Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience (40359 Views)

5 Common Phone Charging Mistakes / Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia / Overnight Phone Charging Causes The Demise Of Seven (7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Hassan080196(m): 10:54am On May 18, 2017
9ja4show:

Not everyone can afford an iPhone Mr talkative ,morever gionee & infinix has more features than iPhone

grin cheesy grin I laugh in Chinese.... pls receive sense now.
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by emynike2001(m): 10:55am On May 18, 2017
Ok oooo
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by kizzykeziah: 11:01am On May 18, 2017
Err, I bought an itel 7inch tab i702 in January but recently I've been having some issues with it's charging....

The battery % just won't increase sometimes during overnight charging. Is that what you'd call "self-regulation"?

PS;I really don't know much about the manufacturers as someone got it for me on " trust "
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by kpaofame: 11:04am On May 18, 2017
Nigerians jumping to talk trash here... No problem na everything una go use form class..

The problem was the charger...Fake charger simple....
It can happen to any Phone... My elder bro Samsung just stopped working without falling or overcharged or whatever.... Took two months for Samsung care to replace the device...some Samsung product have also been reported to be mini-IED...If it was another product you people will not allow someone to rest... Abeg make una park well jare..
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by 9ja4show: 11:05am On May 18, 2017
Hassan080196:

grin cheesy grin I laugh in Chinese.... pls receive sense now.

You have something to masturbate with abi? Idiot
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Nobody: 11:10am On May 18, 2017
Nastydroid:
original equipment by manufacturer.
are u fu!cking seriouz?? U must be joking aint you?
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by juliuscapps(m): 11:16am On May 18, 2017
[quote author=Naijaarchive post=56631625]How can one Not charge overnight in Nigeria... Been charging my Huawei Ascend overnight almost every day since 2015... The charger hasn't blown self... Not to talk of the phone.. Are u sure the charger or phone is original? [/զʊօtɛ

ɦaʋɛ ɮɛɛռ ċɦaʀɢiռɢ ʍʏ ɦʊaաɛi ʏ6 քʀօ aռɖ ռօ issʊɛ... I tɦiռҡ it ɦas tօ ɖօ աitɦ tɦɛ քɦօռɛ...
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by jaymichael(m): 11:22am On May 18, 2017
ddjay:
a 2014/2015 Samsung, Sony, lg,htc is better than a weak, frail,sensitive, infinix, tecno and etc of 2019/2020 with no surge control, over charge control.if its sony, the phone won't charge if the power is higher or lower than normal
I DON START FIGHT BA,OYA NA BEGIN ABUSE ME UNA HEAR
You no lie at all. I use Infinix hot 4 but those Samsung, LG, Sony, HTC dey better by far them no be mate. Some MTK phones dey try sha like Gionee. I have used and recommended so many to many people and there isn't any regrets so far. I hear xiaomi too is good.
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Beorn: 11:44am On May 18, 2017
baba4thegehs:
China phone plus fake charger equals disaster.

I'm not surprised.

Original chargers have regulators even if there is a power surge it's output doesn't change.

Buy OEM stop buying all these China brands with mediocre components embedded inside the phone.

I once used Tecno C8, the phone just crashed just like that after an OTA update ever since then I don't do MTKs

Unfortunately you learnt the hard way.

Sorry Chap

What's "OEM"?
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by baba4thegehs: 11:57am On May 18, 2017
Beorn:

What's "OEM"?

Original Equipment manufacturer. Petty Question
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Lionofdjungle: 12:39pm On May 18, 2017
Sorry about that; e dey pain me o gangan. I'm equally guilty of overnight charging. I'll turn over a new leaf.
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by bamdly(m): 12:52pm On May 18, 2017
this thread is full of nonsense comment
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by yarimo(m): 1:05pm On May 18, 2017
kullozone:
Nothing can stop me from charging my phone over night sha.
you are right nothing can stop you, until you experience what OP experience abi?
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by kamossreal(m): 1:17pm On May 18, 2017
So all this Yeye LG, Sony, HTC no go spoil one way or the other... ..na HTC sef worst pass in terms of charging
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Alfred234(m): 3:17pm On May 18, 2017
my bro used that same Hot 2 and i can't count how many times he charged it overnight without any issue so don't generalize this matter
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by nopretense: 3:23pm On May 18, 2017
baba4thegehs:

I'm not surprised.

Original chargers have regulators even if there is a power surge it's output doesn't change.

Buy Original phone brands, stop buying all these China brands with mediocre components embedded inside the phone

I once used Tecno C8, the phone just crashed one morning just like that after an OTA update ever since then I don't do MTKs

Unfortunately you learnt the hard way. embarassed

Sorry Chap

Modified: FTC after months I joined Nairaland. I dedicate this space to my Unborn Child, It will be part of his inheritance. Nobaga should trespass grin
Which phone brand do u recommend?
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 18, 2017
Princeboca12:

Baba u go sell ur phone

How much do you have.... Still new. Planned updating to nougat 7.0 tonight

Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Princeboca12(m): 3:50pm On May 18, 2017
Justice96:

How much do you have.... Still new. Planned updating to nougat 7.0 tonight

Where's your location and how much do u intend selling... May i have ur number
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by kullozone(m): 4:00pm On May 18, 2017
yarimo:
you are right nothing can stop you, until you experience what OP experience abi?

