Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test (6154 Views)

Xiaomi Mi 6 - Specification And Price (dual Pixel Camera ) / Compare Latest Gionee M6S Plus And Latest Xiaomi Mi 6 / Xiaomi Mi 6 Officially Launched With Sd 835, 6gb Ram And Dual Camera | The Beast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by henry007(m): 8:04am On May 19, 2017
ip2121918021:

I'm not sure I understand this ^

First off, do not show me this guy's videos, he's obviously paying too much attention to the other phones.

You can't have the exact same brain as bill gates + even if you did metaphysically share the same copy of brain, No two people think alike. However, we're not talking about feature richness here, we're talking about speed.....lots of speed .....even more speed.

Exactly, So I'm saying the processor isn't the only thing that determines performance.

The s8 is terrifically faster than the BB you can see the difference in boot speed.

Haha, I mean, the s8 will literally slay the BB Key and feed it's own intestines to it - to eat grin

Where's the BB faster, the internet speed test? undecided

In Benchmarks - phssh the s8 is *3 grin

That YouTube guy is a total noob - you can't include OEM apps in a speed test - you shouldn't. I mean the clock apps do the same thing, the settings apps do the same thing but they're from different devs.

@ 3.01 - the s8 killed the bb in I believe fallout ?

The key almost made some sense with GTA - but it isn't faster. That's like asking why a ps3 playing at 720p has higher frame rate than a PS4 playing a game at 1080p. the game will obviously be scaled down to the key's meager screen.

Or why a 10 year old boy with a cup of water will go faster than a 25 year old with a 'Fine Coat Paint' Bucket of water grin

BS - there're videos of the s8 playing gta sa on the same youtube you're bringing these videos from.

if you're going to say "Oya upload screenshots of you playing GTA SA" for proof that it doesn't crash

I'm not going to go the google play store to buy a game I've overplayed so I'll just go with the stereotype that Nigerians don't buy apps grin grin, When the phone stays like a month in my hands and I start throwing it on my bed anyhow. I'll enable installing apps from unknown sources cheesy

I'm not saying the s8 is better because I own it - but really it is.

Don't say it in public bro - s8 vs blackberry especially in areas like oshodi grin

No dey compare supermag and yoyo bitters.

Samsung target apple gaan cuz dem dey para for last gen, but I trust apple to fire back in september - no shaking grin. But for now the s8 is king.

Omo you're tougher to convince than Donald Trump's fans O grin

Why are you trying to convince me. I already said it before that samsung s8 features are better overall than probably every other android device out now. With that being said, i would still go with the Blackberry Keyone because of that keypad that i know and miss so much. Don't be angry it's just a personal preference.

To me the difference between the Samsung S8 and Blackberry KEYone's internet speed and boot speed is not significant enough to forego the Blackberry KEYone's keyboard, i'm satisfied with the fact that the latter is opening a lot of apps faster than the S8 . After playing with the S8, i found out that the 3D touch home button was quite a learning curve too.

You're right, GTA does work on the S8 but Samsung better fix whatever's making even the 4 year old Note 3 boot up and run GTA better than the S8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NZZ2_xBSto

For me i love the samsung s8 design, it's truly beautiful but i loved the s7 edge too and everyone i know has a cracked phone. The beauty comes at a price and that beauty ages really fast. I prefer metal but i would settle for whatever the KEYone has going on the back as long as it's not glass.

Don't get me started on the battery life of the blackberry KEYone blowing the Samsung S8 out of the water. Many tech reviewers are impressed by this including my favourite MKBHD. Apparently, it's about 2 times longer lasting than the S8 battery life thanks to that SD 625 processor.

It's worth it to note that Samsung tried to snatch blackberry market by creating an OEM physical keyboard that doesn't even have backlight. Lol They really tried it!

P.S: Don't hate on the youtube reviewer, nothing do am.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by henry007(m): 8:09am On May 19, 2017
ip2121918021:

Of course, the power saving mode tunes it down to 1080p but the difference between the two is very clear even with text.

