Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

Victoria's Secret - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Victoria's Secret (21802 Views)

Victoria's Order / 'The Road To Victoria Island’: A Review Of Suraj Tunji Oyewale’s Book / My Baby Mama By Victoria Ezekiel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victoria's Secret by romanticnovels: 7:03am On May 19, 2017
Good morning Fam. I just wanted to appreciate the few people who took time to comment. Thanks a lot. I hope you still stick around to the end. Thanks a bunch guys

4 Likes

Re: Victoria's Secret by queenitee(f): 8:37am On May 19, 2017
Mehn!!! Vicky vicky. Good girl gone bad
Re: Victoria's Secret by Nobody: 10:29am On May 19, 2017
Loving this
Re: Victoria's Secret by chrisbaby24(m): 11:11am On May 19, 2017
Nice....
Re: Victoria's Secret by Jowaxy(m): 12:46pm On May 19, 2017
You good. Real good.
Re: Victoria's Secret by popesaint(m): 1:54pm On May 19, 2017
nice one. more
Re: Victoria's Secret by romanticnovels: 7:39am On May 20, 2017
“Yeah. I really hope so. Until then, take care and be good” I replied, feeling like my throat was closing up.

She smiled with glazed eyes and walked to the junction. One could tell she didn’t know where she was going to or what else to make out of her life. She was a young lady of about twenty to twenty-one years old and she had a whole life ahead of her. I just prayed in my heart she found her path right.

I wondered why Madam Osas would chase away Filo just because she fought with Ada. Yes, everyone knew Ada was her favourite but she should not have sent her away. Fights were bound to happen anyway. I shrugged and sat on the floor beside Jessica.

“Jessy, you never told me you had contraband” I said, staring at Jessica whose fingertips were trailing down her knuckles.

“I… I was going to.” She spoke up with her face white like she was going to combust in flames. She was really going through a lot.

“You should have told me. I know it still wouldn’t have made any difference. What were you doing with a phone anyway” I asked, gritting my teeth.

“I contact my boyfriend with it. He is also a hustler in Lagos and sometimes, he comes to Portharcourt.”Her voice didn’t come out smooth or steady but it faltered at intervals. I could feel her pain.
I exhaled a breathe and pulled her close.

“Jessy. You are old enough to have a partner. I don’t know what pushed you here but its time you left and found something to do with your life” I mouthed, ducking my head lower to catch her eyes. The cold icy look in them made my heart clench in fear.

“Where do I go from here? My parents are dead. I am an orphan and my relatives have rejected me. I am twenty-four and I can’t even say this is what I have accomplished so far.” She gaped as she sobbed hard
“That’s why you have to leave now. Look, this was still going to happen as a matter of fact. She was still going to send you away. Infact it’s only a matter of time before she chases all of us away because we can’t be working for her forever. Yours only happened sooner”

“See, I will give you a jewellery set, not because I don’t need it or anything but because I want you to sell it and establish yourself okay?”

2 Likes

Re: Victoria's Secret by romanticnovels: 7:43am On May 20, 2017
“See, I will give you a jewellery set, not because I don’t need it or anything but because I want you to sell it and establish yourself okay?” I said, fishing out the bag and handling it over to her.She looked into the bag and drew in a sharp breath.

“You stole this right?” she asked and guilt instantly consumed me.

I nodded and looked away.

“Jessy, I am not a thief. I just had to do this; I need money badly so I could pursue my dreams in life. I don’t know where the courage came from for me to have stolen this. I just did and before I knew it, I realized for the first time in my life, I stole and got away with it. This life is funny; we do things we thought we would never do.

Please don’t judge me” my words resonated around and then settled into an eerie silence.

“I won’t. I understand. I thought you wanted to go confess the wallet theft and now this but its okay. Like I said, I won’t judge you. Just have this and go back to school” She said after a while, giving back the bag to me as she adjusted her frame on the wall she was pressing her back on.

“No Jessica. You need it more than I do. I am still here so I could work or do some other things and save money.” I countered.

She thought for a while before sighing deeply.
“I will take it. But promise me you won’t steal again”

I rolled my eyes and looked down.

“I can’t promise you. I just pray I don’t have to do it again.” I said, managing a smile to assure her I wouldn’t become notorious.

“It’s fine Victoria. Be a good girl. In case you need to contact me or anything, I wrote down my number in a paper and put it inside your bag. I think this is goodbye” she drawled, wiping tears away from her almost jelly eyes.

“Till we meet again”

My emotions were throbbing as I pulled a muddled up Jessica into a big hug.
We meet to part; we part to meet they say.

