Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,636 members, 7,801,835 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' (9569 Views)

Poll: How do you view Songs of Solomon? As love between:

a man and woman: 74% (40 votes)
God and mankind: 25% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Happy Sunday: Is Having Sex As Couple Before Going To Church Godly Or Ungodly? / Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? / Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by netotse(m): 12:54pm On Jan 14, 2010
would someone please show me. . .how solomon is trying to toast another man's woman, the beloved is the shunamite right? then who is loved? solomon or the sheperd boy? and where is the 3rd person?
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by Marlbron: 4:29pm On Jan 14, 2010
Perhaps this book more than anything else illustrates the futility of believing the entire bible as scripture. Some were written history, and poetry while others are a combination of history and scripture. This book, SOS describes a love tango in fine prose but has no bearing to the message of our Lord's death and the need to be imbdued with the Holy Spirit.
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by selencious(f): 5:07pm On Jan 14, 2010
There is no scripture in the bible that is unholy. It is just that people interprete and read it the wrong way. The bible says, my people die of lack of wisdom.
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by HeroKing: 5:37pm On Jan 14, 2010
The book "SOS" in the bible is in no way ungodly. The perception is due to the misunderstanding of the passages therein by many and also, people tend to read cultural meanings to it.

By cultural, I mean, we tend to relate with the passages with our own cultural believes. In most areas of our part of the world - Africa, it is like a taboo to talk about sexuality. Most people can bear me out. Most parents don't talk about it. Most parent call the privates funny names rather than say what the names really are. Any parent on this forum who has taught his/her "about to wed" child how to perform the sexual act should come out to confirm please. It is still a "no go area"

Over time, we have grown to see anyone discussing these issues as unholy, unfortunately, we have included the bible as well, but the we cannot be holier than God.

The bible is God's words and it is a complete book of life. It is a manual for his creation, so it is complete. Some sections are specific on what not to do, what to do, etc as far as issues of relationship are concerned. See Lev. 18 for example. Most parts of that passage are telling of "what not to do" while most part of the SOS are on "how to do".

It may also assit our understanding if we read some other passages in the Bible to get the real meanings of some of the sayings in SOS. For example, read Proverbs 5:15 -20. We all know what a "cistern" is. It later went further in verse 19 to tell the meaning of the proverb - "19 Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love" This does not make the Bible book of Proverbs ungodly.

Hope this adds to the body of our knowledge here.
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by selencious(f): 5:42pm On Jan 14, 2010
@ Poster, think before you post; especially when it has got to do with the bible. So, you don't sin against the holy spirit.
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by na2day2(m): 5:46pm On Jan 14, 2010
selencious:

@ Poster, think before you post; especially when it has got to do with the bible. So, you don't sin against the holy spirit.

hopefully u think b4 u post, do u know what is the "sin against the holy spirit" is? according to Jesus, such sin in not forgiven, so u better not get to that stage in ur life where u actually sinned against the holy spirit
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by guysmat(m): 6:02pm On Jan 14, 2010
First of all, let's do logical reasoning.

Who was the author of Song of Solomon (aka SOS)? Solomon right,

How wise was he?

Has any other human (dead or alive) been able to match his wisdom?

I don't think so. He (Solomon) asked for wisdom and he was abundantly blessed with it.

So how can we in our own meager and feeble and perhaps learned sense of reasoning consider that SOS is ungodly/unholy?

We've not even started to fully understand the scriptures yet.

Now to the book: SOS.

In my own opinion, SOS is to teach you very stiff-church-going-married-couples or even singles (no offense intended) how to be romantic with each other.

Some people get married and subconsciously maintain that "mind set" that sex (love making) is a bad/dirty thing.

Haven't you ever wondered (after entering some homes or even meet some couples in church), how/why they even got married in the first place.
Talk less of how or if they still make love. You don't feel any vibes between them to tell you that these people adore each other
(I'm not saying they are bad people; far from it).

It's just that they've taken the church work (and they aren't even pastors) so seriously that they miss out in the little things that keep the flames of a good marriage or relationship going. They've forgotten or mentally suppressed the art of "toasting" or appreciating one another.

That art comes naturally to some people while other have to learn it. Stick to your SOS verses and learn from the Master  grin wink

For the women:

Take your dressing for example. You may not have much (financially speaking) but the colors of what you wear matter.

Some colors make you happy, and some depress you. This effect is contagious and spreads to people around you.
So, what is it with those black gloomy head-ties that some women keep on wearing (especially to church) as if someone died? How is that suppose to inspire one's husband to say sweet and heart moving words of love and comfort to the wife?

