choosing A Husband In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by piagetskinner(m): 1:54pm On May 16, 2017
marriage is a very sensitive venture one must think deeply pray deeply before goin into

cos many couples have missed it and are living in regret...better not to marry than marry and regret later
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by tobaseye: 2:01pm On May 16, 2017
No 1 says compatibility... But I would rather go for someone that will complement me instead of compatibility. I have my reasons for saying this.

It is used to be compatibility for me but now hell no.
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by kinibigdeal(m): 2:06pm On May 16, 2017
Bumbae1:
who be dat sad
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by tobaseye: 2:09pm On May 16, 2017
ezewealth:

Oboy deeper life babes Don tear eyes

There are still good ones even not only in Deeper life. I think it is all about morality. But the church too contributes to it though. But only few that still want to remain moral sha. The society is gone decayed.

Can you blame them? They are exposed to some many immoral things these days that it only takes a divine grace to remain moral.

1 Like

Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by Adebayo4all: 3:20pm On May 16, 2017
pxjosh:
So I had a conversation with this girl yesterday.. one thing led to another I asked her which country messi was from..she said Spain.. I was like wtf I gave her one more try to guess again she just said Australia. I give up.
U are a big fool.
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by pxjosh(m): 3:40pm On May 16, 2017
Adebayo4all:
U are a big fool.
pardon? Who are you to call me a fool? It is very rude to call someone a fool even a stranger. Be very careful.
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by Adebayo4all: 3:40pm On May 16, 2017
Xkalaban:
Mehn at this point, na only God hand the ish dey. Plenty chics come & go but I never still find wetin I need. Even parents don dey panic give me.

Family background alone has made it impossible to marry just anyone. Education things, cute sisters n wifies who are very smart n well to do & Yankee based from a-z. I no fit fall hand @all. There's a certain caliber of girl I need. Beautiful, homely and reserved but well exposed, brilliant, resourceful, soccer & a 90's hip-hop lover..but where is she
why not dare to b different.
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 16, 2017
kinibigdeal:

Wts ur message will pass it to her grin
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by LoveJesus87(m): 5:59pm On May 16, 2017
Bumbae1:

Wetin consign u o
Nigerians and not minding der biz 5&6 ... u must be unemployed grin
ah me unemployed? Ah go kill u today walai angry grin
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 16, 2017
LoveJesus87:
ah me unemployed? Ah go kill u today walai angry grin
liya tell me what u do
Dis ur shakara seff too much grin
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by Xkalaban(m): 6:03pm On May 16, 2017
Adebayo4all:
why not dare to b different.

I'm already different I think, without even trying. It's just that my folks already set a high standard and I can't be the odd man out. If I don't find what I'm looking for then I'd probably stay single 4ever. It's that simple.
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by kinibigdeal(m): 6:33pm On May 16, 2017
Bumbae1:
Wts ur message will pass it to her grin
Tell her am planning to blow a whistle grin
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by ezewealth(m): 6:55pm On May 16, 2017
tobaseye:

There are still good ones even not only in Deeper life. I think it is all about morality. But the church too contributes to it though. But only few that still want to remain moral sha. The society is gone decayed.

Can you blame them? They are exposed to some many immoral things these days that it only takes a divine grace to remain moral.
Na university way spoil our gals (deeper life). Anyone way enter uni go join bad gang, I don't know whether to say na because of the restrictions given to dem when there were in their teens
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by Capableben(m): 9:39pm On May 16, 2017
CzarChris:
At that point in my life right now, I have this amazingly brilliant sweet angel I'm planning on proposing to next month(vivalavida if you leak this secret I will personally shoot you bro. grin grin grin ) We have practically everything in common, it's just that I am not the religious type and she is a devote Catholic (the strong one). That spiritual compatibility part gives me the chills man.
hahahahaha, you can handle it man.

1 Like

Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by Adebayo4all: 10:07pm On May 16, 2017
Xkalaban:

I'm already different I think, without even trying. It's just that my folks already set a high standard and I can't be the odd man out. If I don't find what I'm looking for then I'd probably stay single 4ever. It's that simple.
thy is nothing high abt d standard is simply inferiority complex.
my father can't dare create a standard of ppl I move with talk more of d wife I marry or will I ever see myself inferior simply because of d choice i made been different 4rm others.......No No No No.
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by Xkalaban(m): 10:34pm On May 16, 2017
Adebayo4all:
thy is nothing high abt d standard is simply inferiority complex.
my father can't dare create a standard of ppl I move with talk more of d wife I marry or will I ever see myself inferior simply because of d choice i made been different 4rm others.......No No No No.

Well I respectfully disagree with u. U talk abt inferiority complex like u know me but really u must not be referring to me & pls don't just go there. I am from a beautiful family so I intend to keep it so. Parents wilI panic and say their own but penultimately the decision to choose is mine. I know the qualities I mentioned & I'm simply saying I'm not gonna settle for anything less. And mind u, I wasn't saying I'm worried abt myself, I'm saying I'm worried abt finding the right girl who can fit in & rep well and hopefully on time. My ppl carry and pass on tradition. So I'm not gonna be the one to deviate. Kappish
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by CzarChris(m): 12:09am On May 17, 2017
Capableben:
hahahahaha, you can handle it man.
Thanks for the vote of confidence man, I appreciate. Just that this marriage stuff is really scary. I won't really miss the playboy life, it's just that I'm really scared and I'm happily looking forward to it.

