Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,807 members, 7,806,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. (11688 Views)

Why Do Men Go For Calabar And Igbo Women? More..need Clarifacation / Calabar Girls.. Why The Believe That They Are Sex Freaks. "Totally False" / Traditional marriage Requirements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. by izeek(m): 10:04am On Jan 13, 2010
Pls anyone from calabar that has an idea of the things 2 present during trad marriage for a calaba lady. Her parents dnt knw wasup cos they been abroad for 2 long. She nids d list urgently so her groom wud knw wat 2 present. Pls if u from dat area and av an idea, kindly post. Tanx.
Re: Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. by kufreabasi(m): 12:01pm On Jan 13, 2010
You guys don't know anything.
How can you generalised all ladies from that axis as calabar girls or ladies.
Do you if what is being reqired from Cross River State (Calabar) is the same as that of Akwa Ibom State (uyo) as in the issue of traditional marriage?

what you decide for your daughters' head from Ondo state can never never be the same as that of Akwa Ibom OR Cross River(Calabar) as you've rightly put it.
Be specific, for you are getting it all wrong.

izeek:

Pls anyone from calabar that has an idea of the things 2 present during trad marriage for a calaba lady. Her parents dnt knw wasup cos they been abroad for 2 long. She nids d list urgently so her groom wud knw wat 2 present. Pls if u from dat area and av an idea, kindly post. Tanx.
Re: Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. by larrybaby: 12:16pm On Jan 13, 2010
get a wedding planner.
Re: Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. by ZUBBYNWA(m): 12:38pm On Jan 13, 2010
Shame to her parent who did not know the requirement of their village i dey tell them na me carry them come aboard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. by franko2: 1:11pm On Jan 13, 2010
Na wa for some people sha!

Am not from Calabar/Cross River axis so, cant really help you but, some responses and reactions to certain dilemmas can be overly ignorant sometimes sha! Silence, is sometimes better than basketmouthing, and those time when its so, it can be GOLDEN
Re: Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. by ladi2009: 1:15pm On Jan 13, 2010
Mine is 5 years. l can be of help if you will make me a consultant, abi. l am from oun State and people often asked me why that far? my answer to them is why not that far? The essence is happiness. l am also blessed with a wonderful and thoughtful mother-in-law. Like l said earlier, peace of mind happiness is the lmportant factor here and l have them with my mother-in-law. Less l forget l will be your consultant, Let me search my house for the list l was given before my wedding. or better still l can show you a video documentary we did on Efik tarditional marriage.
Re: Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. by sweetliet: 1:30pm On Jan 13, 2010
come to my room for a perfect list, lol
Re: Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. by gregg2: 2:14pm On Jan 13, 2010
Where in Calabar is your spouse from?
Re: Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:24pm On Jan 13, 2010
Am a calabar girl, but the requirements for my place might differ from where the lady in question is from. So what part is she from?
Re: Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. by jaybee3(m): 2:28pm On Jan 13, 2010
^^^
dat explains the sexyness cool
Re: Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. by vislabraye(m): 2:30pm On Jan 13, 2010
kufreabasi:

You guys don't know anything.
How can you generalised all ladies from that axis as calabar girls or ladies.
Do you if what is being reqired from Cross River State (Calabar) is the same as that of Akwa Ibom State (uyo) as in the issue of traditional marriage?

what you decide for your daughters' head from Ondo state can never never be the same as that of Akwa Ibom OR Cross River(Calabar) as you've rightly put it.
Be specific, for you are getting it all wrong.

Chill out. The poster didn't say he doesn't know the difference between Calabar and Aqua Ibom.
Re: Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:46pm On Jan 13, 2010
jay bee:

^^^
dat explains the sexyness cool
okkkk Jay Bee. lol. Thank u.
Re: Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. by Ben13: 2:56pm On Jan 13, 2010
I'm sure some kind of fetish sacrifices will be included. . . tongue
Re: Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. by MUNEER2(m): 3:02pm On Jan 13, 2010
Yam and palm oil go surely dey grin grin grin
Re: Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. by blackcat1: 3:26pm On Jan 13, 2010
The parents should call their relatives in the village or don't they have relatives anymore? angry
Re: Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. by tukod(m): 3:30pm On Jan 13, 2010
My dear you dont know what you are asking and you can not get such info in public area of this nature.Tell the parent to come home or send emmissaries to their village and consult with their ELDERS, SHIKENA
Re: Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. by koolchicco: 5:17pm On Jan 13, 2010
Anu Nkita (404) will do
Re: Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. by maxtop(m): 5:50pm On Jan 13, 2010
#1m in an envelope, a letter bomb and AIDS vaccine. so simple grin grin grin
Re: Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. by mendax: 6:07pm On Jan 13, 2010
if the girl and her parents dont know what is required, y bother? if it was so important to them, they should hav known!!

y u wan marry calabar girl sef? grin
Re: Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. by mamagee3(f): 11:22pm On Jan 13, 2010
Come with a necklace, wrapper and a butcher Knife. wink
Re: Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. by willyspace(m): 10:03pm On Jan 16, 2010
father; 4 corner bottled hot drink, native gin, head of tobacco, he goat, machete with sheathe, some cash, wrappers(wrapped on the 4 corner hot drink), jar of palm wine, singlets, pants, traditional attire, hat, shoes, crates of beer, soft drinks, whiskey, cognac etc etc(the list can be more extensive depending on the area), walking stick.
mother; she goat, basin of pepper, bag of salt, blouses, wrappers, box of assorted clothings pressed down, basin of crayfish, pants, bras, crates of soft drinks, cartons of wine,cash etc etc
Village Women;crates of soft drinks, wine, malt, brooms, cash.
youth football, crates of beer, jar of palm wine, native gin, cash.
depending on the areas, in my area, the grandparents from both sides are included, cousins, in-laws etc etc
Re: Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. by izeek(m): 12:48pm On Jan 18, 2010
to those who replied sensibly i say a big tanx.

truth is she is from kalabar central, and am not the one tieing the knot.
the list my bro got was kinda funny hence he asked me to find out since they both are not in the nigeria.

well if you have good info, wud help. tanx.
Re: Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. by Onosone(m): 1:10am On Apr 02, 2010
Pls i am in luv wit a calaba girl 4rm abia state.i want know more about their culture and their moral condut, onos
Re: Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. by joyidarauko: 8:16pm On Jan 03, 2014
Hahahah this is very funny , what is the meaning of aboard , people that are even citizen even no how to speak their dilate and u talking abut list here , ahahha quiet funny cus am a calabar girl. Frm root and my anty makes the traditional hair for traditional marriage but so sorry cause I will not tell you , also go to your village
Re: Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. by stellarby(f): 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2015
^^^ Idara is not an Efik name. It's AkwaIbom. So, what you may have to offer is an ibibio list.
As for the poster, I realize this is an old post, I do hope your bro is happily married now. The list actually must be given by the family, so it is necessary for one to go back to one's roots when it comes to traditional matters such as this. The whole extended family is usually involved and not just the girl's nuclear family.
Re: Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. by Michaelisaacng(m): 6:58pm On Nov 07, 2019
Can any one tell me somethings I need to know about Abi, in cross river state, I am getting married soon and I want to know if the people Of Abi gets married to outsiders. Thank you
Re: Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls. by Banmeallday: 6:13pm On Nov 08, 2019

(1) (Reply)

How Rare Is It To Be A Light Skinned Yoruba Girl? / Yoruba Girls/women Wear Waist Beads And This Is What It Culturally Means! / Any Esan In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.