Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard (36279 Views)

Enugu Govt Approves Over N2.4 Billion For Roads, Schools, Other Projects / FEC Okays N310b For Roads Projects / Kano Commissions Automated Street Sweeper For Roads In The State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by jayriginal: 9:13pm On May 15, 2017
The concrete is locally sourced and has nothing to do with Dangote.
Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by originalKsp(m): 9:17pm On May 15, 2017
sholatech:

I dont think i criticized this in any way with my post. Kindly read again deeply. I am a strong proponent of Concrete Roads and i used it for driveway to my personal house two years ago. I simply alluded to the fact that its strategic for a kingmaker to use his prodigy to expand his business line. There is no crime in that, pls

I meant no insult boss, maybe I didnot get you right.
Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by royallord1(m): 9:25pm On May 15, 2017
erico2k2:

That equally can be laid o n top the concrete, this is how roads are constructed in tehewest, they all have concrete underneat
exactly my thoughts....
those concrete roads are very rough.... vibrates the whole car..
Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by lonelydora: 9:26pm On May 15, 2017
sholatech:
Strategically expected. Obaseki is Dangote's guy. Dangote is working towards making concrete roads popular. Of course, that will greatly catapult sales volume for Dangote cement

You rook it out of my mouth. Exactly
Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by muyibaba222(m): 9:28pm On May 15, 2017
kayzat:
I don't think or believe concrete road is really that durable at least based on the one lafarge constructed along old Abeokuta expressway.

The road become very bad again under 3 months and as we speak they are back to reconstruct the same portion.

That tells you Lafarge is either stingy or use substandard materials.
Concrete roads are used inside the various cement plants where trucks loaded with 30-45 tonnes of cement come out everyday, and last for years. Even filling stations use concrete floors that last beyond d 3 months you stated.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by jeftalene(m): 9:31pm On May 15, 2017
Talking about durable roads

Have any one heard about the red road technology;

Strong, stable and durable light-medium traffic community and estate roads constructed at budget-friendly rates

Read about it here> http://engineerosaz..com/2017/04/the-red-road-how-to-construct-estate.html
Contact the professional contractor that does it best on Call/Whatsapp: 08167394799

Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by xboyelyusuf(m): 9:36pm On May 15, 2017
PapaBrowne:
Obaseki would be the best Governor Nigeria has witnessed in a while.
Edo State is in for a good ride!!
Everything from roads, education, agriculture is getting a lift!

I don't care jack about APC, actually dislike them, but I must say that Ambode and Obaseki are the best governorship materials in Nigeria!
To make your statement more valid sir add Elrufai and Bindow of Adamawa state
Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 15, 2017
fussy6:
Congratulations to todays winners see ticket below

thief
Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by kayzat: 9:44pm On May 15, 2017
muyibaba222:

That tells you Lafarge is either stingy or use substandard materials.
Concrete roads are used inside the various cement plants where trucks loaded with 30-45 tonnes of cement come out everyday, and last for years. Even filling stations use concrete floors that last beyond d 3 months you stated.

Their substandard work on the road is just causing the road users more agony by creating diversions all the time.
Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 15, 2017
kayzat:
I don't think or believe concrete road is really that durable at least based on the one lafarge constructed along old Abeokuta expressway.

The road become very bad again under 3 months and as we speak they are back to reconstruct the same portion.
That was a bad work. Concrete road is very strong n durable my only problem wit it is that it's not even or smooth.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by konfused: 9:55pm On May 15, 2017
Praise singers......

If Obaseki is doing all these wonders, what exactly did the past governor do in terms of infrastructure for 8years.....

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by KBlinks01(m): 9:56pm On May 15, 2017
BankManager:
All this long write up with no single picture to back it up?? I was in Benin ciTy last week and I tell you, that man called OBASEKI has NOTHING to offer... The only thing he did was to DEMOLISH some parts of ring road again..
#smh for the people we call governors in Nigeria sha and how we so much celebrate mediocrity..
You are only a bloody liar, except you haven't gone through some major streets in Benin such as Wire road, Etete rather the newly commissioned Nevis Street, Avoid lies and story you don't know about, since his inception into office, He have never destroyed a single building

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by northvietnam(m): 9:57pm On May 15, 2017
fussy6:
Congratulations to todays winners see ticket below

why not invest ur 1m in ur bet and make money like Dangote...

You are the cheapest Scammer I have seen honestly ...

so fvcking Dum......B
Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by Charly68: 10:05pm On May 15, 2017
No pics only story,so how do we believe this one now ?
Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by Dzennifer(f): 10:08pm On May 15, 2017
Please. Without bias, Gov. Obaseki is doing great, especially stopping the tout collectors (lagos should learn) but this new development of buses coming from ekehuan road having to stop at mobil is just unfair from my standpoint. i know the good governor may have a vision but imagine pedestrians trekking from mobil to King's square. Please help those who do not have cars and can't afford cabs to come up with a new development. Infact, due to the "hiking", I have refused to go to ring-road since this by-force exercise started cry cry

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by paradigmshift(m): 10:10pm On May 15, 2017
obaseki another scam . concreting one lane for how many months? rubbish.
Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by Dzennifer(f): 10:11pm On May 15, 2017
BARELY anything, unless you count looting then using the repair of two major roads to cover it up. Then the hosting of Okpekpe race. undecided
konfused:
Praise singers......