And what about that hairdo?
Have you ever notice how some hair styles you carry bring positive compliments while others bring,  NOTHING   Just a quick glance from onlookers,  nothing more. A times you're force to ask your man if he notices anything different about you  undecided

Just as a smile can light up a room, so too can gloom depress a gathering.

What about your house? Is there always laughter is is it always gloomy or is it a war zone you alway dread going back to after work? Change your curtains or something, read the SOS and you might learn a thing or 2 on what to say. Be inspired.

On to the GUYS:

In a psychologist line of work, one realizes that when it comes to love making, a lot of men know next to nothing about pre-intimacy. You could even go through the foreplaying without concluding in love making. Wifey would seriously appreciate it the effort.

There's this common occurrence once a couple gets married.
The ambiance of the marriage tends to decay. That energy used to purse and woo the wife seems to have disappeared.
It could occur shortly or some years after the marriage.
It's the "I have arrived/achieved" syndrome that's taking place.

Small "case study". In the morning, a lot of us start cars and leave the engine running in order for it to warm up and be ready for optimum use.

So also does a woman require warming up (pre-intimacy before actual love making); but impatience is what abounds  cry . It's so easy for a guy to take his weapon into the "trench" to do battle but without first without softening the ground, there will always be obstacles to overcome. Why not toast her  wink, whisper sweet nothings  kiss, do the necking  tongue and finish your trench warfare from there?   cheesy  wink

Read the SOS from time to time. It's all in there.  cheesy. This is an endless gist but this is the much I can spare for now.

SOS is a good book or else it wouldn't have made it into the bible. Its application is the key.

Enjoy.
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by Renz(m): 6:17pm On Jan 14, 2010
In my Observation I presume the poster lacks the Holy Spirit. Ask and it shall be given to you.

I also doubt the fact that the poster is a Christian / a believer of the Word of God, for if she really is she should no where or whom to direct this question to or seek understanding and not come here to seek opinions that match her's.

The Holy Bible is the only book that has withstood the test of time.

Mere men understands mere language and not Heavenly Language. You need the Holy Spirit to comprehend Heavenly Language.

20 Pastor's will read a particular verse and will all explain it in different ways according to the understanding how the Spirit leads them.
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by selencious(f): 6:35pm On Jan 14, 2010
That's exactly what im saying to the Poster. Such Sin is not forgiven. The bible is the holy book of God, written with the help of the holy spirit. Anyone who hereby says any book in the bible is unholy or ungodly is inviting the curse of God upon him or herself,  Most people do not know the reason behind their backwardness in life, the tongue is "a fire, a world of iniquity, a deadly poison. It can save you and can destroy you. Think before you post
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by Mavenb0x(m): 6:45pm On Jan 14, 2010
Guyzmat, Renz and Selencious:

Did you people read the "Edit" notes under the OP's initial post? undecided undecided undecided

JeSoul is one of the (few?) practicing Christians I have met here on Nairaland, and she did not really mean Ungodly or unholy. She meant it "in quote", so-to-speak. Some people see the SOS as unholy, and that was what she meant. If you really read through the consequent posts, you will see that people just DID NOT get her point. And neither did the three of you.

I speak for her because I know that is not her mindset.
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by na2day2(m): 6:47pm On Jan 14, 2010
selencious:

That's exactly what im saying to the Poster. Such Sin is not forgiven. The bible is the holy book of God, written with the help of the holy spirit. Anyone who hereby says any book in the bible is unholy or ungodly is inviting the curse of God upon him or herself,  Most people do not know the reason behind their backwardness in life, the tongue is "a fire, a world of iniquity, a deadly poison. It can save you and can destroy you. Think before you post

may be u shld read her post well, she never called SOS unholy
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by na2day2(m): 6:50pm On Jan 14, 2010
Mavenb0x:

Guyzmat, Renz and Selencious:

Did you people read the "Edit" notes under the OP's initial post? undecided undecided undecided

JeSoul is one of the (few?) practicing Christians I have met here on Nairaland
, and she did not really mean Ungodly or unholy. She meant it "in quote", so-to-speak. Some people see the SOS as unholy, and that was what she meant. If you really read through the consequent posts, you will see that people just DID NOT get her point. And neither did the three of you.

I speak for her because I know that is not her mindset.

are u saying i am not a christian? angry angry angry angry
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by SeanT21(f): 6:53pm On Jan 14, 2010
na2day?:

are u saying i am not a christian? angry angry angry angry

ahh, must everything be about U. tongue
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by guysmat(m): 7:20pm On Jan 14, 2010
Hey, lets not turn this thing into WWF grin

Everyone is simple sharing his/her opinion on how the SOS is understood from one's own point of view. undecided
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by Mavenb0x(m): 7:58pm On Jan 14, 2010
@na2day: LOL na2day? Your name is so apt in this case. I have never met you, so to speak, so how can I tell that?

