Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,736 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Nigeria Ranked 7th Among Countries Facing Shortage Of Health Workers - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria Ranked 7th Among Countries Facing Shortage Of Health Workers (9254 Views)

The Video Of Kano Empty Isolation Centre Is Fake - Kano State Ministry Of Health / COVID-19: Lagos Battles Shortage Of Reagents, FCT Running Out Of Test Kits / World Toilet Day: Nigeria Ranked 3rd In Countries Without Safe, Private Toilets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th Among Countries Facing Shortage Of Health Workers by ednited(f): 2:16pm On May 16, 2017
robosky02:

Nigeria is ranked second in Africa behind Ethiopia with 152,000.

, only Ethiopia reported a higher shortage of 152,000 health workers.
/

so sad, I know there are 2000 Ethiopian doctors in Chicago only. . . .for real!! Let me just say our generation is not ready to make a sacrifice for their country but rather make $. I also know there are lots of Nigerian doctors in the U.S.

All I can say . . . .God help Africa undecided
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th Among Countries Facing Shortage Of Health Workers by joeace2020(m): 2:18pm On May 16, 2017
trustyshoess:

Yes it is very very hard. More so than undergraduate medicine which is hard as well. You also have to have at least a 2.1 in your first degree for your application to be considered at all. With graduate medicine you have to have lots of volunteer work, work experience/shadowing, and have things about you that will make you stand out from everyone else who's who's applying because places are limited and most people will have a first class in their first degree (most still won't get in). It's very tough

Wow! Harder than a camel passing throug the eye of a needle. Thanks for the info dear.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th Among Countries Facing Shortage Of Health Workers by robosky02(m): 2:20pm On May 16, 2017
ednited:

so sad, I know there are 2000 Ethiopian doctors in Chicago only. . . .for real!! Let me just say our generation is not ready to make a sacrifice for their country but rather make $. I also know there are lots of Nigerian doctors in the U.S.

All I can say . . . .God help Africa undecided

its an entire African problem my dear
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th Among Countries Facing Shortage Of Health Workers by ednited(f): 2:21pm On May 16, 2017
robosky02:

its an entire African problem my dear
Yea, which is why av said God help Africa
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th Among Countries Facing Shortage Of Health Workers by d33types: 2:22pm On May 16, 2017
DABMarkNig2019:
This could be attributed to aggression from the medical doctors and unfavourable or non existence health policy. It takes the grace and love of God for someone to work in our health care system. The NMA is a cult that is opposed to the progress of other health workers so why wouldn't they migrate?
Also the universities are not helping matters. Graduating from disciplines such as medicine, pharmacy and dentistry in Nigeria is like hell. Apart from the annual ASSU strike, you see these students spilling and splashing over and over again. This can discourage the young ones from studying such courses.
The government too should be partly held responsible. They have not provided the needed technology for our hospitals to run efficiently and the students are never properly taken care of. The president is currently in London receiving treatment. That tells it all i guess?
I weep for my country.

At the bolded, are you under a spell or something? Did you even make any sense?

I can bet my 1 month earning, that you're a johesu worker or student of pharmacy or med lab.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th Among Countries Facing Shortage Of Health Workers by Chukazu: 2:35pm On May 16, 2017
When it's negatives we come tops, when it's positives we come bottom
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th Among Countries Facing Shortage Of Health Workers by JhyMedex: 3:51pm On May 16, 2017
trustyshoess:

I'm actually studying Medical science (which is a pre-med course) at University of South Wales then will progress into Graduate entry Medicine at Cardiff University

Wales.. Wow.. they've got a strong program there...
hw many years is dt altogether
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th Among Countries Facing Shortage Of Health Workers by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 16, 2017
JhyMedex:

Wales.. Wow.. they've got a strong program there...
hw many years is dt altogether
Undergrad is 5 years or 6 years (1 year foundation)
Graduate entry is 4 years plus first degree (usually 3 years) which makes it 7 years altogether
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th Among Countries Facing Shortage Of Health Workers by JhyMedex: 12:05am On May 18, 2017
trustyshoess:

Undergrad is 5 years or 6 years (1 year foundation)
Graduate entry is 4 years plus first degree (usually 3 years) which makes it 7 years altogether
it's 6yrs here... n guys b can't wait to finish..
I assume u doing Anatomy, physiology biochemistry nw...

Will luv to knw more...
dts Ma Whatsapp number.. Beep me up if it's not much trouble...
Re: Nigeria Ranked 7th Among Countries Facing Shortage Of Health Workers by ItalianWine(f): 3:18pm On May 20, 2017
francdec4:
Your mindset is so poor. And how much do you think It took some people looting the countries money to pay for their studies. And more importantly have you really taken time out to see what the doctors are actually asking for..that the facilities be better equipment and basic instruments made available. Have you visited most hospitals in Nigeria in the recent past where doctors have close to nothing to carry out their duties. If you are a doctor will you like to operate with candle light or rechargeable lantern?

Hello

You mailed me

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / Natural Cure For Baby Rashes, Skin Conditions / Abia Health Ministry Supports NGO With Production Of 5000 Copies Of Books

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.