3 Likes

Re: Victoria's Secret by romanticnovels: 7:46am On May 20, 2017
It had been two weeks after Jessica and Filomena were sent away. Every one remained on a low key except Ada who obviously had enough guts to do what she wanted anytime since she was a free bird. Sometimes I wonder why a thing like favoritism exist. It’s so inhuman. There was a time Zainab and Ada fought over whose turn it was to use the only blanket and pillow in the room. it was actually Zainab’s turn but Ada insisted it was hers and she must use it that night. Madam Osas heard them arguing and came into the room and without even knowing the details of what ensued, she ordered Zainab to go out of the room and sleep outside in the cold.

Hot tears streamed down my cheeks as I peeped through the loopy net window and saw her shivering terribly and hugging herself in a bid to reduce the cold hitting her skin. I had slept with so much pains in my heart that night. It was as if I was the one it happened to. That kind of feeling you get when someone is in anguish and so helpless and there is nothing you could do about it. The feeling that sent daggers to my heart, stabbing it ferociously.

And just when I was about shutting my eyes to sleep, the generator of the big bungalow beside the house went off and the neighborhood went silent. I then heard the kids of our rich neighbor crying that the salad they just ate wasn’t enough and they wanted ice cream. I just shook my head and wipe off the tears in my eyes. If only they knew the kind of privilege they had.

It was a Monday morning and I had taken my bathe and dressed up as usual. Ada was becoming more suspicious since everytime I wanted to dress, I used the bathroom. Yes there was something behind it, a secret I just couldn’t bring myself to tell anyone yet.

A secret that pierced my heart and ripped my soul apart. “I am off to the canteen” I said to the girls after I was ready.

“Ahah. Wait for me na” Tomi cooed loudly as she rubbed Vaseline on her skin. She was the only hairy girl amongst us. She had so much hair everywhere. Her head, hands, legs, everywhere. Heritage sometimes teased her by calling her a panda.

I waited for her and after about three minutes, she was done.
Re: Victoria's Secret by romanticnovels: 7:56am On May 20, 2017
Getting to the canteen, we did the necessary and started serving. We had a lot of customers since it was Monday morning.

Some staffs at a bank branch not far away just joined the set of people we served plus the staffs from the shop making aluminum products a street away. We now had a large customer base.

“Edikang ikong mo.My Edi edi” A man chewing stick held Tomi’s hand back, making her the plates of rice in her hands crash to the floor.

“Which one is this one na, Ewo loshi gan?” She complained bitterly as she shot him an angry stare. The man quickly arranged himself and chipped in an apology.

Tomi hissed and fetched what she would use to clean the mess before Madam Osas came around.

“Hi lovely” A tall handsome man greeted me curtly.

“Hello” I replied, looking left and right to make sure neither madam Osas nor Ada was nearby.

“You look like this actress, Genevieve, I hope you know” He spoke up, gazing at me intently as if he wanted to bore holes in my face.

I stifled a smile and nodded. A lot of people used to tell me I looked like Genevive Nnaji. I had her petite portable figure, her kind of face and smile.

“Please get me a plate of rice, beans, egg and dodo” “Beans is not yet ready” I pointedly supplied back to him.

“Okay, get the rest for me then. Thanks”

I left and dished him a plate of rice, plantain and a big egg well soaked into stew I returned and handed it over to him.

“Thank you” He said, flashing a smile.

“Don’t mention, it’s my job”

I smiled and dashed to serve the new customers arriving. When the man that had spoken to me earlier was done with his food, he signaled to me to come. Getting to his table, I raised a brow as I picked up his plate. He had neatly eaten his food. That was the first time I would pack a neat after meal plate. It was nothing like the usual plates I had been packing with stew staining the back of the plate and the remaining grains of rice scattered around the edges.
“My name is Fred”

“I am Victoria. Nice to meet you”

“I am surprised you can converse in fluent English. I used to think all the girls here were illiterates shipped probably from Togo”

I frowned. I didn’t like the way that sounded. It came out wrong.

Some of us were learned but just victims of circumstances. Besides, the good book says you don't judge a book by its cover.

When he noticed my countenance changed, he smiled at me and spoke in a low tone, almost in a whisper.

"You are beautiful, but more beautiful when you frown. I'll see you around tomorrow. Have a nice day" he said and paid for his meal but with an extra one thousand naira tip.

'He's not that bad afterall, he only has loose mouth' I concluded in my mind and I hid the money at the side of my skirt.

