Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank (4087 Views)

KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / Diamond Bank 2014 Recruitment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank by Dullard(m): 8:42pm On Jan 28, 2007
undecided undecided undecided
Hi guys,

I know I shouldn't bore you with my wahala; but what are friendsfor?

I am in a dilemma choosing a careear in

A. Diamond Bank

B. KPMG professional Services

C. NNPC

All positions are entry level. Also I am a Mechanical Engineering graduate.

Which do you think I should go for?

Please if you have inside information on the career track and compensation packages of any of them, let's hear from you.

This is urgent Pleaeaeaease!!!!!!

Best Regards

Dullard
Re: Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank by ebubepaul(m): 10:31pm On Jan 28, 2007
For evry young man we want the sweetest job,but it may not always be so.The will of GOD is NO1.Wat am i saying.If u ve employment call 4om all the above,they're ok!Lift yr voice 2 GOD in fasting & praya and ask advice + praya 4om elders in church if u're a child of GOD and a born again christian & GOD will lead u through the best path in JESUS name,AMEN!
Re: Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank by Tonyblu(m): 9:09am On Jan 29, 2007
Dullard:

undecided undecided undecided
. . . I am in a dilemma choosing a career in:

A. Diamond Bank
B. KPMG professional Services
C. NNPC

. . . I am a Mechanical Engineering graduate.

They are all good offers, and I can appreciate your dilemma.
My question is:
Are u truly Engineering-oriented? If you have keen interest in staying in your trained professional line, the NNPC might be d one for u.

On the other hand, Bank jobs are d trend now, with the current economic policies favorable to banks, they are more in vogue.

Dont kno much abt KPMG.

The other question is how keen are you in career path growth, how quick and assured can u rise career-wise in these sectors?

And before u finally decide, you definitely hav to know & compare the pay-cheques of these establishments; wch I believe the are contained in the Letter of Offer of Employment.

Above all, pray to God for guidance.

Best of God's success.

Cheers.

Re: Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank by AfricaFace(f): 9:28am On Jan 29, 2007
Boy, you are good, to have employment letter from this three company's shows the rate of your intelligence,

I QUITE AGREE WITH TONYBLU, BUT I WANT TO ADVICE YOU FURTHER,
1. iF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED IN FUTHERING YOUR CAREER IN MECH eNG, I WILL PREFER NNPC FOR YOU, BUT AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO NNPC , TAKE SOME PROFESSIONAL COURSES AND CERTFIFCATIONS LIKE ENGINEERING PROFECT MANAGEMENT, DEVELOPE YOURSELF FURTHER , MAKE THAT PLACE UNCOMFORTABLE FOR YOURSELF AND FIND YOUR WAY OUT TO CHEVRON /SHELL/LNG/MOBIL, NNPC IS POLITICAL AND THE CAN THROW YOU OUT ANY MOMENT, BE GUIDED

2. IF YOU ARE TIRED OF SEEING ALL THOSE MACHINES AS AN ENGINEER, I WILL ADVISE YOU GO TO KPMG, A GOOD PLACE TO START A CAREER, A GOOD PLACE TO GET EXPOSED AND DEVELOPE, BUT THEN YOU ARE LEFT WITH CAREER DEVELOPEMNT IN AUDITING, TAXATION AND CONSULTING, ARE YOU READY TO WRITE ICAN EXAMS AND GET CHAERTERED IN TWO YRS , THIS IS THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN ACTUALLY GROW FAST, I HAVE A FRIEND WHO STUDIED EEE IN UI, HE TOOK UP CAREER WITH KPMG, HE DROPPED EVERYTHING ABOUT ENGINEERING , HE IS CURRENTLY WORKING IN THEir UK OFFICE, THEY WILL EXPOSE YOU TO THE LAST , I ALso HAVE A FRIEND WHO WORKED WITH THEM FOR THREE YRS ,,, BUT NOW IN ONE OF THE OIL COMPANIES, SHE MADE HER CONTACT WHEN THEy WENT FOR AUDIT PRACTICE IN THE COMPANY, IT'S A GOOD PLACE, pay is not as good as bank and nnpc

3, BOY PLEASE FOR GOD DAMN SAKE , DON'T GO CLOSE TO THE BANK, BANK USE TO BE LAST OPTION FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU, YOUR GROWTH IN THE BANK DEPENDS ON THE AMOUNT OF CASH YOU CAN TALK CUSTOMERS INTO BRINGING TO THE BANK, CAN YOU GROW YOUR CABAL TO 300M IN 6 MONTHS , CAN YOU MAINTAIN THE TREND?? DO YOU WANT TO SPEND 7HRS DAILY IN THE HOT SUN LOOKING FOR DEPOSITS, OR do u want to morgatge your life as an operation staff and afford to sit down in the office for 10 hrs a day, ? , If you are a lazy type that doesn't mind doing a routine job for 5yrs, just debiting and crediting people's account, no developement of career, i think Bnking would be good, Gone are the days when guys use to do some deals with forex to make extra money for their pocket, CBN is out on it, ,,,,

I have adviced you, the final decision is for you to make, go ahead and choose for yourself.
Re: Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 29, 2007
That was a good one by AfricaFace. You should be able to make up your mind by now.

