Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

How Did You Make It In Life? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Did You Make It In Life? (29843 Views)

Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It / What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? / How Much Did You Save In 2017? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Make It In Life? by technicallyrich(m): 6:01pm On May 16, 2017
It is an open secret that many people are suffering in nigeria. Most graduate don't have jobs and the ones that are employed are underemployed. The ones that are skilled don't have money to open up their business and these go on and on.

The significance of all these is that most of the guys Damn all the consequences and go into stealing and get killed. Most of our young girls are into runz or rather prostitution because they face harsh conditions in life. awhen i work the street I fell bad because I see hardship and pain all over.

But in all these I know that some people are making it,so please let's share some ideals. At least to reduce the pain and suffering in the country.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by slimiyke(m): 6:19pm On May 16, 2017
Making it and being successful is quite a very relative term for measuring achievements in our life endeavours. It all depends on your personal aspirations and challenges and also how you've conquered those fears that were once seen as stumbling blocks, being successful and finding a place in the society has always been a major fear and concern to almost every young soul especially the undergraduates and the fresh graduates that probably have no support not even from their family members.

10 Likes

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:33pm On May 16, 2017
All we have are by youths who wana sit at home and find money falling from the sky.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by slimiyke(m): 7:01pm On May 16, 2017
Honestly, it would definitely take more than a text page to give a well detailed explanations of how i made it and eventually found a place and carved a niche for myself in the society. As a young man in the university studying Electrical/Electronics Engineering 2004-2009, I never really appreciated the need for skill acquisition outside of my field of study though I did Basic computer appreciation training before my admission finally came through then after my admission I was posted to kebbi State for my NYSC, while in the camp I tried to identify with almost all the organisations that visited us there either for skill acquisition or training of any sort which was considered relatively cheap, so unknowingly to me that MDG WAP agro entrepreneurial scheme was going to invite us for a training in Abuja Kubwa camp, so, after the training I applied for a loan of 250k knowing fully that my NYSC was going to be the collateral but I decided to take the maximum risk because I was so afraid of coming back home to beg for support, so came back and set up my poultry farm on a small scale in a corner of our rented apartment and also used part of the money to acquire a CAD program skill and a cheap laptop also. Behold after 6months of this programs I was invited for an interview which I passed and immediately got employed...to cut it short, today I can proudly tell the world that I made a repayment of that loan after 2yrs and have also built a house for my parents and I must say that I may not be too rich but I count myself very successful because I have conquered so many fears and made my family so proud....

190 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by sonnie10: 6:20pm On May 29, 2017
If I tell you how I made it, trust me you would prefer to remain the way you are. However, if you can endure, the end justifies the mean.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by djdoxxx(m): 8:41pm On May 29, 2017
slimiyke:
Honestly, it would definitely take more than a text page to give a well detailed explanations of how i made it and eventually found a place and carved a niche for myself in the society. As a young man in the university studying Electrical/Electronics Engineering 2004-2009, I never really appreciated the need for skill acquisition outside of my field of study though I did Basic computer appreciation training before my admission finally came through then after my admission I was posted to kebbi State for my NYSC, while in the camp I tried to identify with almost all the organisations that visited us there either for skill acquisition or training of any sort which was considered relatively cheap, so unknowingly to me that MDG WAP agro entrepreneurial scheme was going to invite us for a training in Abuja Kubwa camp, so, after the training I applied for a loan of 250k knowing fully that my NYSC was going to be the collateral but I decided to take the maximum risk because I was so afraid of coming back home to beg for support, so came back and set up my poultry farm on a small scale in a corner of our rented apartment and also used part of the money to acquire a CAD program skill and a cheap laptop also. Behold after 6months of this programs I was invited for an interview which I passed and immediately got employed...to cut it short, today I can proudly tell the world that I made a repayment of that loan after 2yrs and have also built a house for my parents and I must say that I may not be too rich but I count myself very successful because I have conquered so many fears and made my family so proud....

Thumbs up bro

Keywords: Conquered So Many Fears....

More will come, but you will conquer them.

Its a good thing you contributed on this .