I posted a screenshot from their official website that says that it comes as the default settings. It's not a power saving mode. Majority of S8 users would never see that 3K screen that it offers.

mykelmeezy:

this is hopeless

its all about preference anyways

but fact is any Samsung thumps any china phone any day any time

samsung s series and iphone are in a class of their own

they are like the benz of phones

The Samsung Note Series trumps the S series so don't even try to exclude the Note series just because of one mishap. Also, we're not even sure which one would go up in flames next.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by ip2121918021(m): 10:31am On May 19, 2017
henry007:

Why are you trying to convince me. I already said it before that samsung s8 features are better overall than probably every other android device out now. With that being said, i would still go with the Blackberry Keyone because of that keypad that i know and miss so much. Don't be angry it's just a personal preference.

To me the difference between the Samsung S8 and Blackberry KEYone's internet speed and boot speed is not significant enough to forego the Blackberry KEYone's keyboard, i'm satisfied with the fact that the latter is opening a lot of apps faster than the S8 . After playing with the S8, i found out that the 3D touch home button was quite a learning curve too.

You're right, GTA does work on the S8 but Samsung better fix whatever's making even the 4 year old Note 3 boot up and run GTA better than the S8

For me i love the samsung s8 design, it's truly beautiful but i loved the s7 edge too and everyone i know has a cracked phone. The beauty comes at a price and that beauty ages really fast. I prefer metal but i would settle for whatever the KEYone has going on the back as long as it's not glass.

Don't get me started on the battery life of the blackberry KEYone blowing the Samsung S8 out of the water. Many tech reviewers are impressed by this including my favourite MKBHD. Apparently, it's about 2 times longer lasting than the S8 battery life thanks to that SD 625 processor.

It's worth it to note that Samsung tried to snatch blackberry market by creating an OEM physical keyboard that doesn't even have backlight. Lol They really tried it!

No one is getting angry we're all just stating opinions (you can see I was being funny) sad

I'm still saying the Youtuber is a noob angry

How're you sure it's the s8's problem and not the game??

Last updated in 2015 :/

Most likely it's the game.

My God! this isn't a point. OK, Try downloading modern combat on a low end phone and the s8 for example - the low end's download will be done faster cuz it's downloading low quality extra data files angry

Look at the difference between the two, the s8 obviously has higher quality textures which will be larger. I mean tech has increased since the Note 3 was released but storage speed? eh Not so much

Oh oh! you know it has better battery life thanks to it's lower-end processor, yet if the s8 had the same processor you would come here saying the BB is faster ok na undecided

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by ip2121918021(m): 10:49am On May 19, 2017
henry007:

I posted a screenshot from their official website that says that it comes as the default settings. It's not a power saving mode. Majority of S8 users would never see that 3K screen that it offers.

:/ I'm not saying it's power saving mode, I'm saying putting the s8 on power saving mode reduces screen resolution so definitely you can save power by reducing your screen resolution.

Majority of S8 users would never see that 3K screen that it offers.

False, Very false. The difference is damn too clear, I mean pictures taken on the s8 will look better at >=3k than any othe lower screen resolution. The difference is too obvious. You can tell that the photos tecno && BB users brag about are shit when you switch to 3k smiley
Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by henry007(m): 12:31pm On May 19, 2017
ip2121918021:

:/ I'm not saying it's power saving mode, I'm saying putting the s8 on power saving mode reduces screen resolution so definitely you can save power by reducing your screen resolution.

False, Very false. The difference is damn too clear, I mean pictures taken on the s8 will look better at >=3k than any othe lower screen resolution. The difference is too obvious. You can tell that the photos tecno && BB users brag about are shit when you switch to 3k smiley

Just read what Samsung said about the resolution in the photo i posted. It's not that complicated.
Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by henry007(m): 12:40pm On May 19, 2017
ip2121918021:

No one is getting angry we're all just stating opinions (you can see I was being funny) sad

I'm still saying the Youtuber is a noob angry

How're you sure it's the s8's problem and not the game??

Last updated in 2015 :/

Most likely it's the game.

