Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,167 members, 7,807,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" (33404 Views)

Funke Akindele, Husband Found Guilty, To Serve 14 Days Community Service / Seyi Edun Asks Adewale Kofoworolaa To Kneel Down For Bullying Her On Instagram / Lanre Gentry Throws Shade At Mercy Aigbe: "When A Woman Has Sex With Many Men" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by ipafricaStaff(m): 8:52pm On May 17, 2017
Singer 9ice sat down for an interview with veteran TV personality Funmi Iyanda and they got to discuss 9ice's broken marriage specifically and marriages in general.
Iyanda recalled the last time she saw him was at his house when he was still married to his first wife. She said she was sad that his marriage hit the rocks and asked if he was married again as the papers report. This he denied.

When Funmi asked him to clear the air on his status, the Gongo Aso singer launched into an explanation on the problem with modern day marriages.

"I'm single but I'm not searching because it's not part of my priority right now. I've dealt with this topic so many times and people just tend to take the negative side of it but it's like they don't understand what I'm saying because they're not in my shoe."

He continued: "Marriage is not for this generation... I have my reasons(for saying that) because, as a Nigerian, as a Yoruba man, there are some culture and tradition that you're being taught when you're being brought up as a man. You want the same thing from your wife (but) you're not going to get it from today's woman. because then we have exposure. They are the ones that sent us to school. And I still want my woman to serve me food and kneel down. Ejo Aunty, who's going to do that for me now?"

He added: "but you're not going to get that as a man, so we today's men, we need to get that into our thick skull that you're not going to get the same thing your mom is giving to your dad. You are going to get something different because who you're getting married to is quite different from your mom. But we are not ready. That's why you see that this generation are losing marriages, six months and it's dissolved.

He went on to advise people to marry for the right reasons and not out of societal pressures and asked that people are certain beyond all reasonable doubt before going into marriage. He warned couples not to go through with marriages if they become uncertain before walking down the aisle. Citing his wedding as an example, the father-of- four revealed that he had a moment of doubt before he tied the knot but had to go through with it for fear of what people will say.

"Before you go to the altar, like five to ten minutes, your mind will be telling you that this thing is not going to work," he said and when Iyanda asked if that happened to him, he replied, "It happened to me, but I felt it because I was like 'come on, I have so many things to lose more than what I'm going to gain'. Because if I do that, it's like I'm against the rest of the world."
He advised: "So we should hundred percent get married for what will make you happy. Regardless of the culture, regardless of your parents, get married because you want to get married. Get married because it will make you happy. Don't get married because Tinuke got married."

SOURCE LINK: http://ipubliciseafrica.com/2017/05/17/9ice-talks-problem-modern-marriages-still-want-woman-serve-food-kneel/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8koexauVOw0

14 Likes

Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by Idonki(f): 8:59pm On May 17, 2017
Hmmm

No bi smal kneelin,,,,

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by Youngmum1(f): 9:14pm On May 17, 2017
Oga nice. May your dreams come true!

16 Likes

Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by Partnerbiz(f): 9:35pm On May 17, 2017
Okay make i eat kulikuli first and fry akamu

4 Likes

Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by mogboyelade(f): 9:43pm On May 17, 2017
Wait till eternity you hear, you will see.

34 Likes

Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by Alisegun(m): 10:35pm On May 17, 2017
Waiting this one dey talk? you for turn her to table self

This 33-year-old Married Lady Was Caught Giving Bl0w Job To A 15 Year Old Boy (Photos)

27 Likes

Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:36pm On May 17, 2017
Haba ... she is not a slave na grin . The world is evolving and there are other ways a woman can show deference to her man .

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by Ezedon(m): 10:36pm On May 17, 2017
Even when she is heavily pregnant right?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by Pavore9: 10:36pm On May 17, 2017
"And I still want my woman to serve me food and kneel down. Ejo Aunty, who's going to do that for me now?"
....... cheesy cheesy grin

He added: "but you're not going to get that as a man, so we today's men, we need to get that into our thick skull that you're not going to get the same thing your mom is giving to your dad. You are going to get something different because who you're getting married to is quite different from your mom. But we are not ready. That's why you see that this generation are losing marriages, six months and it's dissolved.
.....Not everyone has accepted things have evolved.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by Edubrazilnwa(m): 10:36pm On May 17, 2017
Wtf!like seriously?

