Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Speeding Accounts For 60% Of Road Crashes In Nigeria - FRSC - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Speeding Accounts For 60% Of Road Crashes In Nigeria - FRSC (4774 Views)

Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana / Money-Laden Bullion Van Crashes In Abuja While Speeding / Driving With Hands-free Illegal In Nigeria — FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speeding Accounts For 60% Of Road Crashes In Nigeria - FRSC by kpaofame: 3:54pm On May 15, 2017
sarutobie:

False, Paul walker died on a road as smooth as a baby's butt...princess Diana died on a well paved and smooth road...they died because of SPEED.

oga undecided

Those people you mentioned died in Nigeria or where??... How do their death affect records in Nigeria
Re: Speeding Accounts For 60% Of Road Crashes In Nigeria - FRSC by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 15, 2017
I agree with them a bit.
Most of the accidents I have seen were caused by speed.

Nigeria has bad roads, we're used to that already. What we aren't used to _ is how not to speed on these bad roads.
If you're not speeding on a bad or good road, you'll be prepared for every unforeseen pothole or danger. It's not the same with when you're speeding.

Abuja has wonderful roads, with lots of accidents.
If you take PMT to the roads in US, they'll still have accident _speed!

3 Likes

Re: Speeding Accounts For 60% Of Road Crashes In Nigeria - FRSC by mencer(m): 4:19pm On May 15, 2017
just to justify speed limiter business

the FG should fix the bad roads and build new ones
Re: Speeding Accounts For 60% Of Road Crashes In Nigeria - FRSC by openmine(m): 4:28pm On May 15, 2017
I agree....esp greedy drivers who to do multiple trips all because of money to the detriment of passengers!

1 Like

Re: Speeding Accounts For 60% Of Road Crashes In Nigeria - FRSC by Dekmankind(m): 4:58pm On May 15, 2017
I think someone with reasonable comments should be commended. Sentiments aside: how do you relate inertia mass or law of inertia to safe manoeuvring when moving at high speed? I think we have good Physicists in the house. We like it or not, overspending is a major factor in road traffic accidents in our dear country, Nigeria

PaperLace:
I agree with them a bit.
Most of the accidents I have seen were caused by speed.

Nigeria has bad roads, we're used to that already. What we aren't used to _ is how not to speed on these bad roads.
If you're not speeding on a bad or good road, you'll be prepared for every unforeseen pothole or danger. It's not the same with when you're speeding.

Abuja has wonderful roads, with lots of accidents.
If you take PMT to the roads in US, they'll still have accident _speed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Speeding Accounts For 60% Of Road Crashes In Nigeria - FRSC by mmsen: 5:18pm On May 15, 2017
Enyimbamercedes:
So therefore that's the justification for enforcing speed limiters. Let's take care of the 40% first which includes bad roads, unlicensed drivers, poorly maintained vehicles, dangote trucks, fuel tankers, insufficient road marshals on the highways, illegal roadblocks. Tackle these before you enforce speed limiting devices.

Unlicensed drivers alone is probably 40% the issue.

1 Like

Re: Speeding Accounts For 60% Of Road Crashes In Nigeria - FRSC by Zeek21(m): 6:54pm On May 15, 2017
These guys just want to make money from this their stupid policy of speed limit device. With all the challenges in this nation at the moment that nonsense is out of space.
Re: Speeding Accounts For 60% Of Road Crashes In Nigeria - FRSC by ollyruffy: 7:16pm On May 15, 2017
This is sad that even FRSC is just existing to waste tax payer's money. They don't even know causes of accidents on Nigerian roads.

This agency needs to be scrapped.
Re: Speeding Accounts For 60% Of Road Crashes In Nigeria - FRSC by sarutobie(m): 7:56pm On May 15, 2017
kpaofame:

oga undecided

Those people you mentioned died in Nigeria or where??... How do their death affect records in Nigeria
I want to burst the bubble of 'bad roads equal accidents'...if those people I mentioned could die even on a smooth and standard road then it shows that speed is indeed the number one cause of accidents everywhere and Nigeria is not an exception.

1 Like

Re: Speeding Accounts For 60% Of Road Crashes In Nigeria - FRSC by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 15, 2017
How do you even speed on nigerian roads self?

Road wey be say, by the time you reach 100km/h you don jam one giant pothole wey look like borehole or police check point, you have to reduce your speed.

Oyeyemi don get kickback from companies that makes speed limiters, now wants to sholve it down our throat.
Re: Speeding Accounts For 60% Of Road Crashes In Nigeria - FRSC by Denko2721987(m): 11:39pm On May 15, 2017
Before i comment my reserve, HOW MUCH IS THIS SO CALLED SPEED LIMITING DEVICE undecided undecided Make i know where all these tory they lead to cos if u follow the money trail, u would know the truth.... grin grin
Re: Speeding Accounts For 60% Of Road Crashes In Nigeria - FRSC by cbravo2: 7:39am On May 26, 2017
Re: Speeding Accounts For 60% Of Road Crashes In Nigeria - FRSC by Nobody: 7:48am On May 26, 2017
Justuceleague2:
Bad roads in my opinion and stupid checkpoints

Cruising at 190 on a relatively good road is safe if you won't meet potholes or have to dodge them

100 into a corner is safe except when police have mounted their begging and harassing roadblocks around the corner

Rumor has it that police killed Dagrin , he swerved under that truck because police blocked the road and he wasn't expecting see them there

1 out of thousands of other rumors

Professionals have told you what the main cause of accident is and you are writing "in my opinion, rumor has it that" Are you an authority on this issue??

This is why it's hard for us to learn
Re: Speeding Accounts For 60% Of Road Crashes In Nigeria - FRSC by Justuceleague2: 9:41am On May 26, 2017
Pidgin2:

Professionals have told you what the main cause of accident is and you are writing "in my opinion, rumor has it that" Are you an authority on this issue??

This is why it's hard for us to learn

Lol and you would speak up against police far back as when Dagrin died even if you witnessed it? Try and be realistic

Bad roads and stupid checkpoints is the major cause of accidents
Re: Speeding Accounts For 60% Of Road Crashes In Nigeria - FRSC by Justuceleague2: 9:45am On May 26, 2017
sarutobie:

False, Paul walker died on a road as smooth as a baby's butt...princess Diana died on a well paved and smooth road...they died because of SPEED.

Falser Diana was assassinated

Walker lost control of his car, freaky of all freak accidents

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pics From The Accident Scene Where Anambra Security Chief, Kenneth Okonkwo Died / Ghana Airports Versus Nigeria Airports - Pictures / With N3.5b, Nasarawa Plans To Turn Farin Ruwa Waterfalls To Tourism Nest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.