Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Help A Frustrated And Helpless First Class Engineering Graduate - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help A Frustrated And Helpless First Class Engineering Graduate (5567 Views)

I Am Frustrated And Need Help / Help! I’m Frustrated And Want To Relocate / Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help A Frustrated And Helpless First Class Engineering Graduate by makinde851: 10:38pm On May 16, 2017
You sound like a third class student
JustCalMeDBoss:

When you were burning midnight candle, you did not think of an alternative. Omo coming from an Igbo boy, u are just dull. U beta go and bring back ur industrious skills, or some say serve God wella. Try a couple of deliverance sessions. As for u loosing ur mind we have all been der. U will get over it. Or will not care anymore. Which ever comes first.
Re: Help A Frustrated And Helpless First Class Engineering Graduate by Ndutrend: 10:47pm On May 16, 2017
Can you work with an administrative firm. Call or whatsapp me on 07032638427
Re: Help A Frustrated And Helpless First Class Engineering Graduate by mank1234(m): 11:20pm On May 16, 2017
Nice comment out of a multitude. Started following you just a day ago and my list is flooded with irrelevant messages.

StephDamielola:
Its a pity, i truly know how you feel. Believe me its depressing but don't loose hope and never throw in the towel. Our Parents see us as escape routes from poverty. Although it worked during and some years after Colonization but right now the multinationals have left Nigeria and worse of all, we are in a recession. But nevertheless, be strong. I know you are depressed but i congratulate you for coming out to speak. Most people will sit and think of suicide which is never the best option.

My Advise is that you get yourself acquainted with skills and start up something.
Re: Help A Frustrated And Helpless First Class Engineering Graduate by nicko28(f): 12:25am On May 17, 2017
Please don't give up, don't be too hard on yourself, you're getting closer to your dreams in life, if truly you have 1st class in this particular course, I tell you, all your effort(s) won't be in vain or won't go to waste. I graduated with 3rd class, am not proud of it, I know how the 1st class student in my department work hard to achieved it, is not easy. Please try and joint some expatriates groups on Facebook, any country, I always seem some job adverts on some of the groups
Re: Help A Frustrated And Helpless First Class Engineering Graduate by Nobody: 6:31am On May 17, 2017
Chibueze90:
I graduated from a federal university in the east with FIRST CLASS HONORS from Metallurgical and materials engineering 2013/2014 session... during my service year, I did some professional trainings in HSE 123, fire safety, project management, Risk assessment and Prince 2.
After my service year in 2015 up till now I have been hustling and submitted thousands of CV to companies, university. by no good result Cox of I am not connected.. my family hopes depends on me, can't even feed myself... pls my fellow nairalanders, help me out Cox I am on the verge of loosing hope nw and I don't know what my next of action will be.....
Pm me
Re: Help A Frustrated And Helpless First Class Engineering Graduate by Nobody: 6:43am On May 17, 2017
There may be people on Nairaland that could help you but the way you even wrote this post would leave them worried..
Re: Help A Frustrated And Helpless First Class Engineering Graduate by Partnerbiz(f): 6:43am On May 17, 2017
Its well
Re: Help A Frustrated And Helpless First Class Engineering Graduate by Roon9(m): 7:15am On May 17, 2017
jay055:
If you have a laptop available I'll advise you to go into programming. I'm an Engineer also and the jobs available without connections are relatively low. With proper hardwork and guidance you'll get a beginners job in web-dev between 3-6 months. freecodecamp.com and codeacademy.com are excellent resources for learning. You did really well with your academics, don't let anyone tell you otherwise (in a sane country you'll be smiling to the bank).

Sir please how soon before I become a decent programmer?
Re: Help A Frustrated And Helpless First Class Engineering Graduate by Nobody: 7:30am On May 17, 2017
I really feel for the OP.
Op I can't help you with a job, but I can give you some advice. I'll try to be brief (i'll try)
1) First mistake some guys make is to have a sense of entitlement, like you should be entitled to something. Truth is In some way you are entitled to something, you worked hard for it in school, but sadly such is not obtainable anymore. The competition is tougher, supply of grads (first and 2:1) has increased. If all the MNC were giving out free jobs to all the first class grads, they still won't be able to take everyone. Though i'm sure you no longer have any form of entitlement due to circumstance, but never forget that your are smart and be proud (not too proud) of your achievement.