My God! this isn't a point. OK, Try downloading modern combat on a low end phone and the s8 for example - the low end's download will be done faster cuz it's downloading low quality extra data files angry

Look at the difference between the two, the s8 obviously has higher quality textures which will be larger. I mean tech has increased since the Note 3 was released but storage speed? eh Not so much

Oh oh! you know it has better battery life thanks to it's lower-end processor, yet if the s8 had the same processor you would come here saying the BB is faster ok na undecided

If the S8 had the same SD625 processor, it still wouldn't last as long. The Blackberry Keyone(3500mAh) uses a near stock rom and has a 4.5 inch screen while the Galaxy S8(3000mAh) has a 5.8 inch screen - They're both 1080P by default. S8 probably is packing sensors left right and center with that 3D touch home key system that vibrates like a button. 30 presses and battery don half lol.

Instead of making a million and one excuses for a $750 flagship, just search through youtube for any video comparison where samsung s8 actually ran the GTA game better that the challenger because no be only samsung waka come in 2017. The video i posted, shows the S8 acting up even on medium graphics settings. If the Xiaomi didn't run games with the same SD835 processor perfectly, people might start to wonder if that processor is terrible like the SD810.
Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by ip2121918021(m): 12:51pm On May 19, 2017
henry007:

If the S8 had the same SD625 processor, it still wouldn't last as long. The Blackberry Keyone(3500mAh) uses a near stock rom and has a 4.5 inch screen while the Galaxy S8(3000mAh) has a 5.8 inch screen - They're both 1080P by default. S8 probably is packing sensors left right and center with that 3D touch home key system that vibrates like a button. 30 presses and battery don half lol.

Instead of making a million and one excuses for a $750 flagship, just search through youtube for any video comparison where samsung s8 actually ran the GTA game better that the challenger because no be only samsung waka come in 2017. The video i posted, shows the S8 acting up even on medium graphics settings. If the Xiaomi didn't run games with the same SD835 processor perfectly, people might start to wonder if that processor is terrible like the SD810.

You're not making anysense. They're the same game yes, same textures no, same resolution no.

I've given points why the BB was faster, yet, you're asking me to be watching mumu videos, abi you want to argue benchmarks ahan!

Why bro, why?. I mean with benchmarks alone, you shouldn't argue this. That's what benchmarks are for

Anyway na wetin you wan hear naim you go believe

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by appswift: 2:14am On May 25, 2017
Dexter247:

It costs less than 200k.

Please, where can I buy it for less than 200k? Am interested. embarassed embarassed

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by henry007(m): 3:02am On May 25, 2017
ip2121918021:

You're not making anysense. They're the same game yes, same textures no, same resolution no.

I've given points why the BB was faster, yet, you're asking me to be watching mumu videos, abi you want to argue benchmarks ahan!

Why bro, why?. I mean with benchmarks alone, you shouldn't argue this. That's what benchmarks are for

Anyway na wetin you wan hear naim you go believe

Didn't i say that the s8 runs on 1080P by default? Here you go again.

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by Nobody: 6:34am On May 25, 2017
appswift:

Please, where can I buy it for less than 200k? Am interested. embarassed embarassed

Aliexpress
Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by ip2121918021(m): 6:43am On May 25, 2017
henry007:

Didn't i say that the s8 runs on 1080P by default? Here you go again.

Why did you mention me?

Wtf. I know it runs on 1080p. I have it
Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by henry007(m): 7:33am On May 25, 2017
ip2121918021:

Why did you mention me?

Wtf. I know it runs on 1080p. I have it

Oh goody, do you have the blackberry keyone as well. What did you mean by texture in the context of that comparison between gaming on both phones?
Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by ip2121918021(m): 7:56am On May 25, 2017
You want to play that game right? Show me this, show me that
ok.
henry007:

Oh goody, do you have the blackberry keyone as well. What did you mean by texture in the context of that comparison between gaming on both phones?

henry007:

How did you know the bb has better battery life thanks to the sd625 processor? Show me your key one and s8

After playing with the S8, i found out that the 3D touch home button was quite a learning curve too. Show me your key one and s8 again

but i loved the s7 edge too and everyone i know has a cracked phone. Show me your cracked 7edge along with your key one and s8.