"Oya oya, bring that money out now" Ada's voice loudly echoed and I turned to see the she devil standing rigidly like she was in for a fight.
Re: Victoria's Secret by romanticnovels: 7:58am On May 20, 2017
It was evening, 4:30pm and we were all preparing to go to the club. I had handed the 1k tip to Ada and she had collected it and kept it, not inside the bag we keep sales money but inside her own personal pocket but what was I to do? She was the queen after all.

"Let me see you talking to that man again, I'll report to Madam Osas that you now have a boyfriend." She sternly spoke and walked away, wriggling her plump backside.

"Please pass me that red Lipstick" Zainab said to me, pointing to the lipstick placed on the standing fan.

When we were all done dressing up, we bade madam Osas goodbye and walked to the junction to catch a cab. Usually, we would board two cabs because we were seven but since Jessica and Filo got expelled. We flagged down a cab and we all hopped inside, chatting heartily as the cab moved swiftly against the tarred road.

I noticed Heritage was the only one not speaking, she only threw in some monosyllabic words when asked or when she just had to, or else she would draw more attention to herself.
We got to the club by 5:43pm.

Alighting from the cab, we walked into the ever bubbly club. I froze when my eyes landed on that tall, handsome, bearded species. One I thought I would never see again. It had been three weeks since the incidence and he had been totally absent from the club. I guessed I would just pretend I didn't know him. Besides, he never got to finally meet me that day.

My heart did gbim gbim! as my legs took me to the heart of the club, the core that had all the fun in it.

Ada had already started the work God sent her to do in life, she already found a nigga she was grinding. Tomi was dancing with Zainab. They were both looking left and right for who was loaded to pounce on.

I joined them and placed my hands on my knees, throwing my ass up and down, shaking it vigorously once in a while. With the corner of my eyes, I saw Heritage walking towards the restroom. Then I knew something was up, the typical Heritage I knew would join us to form a clique and dance till each found a guy who was rich and generous enough. I told the rest of the girls I would be right back and I trailed behind Heritage. Whatever was wrong, I had to know.

4 Likes

Re: Victoria's Secret by romanticnovels: 7:59am On May 20, 2017
That'll be all for today. Don't forget to comment, like and tag... thanks and have a lovely Saturday.

1 Like

Re: Victoria's Secret by EvaJael(f): 8:10am On May 20, 2017
Following... I'm guessing Victoria's secret has a lot to do with her body
Re: Victoria's Secret by greatlinda(f): 8:21am On May 20, 2017
wow....nice story
Re: Victoria's Secret by Chumzypinky(f): 11:30am On May 20, 2017
romanticnovels:
That'll be all for today. Don't forget to comment, like and tag... thanks and have a lovely Saturday.
nice one. Are you male or female?
Re: Victoria's Secret by smokeydrinky: 7:03pm On May 20, 2017
Why do I feel Victoria is a hermaphrodite I hope im wrong.

Romanticnovel, u r doing great ND I so love the back to back update. Keep it coming.
Re: Victoria's Secret by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 20, 2017
Following...
Re: Victoria's Secret by Slimzjane(f): 3:59am On May 21, 2017
dis z lovely,biko continue
Re: Victoria's Secret by Chummypinky(f): 1:03pm On May 21, 2017
smokeydrinky:
Why do I feel Victoria is a hermaphrodite I hope im wrong.

Romanticnovel, u r doing great ND I so love the back to back update. Keep it coming.

I feel so too.......what a pity please romanticnovel hope we are wrong..
Re: Victoria's Secret by queenitee(f): 2:01pm On May 21, 2017
Victoria, amebo
Re: Victoria's Secret by michealdeco: 2:40pm On May 21, 2017
Good story
Re: Victoria's Secret by queenitee(f): 9:18pm On May 21, 2017
EvaJael:
Following... I'm guessing Victoria's secret has a lot to do with her body
My thought exactly
Re: Victoria's Secret by romanticnovels: 7:52am On May 23, 2017
"Heritage, what's wrong?" I placed my thumb finger on her shoulder. She was leaning against the wall brooding.

A tear slid down her cheek, dropping carefully on her collarbone.

"Babe, wetin happen na" I asked again.
She placed her palms on her face, ruining her make up and started sobbing hard.

"Heritage. You know I have never seen you like this and you don dey scare me o"

"Victoria. I don get belle" she blurted out sharply. A loud sigh escaped from my throat, more like a gasp. I stared widely at her. She let the tears that welled up her eyes now fall freely without friction.

"How come? You don't have a boyfriend and you are not the kind that sleeps around" I said, looking at her bewilderedly. She was the last person i expected to get pregnant. Actually it was Jessica because she was decent but since Jessica was no longer in our midst, Heritage was still another girl I could vouch for.

