Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,984 members, 7,799,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. (30298 Views)

Samsung A10s Unboxing And Review - The Slow Budget Phone That Cost N44,000 / Allcall Bro / Anyone Using Allcall Bro, How The Performance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by Kondomatic(m): 10:54pm On May 19, 2017
goldcoinhub:

hello please can I get link to the Aliexpress store, thanks
I will send one in the morning
Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by bobo65(m): 3:04am On May 20, 2017
RicardoRich:

Slow charging.. Wats d battry duratn wen fully charg'd?

6 to 7 hours

Takes about 2 hours to fill up from 0 to 100 with a 2A charger, as far u ain't pressing and charging

Once u have a good 2A charger, Ull enjoy d phone
Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by RicardoRich(m): 6:28am On May 20, 2017
bobo65:

6 to 7 hours

Takes about 2 hours to fill up from 0 to 100 with a 2A charger, as far u ain't pressing and charging

Once u have a good 2A charger, Ull enjoy d phone
It ain't so bad...
But I hrd its kinda heavy
Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by bobo65(m): 7:24am On May 20, 2017
RicardoRich:

It ain't so bad...
But I hrd its kinda heavy

Yeah it is
With time u will get used to it
It's not as heavy as they say
User it for about two months didn't feel its weight again
Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by Cannonleo(m): 8:28am On May 20, 2017
I pass, my HTC evita beats this phone in all aspects except in OS but the new lineage os has 7.1.1 waiting for me, when it is stable , I'll port.

custom roms rock
Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by dauddy97(m): 10:30am On May 20, 2017
Kondomatic:
I bet you haven't heard about this brand before?

Well, that's not a surprise because this is their first phone even though the company has been around for the past ten years. The company was founded by two brothers and I don't know if that's the reason behind the Bro in the phone's name or if it has to do with the dual rear camera.

Before I proceed with the review, lets take a look at what's in the box.

The phone arrived in wood themed box. Inside the box, you will see a blank AllCall Bro, charger, USB cable, sim ejector, and manual.

That's all.

The phone already has a screen protector installed but the type wasn't mentioned anywhere in the box or specifications.

Price N22 - 25k.

i need it as soon as possible,how can i get it,i stay in bauchi state.
Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by ShinyJay22(m): 12:34pm On May 20, 2017
Hello oga Kondo,pls can you help your boy with a step by step breakdown of how to transact on aliexpress as i've been trying so darn hard to buy a phone (ulephone power2) on the site but when i type my atm card details they keep telling me that i cant transact cos of some stuff and on calling my banks customer care (zenith) i was told cbn has cancelled such transactions and that i'd have to open a dormi account.Please what can i do about this bro?
Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by RicardoRich(m): 3:09pm On May 20, 2017
bobo65:

Yeah it is With time u will get used to it It's not as heavy as they say User it for about two months didn't feel its weight again
Okay... Thnks man.
Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by bobo65(m): 3:20pm On May 20, 2017
ShinyJay22:
Hello oga Kondo,pls can you help your boy with a step by step breakdown of how to transact on aliexpress as i've been trying so darn hard to buy a phone (ulephone power2) on the site but when i type my atm card details they keep telling me that i cant transact cos of some stuff and on calling my banks customer care (zenith) i was told cbn has cancelled such transactions and that i'd have to open a dormi account.Please what can i do about this bro?

Use either gt mastercard or access bank visacard
Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by Kondomatic(m): 3:24pm On May 20, 2017
ShinyJay22:
You have two options bro.

First is to get a GTB or access bank master card. These are the credit cards that work but you cannot spend more than $100 per month.

Alternatively you can contact people like initialize and buy from him.

2 Likes

Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by Kondomatic(m): 3:25pm On May 20, 2017
dauddy97:

i need it as soon as possible,how can i get it,i stay in bauchi state.
You can buy it online bro
Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by ShinyJay22(m): 4:14pm On May 20, 2017
Kondomatic:
You have two options bro.

First is to get a GTB or access bank master card. These are the credit cards that work but you cannot spend more than $100 per month.

Alternatively you can contact people like initialize and buy from him.
Thanks for the info bro.Its just sad that the ulephone power 2 costs more than the specified 100 usd limit.
Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by Kondomatic(m): 4:16pm On May 20, 2017
ShinyJay22:
Thanks for the info bro.Its just sad that the ulephone power 2 costs more than the specified 100 usd limit.
Ya, you can fund your Ali pocket and then wait till next month to complete it or get someone who uses GTB and then use his card to complete it.

