Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

Olugbo Of Ugbo Land Declares Himself The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olugbo Of Ugbo Land Declares Himself The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs (517 Views)

Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan: I Am The Leader Of All Obas In Yorubaland / Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect / "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olugbo Of Ugbo Land Declares Himself The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs by hornyofife: 9:52am On May 15, 2017
“I am the leader of all obas in Yoruba land. I speak with thunder in my mouth and I make bold to say so. No one is above me in Yoruba land in as much as it has been accepted that we are from Ife. I am the one that Oduduwa met at Ife.Anyone who wants real Yoruba blessing should approach me. I am the one bestowed with the power.” HIM Oba Dr F.E.O Akinruntan CON

- The Olugbo of Ugbo land, Oba Obateru Akinruntan, claims to be the most prominent and leader of all the traditional leaders in Yoruba land - The monarch also said he is the custodian of the authentic history of the Yoruba race - He made the declaration at an event in Ibadan, Oyo state The Olugbo of Ugbo land, Oba Obateru Akinruntan, has said he is the most prominent and leader of all the traditional leaders in Yoruba land According to The Punch, the monarch also said he is the custodian of the authentic history of the Yoruba race. NAIJ.com gathered that the revered monarch made the declaration at an event organised to mark the 30th anniversary of a popular radio presenter, Kola Olootu in Ibadan on Sunday, May 14.

Oba Akinruntan who is also the chairman, Yoruba Obas Conflicts Resolution Committee, said he had published a book on the true history of Yoruba race, which placed the Olugbo above all other monarchs in Yoruba land. According to him, he is on the verge of publishing the volume two of the book. The Olugbo said he was aware of some critics of his works and historical analysis, stressing that many of those who criticised his works were unhappy that the true position of their lineage was being put into proper place. His words: “I am the leader of all obas in Yoruba land. I speak with thunder in my mouth and I make bold to say so. No one is above me in Yoruba land in as much as it has been accepted that we are from Ife. I am the one that Oduduwa met at Ife. We are the husband of Moremi Ajasoro. “Anyone who wants real Yoruba blessing should approach me. I am the one bestowed with the power.” “People should face the truth. My account of the history of Yoruba race is the most accurate and authentic. I have published a book on it already. “Like I said, Oduduwa met my people in Ife. Don’t mind my critics who use Facebook to abuse me. The truth is that many of them are children of slaves. “They don’t want the true story of their fathers to be told. Slaves don’t want history to be told. I am bold because I am not a son of a slave. My book is there. Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, has accepted the book as the authentic history of the Yoruba race. I am about to publish another book on the same subject.”

https://www.naij.com/1104686-olugbo-ugbo-land-declares-leader-yoruba-monarchs.html
Re: Olugbo Of Ugbo Land Declares Himself The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs by cuedish: 9:56am On May 15, 2017
He is just seeking attention. ...
As akiolu don downgrade himself ....Every small small obas can say anything
Re: Olugbo Of Ugbo Land Declares Himself The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs by smellingmenses: 9:56am On May 15, 2017
Ok
Re: Olugbo Of Ugbo Land Declares Himself The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs by hornyofife: 9:57am On May 15, 2017
please my yoloba brothers, which one do we believe? i can see confusion of the highest order, especially this time when we want oduduwa nation

ooni said he is the leader, this one oba don carry come again...

and why do yoloba have three versions of their origin

i1) oduduwa falling from the sky

2) Migration from Egypt

3) From Benin.
Re: Olugbo Of Ugbo Land Declares Himself The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs by demolinka(m): 10:02am On May 15, 2017
hornyofife:
“I am the leader of all obas in Yoruba land. I speak with thunder in my mouth and I make bold to say so. No one is above me in Yoruba land in as much as it has been accepted that we are from Ife. I am the one that Oduduwa met at Ife.Anyone who wants real Yoruba blessing should approach me. I am the one bestowed with the power.” HIM Oba Dr F.E.O Akinruntan CON

Re: Olugbo Of Ugbo Land Declares Himself The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs by deedeedee1: 10:06am On May 15, 2017
It seems this man himself does not know yoruba people history. 150 years ago, we were not classified as one. The ijesha man was known as ijesha, same with oyo, ijebu, ondo, ekiti, igomina, awori e.t.c. Each one of this tribes had their own respective king ruling them. We were not known as yoruba then. As an ijesha man, i will only respect him for being an oba but i wont give him much respect like i give oba of ijesha. I dont understand why these ones fight for stupid superiority. He is called olugbo of ugbo land not olugbo of yorubaland. SMH!!!
Re: Olugbo Of Ugbo Land Declares Himself The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs by haykes(m): 8:34pm On May 15, 2017
Another Baale seeking attention when u catch fire now ur brain will set come and ask baale of lagoon

(1) (Reply)

Https://www.strongmuscleshop.com/hyprshred/ / After A Wedding In Narayi, Kaduna-south, North Central Nigeria / Culture And Excellence.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.