@SeanT21: kiss Lovey, thanks for coming to my aid. *Call you in less than an hour, sis*
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by JeSoul(f): 9:33pm On Jan 14, 2010
netotse:

would someone please show me. . .how solomon is trying to toast another man's woman, the beloved is the shunamite right? then who is loved? solomon or the sheperd boy? and where is the 3rd person?
Hey Netotse!

Check this out:  http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Song%20of%20Solomon%201&version=ESV   Its SOS in the ESVersion and it gives titles/descriptions of the different poems so you know who's talking at what point. Godbless and happy reading smiley.
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by AKO1(m): 9:34pm On Jan 14, 2010
Much of what I was going to say has already been said.

Its only because Jesus did not get married. If He did and some of his 'toasting' was recorded, SOS would be childsplay.
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by JeSoul(f): 9:35pm On Jan 14, 2010
TrueSeeker:

Though I appreciate the comments of above named persons, I will like to include my comment bellow for the sake of clarification.

“THE whole world was not worthy of the day in which this sublime Song was given to Israel.” Thus the Jewish “rabbi” Akiba, who lived in the first century of the Common Era, expressed his appreciation for The Song of Solomon. The book’s title is a contraction of the opening words, “The superlative song, which is Solomon’s.” According to the Hebrew word-for-word text, it is the “Song of the songs,” denoting superlative excellence, similar to the expression “heavens of the heavens,” for the highest heavens. (Deut. 10:14) It is not a collection of songs but one song, “a song of the utmost perfection, one of the best that existed, or had ever been penned.”

King Solomon of Jerusalem was the writer of this song, as is borne out by its introduction. He was highly qualified to write this supremely beautiful example of Hebrew poetry. (1 Ki. 4:32) It is an idyllic poem loaded with meaning and most colorful in its description of beauty. The reader who can visualize the Oriental setting will appreciate this still more. (Song of Sol. 4:11, 13; 5:11; 7:4) The occasion for its writing was a unique one. The great king Solomon, glorious in wisdom, mighty in power, and dazzling in the luster of his material wealth, which evoked the admiration even of the queen of Sheba, could not impress a simple country girl with whom he fell in love. Because of the constancy of her love for a shepherd boy, the king lost out. The book, therefore, could rightly be called The Song of Solomon’s Frustrated Love. Jehovah God inspired him to compose this song for the benefit of Bible readers of the ages to follow. By the time he wrote the song, Solomon had “sixty queens and eighty concubines,” compared with “seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines” at the end of his reign.—Song of Sol. 6:8; 1 Ki. 11:3.

WHY BENEFICIAL

What lessons are taught in this song of love that the man of God might find beneficial today? Faithfulness, loyalty, and integrity to godly principles are clearly shown. The song teaches the beauty of virtue and innocence in a true lover. It teaches that genuine love remains unconquerable, inextinguishable, unpurchasable. Young Christian men and women as well as husbands and wives can benefit from this fitting example of integrity when temptations arise and allurements present themselves.

But this inspired song is also most beneficial for the Christian congregation as a whole. It was recognized as part of the inspired Scriptures by the Christians of the first century, one of whom wrote: “All the things that were written aforetime were written for our instruction, that through our endurance and through the comfort from the Scriptures we might have hope.” (Rom. 15:4) This same inspired writer, Paul, could well have had in mind the Shulammite girl’s exclusive love for her shepherd when he wrote to the Christian congregation: “For I am jealous over you with a godly jealousy, for I personally promised you in marriage to one husband that I might present you as a chaste virgin to the Christ.” Paul also wrote of the love of Christ for the congregation as that of a husband for a wife. (2 Cor. 11:2; Eph. 5:23-27) Not only is Jesus Christ the Fine Shepherd for them but he is also their King who holds out to his anointed followers the indescribable joy of “marriage” with him in the heavens.—Rev. 19:9; John 10:11.

Certainly these anointed followers of Christ Jesus can benefit much from the example of the Shulammite girl. They also must be loyal in their love, unenticed by the materialistic glitter of the world, keeping balance in their integrity clear through to the attainment of the reward. They have their minds set on the things above and ‘seek first the Kingdom.’ They welcome the loving endearments of their Shepherd, Jesus Christ. They are overjoyed in knowing that this dear one, though unseen, is close beside them, calling on them to take courage and conquer the world. Having that unquenchable love, as strong as “the flame of Jah,” for their Shepherd King, they will indeed overcome and be united with him as fellow heirs in the glorious Kingdom of the heavens. Thus will Jah’s name be sanctified!—Matt. 6:33; John 16:33.

