Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,090 members, 7,807,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court (8845 Views)

Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch / 11 Reasons Why Nyesom Wike Should Not Be Sworn In - Joe Igbokwe / Governor-Elect To Be Sworn-in By His Mother-in-Law On May 29th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by funlover1(m): 1:18pm On Jan 13, 2010
An Abuja high court has just [[ruled]] that Vice President Goodluck Jonathan should be sworn-in as acting President immediately.

A Federal High Court in Abuja, on Wednesday, asked the Chief Justice of Nigeria to swear-in Vice President Goodluck Jonathan as acting president of Nigeria pending the return of President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua from Saudi Arabia.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5511362-146/court_asks_chief_justice_to_swear-in.csp
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by Beaf: 1:20pm On Jan 13, 2010
BBC won't carry this. angry
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 13, 2010
You know this won't happen. . . . .right?? Well, i think.
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by ojimboIV: 1:21pm On Jan 13, 2010
this will be the acid test of the independence of our judicial system.
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by PapaBrowne(m): 1:27pm On Jan 13, 2010
Yeah!! Now lets see what that illiterate of an Aondoaka has to say about this!!
I hope the swearing in is done immediately!!
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by vikiviko(m): 1:28pm On Jan 13, 2010
Good luck is smiling on a fellow called Jonathan.

Congratulations in advance Jonathan Goodluck.
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by ojimboIV: 1:32pm On Jan 13, 2010
i cant wait to hear aondoaka's response to this ruling. let's see if he get's all aggressive and spews out another misquotation of the constitution. he always has a way with his use of the conditional conjuction 'IF'. don't be amazed when he blunders in the earliest press conference briefing. grin grin
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by jimmysho(m): 1:37pm On Jan 13, 2010
they will appeal the ruling immediately
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by DRANOEL(m): 1:41pm On Jan 13, 2010
what kind of journalism is that? "swear in jonathan" no details given,are you sure it's even true?
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by jimmysho(m): 1:44pm On Jan 13, 2010
hw romantic is this cheery news
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by jimmysho(m): 1:46pm On Jan 13, 2010
it is a breaking news. it is always sketch because breaking news is always hot. check other papers
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by DRANOEL(m): 1:50pm On Jan 13, 2010
it will definitely be appealed and status quo maintained
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by bibiking1(m): 1:50pm On Jan 13, 2010
We wished sha
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by jimmysho(m): 1:55pm On Jan 13, 2010
dRANOEL, U ve been paid to join this forum. anyway feel because seun wont collect the token u ve been paid by ur principal
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by vigasimple(m): 1:57pm On Jan 13, 2010
The Useless govt will appeal, and I hope they go staright to the Supreme court, and Supreme court makes a ruling, and that will set precedent for the future of this country.

The High Court Ruling is a good start.

PDP govt need to be sacked but they are getting away with murder because we have no credible opposition.
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by DRANOEL(m): 1:59pm On Jan 13, 2010
just saying it as it is bro!
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by jimmysho(m): 2:00pm On Jan 13, 2010
i wish d appeal come fast
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by blacksta(m): 2:03pm On Jan 13, 2010
Why the hell is Mr goodluck not speaking up - This man can forcefully claim this position?
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by sammyzacks(m): 2:06pm On Jan 13, 2010
congratulations to all of my people who have been in this struggle. this is a landmark victory for democracy.
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by asha80(m): 2:07pm On Jan 13, 2010
jimmysho:

i wish d appeal come fast

If i may ask why?
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by desgiezd(m): 2:07pm On Jan 13, 2010
While I agree that the hawks may go on an appeal, what really is there to appeal for? And what is it in Jonathan that these people fear so much? Is this a military government where Jonathan could overthrow the government through a coup? This is truly amazing!!
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by jimmysho(m): 2:08pm On Jan 13, 2010
blacksta:

Why the hell is Mr goodluck not speaking up - This man can forcefully claim this position?

relax, he does not want to rush things so as not to be seen as been too ambitious
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by jimmysho(m): 2:09pm On Jan 13, 2010
asha 80:

If i may ask why?

so that the case move fast to the supreme court and the case determine as quick as possible
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by desgiezd(m): 2:10pm On Jan 13, 2010
blacksta:

I guess he was trying to avoid another episode of OBJ Vs ATK
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by sammyzacks(m): 2:10pm On Jan 13, 2010
rELAX MY PEOPLE. THERE WONT BE ANY REASON FOR APPEAL
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by jimmysho(m): 2:12pm On Jan 13, 2010
desgied, he has been experiencing that for long. do u remember the jounathan must resign saga. that was the product of distrust
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by desgiezd(m): 2:30pm On Jan 13, 2010
jimmysho:

desgied, he has been experiencing that for long. do u remember the jounathan must resign saga. that was the product of distrust

If this is what our VPs are facing, why then do people clamour to be one?
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by jimmysho(m): 2:33pm On Jan 13, 2010
desgiezd:

If this is what our VPs are facing, why then do people clamour to be one?
may want to go there for relivance, immunity protection and spoil. some believe if u 'act' well u could become CIC
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 13, 2010
blacksta:

His name's doing all the talking. grin
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by vigasimple(m): 3:09pm On Jan 13, 2010
jimmysho:

relax, he does not want to rush things so as not to be seen as been too ambitious

After more than 50days of YAR A'CLUELESS what is he rushing, what ambitousness? They are all abusing the constitution of this country.

I sincerely think that if a President is indisposed for more than 14 days maximum, the VP should realy step in. How are u guys able to sleep at night knowning that we don't have a C-I-C just in case any country try something silly. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT ACTING CAPACITY ONLY

In any even there are 100 and 1 thing YAR A'DO NOTHING could and should be impeached for on this medical trip alone.

After about 50days of not being available he called a foreign radio station ad speak Hausa as if he is the President of Arewa Republic. That alone is serious and show the kind of a person he is, he is not a leader and will never be in my own books.

When it comes to political matters, our Hausa brothers are the most dishonest in this country. They have always seeing power, especially the Presidency, Finance minister, Petroleum, defence,  FCT and Agricultural ministries as 'their own'. check the facts and records is their to confirm this.

At one point through this behaviour we shall cease to have a Nigeria as one country.
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by Beaf: 3:14pm On Jan 13, 2010
What exactly does "immediately" mean in this instance. Is it tomorrow, two days time, next week? We need to know.
Re: Jonathan To Be Sworn In As Acting President Immediately - Abuja High Court by chakaz(m): 3:23pm On Jan 13, 2010
U pple shld relax bcs gudluck is indeed a gudluck, check hw luck ve bin wit VP rite frm bayelsa. Hes takin d throne soon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Text Of Speech By Adeosun On Linking Capital Markets With Affordable Housing / Nigeria’s Unemployment, Poverty Rates Increased In 2017 – World Bank / Breaking : PDP Finally Won Osun Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.