21 Likes

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by djdoxxx(m): 8:47pm On May 29, 2017
technicallyrich:
It is an open secret that many people are suffering in nigeria.most graduate don't have jobs and the ones that are employed are underemployed. The ones that are skilled don't have money to open up their bussiness and these go on and on.
The significance of all these is that most of the guys Damn all the consequences and go into stealing and get killed.Most of our young girls are into runz or rather prostitution because they face harsh conditions in life.when i work the street I fell bad because I see hardship and pain all over.
But in all these I know that some people are making it,so please let's share some ideals Atleast to reduce the pain and suffering in the country.

I applaud this thread one of the best I've seen on nairaland. Reason is because this goes inline with the concept myself and my co-partner are already involved in.

We are gathering answers from people locally to ask them through questionnaires how they became millionaires.

Our survey runs online and offline... And pans through West African countries for now.

Nigeria and Benin ( Cotonou) has been settled...We hope to visit Ghana this week or next.

We also have some other exploits we are pushing.

We can relate if you want as it seems we kinda align.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 29, 2017
sonnie10:
If I tell you how I made it, trust me you would prefer to remain the way you are. However, if you can endure, the end justifies the mean.

you don't know that. Post it here for people with daredevil minds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by pauljumbo: 9:22pm On May 29, 2017
I have not make it in life but am no more where I use to be before, at the moment I am taking care of myself with 3 kids in a comfortable apartment in the heart of Accra the capital of Ghana.

i made money by learning difficult stuff that people are looking for online and make youtube videos in a simpler form and share it on my blog for free at pauljumbo.com. The blog begins to get traffic after 4 months and i decide to sell some part of what I learned on my store pauljumbo store.

Today I make a minimum of 100$ daily using this model of sharing free contents and also help others online for free. with the money realized from my blog, I am now doing other businesses with my wife in Ghana.

if you are unemployed i will advise just learn any skill and start promoting it online don't waste time to argue in politic section of nairaland or other social platforms over politicians or entertainers. Always putting content online after some time people will notice you and money will start flowing.

Note nothing good comes quickly you can do menial job at the beginning just to survive but always pushing towards your future

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by technicallyrich(m): 9:23pm On May 29, 2017
djdoxxx:

I applaud this thread one of the best I've seen on nairaland. Reason is because this goes inline with the concept myself and my co-partner are already involved in.

We are gathering answers from people locally to ask them through questionnaires how they became millionaires.

Our survey runs online and offline... And pans through West African countries for now.

Nigeria and Benin ( Cotonou) has been settled...We hope to visit Ghana this week or next.

We also have some other exploits we are pushing.

We can relate if you want as it seems we kinda align.
I am interested.i am a graduate with blc in mangement.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by pauljumbo: 9:24pm On May 29, 2017
slimiyke:

nice one

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by sonnie10: 9:59pm On May 29, 2017
[quote author=Dudeweedlmao post=57001189]

Ok
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by djdoxxx(m): 10:36pm On May 29, 2017
technicallyrich:

I am interested.i am a graduate with blc in mangement.

Okay... How can we connect and where do you live? Drop me your email so I write back to you, if that's okay by you.

Regards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by djdoxxx(m): 10:39pm On May 29, 2017
pauljumbo:
I have not make it in life but am no more where I use to be before, at the moment I am taking care of myself with 3 kids in a comfortable apartment in the heart of Accra the capital of Ghana.

i made money by learning difficult stuff that people are looking for online and make youtube videos in a simpler form and share it on my blog for free at pauljumbo.com. The blog begins to get traffic after 4 months and i decide to sell some part of what I learned on my store pauljumbo store.

Today I make a minimum of 100$ daily using this model of sharing free contents and also help others online for free. with the money realized from my blog, I am now doing other businesses with my wife in Ghana.

if you are unemployed i will advise just learn any skill and start promoting it online don't waste time to argue in politic section of nairaland or other social platforms over politicians or entertainers. Always putting content online after some time people will notice you and money will start flowing.

Note nothing good comes quickly you can do menial job at the beginning just to survive but always pushing towards your future

Good one PaulJumbo....

