Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,988 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

MTN In Fresh Trouble, Fined $8.5million - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN In Fresh Trouble, Fined $8.5million (11798 Views)

How To Get 500mb Data Free On MTN In 2019 / MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds / Mtn In Another $4.2 Bn Mess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN In Fresh Trouble, Fined $8.5million by ItalianWine(f): 7:37am On May 18, 2017
hmmm
Re: MTN In Fresh Trouble, Fined $8.5million by Nobody: 7:37am On May 18, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: MTN In Fresh Trouble, Fined $8.5million by Nobody: 7:37am On May 18, 2017
grin

Re: MTN In Fresh Trouble, Fined $8.5million by ednut1(m): 7:37am On May 18, 2017
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

I say we kick them out of Nigeria and Nationalize the the Network.

Tired of them ripping Nigeria off.
ode. Go nationalise dem na
Re: MTN In Fresh Trouble, Fined $8.5million by ajalawole(m): 7:37am On May 18, 2017
Is this MTN even cursed sad. But those guys can't try that is SA na sad
Re: MTN In Fresh Trouble, Fined $8.5million by SalamRushdie: 7:38am On May 18, 2017
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

I say we kick them out of Nigeria and Nationalize the the Network.

Una don start ...The former things you Nationalized wey are they ? I swear you reason like Buhari
Re: MTN In Fresh Trouble, Fined $8.5million by obafemee80(m): 7:47am On May 18, 2017
MTN picking Yellow Cards everywhere they(we) Go grin
Re: MTN In Fresh Trouble, Fined $8.5million by engrjacuzzi: 7:48am On May 18, 2017
NTM, sulking Nigerians dry since independence.
Re: MTN In Fresh Trouble, Fined $8.5million by NLProblemChild(m): 8:01am On May 18, 2017
ojutiku1:
NLproblemchild, what's your take on this?
j think that amount is too small..
Re: MTN In Fresh Trouble, Fined $8.5million by Codes151(m): 8:03am On May 18, 2017
Useless network
Re: MTN In Fresh Trouble, Fined $8.5million by bfn1: 8:15am On May 18, 2017
Corporate governance, head(s) will surely roll.
Re: MTN In Fresh Trouble, Fined $8.5million by neocortex: 8:16am On May 18, 2017
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

I say we kick them out of Nigeria and Nationalize the Network.

You will be creating an avenue for National cake sharing,
the network won't survive if that happens.

1 Like

Re: MTN In Fresh Trouble, Fined $8.5million by bishopkay: 8:32am On May 18, 2017
This is like music to my ears. Read my yesterday post below. Mtn are thieves

Good day House. Mtn just ripped me off my data. They said I used up 1.5data in 24 hours for facebook and nairaland.

I subscribed may 15th at about 11 am. I had a 50mb bonus on my phone from the vtu recharge I made that was still very active then even before I subscribed. At about past 2 pm yesterday 16th may, I was sent an SMS that my data was exhausted and my access suspended. I initially thought it was my 50mb bonus that just got finished so I went to dial *131# to confirm only to see the shocker there that my data was gone. Now let's lay down the facts

1. I use data but I've never used up 1.5gb in less than a week before. This includes streaming of YouTube tutorials ooo and tethering to my laptop.
2. Since 1.5 GB wasn't lasting me again like before, I had to start subscribing 3.5gb at 2k. Which lasted me last for about 3 weeks with streaming and tethering.
3. Now I didn't even stream any video nor did I carry out any downloads; I didn't even tether to my laptop. I only accessed facebook, nairaland and some few sites within this time frame when Mtn fraudulently stole and zapped my data.

So I called their customer care and they suddenly couldn't access the portal where they could check my data usage. Even when I went to their office; they told me the same thing.

I waited till night then called again and this time, they could access the portal. Guess what the lady or one of their robots on the phone said. She said and I quote "you used high data volume between yesterday (being the day I subscribed) and today 8 am when the data got exhausted". When I probed to know the "high data volume" applications I used, she suddenly went mute as it became obvious she was reading that rhetoric from a computer screen. Because I have been made to understand they can to a great extent tell you how you spent your data.

Now they were so dumb that they couldn't even perfect the steal. To prove they are lying, my data access got suspended at about past 2 pm yesterday not and not even 8 am their "robot" said. Also my people please help me ask... Since when did facebook become a high data consuming app? Since when did nairaland become a high data consuming app? Since when did Google Search become a high data consuming app? That can finish 1.535gb in 24 hours?

I have normally let their many excesses and high handedness slide but this particular one, I won't let it slide. The 1k is very small money to me but what if it had been my last? What if it was the only hope I had to the outside world?

What I've promised myself to do is launch a major social media campaign against them and totally boycott them while advising my colleagues and friends to do same except they either return my data or explain to me the "high data volume " applications I used.
The phone number where the data was stolen from is 090383563**please if you also know where or how I can report then to the NCC please help a brother. If you can, forward same. Thanks

#MTNReturnMyData
Re: MTN In Fresh Trouble, Fined $8.5million by tiredface: 8:38am On May 18, 2017
It's in their DNA, MTN never play by the rules
Re: MTN In Fresh Trouble, Fined $8.5million by DJInfluence: 9:04am On May 18, 2017
MTN = Serial offender.
Re: MTN In Fresh Trouble, Fined $8.5million by 1miccza: 9:26am On May 18, 2017
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

That would have been a nice idea if we here are good at preserving what's ours or even managing it successfully, Nigerians including yours truly are good at destroying what's theirs.
Re: MTN In Fresh Trouble, Fined $8.5million by mikolo80: 12:37pm On May 18, 2017
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

so that nobody will come and invest in your lawless country. Na WA for you o. And you sef go wan claim intelligent
Re: MTN In Fresh Trouble, Fined $8.5million by mikolo80: 12:37pm On May 18, 2017
Omagago:
Better Telecoms Regulator, unlike one useless NCC that connive with them to milk us dry
we get other network to choose from o guy
Re: MTN In Fresh Trouble, Fined $8.5million by Dollabiz: 1:16pm On May 18, 2017
Good
Re: MTN In Fresh Trouble, Fined $8.5million by Nmanuanu(f): 12:38pm On May 19, 2017
Clearly, MTN doesn't have a strong compliance team...

(1) (2) (Reply)

About Mtn #25 Night Browsing / Gionee CONTROL V1 Android Phone Specification / Send SMS @ Cheaper rate With Airtel SMS Bundle 2 any Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.