Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com (2102 Views)

Website Review / Website Review / www.9jatech.com - Website Review, Your Comments Will Be Appreciated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com by anton(m): 5:23am On Dec 12, 2005
Greets, peeps.

I'm definitely not a webmaster, but i just published a site that i would like for some folks to check out. The site is www.presentdangeronline.com (pdo).

The location of the test bed site is at http://asadte05.tripod.com/index.html (tripod).

The issues i have are:

1 When viewed in ie from my desktop the font is like 2 nanometers tall, but on the laptop (where it was designed) it's alright. I called some other folks and it looked normal to them. It may be because i used ems to measure font size. any advice would be nice...

2 How are the H1 and H3 in the pdo site. Good or shave another .25 or so ems off? How is the text on the link page? Too big or what?

3 The review page doesn't work and I haven't made the contact form functional yet. I may add some more complexity to it.

And no, it's not a template. So hammer away at it and try to break it! (hint: just increase the font size in firefox; I really have to bullet proof that)

Holla! wink
Re: Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com by Seun(m): 8:55am On Dec 12, 2005
Anyway, it looks ok to me but the main font is quite large!
Re: Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com by Farriel(m): 10:19am On Dec 12, 2005
I think your site looks OK to some extent, but there are no doubt, some flaws one cannot overlook. I for one think your banner doesn't blend in with your overall look. What's with the bluish tint when your major colours are red (and is that green?).

I like the drop shadow effect on the main content box, good job, but font sizes are a little too big, IMO. Such big fonts and yet links are relatively small in comparison. One would think that if you've got such font size, link sizes should also be sort of equivalent.
Re: Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com by anton(m): 3:37pm On Dec 12, 2005
@Farriel
Thanks. Which links; the banner links, section navs, link page or footer links? You think I should make the links bigger or make the site fonts smaller? Yeah, i mos def hear you on the color matter. Asa himself did that in photo shop and i just popped it in. Really no excuse, because that was the first thing he gave me. I really wanted to focus on coding the contect box effect and integrating the nav bar into the banner. Next up is a flash player to hear "duplates". that wil be on the other side of the banner. Now, im thinking light blueish gray, black and a darker blue for the site scheme. I just have to figure out where to put what tongue...

I certainly appreciate all of your advice. It's being processed as we speak. Everyone else, I would like to know the browsers you use and load time critique. Also, when you click on the featured mixcd on the home page, is the resultant image legible? Can you read the titles or does that need to be a larger image?

Thanks, my peoples!

Holla! wink
Re: Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com by timmy(m): 12:50pm On Dec 13, 2005
man ur design is plain and hence it can not be fully blasted or praised.. but as it is your fonts are large, as in really large if you must do big text use 9pt they are safer.. on yur flyers page. OMG  shocked why did u mk a direct links to it original image, reduce the large image and make it open a new window since itled take a while to open.. always avoide horizontal scroll bars in your designs.. (tip)

ill pardon ur graphics skills. but if u can still adjust the banner it wont be bad.. alwys reduce ur images from foto editors rather dan resize dem from ur wisiwig editor..
Re: Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com by anton(m): 10:15pm On Dec 13, 2005
Okay, i fixed the links (totally forgot about...sorry, i'm used to dsl). Both sites now have the same style sheet (& font sizes), but i have changed the background color of the http://asadte05.tripod.com/index.html.

@timmy
stop hatin cool: this is work is pro bono and experimental in nature which explains why it is plain. No $$$, just trying to help out a friend and learn some new CSS techniques. Further more i had to make it simple because dude will be maintaining it himself. Thanks for catching the link issue, though. I wasn't even thinking about it... Good Save! smiley I use dreamweaver only for layout and export most images from fireworks 7. I hear you on the scroll; i despise it myself but by the time i had realized my mistake, the work flow had progressed to a point it would have been a freakin nightmare to do all that backtracking. Dude aint payin so it'll probably stay that way. rolleyes

Anyways, Thanks alll!

Holla peoples!

cool cheesy

wink
Re: Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com by timmy(m): 10:02am On Dec 14, 2005
hey man i aiint hating just duin what you asked for, bur hey even if it were free, u for still try better at least for portfolio sake tongue
Re: Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com by gbengaijot(m): 12:13pm On Dec 14, 2005
I am sorry if i am on the wrong thread, just want to ask some few questions concerning web designs. i av being trying to put a proper layout for my personal homepage. i just started learning dreamweaver. how can i put a curve on my layout in this sense, if u draw a sqaure layout, hw do u put a curve on the edge of it. also hw do i make the sectioned layout a colour, and make another layout another colour.
Re: Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com by timmy(m): 2:14pm On Dec 14, 2005
hey gbenga, w-sup.. for ur
how can i put a curve on my layout in this sense, if u draw a sqaure layout, hw do u put a curve on the edge of it.
all u have to do is to use an image with a curve.. you can either creat the square layout in photoshop/firework or the likes of it. then slice the image to soothe your table size.. wich ever way you choose it just has to be an image..
Re: Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com by anton(m): 3:46pm On Dec 14, 2005
@tim

i just funnin you cheesy. have you checked the photo and flyer links since i changed them. Also, i would like to know what size moniter and resolution do you use, since that was a problem for you.

Thanks for your help! grin
Re: Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com by timmy(m): 12:01pm On Dec 19, 2005
well im using an Hp1502 tft lcd flat monitor, at a 1024x768 resolution..
well i saw ur updates.. keep it real man and make it last grin.... nice one

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Create Football Prediction Table In Wordpress? / How Do Bloggers Make Money? Here Is Answer / What Is The Best Web Desgin Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.