Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

We Have Confidence In Osinbajo – US, UK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Confidence In Osinbajo – US, UK (1538 Views)

Buhari Fires 35 Aides In Osinbajo’s Office - Daily Nigerian / Fayose, PDP Envious Of Osinbajo Us-style Campaign – Group / We Have Confidence In Osinbajo – US, UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have Confidence In Osinbajo – US, UK by alphonsojaybaz: 7:11am On May 15, 2017
We have confidence in Osinbajo – US, UK
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/05/we-have-confidence-in-osinbajo-us-uk.html

The United States of America and the United Kingdom have expressed no doubt in the ability and commitment of Acting President Yemi Osinbajo to continue with the anti-corruption war and economic revival in Nigeria.

The two countries told newsmen on Friday that they have confidence in Osinbajo to carry on with the quality leadership President Muhammadu Buhari has been providing the country.

This is coming on the heels of public outrage and fears expressed by Nigerians over Buhari’s deteriorating health and continued absence from public.

The President left for the UK last Sunday to receive medical attention and he is expected to be there for an indefinite time, according to his media aide, Femi Adesina.

In his last medical trip to Britain, Buhari was away for 49 days.

In the last few weeks, some prominent Nigerians had expressed angst over a cabal that has purpotedly hijacked power in the Presidency due to Buhari’s protracted illness, leaving Osinbajo in the cold.

The US and the UK, however, revealed that they believe the VP would take off from where the President stopped when he jetted out of the country to the UK for further medical attention.

When asked by our correspondent if the US Government was worried that Buhari’s poor health could slow down ongoing anti-corruption war in Nigeria, the spokesman for the US Embassy in Nigeria, Russell Brooks, said President Donald Trump’s administration believed in Buhari and Osinbajo.

Brooks said, “We are very much in favour of President (Muhammadu) Buhari’s campaign against corruption. We also believe that Acting President (Yemi) Osinbajo is strongly committed to this agenda and will continue to pursue it while President Buhari is out of the country.”

Speaking in a similar vein, the spokesman for the UK High Commission in Nigeria, Joseph Abuku, stated that while the British Government could not comment on whether any crisis resulting from Buhari’s protracted ill-health would lead Nigeria into political instability, he said the UK had confidence in the President and his deputy.

1 Like

Re: We Have Confidence In Osinbajo – US, UK by whitebeard(m): 7:14am On May 15, 2017
they have come again
Re: We Have Confidence In Osinbajo – US, UK by gbegemaster(m): 7:29am On May 15, 2017
If Bubu resigns and Osibaba becomes the president, I don't see anything or anyone stopping him from winning 2019 elections. Except a better candidate.

Every Nigerian of voting age should get a voters card. Let's take 2019 seriously.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Confidence In Osinbajo – US, UK by olujastro: 7:35am On May 15, 2017
Of course every country who donates large amounts of money as aids will have confidence in a govt that is far less corrupt and doing its best to tackle wastage.
Or you think the West would want to be giving aids to rich but poor countries like Nigeria when there are actually very poor countries that better deserve the aids? Nei.
Re: We Have Confidence In Osinbajo – US, UK by femolacqua(m): 7:42am On May 15, 2017
See vote of confidence.
Re: We Have Confidence In Osinbajo – US, UK by CoolFreeday(m): 7:45am On May 15, 2017
Mchew, if he wasn't good will baba choose him?
Re: We Have Confidence In Osinbajo – US, UK by ModsWillKillNL: 7:51am On May 15, 2017
This news will definitely demoralise the flatttinos.
What a way to start the week for them!

2 Likes

Re: We Have Confidence In Osinbajo – US, UK by TrueHeart365(m): 8:47am On May 15, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:
This news will definitely demoralise the flatttinos.

