Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Obasanjo Planned To Make Vehicles Run On CNG - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Obasanjo Planned To Make Vehicles Run On CNG (959 Views)

No Going Back On Planned Enforcement Of New Licence, Plate Numbers – FRSC / Nigerian, Austrian Firms To Make Vehicles Run On Gas / Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Planned To Make Vehicles Run On CNG by Addegbuyi(m): 2:44pm On May 18, 2017
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Sunday said his intention during his regime was to develop the nation’s natural gas for vehicles to use and reduce dependence on imported petrol.
Obasanjo said he gave out licences to companies in a bid to achieve this, adding that by now, 50 per cent of the vehicles in the country should have been running on gas.
Curled from http://punchng.com/planned-make-vehicles-run-gas-obas
Unfortunately, over a decade after the license, the country is yet to have enough vehicles run on CNG. I was talking to a friend on converting his car engine to using Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) and he brought out a list of questions. Here are some excerpts of his questions:
1. What does "Dual-Fuel" mean?
Dual-Fuel can be defined as the simultaneous combustion of two fuels. In the case of the Dual-Fuel System, natural gas is utilized in conjunction with petrol fuel to operate the engine. After conversion, the engine is able to operate on either 100% petrol fuel, or alternately, on a mixture of petrol fuel and natural gas.
2. On which fuel does the engine start?
During initial startup, the engine operates on 100% petrol fuel. After which, it automatically switches to the usage of gas.
3. Does the conversion de-rate the engine power?
No, the conversion does not de-rate an engine. Full power is maintained by providing the necessary energy to the engine as needed.
4. What happens to the engine operation, if gas supply is lost?
It automatically changes over from Dual fuel to petrol Operation. When natural gas pressure is restored, the process is reversed back to Dual Fuel, uninterrupted.
5. Does the Conversion change anything on the Engine?
The conversion does not interfere with the engine integrity. The conversion technology has been designed to allow engines to run freely without the need to change or modify the design of the engine. The conversion hardware is installed externally on the engine and does not re-modify the engine neither does it alter any critical engine parameter.
6. Can the engine be converted back to petrol?:
Yes, it can be converted back to petrol usage. Once the hardware installed is removed, the engine is back to petrol usage only.
7. How much will I save if I run my vehicle on CNG?
You will be saving more than 50% of your normal cost for buying petrol when you run your car engine on dual-fuel.
8. Is the CNG option safe as a vehicular fuel
Yes, it is absolutely very safe as vehicular fuel
Do you have more questions? Please add yours to the list and the answers will be supplied.
But what I am sure of is CNG is the best alternative to petrol in every ramifications.
Waiting for your questions...... or you like our facebook page - CNGTECH GAS INNOVATIONS or follow us on twitter- @cngtechgas
cheers
#LETS GO GREEN

1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Planned To Make Vehicles Run On CNG by dingbang(m): 3:51pm On May 18, 2017
So you think Capital Oil will agree to this... You want to spoil his business.. You also want to spoil the cabals responsible for the epileptic power supply just because they are importing generators..

They will soon come for your head just like they did to Dora Akunyili... Nigeria is cursed
Re: Obasanjo Planned To Make Vehicles Run On CNG by DaimlerBen(m): 4:55pm On May 18, 2017
Please don't over-embellish facts.
3. Does the conversion de-rate the engine power?
No, the conversion does not de-rate an engine. Full power is maintained by providing the necessary energy to the engine as needed.
Yes, you lose some power as CNG has a lower heat of combustion per litre than petrol.
Re: Obasanjo Planned To Make Vehicles Run On CNG by bsideboii(m): 5:14pm On May 18, 2017
Obasanjo was indeed the last reasonable president we had.
Great innovation there with proper sensitization a lot people will buy the idea.I know those red ,sahara energy official cars run on CNG.
I also remember entering a danfo bus from ketu to Mowe that ran on CNG and even did a refill along the expressway indeed I was impressed.

OP my question is how often will we see a gas refill station having converted our engine to dual fuel?

Since you said no modifications will done on the engine.. where will this gas be stored before combustion?
Re: Obasanjo Planned To Make Vehicles Run On CNG by DaimlerBen(m): 9:41pm On May 18, 2017
bsideboii:
Great innovation there with proper sensitization a lot people will buy the idea.I know those red ,sahara energy official cars run on CNG.
I also remember entering a danfo bus from ketu to Mowe that ran on CNG and even did a refill along the expressway indeed I was impressed.

OP my question is how often will we see a gas refill station having converted our engine to dual fuel?

Since you said no modifications will done on the engine.. where will this gas be stored before combustion?
In a cylinder in the boot.
Re: Obasanjo Planned To Make Vehicles Run On CNG by bsideboii(m): 10:33pm On May 18, 2017
DaimlerBen:
In a cylinder in the boot.
I thought as much. Thanks.
Re: Obasanjo Planned To Make Vehicles Run On CNG by Addegbuyi(m): 8:57am On May 19, 2017
dingbang:
So you think Capital Oil will agree to this... You want to spoil his business.. You also want to spoil the cabals responsible for the epileptic power supply just because they are importing generators..

They will soon come for your head just like they did to Dora Akunyili... Nigeria is cursed

This report is not new. President Obasanjo gave out the license to a company right here in Nigeria over 10years ago and no head has been declared lost or broken. Change can only begin with us like its popularly said. We the citizens of the country have always been the ones to kill dreams to alleviate our troubles. Whether you like it or not CNG usage has come to stay in Nigeria. Nobody is spoiling other peoples's business.
Re: Obasanjo Planned To Make Vehicles Run On CNG by Addegbuyi(m): 8:58am On May 19, 2017
dingbang:

It is a matter of choice which you want to use; CNG or Petrol.
Re: Obasanjo Planned To Make Vehicles Run On CNG by Addegbuyi(m): 9:59am On May 19, 2017
bsideboii:

A part of the trunk of the car has to be sacrificed for the cylinder. Sometimes, it could be the compartment for the extra tyre that wikk be used for the cylinder. It depends on the trunk of the car in question.

(1) (Reply)

Knowledge On Car Fans / Recommend Automotive Services / How To Check Your Oil Level On 2012 Audi And Upwards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.