Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,230 members, 7,807,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC (16487 Views)

Where The Phrase The Car Is Just "Turninoninown" Came From! / What Car Is The Most Popular For Women In Nigeria? / The 2017 Mazda Vision Car Is The Most Beautiful Sedan You've Ever Seen (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by AutoReportNG: 2:34pm On May 15, 2017
''An automobile can start to burn because of so many things such as from electrical sparks, faulty wiring, overheating etc

1. In most cases the fire usually starts from the engine compartment
2. As soon as an automobile fire is discovered, switch off and safely discharge the passengers.
3. Reach out for your fire extinguisher, open the bonnet gently and discharge fire extinguisher directed to the base of the fire
4. The battery terminals may be disconnected to avoid more sparks

A jet of water may be necessary for passenger compartment fire. Also, the cooling of the tank with water spray may be necessary to prevent busting. All moving vehicles should be stopped and made to switch off the engine

* All vehicles should park within reasonable distance from the leaking tanker

* Allow only vehicles with spark arrestor fixed to their exhaust pipe to move across

* Discourage/stop everybody within the vicinity from smoking Contact fire Brigade as soon as possible

* Apply foam object spray or sand to dissolve the already leaded fuel. Improvise and stop the leaking.

* If the petrol tanker is on fire, clear people from the vicinity and call fire Brigade. Don't fire the fire leave it for the experts''.

Classes of fire

For easy identification and extinction purpose, fire is classified into four categories and they are

Class A
Fire involving free burning materials like wood, paper, textiles, etc WATER is the best extinguisher agent in form object or spray.

Class B
Fire involving flammable substances like petrol, paint grease, etc, fall under class B fire, Fire under this category could best be extinguished with LIQUID FOAM extinguisher.

Dry chemical powder, Carbon oxide extinguisher, and dry sand are also good materials that can put off class B fire.

Class C
Fire involving combustible gases or liquefied petroleum like propane, Butane, etc. They can best be extinguished with Dry chemical powder and Carbon Dioxide fire extinguishers; water in spray form could be used to cool down the cylinder

Class D
Fire involving metals, e.g Potassium, Aluminum, Magnesium, Zink, etc. They can best be extinguished with Dry Chemical Powder fire extinguisher or Dry sand.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/05/tips-when-your-car-is-on-fire-frsc.html

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

5 Likes

Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by AutoReportNG: 2:35pm On May 15, 2017
When your car is on fire, many things crossed your mind within 60 sec..

Read more...

Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 15, 2017
cheesy
Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by Alitair(m): 3:00pm On May 15, 2017
ok o
Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 15, 2017
3. Reach out for your fire extinguisher, open the bonnet gently and discharge fire extinguisher directed to the base of the fire
Are you sure you want me to do this? grin

9 Likes

Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by AutoReportNG: 4:51pm On May 15, 2017
PaperLace:

Yes na, whats there that you cant do? LOL... Just be an ultra woman..

1 Like

Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 15, 2017
AutoReportNG:

Yes na, whats there that you cant do? LOL... Just be an ultra woman..
I am still undecided on which scares me most: fire, electricity or lion? grin

I was told that, though opening the hood seems like the ideal thing to do, it could also be dangerous. It can make air rush in there, this would in turn increase the intensity of the fire. If na smoke or small fire, I fit attempt am _but you see that type in the attached picture?? Hmmm!

How do I locate the base of the fire? Should I enter under the car? angry

6 Likes

Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by AutoReportNG: 7:20pm On May 15, 2017
PaperLace:

I am still undecided on which scares me most: fire, electricity or lion? grin

I was told that, though opening the hood seems like the ideal thing to do, it could also be dangerous. It can make air rush in there, this would in turn increase the intensity of the fire. If na smoke or small fire, I fit attempt am _but you see that type in the attached picture?? Hmmm!

How do I locate the base of the fire? Should I enter under the car? angry

Your crush Nurey can help you out na... He is only a call away
Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by nurey(m): 7:37pm On May 15, 2017
AutoReportNG:

Your crush Nurey can help you out na... He is only a call away

Really. Crush nikokor o like tandigoranda grin

Fortunately for her the brand new Lexus LS600H L is fire proof and no other car comes close. grin

@paperlace you use SoaCahToa to locate the base of the fire grin

3 Likes

Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by Nobody: 9:22pm On May 15, 2017
nurey:

Really. Crush nikokor o like tandigoranda grin

Fortunately for her the brand new Lexus LS600H L is fire proof and no other car comes close. grin

@paperlace you use SoaCahToa to locate the base of the fire grin
No mind Autoreport, tandigoranda good_you no go like be my Limca abi Parle soda?

This is exactly how you ended up with D7 that year. Sine = Opposite ÷ hippopotamus wink. Lexus LS600H L indeed

1 Like

Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by nurey(m): 10:08am On May 16, 2017
PaperLace:

No mind Autoreport, tandigoranda good_you no go like be my Limca abi Parle soda?