Better show me GTA crashing on your s8.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by henry007(m): 10:47am On May 25, 2017
ip2121918021:
You want to play that game right? Show me this, show me that
ok.

How did you know the bb has better battery life thanks to the sd625 processor? Show me your key one and s8

but i loved the s7 edge too and everyone i know has a cracked phone. Show me your cracked 7edge along with your key one and s8.

Better show me GTA crashing on your s8.

My opinion on smartphones has nothing to do with whether or not i have the phone and that is what i was getting at.

What are you on about?
Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by ip2121918021(m): 10:52am On May 25, 2017
henry007:

My opinion on smartphones has nothing to do with whether or not i have the phone and that is what i was getting at.

What are you on about?

S8 came with 1080p default that's a fact not an opinion, that's what I'm about.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by henry007(m): 7:14pm On May 25, 2017
ip2121918021:

S8 came with 1080p default that's a fact not an opinion, that's what I'm about.

See the opinion i was referring to below.

henry007:

Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by FiddyEn: 7:59pm On May 25, 2017
ip2121918021:

I'm not sure I understand this ^

First off, do not show me this guy's videos, he's obviously paying too much attention to the other phones.

You can't have the exact same brain as bill gates + even if you did metaphysically share the same copy of brain, No two people think alike. However, we're not talking about feature richness here, we're talking about speed.....lots of speed .....even more speed.

Exactly, So I'm saying the processor isn't the only thing that determines performance.

The s8 is terrifically faster than the BB you can see the difference in boot speed.

Haha, I mean, the s8 will literally slay the BB Key and feed it's own intestines to it - to eat grin

Where's the BB faster, the internet speed test? undecided

In Benchmarks - phssh the s8 is *3 grin

That YouTube guy is a total noob - you can't include OEM apps in a speed test - you shouldn't. I mean the clock apps do the same thing, the settings apps do the same thing but they're from different devs.

@ 3.01 - the s8 killed the bb in I believe fallout ?

The key almost made some sense with GTA - but it isn't faster. That's like asking why a ps3 playing at 720p has higher frame rate than a PS4 playing a game at 1080p. the game will obviously be scaled down to the key's meager screen.

Or why a 10 year old boy with a cup of water will go faster than a 25 year old with a 'Fine Coat Paint' Bucket of water grin

BS - there're videos of the s8 playing gta sa on the same youtube you're bringing these videos from.

if you're going to say "Oya upload screenshots of you playing GTA SA" for proof that it doesn't crash

I'm not going to go the google play store to buy a game I've overplayed so I'll just go with the stereotype that Nigerians don't buy apps grin grin, When the phone stays like a month in my hands and I start throwing it on my bed anyhow. I'll enable installing apps from unknown sources cheesy

I'm not saying the s8 is better because I own it - but really it is.

Don't say it in public bro - s8 vs blackberry especially in areas like oshodi grin

No dey compare supermag and yoyo bitters.

Samsung target apple gaan cuz dem dey para for last gen, but I trust apple to fire back in september - no shaking grin. But for now the s8 is king.

Omo you're tougher to convince than Donald Trump's fans O grin

Ogbeni chill first. Try the P10 plus by Huawei. Lots of things dey wey you nova see.
Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by henry007(m): 2:30am On May 26, 2017
Apparently the Samsung s8 scratches easily. No one mentioned that before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suYOXazD7oY
Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by Nobody: 9:32am On May 26, 2017
henry007:
Apparently the Samsung s8 scratches easily. No one mentioned that before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suYOXazD7oY

It seems you are busy searching issue with S8 everywhere on the web. Well, the issue is from Corning. GG5 is the main problem here and not Samsung
Re: Xiaomi Mi 6 Destroys The Samsung Galaxy S8 In This Speed Test by henry007(m): 11:41am On May 26, 2017
ollah1:

It seems you are busy searching issue with S8 everywhere on the web. Well, the issue is from Corning. GG5 is the main problem here and not Samsung

i'm not, i'm a youtuber + it's not that big of a deal.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Browsing And Downloading Settings For Bb Without Bis. / Awoof! MTN Is Giving Free 100% Browsing Now...see How! / How Can I Unlock Etisalat ZTE MF190A Modem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.