This was a very very good read! thanks Seeker.

And No2A, I def caught your entries too and you're right on the money when you say a lot of the problem arises because of the degenerate state of our minds when we read that book.
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by JeSoul(f): 9:38pm On Jan 14, 2010
A_K_O:

Much of what I was going to say has already been said.

Its only because[b] Jesus did not get married. If He did and some of his 'toasting' was recorded, SOS would be childsplay.[/b]
grin Lol
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by TV01(m): 11:25pm On Jan 14, 2010
Hi JeSoul,

Please, do go there. I would like as much practical, theoretical and spiritual knowledge and wisdom be gleaned from SOS on this thread. I'd like christians to look beyond the surface and find out how much they can really learn.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll try and explore further if time permits.

Oh wow. You're a proper Boston cat for real lol. I'm pretty much a westside dweller. When I worked in Watertown for 2 yrs I considered moving permanently to the city but it was going to cost an arm and a foot to live in a decent area. I'm back to Worcester now and frequent downtown mostly for concerts and above all to see the Celtics play at tha garden! lol. Beantown is just as vibrant, some major upgrades were done about the Seaport hotel (I forget the name of the street now) and it is so downright gorgeous it should be a crime. I have some pictures if you'd like to see . . . 

Yeah lived it, loved it. Fond, fond memories. I was familiar with the 'burbs too. Most of the indigenes lived out of town, so I was always out there for bbq's parties and stuff.

I recieved a really glossy picture book as one of my leaving presies. Hancock Tower - and yes I made it to the top floor restaurant - etc. Love to see some up to date pics, but we mustn't get tagged as derailers 0! But then I guess it is your thread right?

God bless
TV
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by No2Atheism(m): 12:29am On Jan 15, 2010
@Renz

- I sincerely think hope you know what you are talking about . . .

- Do you even know the meaning of sarcasm . . . at all.

- The poster was trying to convey a sarcastic message showing the holier than thou attitude of christians towards the Songs of Solomon.

- Yet once again you just showed the same holier than thou attitude that we are talking about . . .

- what gives you the right to claim that someone does not have the Holy Spirit . . .

- Do you yourself have the holy spirit . . .or how dare you accuse Jesoul of such a thing . . .

- Are you trying to tell me that the holy spirit directed you to pass judgement on Jesoul . . .

- Are you trying to tell me that the Holy Spirit directed you to term/consider legitimate highly playful scenariosTM between a man and his wife . . . as a matter of sin.

- Are you trying to tell me that Abraham committed sin by playing with Sarah  . . . (notice i did not say sleep with Sarah . . . I said play with Sarah)

- You do not know her personally hence I take objection to your statement concerning her . . .

- You better apologise to her before I case the Pharasee Spirit out of you . . .

- Did The Creator tell us to pray and fast wen he told man to be fruitful and multiply or was he refering to the fact that highly playful scenariosTM before the knowingTM between a man and his wife, is biblically allowed.

- If you are married, do you pray and fast before highly playful scenariosTM prior to knowingTM your wife . . .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am disgusted that you have the guts to try to claim a holier than thou attitude towards Jesoul. . . you are lucky I am not Jesoul's husband to be . . . I would have personally gathered a group of highly dedicated prayer warriors to bind and loose that Pharasee spirit out of you . . .  angry

----------------------------------------------

@selencious @guyzmat

Please take note of my above ranting or else you are next . . .
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by No2Atheism(m): 12:35am On Jan 15, 2010
@Jesoul . . . I have read the emails . . . hence I am waiting for the response to the other emails . . .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

To other individuals who have a dirty mind like I do . . . do yourself a favour and obey the following advise.

1st Commandment of Nairaland:

THOU SHALT NOT FLIRT . . .
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by No2Atheism(m): 12:39am On Jan 15, 2010
JeSoul:

This was a very very good read! thanks Seeker.

And No2A, I def caught your entries too and you're right on the money when you say a lot of the problem arises because of the degenerate state of our minds when we read that book.

