Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,443 members, 7,781,290 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:52 AM

The Brutal Reality Of Foot Binding Among Women In Ancient China(Photos) - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Brutal Reality Of Foot Binding Among Women In Ancient China(Photos) (7069 Views)

22 Confirmed Dead After Chemical Explosions In China (Photos) / 5 Most Brutal And Ruthless Warlords In Africa (Pics) / Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Brutal Reality Of Foot Binding Among Women In Ancient China(Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:20am On May 20, 2017
Annibiteye:
Foot binding practiced by the Chinese just as female circumcision is practiced in some parts of Nigeria. The latter practice is even more brutal even though the practice is gradually fading away.

Yes, just few survivors.
Re: The Brutal Reality Of Foot Binding Among Women In Ancient China(Photos) by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 24, 2017
Actually explorers, you'll be suprised to learn that our feet are still being binded even today, although not to this level. Most Asians or any individual with an asian background will tell you about bandaging the child's feet. Its mostly done to ladies to avoid having big "men" foot. A few tribes still practice this nowadays.

A shoe size 5 for a lady is bad.......thats what my granny says. Crazy things.

I guess the purpose behind the binding differs from country....culture to culture
Re: The Brutal Reality Of Foot Binding Among Women In Ancient China(Photos) by Explorers(m): 7:12pm On May 24, 2017
jagugu88li:

Its mostly done to ladies to avoid having big "men" foot. A few tribes still practice this nowadays.

A shoe size 5 for a lady is bad.......thats what my granny says. Crazy things.

I guess the purpose behind the binding differs from country....culture to culture

That's bad
Re: The Brutal Reality Of Foot Binding Among Women In Ancient China(Photos) by hopara1(m): 12:50pm On May 26, 2017
More confuse than concern...
Re: The Brutal Reality Of Foot Binding Among Women In Ancient China(Photos) by Blessingiyama(f): 10:06am On Sep 21, 2021
Very evil practice right there https://urbanwomanmag.com/foot-binding/
Re: The Brutal Reality Of Foot Binding Among Women In Ancient China(Photos) by grandstar(m): 3:00pm On Aug 30, 2023
The women who had best feet seemed to love it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obama's Daughter Breaks Internet With New Delicious Photos / Ultimate Weapons / Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.