13 Likes

Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by bigerboy200: 10:37pm On May 17, 2017
What nonsense

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 17, 2017
Goat

16 Likes

Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by Lexusgs430: 10:37pm On May 17, 2017
He might as well marry a slave.......

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by prinsam30: 10:37pm On May 17, 2017
9ce one, Culture is the key

36 Likes

Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 17, 2017
Well, since he said he would like that but can't get it from the women of this era explains he's only wishing. It's good to dream.

9 Likes

Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by martineverest(m): 10:38pm On May 17, 2017
Archaic idiot.... At ur age u still reason like an slowpoke.... Smh

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by datola: 10:38pm On May 17, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
Haba ... she is not a slave na grin . The world is evolving and there are other ways a woman can show deference to her man .

So it is slavery if the wife submits to the husband in whatever acceptable forms(NOT NECESSARILY KNEELING DOWN). And the husband is ready to lay down his life for his wife?

The other day Nigeria's richest woman, Mrs Alakija said she's washing her husband clothes. She is a slave too right?

Some of these wanabe being-to ladies should never accept to serve their husbands kneeling down at their wedding introductions/engagements/receptions to prove they no longer live in the caves.

We just copy oyinbo blindly and relegate our own culture and biblical injunctions.

One of the major challenges of Africans is that we do not have a voice of our own. The whites ( we are also becoming whites by the day by the use of chemical creams in order to appear attractive and intelligent) dictate everything bad to us including same sex marriage and we accept them in order to appear 'civilized'

Chinese, Japanese, Indians have their own distinct cultures and values which they are proud of and these have helped them in no way to develop their home grown technologies that have become the wonders of the new world order.

Marriages don't last in western world. They must not last here too now because we don't want to be slaves to our husbands or protective of our wives.

It is only we, especially Nigerians that will squeeze their noses to sound like the British or the Americans whereas these people still value some of these things that we think are no longer fashionable.

126 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by bedspread: 10:38pm On May 17, 2017
Go into NOLLYWOOD ACTING..... DTS WHERE U WILL GET THAT

3 Likes

Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by Alitair(m): 10:38pm On May 17, 2017
30 billion for the akkantio
Even ateke tom and peter obi are still happy that their wife still cooks for the talk of serve.

Btw Is 9ice worth 100million naira?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 17, 2017

He added: "but you're not going to get that as a man, so we today's men, we need to get that into our thick skull that you're not going to get the same thing your mom is giving to your dad. You are going to get something different because who you're getting married to is quite different from your mom. But we are not ready. That's why you see that this generation are losing marriages, six months and it's dissolving

Touche!
Nairalanders, calm down and read the post _ignore the title. The title is just a 'phrase' cheesy.

38 Likes

Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by free2ryhme: 10:39pm On May 17, 2017
Feminist will attack ooo grin

3 Likes

Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by Ayoswit(f): 10:39pm On May 17, 2017
Hmmm
Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by osemoses1234(m): 10:40pm On May 17, 2017
Make una giv dat man clay

3 Likes

Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by badaoyeyemi(f): 10:41pm On May 17, 2017
.Cant Even Do Dat 4 Popsy Talkless Of Husband..But Dat Doesnt Mean I Dont Respect Him

7 Likes

Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by itsik(m): 10:41pm On May 17, 2017
Pathetic, it pains me so much.
Am so scared of marriage

3 Likes

Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by Mouthgag: 10:41pm On May 17, 2017
Mumu

The thing only I picked out is

"marriage is not for this generation ".. ..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by realbee(m): 10:42pm On May 17, 2017
All this bloggers and sensationalism, making it look as if he literarily want his woman to knee down. You have to read through to understand his points.

10 Likes

Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by Aikon: 10:42pm On May 17, 2017

1 Like

Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 17, 2017
This one na small thing naaa
Re: 9ice: "My Woman Has To Kneel Down To Serve Me Food" by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 17, 2017
He has a point you have to respect the person your with and sometimes be willing to show it

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mustapha Oniru Weds Kristy Crooks (photos) / Top Five Nigerian Artistes That Started From Music Reality Shows / Toyin Lawani's Son Is The Most Stylish Kid In Nigeria? Check His Birthday Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.