My friend and I will do well to pay you a visit first in Ghana when we arrive Accra...With your post, there are loads of accompaniments we can achieve together...

1 Like

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by technicallyrich(m): 11:34pm On May 29, 2017
djdoxxx:

Okay... How can we connect and where do you live? Drop me your email so I write back to you, if that's okay by you.

Regards
Didiajerry@yahoo.com
I. Will do my best to make sure it's a success.
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by pauljumbo: 12:23am On May 30, 2017
djdoxxx:

Good one PaulJumbo....

My friend and I will do well to pay you a visit first in Ghana when we arrive Accra...With your post, there are loads of accompaniments we can achieve together...

ok, bro, i will be expecting you guys

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by WalkerMichael(m): 8:05am On May 30, 2017
Amazing thread. Following diligently
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by technicallyrich(m): 2:54pm On Jun 05, 2017
djdoxxx:

Regards
Ok.just dm me and I will send you my number through email
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by y3mi(m): 10:52pm On Jul 27, 2017
Lalasticlala Seun mynd44 this thread deserves FrontPage
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by auntysimbiat(f): 10:55pm On Jul 27, 2017
AM FOLLOWING
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by saasala(m): 11:43am On Jul 28, 2017
I have not made it in life until I become a billionaire in dollars.

Why did I say this?

My goal since I was in SS2 as a 16 year old boy who stumbled on Robert Kiyosaki's Rich Dad Poor Dad was never to proceed to higher institution after I learnt that becoming very wealthy or successful can not be gotten with certificates.

As at the age of 20 I already had 2 handwork: Bricklaying (Which I learnt from my father) and plumbing (enrolled as a plumbing apprentice and graduated cos of the passion I have for it) With this skill I was able to earn some income which I later invested in some internet business that fetched me something big. At the age of 22 I made my first million naira, had a registered business, an office with 2 other partners. We were doing strictly internet business. Online payment merchant, e-currency, made some money via Google adsense etc. At the age of 24 I became broke and lost my business, went back to become a burden to my bricklayer father,one of the partners betrayed me. I learnt the hard way and moved on.

At 24 I started learning programming, read and watched tutorials like my life would end soon while still doing some internet businesses. At 26 I started getting web jobs and things started getting better.

Now I am 30, I am building my own house, I have 3 sources of income. As an internet entrepreneur I have apps and websites that will soon make me a billionaire in dollars.

I didn't further my education. I have been inside of a higher institution just twice when I went to visit a friend and when I went to conduct a seminar. I didn't even pass my WAEC. I have helped students of computer science with their school project severally.

My goal since I was 16 has been to become a billionaire in dollars without going to school. So I have not made it in life until I achieve this.

120 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 28, 2017
Prayer to God..... Hardwork. Patience.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by nwakibie3(m): 11:44am On Jul 28, 2017
I made it by yahoo yahoo grin grin

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by rozayx5(m): 11:44am On Jul 28, 2017
cheesy cheesy
I was born rich.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by EniHolar(f): 11:44am On Jul 28, 2017
Be positive
Have a goal
Work towards achieving it
Do away with distractions
Make wise use of any kobo you touch
Success is a thing of the mind

Though I'm still struggling, but I know someday, I'll get there... and I won't stop there. Success has no permanent destination. Someone just left where you got to.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by CAPTAIND5235(m): 11:44am On Jul 28, 2017
I met JESUS

19 Likes 2 Shares

Making a lot of mistakes...

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by MadCow1: 11:45am On Jul 28, 2017
Blessed.. I won't even lie..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by MrDandy(m): 11:45am On Jul 28, 2017
Lol.. dumpa*s question on fp
Re: How Did You Make It In Life? by wunmi590(m): 11:45am On Jul 28, 2017
God is still moulding me to my taste and His desired taste, so am not there yet, but still happy where I am today compared to those who are dead.

When their's life, theirs hope.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ghana Cedis Valuable Than Naira / Tony Elumelu Spent His Weekend With His Daughters (Photos) / Malta Guinness Stuns Lagos With Amazing New Concept (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.