Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Shock! It's An Order From Above For Mosques Not To Pay Electricity Bills - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shock! It's An Order From Above For Mosques Not To Pay Electricity Bills (4545 Views)

Nigeria: No Police, No Military, No Media. Just An Order. (photos) / 2020 Budget: Zamfara Earmarks ₦1 Billion For Mosques, Renovation Of Cemeteries / FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shock! It's An Order From Above For Mosques Not To Pay Electricity Bills by abdulwastecx(m): 7:54am On May 17, 2017
ettybaba:

St Theresa Christmas day bombing comes to mind.
It was a terrorist action by Boko haram, it is the responsibility of the government (federal government) to provide security for life and properties. What about the kano Jumaat mosque bombing?
Re: Shock! It's An Order From Above For Mosques Not To Pay Electricity Bills by ettybaba(m): 7:56am On May 17, 2017
abdulwastecx:

It was a terrorist action by Boko haram, it is the responsibility of the government (federal government) to provide security for life and properties. What about the kano Jumaat mosque bombing?

Do you know Suleja is a breeding ground for Boko Haram with enforcement of sharia?

2 Likes

Re: Shock! It's An Order From Above For Mosques Not To Pay Electricity Bills by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 7:56am On May 17, 2017
obonujoker:
I dont believe this.... there is no how a law abiding mosque won't pay for electricity, except govt is paying for them....
Re: Shock! It's An Order From Above For Mosques Not To Pay Electricity Bills by abdulwastecx(m): 8:12am On May 17, 2017
ettybaba:

Do you know Suleja is a breeding ground for Boko Haram with enforcement of sharia?

I don't know, please tell me
Re: Shock! It's An Order From Above For Mosques Not To Pay Electricity Bills by Nobody: 8:44am On May 17, 2017
Am a Christian and that's why I have to say the truth to the best of knowledge, I don't like suleja(bomb history;maybe) though I have been there a couple of times. Churches have more LOADS like acs, Loud speakers, Display Monitors etc averagely atimes but the mosque I know in the north hardly exceeds Speakers and fans maybe that is not a reason not to charge the mosque but the churches should be charged alot more judging from this features. Do I think suleja is safe now? I don't know but the terrain looks like a den. Do I think the north is tolerant? No. But they are easy going as long as religion is not involved. Do I think southeast is tolerant? No. They show disdain for especially the northerners unless you can conform to their ways. NB amam an ibo man with 23 in the northeast and 5 years in North Central
Re: Shock! It's An Order From Above For Mosques Not To Pay Electricity Bills by Nobody: 9:09am On May 17, 2017
Rotentina:
Fake news! I don't believe it.
as a Yoruba Muslim I never expect you to believe it, fake and hypocritical people.

3 Likes

Re: Shock! It's An Order From Above For Mosques Not To Pay Electricity Bills by sanandreas(m): 9:13am On May 17, 2017
Why should they not pay light bill? It is cheating.
Re: Shock! It's An Order From Above For Mosques Not To Pay Electricity Bills by Nbote(m): 9:39am On May 17, 2017
abdulwastecx:

I was born in Suleja and I have been living there for the past 31 years, I think I know what I'm talking about. when you talk about the people, what people are talking about? the Hausas don't make up more 40% and they mostly reside in the section of the town like emir's palace, dawaki, ansa dalatu, etc while more populous area like kwamba, gabodon, etc are dominated by Yorubas, other areas like Jubili, bakasi, back of hospital, madanla are dominated by igbos, other parts of the town are mixed.

I still stand by my point the, there is no religious intolerance in Suleja. the richest and famous business man is a Yoruba Christians (Oludele), the main market (IBB market) is dominated by Igbos how more tolerant do you want them to be?

And d fact dat d town is dominated by outsiders means dat they still don't fall under the control of the Emirate right? Was there an attack on St. Philips church in Bakin iku recently? And over what? We all know some of these things and are left with no option because na their place... The Emirate and it's ppl however few dey are still hold sway and do as dey will.. Hope U remember how old barracks was cleared and what recently happened there again.. I've witnessed firsthand how "dawaki" boys start fights in d Morocco road electronics line time and time again.. Tell me in all honesty dat there isn't always tension in d town whenever kaduna heats up.. There are many non indigenes who own businesses but does dat mean kaduna is divided along religious lines?
Re: Shock! It's An Order From Above For Mosques Not To Pay Electricity Bills by do4luv14(m): 9:43am On May 17, 2017
obonujoker:
I dont believe this.... there is no how a law abiding mosque won't pay for electricity, except govt is paying for them....

if govt is paying for the mosques, den that's the root of separation been planted,

cos its with same tax-payers money they are using,

if I were the pastor, I will depend on generator, and try to maintain it

1 Like

Re: Shock! It's An Order From Above For Mosques Not To Pay Electricity Bills by Nbote(m): 9:54am On May 17, 2017
abdulwastecx:

That is the problem with Nigeria, we always like at issues from only two point, which is left or right, black or white etc but the truth his there a countless number of ways to issue.