2) You need to apply to jobs in all sectors of the economy. The early mistakes we make is to search for jobs in only engineering field. My brother apply everywhere, banks, audit firms, investment banking firms etc

3) Next issue is passing the aptitude test. Almost all MNC require a form of test. Now this is where some peeps have issues. This is where practice helps, put alot of effort into practice and the more (real) aptitude test you write, the better you become, thats why you need to apply for everything. You also need to learn some street ways to passing aptitude test, be fast, be smart, don't dull, no allow paent dey wear you. It would be good if you hung out with your peers who are also writing the test, you guys can share some tricks.

4) The last problem you might be facing is the interview stage. For most first class this is usually brutal. When the average Nigerian look at you, the first thing on their mind isn't praise or congratulations. The first real thing on their mind is let us test him, na la cram la pour him do, 2:1 guys are better etc. So expect some drilling during your interview. But then again practice helps, being street smart also helps, be confident and don't put unnecessary pressure on yourself. Its also good if you have a young mentor, some one who can coach you and teach you the tricks he/she knows. This is a simple guide to get into dem MNC

In all try and Network, these days its no longer called connections (connection is such an ugly word) its called referral. So try and network, and get referrals from People. You can also teach in tutorials, try learning how to program (this takes a whole lot of time sha, and a whole lot of practice). And yes hustle for scholarships, though they are really competitive, but you really stand a chance cause you're very smart person even if you currently doubt yourself. Eh ehn, don't forget the small small coys too, even though na one man business, you don't know where your blessing is coming from.

Damn this was too long, anyways I hope it helped. More muscle to your hustle. hope say you apply for E.Y

2 Likes

Re: Help A Frustrated And Helpless First Class Engineering Graduate by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 7:35am On May 17, 2017
makinde851:
You sound like a third class student

And u a first class student,
Re: Help A Frustrated And Helpless First Class Engineering Graduate by Nobody: 8:38am On May 17, 2017
DarkHenrie:
The guy is unemployed. How does someone with no job experience apply for skilled worker to Canada? Is that possible?
I don't know oh, I have never applied before
Re: Help A Frustrated And Helpless First Class Engineering Graduate by Chibueze90: 10:23am On May 17, 2017
[quote author=TheBatman post=56595476]I really feel for the OP.
Op I can't help you with a job, but I can give you some advice. I'll try to be brief (i'll try)
1) First mistake some guys make is to have a sense of entitlement, like you should be entitled to something. Truth is In some way you are entitled to something, you worked hard for it in school, but sadly such is not obtainable anymore. The competition is tougher, supply of grads (first and 2:1) has increased. If all the MNC were giving out free jobs to all the first class grads, they still won't be able to take everyone. Though i'm sure you no longer have any form of entitlement due to circumstance, but never forget that your are smart and be proud (not too proud) of your achievement.

2) You need to apply to jobs in all sectors of the economy. The early mistakes we make is to search for jobs in only engineering field. My brother apply everywhere, banks, audit firms, investment banking firms etc

3) Next issue is passing the aptitude test. Almost all MNC require a form of test. Now this is where some peeps have issues. This is where practice helps, put alot of effort into practice and the more (real) aptitude test you write, the better you become, thats why you need to apply for everything. You also need to learn some street ways to passing aptitude test, be fast, be smart, don't dull, no allow paent dey wear you. It would be good if you hung out with your peers who are also writing the test, you guys can share some tricks.

4) The last problem you might be facing is the interview stage. For most first class this is usually brutal. When the average Nigerian look at you, the first thing on their mind isn't praise or congratulations. The first real thing on their mind is let us test him, na la cram la pour him do, 2:1 guys are better etc. So expect some drilling during your interview. But then again practice helps, being street smart also helps, be confident and don't put unnecessary pressure on yourself. Its also good if you have a young mentor, some one who can coach you and teach you the tricks he/she knows. This is a simple guide to get into dem MNC

In all try and Network, these days its no longer called connections (connection is such an ugly word) its called referral. So try and network, and get referrals from People. You can also teach in tutorials, try learning how to program (this takes a whole lot of time sha, and a whole lot of practice). And yes hustle for scholarships, though they are really competitive, but you really stand a chance cause you're very smart person even if you currently doubt yourself. Eh ehn, don't forget the small small coys too, even though na one man business, you don't know where your blessing is coming from.

Damn this was too long, anyways I hope it helped. More muscle to your hustle. hope say you apply for E.Y
[/quote.
I really appreciate your advice and I will put that in action
Re: Help A Frustrated And Helpless First Class Engineering Graduate by nc201016(m): 11:08am On May 17, 2017
Chibueze90:
I graduated from a federal university in the east with FIRST CLASS HONORS from Metallurgical and materials engineering 2013/2014 session... during my service year, I did some professional trainings in HSE 123, fire safety, project management, Risk assessment and Prince 2.
After my service year in 2015 up till now I have been hustling and submitted thousands of CV to companies, university. by no good result Cox of I am not connected.. my family hopes depends on me, can't even feed myself... pls my fellow nairalanders, help me out Cox I am on the verge of loosing hope nw and I don't know what my next of action will be.....