Let me invite Quivah to guide you.
Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by ShinyJay22(m): 6:44pm On May 20, 2017
Kondomatic:

Ya, you can fund your Ali pocket and then wait till next month to complete it or get someone who uses GTB and then use his card to complete it.

Let me invite Quivah to guide you.
Wow,thanks alot for this much needed info bro.My appreciation knows no bounds.
Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by Beejayx: 5:58am On May 21, 2017
ShinyJay22:
Wow,thanks alot for this much needed info bro.My appreciation knows no bounds.
I have cards you can use.....
Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by ShinyJay22(m): 6:34am On May 21, 2017
Beejayx:

I have cards you can use.....
Thanks for the offer bro.I have already gotten cards for the transaction too.
Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by pickup9785: 12:14am On May 24, 2017
Hi, I am due to receive my AllCall Bro in the next few days, I'm mostly interested in the dual camera.

Anyway, I had a read through the review because I am interested in what it is that I'm going to receive, haha. I continued to read through the posts, and what struck me is the lack of information where to purchase from. I got mine from gearbest, and I only paid £44 delivered (I'm in the UK). They are a very reputable company, and I have placed some 50+ orders with them over the last few years without any issues.

They currently have a promo on for the phone at $65.99, google says that is 20770 NGN, and that includes delivery. I'm getting nothing out of this, I'm just trying to help you guys out, so I hope this information is of use to you ! I will come back here and let you all know what I think when it arrives.
Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by ringi82(m): 4:02am On Jun 22, 2017
pickup9785:
Hi, I am due to receive my AllCall Bro in the next few days, I'm mostly interested in the dual camera.

Anyway, I had a read through the review because I am interested in what it is that I'm going to receive, haha. I continued to read through the posts, and what struck me is the lack of information where to purchase from. I got mine from gearbest, and I only paid £44 delivered (I'm in the UK). They are a very reputable company, and I have placed some 50+ orders with them over the last few years without any issues.

They currently have a promo on for the phone at $65.99, google says that is 20770 NGN, and that includes delivery. I'm getting nothing out of this, I'm just trying to help you guys out, so I hope this information is of use to you ! I will come back here and let you all know what I think when it arrives.
Have you gotten the phone? What are your views about it, is it worth the buy? I intend getting one too.

1 Like

Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by pickup9785: 9:28pm On Jun 22, 2017
ringi82:

Have you gotten the phone? What are your views about it, is it worth the buy? I intend getting one too.

Yes I received the phone, and overall I was pleasantly surprised.

The overall build quality of the phone is very good, the metal feels nice in the hand, and it is generally aesthetically pleasing.

The screen is of good quality, with sharp images and vibrant colours. The white was very noticeably off white when compared to my other phone (Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro - with a cracked screen), but when not directly comparing and using the phone over a day, it wasn't even noticeable anymore, or at least didn't bother me.

Fingerprint sensor isn't as good as my old phone, but that was a lot more expensive. It is just as fast, but didn't trigger every time, I did get used to it though, and can turn it on every time if I put my finger in the same spot.

Overall, the touchscreen is great and response, but I did find at the very edges, a quick tap didn't always register. Pressing with a bit more force usually worked fine, but it wasn't perfect. Again, it is something I am fairly used to now and doesn't bother me anymore.

It only has 1gb of ram. Having said that, it is plain android without any rubbish, I honestly haven't found any performance issue at all, no stalling or jerkiness. Even multitasking seems to work well.

Basic 3D games ran fine. I would guess heavy 3D would struggle, not the sort of thing I play, everything I tried has run well.

Battery is mediocre, but it will easily do a day with medium to heavy usage.

Now the bit I was most exited about trying, the camera ! The standard camera mode is rather disappointing.

I was also 'initially' disappointed with the 'two camera' mode. Once I actually figured out that you need to switch it to portrait mode (camera mode, not orientation) for it to work, it didn't work as I expected. I thought it would use the second camera for depth to create a bokeh affect on objects in the distance, whilst keeping the focus on item of interest. Instead of the desired effect, it produced a radial bokeh mixed with a depth bokeh, but with more emphasis on the former, the balance tips to the latter the closer the item of interest is to the camera, or if you zoom in.