In my opinion, I think it will do you a lot more to work for KPMG. It gives you an opportunity to plan and build your career. Its more difficult in the bank-its fast-paced and nobody really cares about your career, ONLY bttonline counts to them. I used to be a banker myself.

Build yourself up and sometimes down the line, you can switch to another industry- oil or banking but in a management capacity.

Yours is a problem of choice. A good problem!
Re: Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank by Dullard(m): 12:06pm On Jan 29, 2007
Thank you guys.

You're wonderful!
Re: Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 29, 2007
hi i must really congratulate you,its not an easy feat getting those three at a go but then you are an Engineer by training,unless u dont want to practice or carve your niche in engineering then u go for the diamond bank offer but then i will advice u to pick NNPC if you are career oriented. I am a polymer Engineer by training and blive me,i will not hesitate to pick NNPC as a career starting point. As for KPMG, well dont really know the scope of their coverage. In all things they say give thanks to God and seek His guidance cos He knows best. Take care and congrats once more,
Re: Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank by ArseQPR(m): 3:50pm On Jan 29, 2007
Hey in your mind you know where to go but if I were you,

1. Diamond Bank: Working in a bank is goodfor some people but to me it is crap. It is like the last place for work. U'll need to do alot for shite money. DON'T GO THERE!

2. KPMG: This is a good coy with international reputation and links. Prospects here ar endless for u especially if you have the right qualification for promotion. You'll need alot of training and studies to change from Mech Eng to either Econmics, Accounts, Auditing and shite like that.

3. Very good coy with prospects. Getting a job here is like a medical doctor getting a job with LUTH. This is what you are trained for. You know the terms and words used in the system. I think this wll be good for you.

Do no think about the money now but rather focus on how to build a career inyour chosen field.

GO TO NNPC dude!!! and enjoy working in Niger Delta grin
Re: Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank by Tonyblu(m): 4:04pm On Jan 29, 2007
grin

Heavy on NNPC.
Re: Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank by Dullard(m): 7:02pm On Jan 30, 2007
Guys,
consider also the easiest one to leave as there are prospects of landing better oil coy job soon.
Re: Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank by Tonyblu(m): 8:14am On Jan 31, 2007
@Dullard:

That and the rest is upto you.

Re: Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank by UgoSmart(m): 6:10pm On Jan 31, 2007
Hi Dullard,

KPMG, U get money(130K per mnth) but you only take half of it.
The rest is a kind of saved for you for assets acquisition. You feel like a big boy; talk to Ministers and Governors, Work overnight and brouse oversee scholarships24/7. You develop effective researching and management skills and get promoted every year.

NNPC, with luck, you enter into a unit with a lot of runs. Without it, you get about 80K monthly and like 800K allowance by the end of the year. you are nobody anyway but you develop you engr career. and get promoted every 2years.

Diamond bank, forget engineering and learn to cut cheques. you get like 110K a month and other allowees. youwork 7am - 9pm 7days a week. you get promoted like in two years.

THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURTH

Big Dully.
Re: Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank by 22guns(m): 3:22pm On Feb 01, 2007
my guy,
if u trully have these jobs, go for NNPC.u will enjoy it there.beside there is job security and no targets per se like in the banks. all u need is to learn and grow on the job because NNPC must surely send u for training along the line.
Re: Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank by nadico(m): 4:11pm On Feb 01, 2007
guy that was very juicy of you to land those three hot jobs in one fell swoop.im a geologist ,like almost in the same line with you.first of all think of your career.i believe it makes no sense at all solving all those calculations for five years and just dropping like that.mind you ninety percent of those science minded guys that ends up in banking just have no choice,cos man must wack.Remenber the bank and the accounting might pay better but i sincerely believe you would have job satisfaction in nnpc.good luck sha as u make ur choice.remenber to tell us the one u later choose
Re: Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank by uchetobi(f): 4:34pm On Feb 01, 2007
who is informing u dat banks pay more dan KPMG Hw many banks have entry level at 2M plus Abeg my own views are as follows; rule the bank out, no career development! If you want to practice in your line of study go to NNPC. If not am all for KPMG: pay is good, good working environment, u can go to consulting , Business advisory( u wont have to do ican at all except of course u have interest in accounting then u can go to audit or tax; KPMG on your CV will put you into any door in future…just incase you feel like you are up to a change, that aside you gain on the job experience working on exciting projects and developing yourself….
Re: Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank by izinbizi(m): 8:48pm On Feb 03, 2007
If you are an engineer
- DONT BE STUPID
Other options are remote compared to NNPC.
I tell you in confidence
- DONT THINK TWICE.
Re: Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank by yemikelvin: 10:05pm On Feb 03, 2007
Dullard i am happy for you. I actually was at the verge of getting the kpmg job, but i was ruled out at the third interview. Kpmg is a good place i can assure you, with enough career development. i am also a mechanical engineer and i believe our field is the bomb. but the choice is really yours God helping you.
Re: Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank by longmankaz(m): 5:02pm On Feb 07, 2007
[s][/s]
Hey, Dullard!