What a way to start the week for them!

being a fulani slave is not enough for you. you also have to masturbate over everything your white supremacists says. whether it's bull or not.

ode tongue
Re: We Have Confidence In Osinbajo – US, UK by ModsWillKillNL: 8:49am On May 15, 2017
TrueHeart365:

being a fulani slave is not enough for you. you also have to masturbate over everything your white supremacists says. whether it's bull or not.

ode tongue

Nah

My tribe rules the country unlike yours, the Ijaw slaves... grin

1 Like

Re: We Have Confidence In Osinbajo – US, UK by Sammiejokes(m): 9:46am On May 15, 2017
TrueHeart365:

ode tongue
oga sit down, your economy is developing, south Africa that welcome the white is a developed country. ipob and chest beating.
Re: We Have Confidence In Osinbajo – US, UK by tinkinjow: 10:26am On May 15, 2017
Lol...this is part of the problem. The way mere ambassadors make news in Nigeria is funny on a comedic angle but very sickening on a serious level.
That's how they start to eat at our national psychy rendering the gullible vulnerable to their schemes and antics.
I think journalists should blank them out of our national news.

2 Likes

Re: We Have Confidence In Osinbajo – US, UK by Iamwrath: 11:24am On May 15, 2017
This is Ominous , make una no scare person o
Re: We Have Confidence In Osinbajo – US, UK by Donclaracuzo: 2:49am On May 16, 2017
And Russia has confidence in Donald Trump.
Re: We Have Confidence In Osinbajo – US, UK by Nobody: 3:07am On May 16, 2017
I'm beginning to believe that GMBuhari of a guy. His predictions are lining up.
Re: We Have Confidence In Osinbajo – US, UK by Nobody: 3:15am On May 16, 2017
The reasons is because white imperialist own and control all our news and informational media. The journalists you talk off are all working for them.
tinkinjow:
Lol...this is part of the problem. The way mere ambassadors make news in Nigeria is funny on a comedic angle but very sickening on a serious level.
That's how they start to eat at our national psychy rendering the gullible vulnerable to their schemes and antics.
I think journalists should blank them out of our national news.
Re: We Have Confidence In Osinbajo – US, UK by Desyner: 3:19am On May 16, 2017
PYO is a good example.
Re: We Have Confidence In Osinbajo – US, UK by Nobody: 3:26am On May 16, 2017
Thank, but I am really still hoping it doesn't happen as predicted because we will be in big trouble if Buhari leaves the arena.
Olu20090:
I'm beginning to believe that GMBuhari of a guy. His predictions are lining up.
Re: We Have Confidence In Osinbajo – US, UK by GMBuhari: 7:53am On Jun 21, 2017
hMMMM, ok , noted
GenBuhari:
Thank, but I am really still hoping it doesn't happen as predicted because we will be in big trouble if Buhari leaves the arena.

I'm beginning to believe that gmbuhari of a guy. His predictions are lining up.
Re: We Have Confidence In Osinbajo – US, UK by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 21, 2017
GenBuhari pls come interpret this news for us, and also predict for us what's next
Re: We Have Confidence In Osinbajo – US, UK by orunto27: 11:13am On Jun 21, 2017
May God authorise and approve the UK and US Confidence in PYO and bless him with Foresight, Power and aspiration to succeed IJN AMEN.
Re: We Have Confidence In Osinbajo – US, UK by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 21, 2017
SOURCE?
Re: We Have Confidence In Osinbajo – US, UK by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 21, 2017
gbegemaster:
If Bubu resigns and Osibaba becomes the president, I don't see anything or anyone stopping him from winning 2019 elections. Except a better candidate.

Every Nigerian of voting age should get a voters card. Let's take 2019 seriously.

cunning Yoruba fool ... speak for yourself please.
Re: We Have Confidence In Osinbajo – US, UK by SalamRushdie: 12:55pm On Jun 21, 2017
I also have great confidence in Osinbanjo but I have zero confidence in General Buhari
Re: We Have Confidence In Osinbajo – US, UK by gbegemaster(m): 8:26pm On Jun 21, 2017
Decypher:
cunning Yoruba fool ... speak for yourself please.
I be Warri boy and I have received a ban for supporting Biafra for your information. Still, I am not a one track minded person and I believe that every other available option can be explored as long as the injustice and marginalization is brought to an end. If an election is conducted, Osinbajo will be my candidate of choice because he is very intelligent and he appears to have a conscience based on what he proposed at his last visit to Delta.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

More Photos From Kanu's Visit To Col. Joe Achuzie / Breaking News: Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology, LAUTECH Sold To FG / Jide Tinubu Suddenly Collapsed And Died - Family Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.