Yea
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 18, 2017
Princeboca12:

Where's your location and how much do u intend selling... May i have ur number

80k 64gb

Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Icon79(m): 4:11pm On May 18, 2017
Yours is definitely a fake China phone. Or maybe you're using a bootleg charger.

I leave my new iPhone on the charger overnight all the time and I've never had any problems.

O pari
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Princeboca12(m): 4:16pm On May 18, 2017
Justice96:

80k 64gb
Can i have ur number
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by rt4465: 4:23pm On May 18, 2017
win big today for a total financial turn up

Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by vislabraye(m): 4:45pm On May 18, 2017
ShinyJay22:
It seemed to me as though i was in a dream cos i couldn't believe i was going to be in this kind of situation that sunday morning (30th of april 2017).

Some hours before then i had been keeping tabs on the boxing bout between A.j & Klitchko via nland with my infinix hot 2. Around 11pm after the bout i was feeling dizzy due to long hours of being wide awake, so i then decide to go to bed.

Meanwhile,my phone was at 50% charge at the time but due to the unpredictable nature of our guys (nepa or whatever the name they choose to call themselves) i decided to plug my device whilst i go to sleep (big mistake).

That was how i woke up on Sunday around 8am, after observing a lil meditation i decided to go for my phone. On picking it up first thing i observed was that my phone was switched off. That's when i sensed danger (because i didn't switch my phone off in the first place). I then tried to switch it on but it didn't come up but rather my screen backlight was flashing on and off in sync with the back cameras flash light.

I later checked my charger only to discover that it had blown overnight, that was when my worst fear was confirmed. I proceeded to check if it was a minor problem that could easily be fixed but i found out the power surge had damaged the phones panel therefore rendering it irreparable.

Thats my story nlanders. If anyone had told me i'd lose my device to overnight charging i would have laughed it off but that's where i'm at today.

Therefore, I decided to share my story with you guys so that you may learn from my error. Good day guys.

It has nothing to do with overnight charging. It's most likely the charger was faulty or the voltage supplied was not good for the fone.
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by OHIsIManuEL(m): 5:16pm On May 18, 2017
Hassan080196:

Perhaps you're using perforated Samsung.
you guys have started again, what do you mean?
was it not samsung that released bombs as phones last year, if it was all these smaller brands, we won't hear word again.
take a chill pill jor
thank you
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Stevengold(m): 5:20pm On May 18, 2017
Everyone is condemig China phones, I had an iPhone 4s that went totally off when plugged, I had to sell it in parts. The truth js, use an original charger. They have strong capacitors. I'm an LG fan, but ever since my LG G2 starts overheating and battery drain, I had to switch to tecno w5 at least I have peace of mind. Advice would be, use what ur comfortable with.
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Kcosmos: 5:30pm On May 18, 2017
baba4thegehs:

I'm not surprised.

Original phone chargers have inbuilt regulators, even if there is a power surge it's output doesn't change.

Buy Original phone brands, stop buying all these China brands with mediocre components embedded inside the phone
See Ur mouth...China phone fake charger... which one u get?....

I once used Tecno C8, the phone just crashed one morning just like that after an OTA update ever since then I don't do MTKs

Sorry Chap

Modified: FTC after months I joined Nairaland. I dedicate this space to my Unborn Child, It will be part of his/her inheritance. Nobaga should trespass grin
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by OHIsIManuEL(m): 5:33pm On May 18, 2017
Abudu2000:
I don't know when people will ever learn that Chinese are wack.America onces made mockery that they are not afraid of their bombs coz they know Chinese quality is next to zero....

Buy quality phones, htc,lg,samsung...infact now that unremovable battery is the trend i wouldn't even bet on any Chinese product..

Better to use a 2011 htc or Samsung than a 2017 Chinese...
what exactly do you mean by chinese phones?
iphone and the new nokia phones are manufactured by foxconn, a chinese manufacturer
is there any smartphone that isn't made in china or passing through china in the production process?
by the way, the highest or best selling android mobile phone in the world for the first quarter of 2017 is oppo, a chinese brand, Samsung is second.
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by DaCharis2016: 7:24pm On May 18, 2017
baba4thegehs:

I'm not surprised.

Original phone chargers have inbuilt regulators, even if there is a power surge it's output doesn't change.

Sorry Chap

Modified: FTC after months I joined Nairaland. I dedicate this space to my Unborn Child, It will be part of his/her inheritance. Nobaga should trespass grin
Am considering a tecno, infinix phone. Which do u suggest I buy. Because I hate low quality phones. Samsung is kinda 2 xpensive for. And my budget is 40k. Whats ur take on LG, Gionee or xaomi fones?
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 18, 2017
9ja4show:

Not everyone can afford an iPhone Mr talkative ,morever gionee & infinix has more features than iPhone
This is the most dumbest post have seen on nairaland
Re: Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience by Chukabiz1961(m): 7:40pm On May 18, 2017
baba4thegehs:

Enlightened me maybe there's a new meaning I don't know of grin
OEM (pronounced as separate letters) is short for original equipment manufacturer, which is a somewhat misleading term used to describe a company that has a special relationship with computer and IT producers. OEMs are manufacturers who resell another company's product under their own name and branding.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of Addresses Or Phone Numbers Of Nokia Care/repair Centres / Infinix Hot 8 Vs Tecno Spark 3 Vs Hot 7: Battle Of the N30,000+ Devices / 11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.