Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,757 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism (21191 Views)

Dogara On Anti-graft War: We Are Dealing With Leaves And Fruits But Not Root (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by dre11(m): 4:34pm On May 15, 2017
By Fredrick Nwabufo

Senate President Bukola Saraki says the reason why the current fight against corruption has not “yielded much success” is because it is rippled with sensationalism.

Speaking in Abuja at the launch of ‘Antidotes for Corruption: The Nigerian Story’, a book written by Dino Melaye, a senator from Kogi west, the senate president advised that fight against corruption be focused on deterrence and not punishment.

He said the current government was making effort in forcing back the menace.

“I am convinced that why our fight against corruption has not yielded much success is that we have favoured punishment over deterence,” he said.

”We must review our approaches by building our institutions to make it difficult for people to carry out corrupt practices.

“It is my view that the key area of prevention, we must work on, is to make it difficult for stolen money to find a home.

“We must fight corruption with sincerity, and not fight symptoms… unlike the five-minute sensationalism we have now. It must not be based on individuals but on institutions.

“Let us fight corruption with sincerity. If we fight corruption in a corrupt way, we will not make any headway.”

Speaking earlier, Yakubu Dogara, speaker of the house of representatives, called for a preventive approach to fighting corruption.

He said prosecuting high profile cases of corruption was only worsening the problem, and not dealing with its root cause.

”The fight against corruption should be the moral responsibility of all Nigerians because it affects everybody,” he said.

“We ran into a situation where corruption was celebrated. When there are prosecution of high profile cases, we are only punishing corruption, but we are not dealing with the root cause of it.

We must make the practice of corruption very difficult.”

https://www.thecable.ng/saraki-know-anti-graft-war-not-yielded-much-success

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by Ohammadike: 4:47pm On May 15, 2017
Every sane person knows bubu anti corruption war is a badly directed action movie designed to distract Nigerians from his glaring incompetentce and brainless idiots something to rant about

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 15, 2017
See who is talking...Saraki who installed a stooge in Kwara and is collecting 40 percent of the states monthly revenue as pension..na wa ooo

How will any sensible fellow read Melaye's book. You claimed you graduated from Harvard. Harvard disowned you and he has kept quiet ever since. THAT TO ME IS THE GREATEST CORRUPTION

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by JayRise(m): 4:48pm On May 15, 2017
Good one. The truth will always sound heavy.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by IgboAmakaa(f): 4:48pm On May 15, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by dejiboy: 4:49pm On May 15, 2017
s
Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by Jamesmatic(m): 4:49pm On May 15, 2017
Abeg When be Baby mama's day??

3 Likes

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by Goldenheart(m): 4:49pm On May 15, 2017
sad
Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by freeborn76(m): 4:49pm On May 15, 2017
You know we have been ridiculed, disrespected and taken for granted when one of the forty thieves brazenly writes a book on corruption and Ali Baba launches it.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by espn(m): 4:49pm On May 15, 2017
ROGUES

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by noeloge82(m): 4:49pm On May 15, 2017
Who even reads all these books that are launched by politician s

13 Likes

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by ishua(m): 4:49pm On May 15, 2017
Tell that to your self

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by RockHard: 4:49pm On May 15, 2017
Lol. I wonder how Saraki can talk about fighting corruption with a straight face. lipsrsealed

12 Likes

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by hazyfm1: 4:50pm On May 15, 2017
Let me know when Magu is present at the Book Launch

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by naijaboy756: 4:50pm On May 15, 2017
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GEJ PROPOSED INSTITUTIONAL FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION

PMB AND BMC ARE PROPOSING HARASSMENT OF OPPONENTS AND SELLING SAME TO ZOMBIES AS KWARAPTION PAIT

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by Lescalier: 4:51pm On May 15, 2017
Do not put yam and goat together. That's the meaning of his statement. And this was what GEJ spoke about that we were abusing him.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by Donbigi2(m): 4:52pm On May 15, 2017
I stand corrected, but Jonathan actually fought corruption by introducing things like bvn and tsa. What buhari refuses to know is those politicians that stole have enough money to battle their reputation in court, if buhari really wants to fight corruption, arresting bad politicians should be secondary and he should stop pronouncing people corrupt because by doing that he will make them more careful, he should take the sting approach. Buhari should concentrate more on Making it difficult to steal fund or store or use stolen fund.
Jonathan government was grossly corrupt, I KNOWthat

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by CaptainKool15(m): 4:53pm On May 15, 2017
waiting for the soft copyof the book..

na awa money Dino kuku used to publish d book
Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by eezeribe(m): 4:54pm On May 15, 2017
There must be a shift in paradigm.we must fight corruption from the inside.
Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by Arkmanbuddy(m): 4:54pm On May 15, 2017
Sorry, how can we have thieves speaking about how to stop stealing? How sincere can they be? Though their opinions are welcomed, they lack the moral fortitude to speak on the issue.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by dayo23(f): 4:56pm On May 15, 2017
Arkmanbuddy:
Sorry, how can we have thieves speaking about how to stop stealing? How sincere can they be? Though their opinions are welcomed, they lack the moral fortitude to speak on the issue.
quiet true
Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by Bobby808: 4:57pm On May 15, 2017
Ohammadike:
Every sane person knows bubu anti corruption war is a badly directed action movie designed to distract Nigerians from his glaring incompetentce and brainless idiots something to rant about
I must thank you for your fearlessness. There are three words you used up there that show that we still have couragious young men.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by Infernoe: 4:58pm On May 15, 2017
Ok
Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by Tenim47(m): 4:58pm On May 15, 2017
RockHard:
Lol. I wonder how Saraki can talk about fighting corruption with a straight face. lipsrsealed

grin

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by BrutalJab: 4:59pm On May 15, 2017
That's the truth.

Apc is equal to SCAM

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by estans(m): 4:59pm On May 15, 2017
NotiNG but the truth

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by kpaminose: 5:00pm On May 15, 2017
What they said is true though their reason for saying it is not on the interest of the common man

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by imsuboi(m): 5:01pm On May 15, 2017
He has a point

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by Raheemzee(m): 5:01pm On May 15, 2017
Ohammadike:
from ur name we've known who da Bleep u are #butthurt biadog tongue tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by koladebrainiac(m): 5:02pm On May 15, 2017
h
Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by Lescalier: 5:02pm On May 15, 2017
Arkmanbuddy:

Abeg remind me. What did they steal?

Dnt insult me o, just remind me.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Anti-graft War Is Five-minute Sensationalism by Bobby808: 5:02pm On May 15, 2017
One thing I like Buhari for is that whatever you give him for signature, he does not waste time. To him, Nigeria is a confirm zoo where anything goes and do not requires genuine live. Just give him a well typed document written ''Buhari dey crazy'', he will just sign. What a country. He dey pain well that we are where we are.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Patience - Port-Harcourt Lost Its Attraction In Amaechi's Reign / Scores Of Boko Haram Members Killed In Konduga / Repair Works By Julius Berger At MCC Pedestrian Bridge Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.