Exactly . . . that is why I personally know that if pregnancy is wirelessly obtained merely by the thoughts of a man . . . I would have become a Biological Father by now . . cus damn . . . my mind  sad sad sad needs to be thoroughly formated, null-written, then formatted again and then washed with bleach and then finally rebooted.
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by No2Atheism(m): 1:24am On Jan 15, 2010
JeSoul:

Maven, fabulous does not begin to describe you  kiss

Is this a Sister - Sister no mens allowed kinda chat or wat . . . grin . . . me I am a gbeborun . . .
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by Mavenb0x(m): 1:35am On Jan 15, 2010
Kai! No2Atheism has converted this thread into his graffiti book grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by GL(f): 1:37am On Jan 15, 2010
@ topic,

not all christians shy away from songs of solomon. my pastor did a series on it last year and it was nice. i didn't attend all the services but the ones i attended were really good, he related everything to relationships between man & God, and man & woman. i've never found it interesting enough to read past the first chapter, but i certainly don't think it's ungodly or unholy. i kinda see it as an ancient romance book, and i'm not a huge fan of historical romance. plus it's quite hard to read it in KJV, the Message bible makes it a little more interesting.
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by No2Atheism(m): 4:54am On Jan 15, 2010
@Jesoul

Which of Paul Washer's messages should I start with . . . there is a lot of them . . . an i sincerely do not know where to start from . . .
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by Mavenb0x(m): 5:55am On Jan 15, 2010
@No2Atheism: Hey I didn't mean to be nasty, and I'm really sorry. Below is some really good stuff right here, bro.

http://www.joshharris.com/2007/02/feeding_the_flesh.php

In view of some of your above posts, I think you will also find these useful.

http://www.covlife.org/resources/series/Purity

or, if you prefer to check out the messages one by one,

http://www.covlife.org/resources/2831357-WisdomGuided_Sexuality
God calls Christians to pay close attention to God's truth about sex.

http://www.covlife.org/resources/2671290-The_Truth_About_Temptation
Joshua Harris teaches on a passage that helps us understand how to think about temptation in light of the real temptations the Corinthians faced and in light of our freedoms as believers in Christ.

http://www.covlife.org/resources/2671297-Holiness_and_Media
Joshua Harris teaches us four things that holiness requires as it specifically relates to our cultures emphasis on TV and movies.

http://www.covlife.org/resources/2671300-Resisting_Lust
Joshua Harris continues the series on purity and leads us in considering how lust deceives us and how we can learn to resist it.

http://www.covlife.org/resources/2671296-Pressing_on_in_Holiness
In the final message in our Purity series, Joshua Harris considers further reasons for pressing into holiness: for God's glory, fellow Christians, and the lost.

I also recommend Joshua Harris' really wonderful books: I Kissed Dating Goodbye, Sex is not the Problem (Lust is) and Boy meets Girl.
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by victichy: 6:08am On Jan 15, 2010
I think that part of the bible is purposely dedicated to wooing chicks.
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by Anabel(f): 7:23am On Jan 15, 2010
Holy or Unholy, if there is nothing to learn from it, it wom't be there, it show the total affection between a man and a woman, the Bible is not all about God's love for man, it is also about man's love for women grin grin
Re: That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' by No2Atheism(m): 8:24am On Jan 15, 2010
Mavenb0x:

@No2Atheism: Hey I didn't mean to be nasty, and I'm really sorry. Below is some really good stuff right here, bro.

- No probs its all in good faith . . .funny enough I did not even think anything of it until u mentioned it.

-------------------------------------------

Mavenb0x:

http://www.joshharris.com/2007/02/feeding_the_flesh.php

In view of some of your above posts, I think you will also find these useful.

http://www.covlife.org/resources/series/Purity

or, if you prefer to check out the messages one by one,

http://www.covlife.org/resources/2831357-WisdomGuided_Sexuality
God calls Christians to pay close attention to God's truth about sex.

http://www.covlife.org/resources/2671290-The_Truth_About_Temptation
Joshua Harris teaches on a passage that helps us understand how to think about temptation in light of the real temptations the Corinthians faced and in light of our freedoms as believers in Christ.

http://www.covlife.org/resources/2671297-Holiness_and_Media
Joshua Harris teaches us four things that holiness requires as it specifically relates to our cultures emphasis on TV and movies.

http://www.covlife.org/resources/2671300-Resisting_Lust
Joshua Harris continues the series on purity and leads us in considering how lust deceives us and how we can learn to resist it.

http://www.covlife.org/resources/2671296-Pressing_on_in_Holiness
In the final message in our Purity series, Joshua Harris considers further reasons for pressing into holiness: for God's glory, fellow Christians, and the lost.

I also recommend Joshua Harris' really wonderful books: I Kissed Dating Goodbye, Sex is not the Problem (Lust is) and Boy meets Girl.

- Thanks . . .

- Would give those links a check . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

. / The Holy Prophet TB Joshua Is More Than The Greatest Anointed Pastor Today ! / 8 Important Ways To Manage Your Time As Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.