Re: Help A Frustrated And Helpless First Class Engineering Graduate by Fohlah(f): 12:25pm On May 17, 2017
Vacancy
Click on this link for more info https://recruitmentapex.
Re: Help A Frustrated And Helpless First Class Engineering Graduate by caleboxylic: 8:56pm On May 23, 2017
Chibueze90:

You are good . Keep pushing.
Re: Help A Frustrated And Helpless First Class Engineering Graduate by FA13(m): 6:33pm On May 24, 2017
ismokeweed:
Pm me

I have sent you a PM too.
Re: Help A Frustrated And Helpless First Class Engineering Graduate by enshi(m): 7:28pm On May 24, 2017
Was in your shoes a month ago... Now i am the head of HR in a place that looks like heaven on earth to me... I have Hnd distinction in computer engineering with 2.1 BSc in same...

See my magic

1. I went back to status quo with God.

2. There is no number 2 cos number one is all you need to do.

Lastly bro please start training your self on office etiquetes cos when and where God is taking you will blow your mind.. If you have any means pls learn some software applications

Before i go pls do not i repeat do not measure your success with others..

Take for instance a friend of mine has worked for 8 months now and he just got an apartment i just worked for less than two months and i have same...

Dont stop updating your knowledge so you can defend on that day.. Drop your CV anyways

2 Likes

Re: Help A Frustrated And Helpless First Class Engineering Graduate by yusman14(m): 1:39am On Apr 29, 2020
Hello sir
How are you doing?? Hope everything is now in place
Re: Help A Frustrated And Helpless First Class Engineering Graduate by Chibueze90: 5:29pm On Jan 06, 2021
yusman14:
Hello sir How are you doing?? Hope everything is now in place
Yea..I am now a lecturer, sorry I replied late God was indeed faithful
Re: Help A Frustrated And Helpless First Class Engineering Graduate by yusman14(m): 12:32pm On Jan 07, 2021
sloo1:
I studied the same course, probably in the same uni. However, I didnt finish with first class but, by the grace of God, I have a good Job. I will advice u to do any of the following:

1. Give attention to ur CV and continue applying to just any Job (my first job was sales, then first bank, then pipline company with my HSE, then my present Job)

2. update yourself. As a metallurgist, you may consider certifications on welding inspection, plant inspection, NDT etc. They are more relevant to your field and can help you get Job even outside the country.

3. Apply for scholarships. You have first class, that is an advantage. There are alot of scholarships for you e.g newzealand scholarship, commonwealth, ptdf, bilateral etc.

4. Apply for international Job. Check Newzealand immigration website.

5. visit some organizations that are related to your field and tell them that you will like to work for them. It worked for me once.

6. God answers prayer. pray with faith.

7. Dont Give up.

I wish you the best
Hello sir,I will like to get in touch with you..I am studying MME in OAU..
Re: Help A Frustrated And Helpless First Class Engineering Graduate by yusman14(m): 12:55pm On Jan 07, 2021
Chibueze90:

Yea..I am now a lecturer,
sorry I replied late
God was indeed faithful
Thank God for that...I will like to get in touch with you sir...can I have your WhatsApp number?
Re: Help A Frustrated And Helpless First Class Engineering Graduate by yusman14(m): 12:46am On Jun 22, 2021
sloo1:
I studied the same course, probably in the same uni. However, I didnt finish with first class but, by the grace of God, I have a good Job. I will advice u to do any of the following:

1. Give attention to ur CV and continue applying to just any Job (my first job was sales, then first bank, then pipline company with my HSE, then my present Job)

2. update yourself. As a metallurgist, you may consider certifications on welding inspection, plant inspection, NDT etc. They are more relevant to your field and can help you get Job even outside the country.

3. Apply for scholarships. You have first class, that is an advantage. There are alot of scholarships for you e.g newzealand scholarship, commonwealth, ptdf, bilateral etc.

4. Apply for international Job. Check Newzealand immigration website.

5. visit some organizations that are related to your field and tell them that you will like to work for them. It worked for me once.

6. God answers prayer. pray with faith.

7. Dont Give up.

I wish you the best
Good day sir..I want to connect with you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abuja Intercontinetal Set / Vacancy For Cleaners In Warri / SHESTCO (sheda Science And Technology Complex) Applicants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.