Congrats on your offers.
Since you applied for these non-engineering positions, I suppose you are open to a radical career switch; in which case, I would recommend KPMG.

Come on man, you went for the KPMG interviews and saw the staff - it's a place with vibe, the people there are driven, thorughly professional, well respected, and are only headed one way - UP.

NNPC is rather too govt type, elevation is not necessarily based on merit, and from stories we hear, its corruption level is almost at par with the police. Would have been a decent choice sha, if these others were not there.

As for Diamond Bank, I think that is a no-no for you. They'll suck you dry.

That's my two cents.
Re: Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank by Tonyblu(m): 9:09am On Feb 08, 2007
Dullard:

Thank you guys.

You're wonderful!

@Dullard:
Hope u aint here, still contemplating & undecided. I hope u know those offers wont stay OPEN forever.

Better get off ur seat, and grab d one u r interested in fast, bcx some (if not most) HR execs consider silence or NON-RESPONSE from a candidate as a decline.

Act fast,
Act wise.

Goo-luck.
Re: Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank by kennykay(m): 10:02am On Feb 08, 2007
The three offers are okay if you are more interested in money than in pursuing a career in Engineering. Again, pay package for the three offers are almost the same, so this is a matter of career interest. I will advise you settle for NNPC, they are doing re-structuring, laying off tired hands, and injecting new bloods. This is to say no more idle time like before because of large workforce. Again, there is 90% possibility that the department/subsidiary you will be posted to will be in line with your field. As a Mechanical Engineer, NETCO[Nigerian Technical Company] is a fertile ground to learn. They handle all Oil & Gas related Engineering designs and you work hand in hand with their joint venture partners. Also NPDC[Nigerian Production Development Company] is also nice for you. They are into oil and gas exploration. They are managing the marginal oil fields that the big players released to them, in this subsidiary you work on the rig and its pepper. Finally, l strongly believe there is a place to be per time, by this l mean there is a particular place God wants you to occupy per time. He knows what is best for you, He is the only one that knows the best the three different places can offer you. I will advise you talk to Him about it.
Re: Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank by yinka2me: 11:54am On Feb 08, 2007
I envy dullard o. e go soon be my turn sha
Re: Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank by Nikegenius(f): 2:43pm On Feb 08, 2007
I have a friend that currently works in KPMG but will be leaving for NNPC by the end of da month. His reason is because he is an engineer and he believes he wont get tired of it. KPMG has registered him for ICAN already but he is not planning to be an accountant.

My advice is

If you prefer accounting to your current profession, pick KPMG cos the other depts that is not related to accounting hardly has vacancies

If you want to remain an engineer, pls pick NNPC. Personally, i feel NNPC is better. Who says you cant add more value to yourself here? You even have time to study but you wont get that in KPMG.
Re: Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank by uchetobi(f): 9:20am On Feb 09, 2007
who says you wont have time to study at KPMG. you will be entitled to leave.
Re: Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank by UgoSmart(m): 7:11pm On Feb 12, 2007
Guy tell us what you ve decided
Re: Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank by uchetobi(f): 9:05am On Feb 13, 2007
Yeah pls do tell us what you decided and how you are finding the place sad
Re: Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank by Tonyblu(m): 9:15am On Feb 13, 2007
angry
I am suspecting . . .

angry
Re: Kpmg Vs Nnpc Vs Diamond Bank by Nnamzo(m): 9:28am On Feb 13, 2007
NNPC bro. meanwhile, CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSS.

(1) (Reply)

ISING Program Graduate Intern Needed At Mercy Corps Nigeria / Scoa Nigeria Plc Lagos / African Union Youth Volunteer Corps 2018/19 Applications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.