Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

India Polytechnics Better Than Nigeria Polytechnics? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / India Polytechnics Better Than Nigeria Polytechnics? (483 Views)

Do Nigeria Polytechnics Accept University Diploma For HND Application ? / Nigeria Polytechnics Now Offer More Arts Courses / Which Is The Most Corrupt: Nigerian Universities, Polytechnics Or Colleges? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

India Polytechnics Better Than Nigeria Polytechnics? by manosteel(m): 7:12am On May 16, 2017
A Nairalander doing my own thing in India, I was perplexed to find out that every dick and Tom I meet in the street of India is either having B.Tech, M.Tech, B.E, M.E, Etc. I shudder to think; is that how much they go to school here? When I asked from which school? The common response is Xyz College or xyz polytechnic. This is not surprise though, the attached advert photo as seen in one of the streets is common sight in India, there is a crazy rush for graduate Degree. Do not be deceived, some of the institutions awarding B.Tech/M.Tech are not bigger or better equipped than what we have in Nigeria, in fact some are hosted in few blocks apartment with lecturers just as highly educated as ours.
The world becoming a global community as we know it, where Nigeria HND graduates chase the same International Job opportunities as well as the Indian Folks but the guy with B.Tech from India is looked favourably to get the Job despite that both individuals graduated from polytechnic. Little wonder India is now regarded as a Nation with young educated population and they have become cheap manpower recruiting hub for International organizations from IT, Engineering, Medicine to Management.
The Nigeria Policy of not accrediting Polytechnics to run these programs is retrogressive in nature instead of progressive.
From global labour market stand point, it is as though HND is becoming outdated just like its big brother HNC. It is high time the Policy makers had a rethink on this Policy and make their Citizens much more competitive in International Job market.

(1) (Reply)

Reuben Abatib Mocks High Number Of First Class Graduates In Nigerian Versities / Why Do The Rich People Oppress The Poor? / JAMB: 7 Avoidable Mistakes Of 2017 UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.