I consider blocking of highways for Jumat prayer extreme despite been a Muslim,
I consider all the countless noise emancipating from religious houses extreme
I consider singing and dancing to the extreme every day of week to be extreme

These are points that both muslim and Christians are quilty of, I have areas in suleja because both extreme muslim and christians

Blocking of major roads is different from singing and Dancing IN the church.. Maybe U haven't noticed churches have disconnected their external speakers because of such complaints but yet speakers from mosques still is d wake up tone in d town..Whether u want to admit it or not is totally up to u...

3 Likes

Re: Shock! It's An Order From Above For Mosques Not To Pay Electricity Bills by abdulwastecx(m): 9:57am On May 17, 2017
Nbote:

And d fact dat d town is dominated by outsiders means dat they still don't fall under the control of the Emirate right? Was there an attack on St. Philips church in Bakin iku recently? And over what? We all know some of these things and are left with no option because na their place... The Emirate and it's ppl however few dey are still hold sway and do as dey will.. Hope U remember how old barracks was cleared and what recently happened there again.. I've witnessed firsthand how "dawaki" boys start fights in d Morocco road electronics line time and time again.. Tell me in all honesty dat there isn't always tension in d town whenever kaduna heats up.. There are many non indigenes who own businesses but does dat mean kaduna is divided along religious lines?

I understand your point, but we can all agree that poverty, illiteracy, and religion differences are a very dangerous combination, the fact is some of the youth in suleja (mostly Hausa speaking youth) are uneducated and lacks opportunities and took to crime, these are the bunch that the government need to be aware of.

The introduction of sharia was a political strategy and it has stalled the development of the town, we know the problem of Nigeria, how people always use religion to cause trouble and achieve a personal objective. Suleja is not immune to all this problem being a melting center of ethnic group and culture.

1 Like

Re: Shock! It's An Order From Above For Mosques Not To Pay Electricity Bills by salam1(m): 10:08am On May 17, 2017
SirJeffry:
Nigeria as a country is a scam. A country where the president is too sick to work but healthy enough to attend mosque prayers and now this.

I wish the condition of the nation affects only those that voted for this change.

say d truth its not the president u v problem with, ur major grudge is with Islam but the truth is dere is nothing u can do with Islam, so bounce

1 Like

Re: Shock! It's An Order From Above For Mosques Not To Pay Electricity Bills by tifany89(m): 10:12am On May 17, 2017
abdulwastecx:

What excesses? You have igbos buying property, building houses, going to government funded schools without any problem. I was born and bred in suleja, I have spend a larger percentage of my adulthood in around suleja and I haven't come across anyone complaining of being marginalized.

During my secondary school days, with have more igbos/South South class mate than hausas or Nupe, there are more area with substantial igbo population than hausas, there are more churches than mosque, igbos buy land cheaper and easier than a northerner will do in the east. What else do you want?
Why are you just mentioning Igbos up n down in ur post? It's even possible the guy u quoted isn't igbo. Ndi yoruba and their fixation on Igbos. Na real wa

1 Like

Re: Shock! It's An Order From Above For Mosques Not To Pay Electricity Bills by tifany89(m): 10:16am On May 17, 2017
abdulwastecx:

Don't mind them, I don't know why people fan hatred and want problem when their brethren benefits more from our present arrangements.

I have been to all the south eastern States and most northern States and can say which people are more tolerant and open minded.

North has problem of illiteracy and religious extremism but it is still one of the most safest place to live
Just look at the rubbish you are spewing. Your hatred for Igbos will always make you foolish Afonjas turn truth on its head. So north is now more safe than east? Nothing we wldnt hear on this forum. Tell dat those all dose who have lost their lives senselessly in one way or the other. I actually don't blame you. It's very hard to ignore these people with their lies, very hard
Re: Shock! It's An Order From Above For Mosques Not To Pay Electricity Bills by Nobody: 10:17am On May 17, 2017
Hmm,mosques pay electricity bills. Stop spreading false informations...
Re: Shock! It's An Order From Above For Mosques Not To Pay Electricity Bills by Nbote(m): 10:35am On May 17, 2017
abdulwastecx:

I understand your point, but we can all agree that poverty, illiteracy, and religion differences are a very dangerous combination, the fact is some of the youth in suleja (mostly Hausa speaking youth) are uneducated and lacks opportunities and took to crime, these are the bunch that the government need to be aware of.