"I... I don't know" she cried out and scratched her arm with her long nails. Frustration was written all over her. I stooped and held her face in my hand.

"Please, Explain to me. I hope you know madam Osas mustn't know about this"

"Yet" I added. Even if she was still going to know, not yet.

"A month ago. I mean, before you came. I had a one night stand with an unknown guy in his car. We were both tipsy and high. I swear, I didn't know what I was doing till we were done and my eyes cleared"

I sighed and pulled her in for a hug.

'Poor child' I thought. We all make mistakes, don't we? Silly ones.

"Babe. Calm down okay. What do you intend to do now. Keep the baby right?" I asked her.

"Keep what? I am going to abort it"

"Abort what?" The door flung open to reveal Ada standing just before us.

One thing was sure, Ada was good at sneaking up on people and catching them unawares.
"Abort? No one is aborting anyone here" I quickly spoke up.

"Do not play dumb with me!" Ada barked, starting a fire in our bellies.

1 Like

Re: Victoria's Secret by romanticnovels: 7:54am On May 23, 2017
"Alhaji, here she is. Useless girl" Madam Osas said and hissed. A teary eyed Heritage stood with her face down.

The rest of us watched from the window. It was so sad to see a human being deserve the fate of another human just because of unfortunate circumstances.

A tall slim man dressed in a long tunic held Heritage and lifted her face up with his finger.

"Walahi. She fine well well" He spoke in a thick Hausa accent. He was old and weary. If Madam Osas was going to give Heritage off to this man like a bag of sack then she was heartless.

Ada had forced Heritage to confess two days ago at the club and he fragile girl burst into tears,vulnerably telling her all that happened.
Ada smiled and walked out of the restroom. Then I consoled Heritage and we followed suit so we would make enough money before day break.

We were both taken aback when we were making our deliveries to Madam Osas and Ada started running her mouth like an open tap. She told Madam Osas what happened and what never happened. Her exaggeration went so far that she lied Heritage was always sleeping with the club guys everyday and then kept the tips they gave her to herself.

"Hug him jur. He is now your husband. You will go and give birth to that bastard in his house.
If you are lucky to give birth to a male child, he will take you to Kano and go and do the proper marriage rites but if you give birth to a girl. Heritage, you are on your own. Whatever happens to you, it is your destiny" Madam Osas' voice rose some octaves as she hollered.

She called us out and ordered us to carry the foodstuffs and fruits Alhaji brought inside the store after which we carried Heritage's box to the car's trunk.

"Oya, Halele" Madam Osas shouted. I was broken at my insides when Heritage turned to face me and we held each other's gaze.
Everything just happened so fast. About three weeks ago, It was Jessica and Filomena. Now, Heritage was leaving too. Only God knew who would follow.

Zainab and Tomi took turns to hug Heritage, whispering in her ear a few words.

"Please take care of yourself Heritage and your child. I pray we see in the future" I spoke up and gave her the biggest hug she had ever received.
Re: Victoria's Secret by romanticnovels: 7:58am On May 23, 2017
I was outside peeling oranges when a black SUV 2013 model pulled in front of the house. It was a friday evening and we didn't go to the club because Madam Osas travelled and she told us not to go to the club but to just take care of the canteen.

"Hey beautiful"

I looked up to see Fred standing before me, dressed in a pink shirt and brown trousers. "Oh.. Hel..Hi" I stuttered, a crafty smile touching the corner of my lips.

"How are you doing?" He asked, smiling at me heartily.

"I am fine" I replied, looking at the door to make sure Ada wouldn't catch me with him.

"Is everything okay? Are you not happy seeing me?" A deep frown etched in between his brows as he put his glasses inside his breast pocket.

"Err. I don't think it's safe enough for us to talk here. Please, Let's go somewhere else" I proposed and he nodded. I took the bowl of oranges and scurried to the kitchen to drop it on the basin.
I made sure no one saw me leave as I tiptoed cautiously outside the house. There was a patronising half-smile on his face as he opened the door of his car for me and I hopped in. He reversed and he navigated his car out.

He found a space to park and he put off the engine.

"You were running from someone?" He asked, tilting his head to look at me like he could get answers from my face.

"You can't understand Fred. Why did you come?" I asked. He was actually good-looking. Tall and dark with small dainty eyes.

He had nice voluptuous lips that were perfectly formed. He had a scar on his forehead but that did almost nothing to flaw him. The only but I could pinpoint was fat nose but even with that, he was still charming. Maybe not every lady's dream but his height and face contour would make heads turn anywhere he went. He was still panty melting hot even with his defect.