This is exactly how you ended up with D7 that year. Sine = Opposite ÷ hippopotamus wink. Lexus LS600H L indeed

Haba so nah you mark my script that year, i don dey find you, its time to treat your 4kup grin

1 Like

Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by winzy(m): 7:09pm On May 16, 2017
I smell front page!
Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by erico2k2(m): 8:07pm On May 16, 2017
AutoReportNG:
''An automobile can start to burn because of so many things such as from electrical sparks, faulty wiring, overheating etc

2. As soon as an automobile fire is discovered, switch off and safely discharge the passengers.

A jet of water may be necessary for passenger compartment fire. Also, the cooling of the tank with water spray may be necessary to prevent busting. All moving vehicles should be stopped and made to switch off the engine

* Allow only vehicles with spark arrestor fixed to their exhaust pipe to move across

* Discourage/stop everybody within the vicinity from smoking Contact fire Brigade as soon as possible

* Apply foam object spray or sand to dissolve the already leaded fuel. Improvise and stop the leaking.

* If the petrol tanker is on fire, clear people from the vicinity and call fire Brigade. Don't fire the fire leave it for the experts''.

Classes of fire

For easy identification and extinction purpose, fire is classified into four categories and they are

Class A
Fire involving free burning materials like wood, paper, textiles, etc WATER is the best extinguisher agent in form object or spray.

Class B
Fire involving flammable substances like petrol, paint grease, etc, fall under class B fire, Fire under this category could best be extinguished with LIQUID FOAM extinguisher.

Dry chemical powder, Carbon oxide extinguisher, and dry sand are also good materials that can put off class B fire.

Class C
Fire involving combustible gases or liquefied petroleum like propane, Butane, etc. They can best be extinguished with Dry chemical powder and Carbon Dioxide fire extinguishers; water in spray form could be used to cool down the cylinder

Class D
Fire involving metals, e.g Potassium, Aluminum, Magnesium, Zink, etc. They can best be extinguished with Dry Chemical Powder fire extinguisher or Dry sand.

Source:

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
The best thing to do is Run far, cos life has no duplicate.

1 Like

Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by lonelydora: 7:02am On May 17, 2017
Nigerians way of putting out fire in a burning car

1. Shout 'Blood of Jesus' endlessly

2. Run out of car and continue raising alarm and calling people.

3. If it is in Lagos, look for a sewage truck and use the shit water to pour al over the vehicle.

2 Likes

Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by Techpaded(f): 7:03am On May 17, 2017
useful info
Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by Goldenheart(m): 7:10am On May 17, 2017
cool
Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:11am On May 17, 2017
Our cars are covered with the blood of Jesus Christ

2 Likes

Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by hoover420: 7:16am On May 17, 2017
Quick question.. Does Keke napep have reverse?
Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by Nobody: 7:19am On May 17, 2017
angry

Here is an easy solution, just jump out of the car once you direct it to crash into the lagoon, river or soak away. Trust me the damage will be vert minimal
Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by Suko110(m): 7:21am On May 17, 2017
If car is on fire my guy nah only God get power den ......
Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by maxiuc(m): 7:24am On May 17, 2017
Imagine the pain seeing the car you left home with getting burnt

May this not be our portion in Jesus name

And nairalanders will say very big Amen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 7:30am On May 17, 2017
AutoReportNG:

Classes of fire

Class A

Class B

Class C

Class D

Source:

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

These pipo sef, where's the option for in case if you don't have fire extinguisher?
Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by lozanni(m): 7:35am On May 17, 2017
PaperLace:

Bad guy grin grin grin

Sorry, you are a lady. I thought it was a guy trying to be naughty.
Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by Damidave1124(m): 7:39am On May 17, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by Nobody: 7:51am On May 17, 2017
okay

What am I doing here self,I no get car yet.
Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by afamaustin(m): 7:56am On May 17, 2017
AutoReportNG:
When your car is on fire, many things crossed your mind within 60 sec..

Lalasticlala, Seun
HV u experienced it
Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by EmmaLege: 8:17am On May 17, 2017
wow cheesy
Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by Kaybaba5(m): 8:47am On May 17, 2017
provided you are not confused when it happens, and witches and wizard of your village are not control of your vehicle....................

1 Like

Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by cybriz82(m): 9:22am On May 17, 2017
Madness who get time to sitdown n tink of all dis? Safety first when there is life there is hope.
Re: Tips When Your Car Is On Fire - FRSC by Day169: 9:49am On May 17, 2017
..has anyone seen the "Once in a lifetime" video of how a burning car was put out with sludge from a septic truck in Lagos recently?
It's just mind blowing ( I call it "how not to put out fire in a burning car ).

(1) (2) (Reply)

PAN Nigeria Unveils 301-wildfire Car / 1.3 Million Ford F-150 Recalled Due To Doors That May Open On Motion / Effect Of Bad Shock Absorbers On Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.