Did I make any sense? undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by Nobody: 4:07am On May 17, 2017
Happy for you o. Thank God you finally found her. Don't forget to invite me for d wedding and yes, you should be happy to settle with such an angel, she sure has a lot to contribute to your life. Who play boy help ?? undecided
Cc: Czarchris

1 Like

Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by Omolego: 4:17am On May 17, 2017
You wont find joy fitting in to peoples standard,
its ur marriage not them, u in it, not them, choose what u need and can accept, dnt let people push you, to wat only u gat swallow. Remember any actions u take, u face the consequences either positive or negative.
Xkalaban:

Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by Xkalaban(m): 7:18am On May 17, 2017
Omolego:
You wont find joy fitting in to peoples standard,
its ur marriage not them, u in it, not them, choose what u need and can accept, dnt let people push you, to wat only u gat swallow. Remember any actions u take, u face the consequences either positive or negative.

Pls the so called ppl ur referring to is my family. And I'm saying that they've already set a good standard which I also concur to and intend to maintain.

And also know u made a valid point. And it's cos of that that I'm still single. In as much as I know what I need in life, I'd never do things just cos others did. But I won't also compromise on some of the core values & virtues that's already embedded in my family. Meaning my wify has to be my missing rib and also be the type to fit in, in a family such as mine.
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by Capableben(m): 11:52am On May 17, 2017
CzarChris:
Thanks for the vote of confidence man, I appreciate. Just that this marriage stuff is really scary. I won't really miss the playboy life, it's just that I'm really scared and I'm happily looking forward to it.

Did I make any sense? undecided undecided undecided
lol, yes you did.

1 Like

Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by LoveJesus87(m): 3:19pm On May 17, 2017
Bumbae1:
liya tell me what u do
Dis ur shakara seff too much grin
Yes am into Medical laboratory. A highly lucrative and respected business tongue
U wey dey form, Wetin u dey do sef? Slayqueen? grin grin
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 17, 2017
LoveJesus87:
Yes am into Medical laboratory. A highly lucrative and respected business tongue
U wey dey form, Wetin u dey do sef? Slayqueen? grin grin
Lol cosmetic/skincare manufacturer and Assessor .. I OWN MY own undecided do you own yours ?
What else u got to offer so far not impressed grin grin
Lucrative ok if your turnover between £75-100k minimum we can do obama n michelle if not .. ... make i just waka grin
Me no want person to come and take half lie lie after i don suffer grin
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by LoveJesus87(m): 8:05pm On May 17, 2017
Bumbae1:

Lol cosmetic/skincare manufacturer and Assessor .. I OWN MY own undecided do you own yours ?
What else u got to offer so far not impressed grin grin
Lucrative ok if your turnover between £75-100k minimum we can do obama n michelle if not .. ... make i just waka grin
Me no want person to come and take half lie lie after i don suffer grin

U ehn grin U wee nor kill human pikin angry grin we can still do Obama and Michelle don't worry God would takie of d money part have faith grin

1 Like

Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 17, 2017
Basically on this issue----- Be careful of jumping into a committed
relationship right off the bat: It can be tempting
to jump into a committed relationship quickly when
you find someone you have a fiery connection with.
However, you don’t really know that person yet and
you’re getting emotionally invested in someone that
you don’t know much about. As time progresses, you
may find out things that you really don’t like or that
you’re truly not compatible with this person. Because
you invested so much emotional energy quickly, this
can hurt a lot more than it would have if you had
taken time to get to know the person before putting
your whole heart in to the relationship. When we’re in
the “romantic” stages of the beginning of a
relationship, we are often making choices out of lust
and fantasy-like projections instead of reality and
logic. It’s important to remain grounded and patient
when deciding to be seriously committed to
someone.meetcheewwww honestly relationship is not that easy as we think this basically one of my major priority and I also want the one who am gonna love do same to me,because it will give good room!!!!!
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by Nobody: 7:37am On May 18, 2017
LoveJesus87:
U ehn grin U wee nor kill human pikin angry grin we can still do Obama and Michelle don't worry God would takie of d money part have faith grin

Hope say u still dey alive
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by kristofa09(m): 3:35pm On May 18, 2017
BrutusOj:
One compatibility is missing. Traditional/Cultural compatibility. I think it cancel the last point on your list. If you marry a lady whose cultural background and traditional beliefs are different from yours, there will be trouble. As a Benue man(idoma from Ogbadibo) our tradition doesn't permit a married woman to allow another man to have any form of sexual contact with her, if she does and the hubby is aware and keep mute,eats from her pot, he( hubby) is in trouble, while a Plateau, Nasarawa, Niger man can over look it and nothing will happen to him nor the wife.

do we still have people like this in this world?
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by BrutusOj(m): 10:45pm On May 18, 2017
kristofa09:

do we still have people like this in this world?
How do you mean?
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by bamiDee1(m): 12:30pm On May 19, 2017
I appreciate and agree on point no. 6

tnnx
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by alicetaylor: 5:58am On May 03, 2018
Thanks for sharing this quality information with us. I really enjoyed reading

word cookies answers
Re: Choosing A Life Partner. by akaahs(m): 8:52pm On Nov 07, 2019
chibabe259:
Working dick should be added.
What about enduring pu**y should also be added ugh?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Dumps Her Boyfriend Who Bullied Her Online / Lady Steals Someone's Valentine’s Pictures On Instagram (Photos) / Uber And Bolt Drivers Are Harassing My Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.