The introduction of sharia was a political strategy and it has stalled the development of the town, we know the problem of Nigeria, how people always use religion to cause trouble and achieve a personal objective. Suleja is not immune to all this problem being a melting center of ethnic group and culture.

Now u get my point...
Re: Shock! It's An Order From Above For Mosques Not To Pay Electricity Bills by abdulwastecx(m): 11:25am On May 17, 2017
Nbote:

Now u get my point...

Yes, you are right
Re: Shock! It's An Order From Above For Mosques Not To Pay Electricity Bills by abdulwastecx(m): 11:28am On May 17, 2017
tifany89:

Just look at the rubbish you are spewing. Your hatred for Igbos will always make you foolish Afonjas turn truth on its head. So north is now more safe than east? Nothing we wldnt hear on this forum. Tell dat those all dose who have lost their lives senselessly in one way or the other. I actually don't blame you. It's very hard to ignore these people with their lies, very hard

I don't hate igbos, I love them as fellow Nigerians.
Why should I worry myself hating on people that haven't done me wrong or stolen from me?

When I look at people, I look individual and I judge people base on individual characters and what they can offer

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shock! It's An Order From Above For Mosques Not To Pay Electricity Bills by tifany89(m): 12:37pm On May 17, 2017
abdulwastecx:

I don't hate igbos, I love them as fellow Nigerians.
Why should I worry myself hating on people that haven't done me wrong or stolen from me?

When I look at people, I look individual and I judge people base on individual characters and what they can offer
Yeah right tell that to the birds. So why den bring Igbo into ur discussion? It didn't even remotely occurred to you that the person u quoted might be yoruba abi? And den you went on to say the north is more safe Dan the east. Judge yourself by yourself, do u think u are normal?
Re: Shock! It's An Order From Above For Mosques Not To Pay Electricity Bills by remedick: 1:11pm On May 17, 2017
obonujoker:
u dey mind bloggers?
Re: Shock! It's An Order From Above For Mosques Not To Pay Electricity Bills by dokiOloye(m): 3:27pm On May 17, 2017
Nbote:

Blocking of major roads is different from singing and Dancing IN the church.. Maybe U haven't noticed churches have disconnected their external speakers because of such complaints but yet speakers from mosques still is d wake up tone in d town..Whether u want to admit it or not is totally up to u...
I recently moved from Gwarimpa to Karu and apart from electricity wc is more in Karu, another source of joy is not being woken up by blaring loudspeakers every blessed morning.
And I am talking about a street where Senator Wabara and some of the 1999-2003 set of senators have houses.
To me,that was another form of terrorism cos there was also a redeemed parish in d same street but except for a signpost and d occasional long line of cars parked nearby,u hardly know there there is a church there.
But the alakuba ppl,their own is a different thing.It wasn't even a big mosque,just a small space created by one of them near his house and I lived 10 houses away but d speaker was always sounding as if it was inside my bedroom.
Re: Shock! It's An Order From Above For Mosques Not To Pay Electricity Bills by Nbote(m): 4:34pm On May 17, 2017
dokiOloye:
I recently moved from Gwarimpa to Karu and apart from electricity wc is more in Karu, another source of joy is not being woken up by blaring loudspeakers every blessed morning.
And I am talking about a street where Senator Wabara and some of the 1999-2003 set of senators have houses.
To me,that was another form of terrorism cos there was also a redeemed parish in d same street but except for a signpost and d occasional long line of cars parked nearby,u hardly know there there is a church there.
But the alakuba ppl,their own is a different thing.It wasn't even a big mosque,just a small space created by one of them near his house and I lived 10 houses away but d speaker was always sounding as if it was inside my bedroom.

Dats d new form of "mosquing" . In my area of over a thousand houses in dis same suleja, there's a "house" mosque almost on every street and yet dey've strictly banned/prohibited d citing of any church whatsoever in d entirety of d area... Some of us know these truths but would rather make excuses..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra Can Only Be Achieved By WAR / Nigeria Can Become A Well Developed Country / APC Postpones State Congresses By Two Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.