Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Story Of A Graduate With A Pass... - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Story Of A Graduate With A Pass... (1426 Views)

From Machester To Mile 12, Lagos: How A Graduate Turned To A Porter (Pics) / What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? / Nwabueze Eucharia, A Graduate Of UNIZIK Paints & Tiles (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Story Of A Graduate With A Pass... by kennyblaze007(m): 8:34pm On May 14, 2017
Hi Nairalanders,I have always wanted to come on this forum to share my pains but the fear of been mocked has always prevented me to but then I decided to come out because its best I share this,for someone out there might just help out..

Its every student's dream to graduate with the best results but mine as a graduate has been shattered because of the degree i graduated with..I remember,after my Secondary School, I did tell my friends I was going to be amongst the best students in my department because i was really intelligent then,never knew that wnt be a reality for i indeed graduated with the poorest results ever (PASS)

I was never dull,but I did face alot of challenges in school..I left school at my 3rd year without my parents knowledge and after much persuasion, I came back,deferred my admission and resumed final year the following session and I still had the issue.So not to bore you all,I graduated with a pass.My dad fainted when he saw the result,I cried my eyes out cuz truthfully all that happened to me in school was more like film trick.

We tried applying for PGD but all the universities we checked out only wanted to admit atleast a third class..This made my dad more angry and he since left me to my fate..

Because of how uncomfortable my house was,I left home since last month to Lagos and am presently staying with my friend but surviving here hasn't been easy for me..Am writing this and will tell my full story to anyone willing to help.. Plz reach me on this number 0905 288 9334..Nairaland has been of help to alot of people who weren't shy to share their story,i really would love for help to come my way too..God bless Nairaland..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Story Of A Graduate With A Pass... by sammyscholar(m): 8:48pm On May 14, 2017
Hmm, touching. But, be specific, what kind of help do you want?
Re: Story Of A Graduate With A Pass... by kennyblaze007(m): 8:55pm On May 14, 2017
sammyscholar:
Hmm, touching. But, be specific, what kind of help do you want?

A job obviously, I can use to support myself..
Re: Story Of A Graduate With A Pass... by kennyblaze007(m): 9:09pm On May 14, 2017
Please guys,help me push this to front page.. I really do need help..
Re: Story Of A Graduate With A Pass... by Nobody: 3:37am On May 15, 2017
I remember,after my Secondary School, I did tell my friends I was going to be amongst the best students in my department because i was really intelligent then
You're not alone.
As at when writing JAMB: the VC must know my name.
First year : I will graduate with First Class.

Second Year: (after seeing E in two 3-unit course) 2.1 is perfect!

Third Year: (you're about proceeding for IT) A 'good' 2.2 dey okay.

Final Year: (reality is setting in) Lord let me sha graduate with my mate. "it's not by certificate, Wole Soyinka had 3rd class"...who tell you? cheesy

OP, knowing how NL works. This might not get the required result with your number there. Remove your number.
Make the title more of a lamentation and seeking of counsel.

E.g "What Job Opportunities Are There For a Pass Graduate?"
You'll be fine dear.
Re: Story Of A Graduate With A Pass... by BoleAndFish: 8:28am On May 15, 2017
Hmmmm life happens. First and foremost, don't be tempted to think you're not intelligent because of your result. Stay happy and don't loose your joy!! Very important.
It's not the end of the world. I've heard of people who graduated with pass and got a job with customs with no connection. Don't loose hope.

However, you need to learn to look away from your certificate. Yea, a job might come along but don't pause your life because it hasn't come. Look within yourself, learn a skill or a trade. Be prayerful so your mind can be wide open to ideas. You'll be fine bro.
Re: Story Of A Graduate With A Pass... by Nobody: 10:18am On May 15, 2017
BoleAndFish:
Hmmmm life happens. First and foremost, don't be tempted to think you're not intelligent because of your result. Stay happy and don't loose your joy!! Very important.
It's not the end of the world. I've heard of people who graduated with pass and got a job with customs with no connection. Don't loose hope.

However, you need to learn to look away from your certificate. Yea, a job might come along but don't pause your life because it hasn't come. Look within yourself, learn a skill or a trade. Be prayerful so your mind can be wide open to ideas. You'll be fine bro.
When did you become this nice?

Nairalanders dey always hear of people. Job as what? Comptroller of Customs?
Re: Story Of A Graduate With A Pass... by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:28am On May 15, 2017
kennyblaze007:
Please guys,help me push this to front page.. I really do need help..

God will surprise you. I want you not to loose hope..I'll advise you to learn a skill or trade for now but it may take a while to getting your feet on the ground due to Lagos stress..there are so many opportunities online you can invest on. you don't need to think of crime, fraudulent acts etc...

(1) (Reply)

10 Easiest Countries To Get A Work Visa / What Work Can I Do For A Nigerian Business/company From U.k / Information About Mobil Test Needed--procurement Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.