Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,918 members, 7,806,671 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

How To Permanently Block Windows Automatic Updates On Your PC. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Permanently Block Windows Automatic Updates On Your PC. (823 Views)

How To Activate Windows 7 Using Cmd Permanently / Complete Guild On How To Turn Off Automatic Updates In Windows 10 / Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates Easily.(download Here) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Permanently Block Windows Automatic Updates On Your PC. by Ayemileto(m): 11:49am On May 16, 2017
One of the most frustrating things about windows is the Auto Update feature. Although windows provided a “Defer Upgrade” button in “advanced” update settings, but you will agree with me that the button is useless.
So the frustration of wasting data on untested updates Windows is fond of pushing to one’s PC pushed me into experimenting with my PC and I found something interesting.

Every single “thing” in windows PC is controlled by a program that can be accessed in one way or the other, the only challenge is to find that particular way.

This method will prevent the program responsible for updates from starting, thereby preventing updates. I can’t say if this will end up having a negative effect on your PC in future, so proceed at your own RISK.

STEP 1: Launch Task manager [shortcut is CTRL+SHIFT+ESC]

STEP 2: At the bottom left corner, click “More details”
STEP 3: Click “Services” at the extreme right of the navigation pane.
STEP 4: At the bottom left corner click “Open Services” OR Right click on any program and select “Open Services”
STEP 5: In the new services page launched, scroll to “Windows Update” and right click on it.
STEP 6: Select “Properties”
STEP 7: Set the “Startup type” to “Disabled”
STEP 8: Click recovery and set First, Second & Subsequent failure to “Take No Action”
Click “Apply” and “Ok”. You can restart your system to take effect. Thank me Later.

(1) (Reply)

Adobe Document Editor - Help Needed / Universal Modem For Sale / 7 Easy Ways To Increase Your Windows 10 Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.