Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors (30359 Views)

50 Awkward Customized Number Plates Spotted On The Road / HAHAHA And LOL Number Plates: Nigerian Cars Laughing At Poverty / 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by obonujoker(m): 1:51am On May 18, 2017
EWAagoyin:
too much development no go kill lagos and ogun state .... ambode and amosun needs to organise leadership seminar for other governors.

Ogun state?? shey you dey sleep ni?

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by Nobody: 2:32am On May 18, 2017
I traveled to Edo state last Saturday and while driving in that state I got to appreciate what Lagos State has done. Mhen come and see lawless and reckless driving in Benin. Government built good dual carriageway and yet everybody was driving one way. When I first saw a car moving in one way I was like ok this is a crazy driver. Then I saw another one, and another one. From Benin bye pass to the second bye pass to benin- auchi road driving one was was the order of the day. Up to the point that people even drive one way on exit roads from major highways and round abouts. It's not as if road is bad or there's traffic on one end, it looks like driving one way is normal in Edo state and there's no traffic officials to stop them. Mhen I was like Lagos State is trying.

People of Edo state... Is this how u drive?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by jacoik(m): 3:36am On May 18, 2017
houstonia:
this Lagos will not agitate like IPOB but will shock Nigerans the day it will officially be declared a republic.
lolzzzz honestly u really got me hard. But truth be told, there is sense in these your nonsense
Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by ibkgab001: 5:37am On May 18, 2017
What is our in that statement please count us out speak for your self is s welcomed idea abi you be amoung one chance driver nii
Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by Excuzeme: 5:43am On May 18, 2017
Grundig:
Ambode is on a collision course with the FG on this number plates plan. Besides, whatsup with number plates? If you still have plans of phasing danfo's out then there'd be no need for the new number plates as the new buses will be properly registered

Ambode, I'm not so sure of this one. Or maybe information is still sketchy. Needs fine tuning

This is just exploitation of transporters.

The FRSC plate numbers already identifies Commercial vehicles because their own Numbering and Letterings are RED in colour.... while private is BLUE.

What is the need to create another Plate Number again?
Or are they going to just exchange it for them, FOR FREE?

Bunch of corrupt Politicians.

Na God go punish all these Politicians exploiting the masses.
Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by bionixs: 5:49am On May 18, 2017
PUSH1:

That's how Its done. Not when they will agitating with nothing to show
Afonja,mind your lagos and leave ipob alone. That you heard that they WILL and your big mouth is already running. Dont be faster than Ambode that will do it. Whenever you keep mentioning ipob and comparing yourself with them on issues that dont concern them,you make us believe that they are naturally ahead of you. That is,always struggling to beat them. An average ibo man is always on his lane,minding his biz. No timemu
Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by tunjijones(m): 6:01am On May 18, 2017
AtlanticBreeze:
Lol.. Ambode is crossing his boundaries. Let lagos state stop receiving FG allocations from oil money so we know they are serious. yeye. He will soon get a reality check.

Bros pls read what u posted again. Do u think Lagos gets from federal govt than they give fed govt.
If you remove Lagos from Nigeria na empty container go remain
Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by Alumniadigun: 6:25am On May 18, 2017
Just beautiful.
Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by signz: 6:30am On May 18, 2017
This is good news.

Slowly and surely we'll start practicing True federalism.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by remiopash: 6:46am On May 18, 2017
Lagos is a country on its own.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by deebrain(m): 6:58am On May 18, 2017
houstonia:
this Lagos will not agitate like IPOB but will shock Nigerans the day it will officially be declared a republic.

Despite affiliations with the Igbo, this is a brilliant post.
Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by Donnyboy(m): 7:12am On May 18, 2017
Please guys check out the trailer of My Short film BORDER... I Shot it with a phone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay2W82ii2-o&itct=CAoQpDAYASITCKbr5a2n3NMCFZ6QVQod%3D%3D&gl=NG&hl=en&client=mv-google

Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by Oluwafreshing(m): 7:19am On May 18, 2017
EWAagoyin:
too much development no go kill lagos and ogun state .... ambode and amosun needs to organise leadership seminar for other governors.
gbayi your head is there

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by olaideslex(m): 7:20am On May 18, 2017
dguizman:
I doubt if the uniform part will work with this crazy danfo driver and conductors everywhere
Who told you it is these current danfo drivers that will be used? It is graduates like you they intend to use.
Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by Nobody: 7:22am On May 18, 2017
The license plate is only for commercial vehicles so relax.