"Hello.. Victoria right?"

"Yeah. Victoria" I nodded and fixed my gaze pointedly on the Okada man struggling to park his bike. "You are very beautiful. Can I know more about you?"
Re: Victoria's Secret by romanticnovels: 7:59am On May 23, 2017
"Thanks a lot for this evening. I have to run along now" I said, throwing in the last piece of cake he bought from the mall. The icing was as soft as velvet, it melted in my mouth, giving my tongue a sweet savoury taste.

"Give me a hug Victoria" He requested. I smiled and gave a light hug.

"Goodnight Fred"

"Goodnight Angel. I hope we do this again" he said, holding my hand. I smiled and I let my hand escaped from his grip. I shut the door and walked briskly to the house, only to see Ada standing by the door. I heaved a deep sigh and headed straight. I had expected that anyway. I was gone for almost two hours and my absence would surely be noticed since we were just four in the house.

"You! Where are you coming from?" She asked, casting furtive glances at me. I felt my stomach clip as I faced her, my eyeballs boring into hers.

"I strolled out" I supplied. A frown started on my forehead and it never left.

"If you think you have seen a fool Vic, you are joking. So you think now that Madam Osas isn't home, you can do anything you want abi?" She snorted. Her brows shot up as anger coursed through her body.

"Ada please, I am tired. I need to shower and go to bed" I managed to say even though a pang of fear was hitting me hardly on my chest.

Ada chortled and gave way for me to enter. I thrusted my chin up in pride as I walked past her. Rubbing my sweaty hands against my faded jeans, I walked inside the room to take my towel. I hurried to the bathroom and removed my clothes, then had a cold shower.

After the shower, I secured my towel firmly on my body and moved fleetly to the room. I sighed when I opened the door and saw Tomi and Zainab in the room still chatting. I took my night gown and turned back in a bid to return to the bathroom to change into my nightie. Ada stood rigidly by the door and spread her legs and arms, making it impossible for me to leave.

"Ada, Please swerve"I said,gritting my teeth as I stewed.

Ada gave a devilish smile and moved away from the door. I retched and took a few steps along the corridor. Suddenly, I felt a strong forceful pull on my shoulder and before I could say Jack, my towel fell to the ground.

"Jesus!" Ada screamed.

5 Likes

Re: Victoria's Secret by queenitee(f): 8:11am On May 23, 2017
Come and continue nah, please

1 Like

Re: Victoria's Secret by bilirayz(f): 7:39pm On May 23, 2017
Please post, the suspense is heart wrecking lol
Re: Victoria's Secret by EvaJael(f): 8:08pm On May 23, 2017
Finally...come and continue
Re: Victoria's Secret by Slimzjane(f): 10:38pm On May 23, 2017
biko continue na
Re: Victoria's Secret by romanticnovels: 7:28am On May 24, 2017
I quickly picked my towel from the floor and ran out of the house with tears flowing freely down my cheeks.

I wished the ground would just open up and swallow me. I just kept running and running, away from where my secret had just been exposed. Ada knowing my secret now meant the world knowing it. I kept running and running till I was far away from the house. I found a discreet place and wore my nightie, then tied my towel.

I walked up to a woman who was about locking up her shop and pleaded with her to allow me use her phone for a quick call. I had memorized Fred's number because I knew he was the only one I knew in PH and I already presumed I would need his help someday, little did I know it would be that soon. The woman obliged and I punched in Fred's number on her Nokia C1 phone.

"Hello?" Fred's voice buzzed loudly.

"Fred. It's me Victoria" I spoke up, bursting into tears. I described where I was for me and I begged him to come pick me up ASAP.

I sat down on a bench and waited for his arrival.The woman asked me what the problem was as she scrutinized me well. Who goes outside in a nightie and ties towel on it? I told her I would be fine and I thanked her for offering me a great help. She gave a sage nod and left after securely locking her shop.

After about thirty minutes of sitting outside in the cold, killing mosquitoes one by one, Fred parked his car at the junction. He got down and started looking to and fro for me. I rose and hastened my steps to the main road where he was standing.

"Fred" I called out, wiping away my tears.

"Jeez. What the hell" Surprise was flustered on his face as he looked at me from head to toe.

"Please, just get me out of here"

"Sure" He replied and opened the door for me.

1 Like

Re: Victoria's Secret by Nnennazimzim(f): 7:23pm On May 24, 2017
Nice story. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today / Love At First Flight. / Wole Soyinka With Other Nobel Laureates In 1986(throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.