Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,983 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia (3365 Views)

Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana / Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 15, 2017
I'm Ethiopian from Ethiopia and I recently had a road trip in my country. smiley

I haven't visited the UNESCO heritage sites, but the trip had been one of the best moments of my life. I re-visited North Shewa and also visited Wollo, Wag and southeast Tigray for the first time.

North Shewa, central Ethiopia

It's a beautiful plateau area and some parts of place is very cold.

4 Likes

Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by eezeribe(m): 3:59pm On May 15, 2017
OK
Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 15, 2017
How come all your threads are about Ethiopia, are you working for your government tourism board? Carry go
Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by Nobody: 11:55am On May 17, 2017
Wollo, northern Ethiopia

This place is the most mountainous area of the country. It's green, beautiful and I fall in love with it.

Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 17, 2017
Southeast Tigray, northern Ethiopia

It's a very beautiful scene.

Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 17, 2017
Wag, northern Ethiopia

Beautiful place, made lots of friends and I had the time of my life as a result.

1 Like

Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 17, 2017
Pidgin2:
How come all your threads are about Ethiopia, are you working for your government tourism board? Carry go
Lol grin

1 Like

Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by good4all40: 11:41am On May 18, 2017
Beautiful

1 Like

Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by chukxie(m): 12:08pm On May 18, 2017
Beautiful !

2 Likes

Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 18, 2017
good4all40:
Beautiful
smiley
Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 18, 2017
chukxie:
Beautiful !
smiley
Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by fanficgirl(f): 11:48pm On May 27, 2017
Pidgin2:
angry he can't post about his own country?
Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by fanficgirl(f): 11:48pm On May 27, 2017
Hati13:
3. South east Tigray, Tigray

Most parts of the zone are cold and very fertile.
How cold what temperature
Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by Nobody: 7:24am On May 28, 2017
fanficgirl:

How cold what temperature
I went there this month and the temperature I guess was about 18-20 degree centigrade on that morning. Northern and central Ethiopia is rainy throughout the months of June, July and August. Very cold and medium rain in September, October and November. Hot(about 28-32 degree centigrade) and dry in December, January and February. Medium rain and good temperature(25 degrees centigrade) in March, April and May.

Debre Brehan and Debre Sina, both are found in north Shewa and Wollo respectively are very cold places. My father was from Debre Brehan.
Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by fanficgirl(f): 7:42am On May 28, 2017
Hati13:

I went there this month and the temperature I guess was about 18-20 degree centigrade on that morning. Northern and central Ethiopia is rainy throughout the months of June, July and August. Very cold and medium rain in September, October and November. Hot(about 28-32 degree centigrade) and dry in December, January and February. Medium rain and good temperature(25 degrees centigrade) in March, April and May.

Debre Brehan and Debre Sina, north Shewa(Amhara region) are very cold places. My father was from Debre Brehan.
That sounds like perfect temperature to me grin

1 Like

Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 28, 2017
fanficgirl:

That sounds like perfect temperature to me grin
Yeah, if I ask, are you the picture in your profile picture? If so, I want you to know that you are the cutest person in the world. wink cool
Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:57pm On May 28, 2017
Sorry to say, but u should write in a way as to make us wish to visit these places.... Not write as if u were asked to summarise in a WAEC examination.

Thanks

Nice pics though... Especially d green places

3 Likes

Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 28, 2017
Yampotatocarrot:
Sorry to say, but u should write in a way as to make us wish to visit these places.... Not write as if u were asked to summarise in a WAEC examination.

Thanks

When I tried to write in an exciting way with tons of pictures, anti-spam banned me. If I try again, then I will face the same outcome. undecided
Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 28, 2017
Yampotatocarrot:

Thanks

Read my topic "visit Ethiopia". You may find it interesting.
https://www.nairaland.com/3756319/visit-ethiopia
Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by fanficgirl(f): 4:42pm On May 28, 2017
Hati13:

Yeah, if I ask, are you the picture in your profile picture? If so, I want you to know that you are the cutest person in the world. wink cool
Lol yes I am. Exaggeration, but thank you!

1 Like

Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by fanficgirl(f): 4:47pm On May 28, 2017
Yampotatocarrot:

Thanks

grin grin. Nigerians and their mouth. Who u help? Nothing wrong with the way they wrote
Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 28, 2017
fanficgirl:

Lol yes I am. Exaggeration, but thank you!
I'm not exaggerating sis! smiley
Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by fanficgirl(f): 5:03pm On May 28, 2017
Hati13:

I'm not exaggerating sis! smiley
Wow, thank you what a nice compliment! And Happy sunday!

1 Like

Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 28, 2017
fanficgirl:

Wow, thank you what a nice compliment! And Happy sunday!
Same to you too.
Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by slendxy: 8:00pm On May 28, 2017
OP, do you mean you travelled on road from Nigeria? Is that not stressful?
Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 28, 2017
slendxy:
OP, do you mean you travelled on road from Nigeria? Is that not stressful?
No, I traveled from Addis Abeba (capital city of Ethiopia).
Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:58pm On May 29, 2017
fanficgirl:

grin grin. Nigerians and their mouth. Who u help? Nothing wrong with the way they wrote

Didn't mean to sound rude.
Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:01pm On May 29, 2017
Hati13:

When I tried to write in an exciting way with tons of pictures, anti-spam banned me. If I try again, then I will face the same outcome. undecided

Thunder fire *anti-sperm*. Try breaking t into different posts, d way explorer does his own. Check out his threads, ull c what I mean.

Nice work, tell us about d food in Ethiopia please

1 Like

Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 29, 2017
Yampotatocarrot:

Thunder fire *anti-sperm*. Try breaking t into different posts, d way explorer does his own. Check out his threads, ull c what I mean.

Nice work, tell us about d food in Ethiopia please
There are very diverse dishes, but the most popular is Injera with different Wets (stews). The well known Wets are Doro Wet (Chicken Stew), Sega Wet, Shiro, Gomen and Keke. Most of the Wets are advisable for vegetarians. There are also favorite dishes Tibs, Kitfo, Chechebesa and raw meat (trust me it's delicious).

Pics
- Doro Wet
- Kitfo
- Shekela Tibs
- Raw meat respectively.

Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by YOUNGKAHUNA: 7:37pm On May 29, 2017
Raw meat?? I.e uncooked meat? And is it beef or what?
Re: My Road Trip To Central And Northern Ethiopia by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 29, 2017
YOUNGKAHUNA:
Raw meat?? I.e uncooked meat? And is it beef or what?
Yes, raw meat. It's beef(Ox, Sheep and Goat). It's eaten with Mitmita(a special kind Spice) or with Awaze(special kind of Mitmita). Trust me it's delicious.

Kitfo meat can be eaten as raw or lightly cooked.

(1) (2) (Reply)

English Test: Duolingo Now Accepted? / Nigerians in conch republic and slovenia / The New Prospects For US Foreign Students - The New Truth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.