If Obaseki is doing all these wonders, what exactly did the past governor do in terms of infrastructure...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by Dzennifer(f): 10:12pm On May 15, 2017
xboyelyusuf:

To make your statement more valid sir add Elrufai and Bindow of Adamawa state
Stop eet grin grin

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by gbishman: 10:16pm On May 15, 2017
That's what u get when u place an exposed and educated leader in power.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by seguno2: 10:30pm On May 15, 2017
Can Obaseki also use professional teachers in adequate numbers to open a new vista in education instead of using and abusing youth corpers every year, thereby creating unemployment and stealing money money meant to provide jobs and pay salaries for teachers?
OP, can you ask him instead of praising him senselessly?
Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 15, 2017
viktagorion:
Pastor Eze Iyamu would have done better. angry

By sharing the state monthly allocation amongst the cabal right?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by PapaBrowne(m): 10:41pm On May 15, 2017
royallord1:
unfortunately concrete road isnt smooth to ride on... the vibrations is very annoying... plus it takes longer to construct...
so we are practically exchanging smooth coal tar roads for supposedly long lasting concrete uneven roads... ps... who says coal tar aren't longlasting
i have seen coal tar roads dat have stood the test of time.. check ogbemudia roads built in the same benin... over 30 years still smooth and firm...
Those Ogbemudia roads are concrete oh! Pure concrete! Maybe they just laid asphalt on top the concrete! Those roads no dey get pothole even 40 years after construction!

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by Realhommie(m): 10:45pm On May 15, 2017
This coming from "Vanguardngr" , I'm impressed..
Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by PapaBrowne(m): 10:52pm On May 15, 2017
donbrowser:

That was how Aregbe started, later he complained of embarking on world class project that he can't finish due to financial incapability.

Anyways kudos to Obaseki.

Obaseki is a financial wizkid! Funnily he has barely spent money on all the projects he is executing!

Dangote is basically providing the cement for the concrete. Once it's proven that this can work, the plan is to use the huge deposits of limestone in Edo state to make cement for the construction of over 3000km of road within the next 4 years.

For the Agriculture program he just launched which opens up over 5000 hectares of land for interested farmers, the state does the land clearing with existing equipments, while a private sector entity, Saro Agrosciences provides the inputs and the individual farmers provide the labor.

He basically uses leverage to achieve a lot!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by PapaBrowne(m): 10:57pm On May 15, 2017
Dzennifer:
Please. Without bias, Gov. Obaseki is doing great, especially stopping the tout collectors (lagos should learn) but this new development of buses coming from ekehuan road having to stop at mobil is just unfair from my standpoint. i know the good governor may have a vision but imagine pedestrians trekking from mobil to King's square. Please help those who do not have cars and can't afford cabs to come up with a new development. Infact, due to the "hiking", I have refused to go to ring-road since this by-force exercise started cry cry

Hiking is good for your health!! It helps us loose excess fat and look great in return! Mobil to Ring road is not far like that naa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by Jesusloveyou: 10:59pm On May 15, 2017
RichYoungNigga:

Buhari is in the hospital

I don't know what he's suffering from but when i saw him today, i cried, i wouldn't wish my worst enemy that type of disease
and your worst enemy are your parents

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by enomakos(m): 10:59pm On May 15, 2017
Dzennifer:
you need the exercises my sis

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by obasidon1(m): 11:08pm On May 15, 2017
PapaBrowne:
Obaseki would be the best Governor Nigeria has witnessed in a while.
Edo State is in for a good ride!!
Everything from roads, education, agriculture is getting a lift!

I don't care jack about APC, actually dislike them, but I must say that Ambode and Obaseki are the best governorship materials in Nigeria!
If you think these are the best performing governors take a trip to Ebonyi State you will definitely think twice because what Gov. David Umahi has done within 22 months in office is massive.
Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by Jesusloveyou: 11:08pm On May 15, 2017
KBlinks01:
You are only a bloody liar, except you haven't gone through some major streets in Benin such as Wire road, Etete rather the newly commissioned Nevis Street, Avoid lies and story you don't know about, since his inception into office, He have never destroyed a single building
thank you for giving that Ipod guy a little sense,,
The guy was just passing from his ipod village to lagos

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard by obyrich(m): 12:26am On May 16, 2017
kayzat:

Maybe they did a shody job. The ones Okezie Ikpeazu did in Abia in 2015/2016 are still very intact.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Varsities: Buhari Returns To Vomit, Reverses Sack Of Varsity Boards / Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action / Calabar-lagos Rail: Don’t Resign, PDP Tells Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.