The Lagos State Government has made known its intentions to introduce new number plate for commercial vehicles in the state

Trexnemesis:
We don't want new license plate numbers again, except if it's free. They want to collect our money again.
Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by Oluwafreshing(m): 7:23am On May 18, 2017
obonujoker:

Ogun state?? shey you dey sleep ni?
where in Nigeria do you stay? go and check. travel down come in to lagos you'll see things in Ogun State
Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by Mcdaniels06: 7:27am On May 18, 2017
That's their bearing because the way things are going, it's obvious They are gradually heading towards that direction
Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by godwin120alex: 7:28am On May 18, 2017
The only thing Ambode govt is good at is extortion. He can do anything to make money while the keep on wasting it.
Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by timilinda(f): 7:33am On May 18, 2017
Ezedon:
They are not serious

U don't like d idea?
Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by obonujoker(m): 7:34am On May 18, 2017
Oluwafreshing:

where in Nigeria do you stay? go and check. travel down come in to lagos you'll see things in Ogun State

I was in Ogun state 2 weeks ago for a wedding bro.... there are places not touch, stop talking of only Abeokuta....
Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by JeffreyJames(m): 7:34am On May 18, 2017
AtlanticBreeze:
Lol.. Ambode is crossing his boundaries. Let lagos state stop receiving FG allocations from oil money so we know they are serious. yeye. He will soon get a reality check.

FG allocation is child's play compared to what Lagos generates on a monthly basis.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by Revolva(m): 8:45am On May 18, 2017
wahala de town for agberos n touts oo
Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by timilehin95(m): 9:07am On May 18, 2017
Kennydoc:

Lagos makes a lot of money from the ports, multinational companies, different industries etc mainly because Nigeria is one country. Let Lagos become a republic and see if the oil companies won't all relocate. Other air and seaports will open up to service Nigeria. By then, you realise that the massive revenue of Lagos has to do with the fact that it is the economic capital of a country with 180 million people.
I laff in 4G grin
If lagos dare become a country, u will be surprised to see d high number of foreign nd local investors begging to be accepted in d new country

Talking about companies relocating their headquarters to other states... Which state in Nigeria do u think they gonna relocate to nd be making waves d way they are doing in lagos.

The major, most functional, easiest, busiest nd d best seaport nd airport are all in Lagos, so tell me wat else do a country needs
Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by 1miccza: 9:34am On May 18, 2017
dguizman:
I doubt if the uniform part will work with this crazy danfo driver and conductors everywhere

I doubt if it would
Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by DJInfluence: 9:55am On May 18, 2017
Intersting....
lets wait & see how this turn out to benefit both the drivers and commuters.
Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by AtlanticBreeze: 10:46am On May 18, 2017
tunjijones:

[s]Bros pls read what u posted again. Do u think Lagos gets from federal govt than they give fed govt.
If you remove Lagos from Nigeria na empty container go remain[/s]
Last time I checked oil is still the 99% mainstay of Nigerian economy and lagos produces 0 barrel of oil
Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by AtlanticBreeze: 10:48am On May 18, 2017
JeffreyJames:

FG allocation is child's play compared to what Lagos generates on a monthly basis.
Without oil money from the niger delta lagos will be an empty shell
Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by Kennydoc(m): 11:04am On May 18, 2017
timilehin95:

I laff in 4G grin
If lagos dare become a country, u will be surprised to see d high number of foreign nd local investors begging to be accepted in d new country

Talking about companies relocating their headquarters to other states... Which state in Nigeria do u think they gonna relocate to nd be making waves d way they are doing in lagos.

The major, most functional, easiest, busiest nd d best seaport nd airport are all in Lagos, so tell me wat else do a country needs

You don't get it. If Lagos is cut off from the rest of Nigeria, Lagos seaport will only be servicing the Republic of Lagos with its 20 million inhabitants or so. The population will even drop by the time many non-citizens will be forced to return back to their country (Nigeria). Nigeria will be forced to develop the other seaports like in Akwa Ibom, Calabar and Port Harcourt, even Ogun to handle our imports.

Lagos just discovered very little oil, so the oil companies located in Lagos are there because of Niger Delta oil wells. That will equally change as the companies will relocate back to the Niger Delta or other parts of Nigeria.

Remember many investors flood into Lagos not only because of the city, but because of Nigeria's population, and they settle down in Lagos since it's Nigeria's economic capital. If Lagos becomes independent with less than 20 million population, mind you that the rest of Nigeria will still have about 160 million population. Investors will shift focus from Lagos to Nigeria cos that is where the market is.

Lagos has no land again. Further development will be very difficult. The Republic cannot even feed itself in the least form. They can't attain self sufficiency in producing any food crop not even rice, cassava yam etc, cos they just don't have arable land for agriculture. All the food will be imported.

Lagos is only doing well because it is servicing the whole Nigeria (with a population of about 180 million). Cut Lagos off the rest of Nigeria, deprive it of that massive population, and see it fall like a pack of cards.
Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by jattshaf(m): 11:30am On May 18, 2017
EWAagoyin:

Like Kogi state governors.
Not just this present governor alone but with ones that may intend to contest in the future
Re: Lagos To Introduce New Number Plates, Uniforms For Drivers, Conductors by bams2999(m): 11:30am On May 18, 2017
Nice one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? / My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill / 18 Common Road Signs That Most Motorists In Nigeria Don’t Know Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.