The thing is, the more I played with it, the less disappointing I became, the quality of the pictures that can be taken in this mode are amazing ! The colours are accurate ! The details are very sharp, if a little over sharpened... but without noise ! You can zoom in to the point where each pixel is visible, and it is still sharp with no noise !

Thinking about the two camera configuration, I theorised that it might be using the second camera, set out of focus, to provide the image that can be combined with the primary with a varying amount from the point you select to focus on. The depth bokeh is probably just the natural bokeh of the primary camera. That however, does not explain why the pictures taken in that mode are far superior, much sharper, and with better colour than those taken in standard mode. Maybe the second camera is used as primary in this mode, and the other is used for blur, or maybe I have it wrong and it does focus both and combines the two to get the extra detail ? Or the second camera is focused, but has a much larger aperture to produce more bokeh, but still combine using a radial blend. Answers on a postcard please.

Anyway, I am very very impressed with the pictures taken in that mode. I showed my dad the pictures, and zoomed in to show the detail achieved. He was so impressed that he showed interest in buying one to take pictures of the flies he has tied, as his digital camera (which is a decent Panasonic Lumix, albeit a few years old) wasn't up to the job. He never did buy one, but I'm sure it gives you an idea of the quality.

I will see if I can upload some example photo's I've taken soon, so you can see what I mean

So, for a cheap phone, and it is cheap, I am fairly impressed. It is far from perfect, but the flaws are minor, and for me, the camera makes up for all of that.

I hope that is helpful to you ringi82 !

1 Like

Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by ringi82(m): 4:52am On Jun 23, 2017
pickup9785:

Yes I received the phone, and overall I was pleasantly surprised.

The overall build quality of the phone is very good, the metal feels nice in the hand, and it is generally aesthetically pleasing.

The screen is of good quality, with sharp images and vibrant colours. The white was very noticeably off white when compared to my other phone (Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro - with a cracked screen), but when not directly comparing and using the phone over a day, it wasn't even noticeable anymore, or at least didn't bother me.

Fingerprint sensor isn't as good as my old phone, but that was a lot more expensive. It is just as fast, but didn't trigger every time, I did get used to it though, and can turn it on every time if I put my finger in the same spot.

Overall, the touchscreen is great and response, but I did find at the very edges, a quick tap didn't always register. Pressing with a bit more force usually worked fine, but it wasn't perfect. Again, it is something I am fairly used to now and doesn't bother me anymore.

It only has 1gb of ram. Having said that, it is plain android without any rubbish, I honestly haven't found any performance issue at all, no stalling or jerkiness. Even multitasking seems to work well.

Basic 3D games ran fine. I would guess heavy 3D would struggle, not the sort of thing I play, everything I tried has run well.

Battery is mediocre, but it will easily do a day with medium to heavy usage.

Now the bit I was most exited about trying, the camera ! The standard camera mode is rather disappointing.

I was also 'initially' disappointed with the 'two camera' mode. Once I actually figured out that you need to switch it to portrait mode (camera mode, not orientation) for it to work, it didn't work as I expected. I thought it would use the second camera for depth to create a bokeh affect on objects in the distance, whilst keeping the focus on item of interest. Instead of the desired effect, it produced a radial bokeh mixed with a depth bokeh, but with more emphasis on the former, the balance tips to the latter the closer the item of interest is to the camera, or if you zoom in.

The thing is, the more I played with it, the less disappointing I became, the quality of the pictures that can be taken in this mode are amazing ! The colours are accurate ! The details are very sharp, if a little over sharpened... but without noise ! You can zoom in to the point where each pixel is visible, and it is still sharp with no noise !

Thinking about the two camera configuration, I theorised that it might be using the second camera, set out of focus, to provide the image that can be combined with the primary with a varying amount from the point you select to focus on. The depth bokeh is probably just the natural bokeh of the primary camera. That however, does not explain why the pictures taken in that mode are far superior, much sharper, and with better colour than those taken in standard mode. Maybe the second camera is used as primary in this mode, and the other is used for blur, or maybe I have it wrong and it does focus both and combines the two to get the extra detail ? Or the second camera is focused, but has a much larger aperture to produce more bokeh, but still combine using a radial blend. Answers on a postcard please.

Anyway, I am very very impressed with the pictures taken in that mode. I showed my dad the pictures, and zoomed in to show the detail achieved. He was so impressed that he showed interest in buying one to take pictures of the flies he has tied, as his digital camera (which is a decent Panasonic Lumix, albeit a few years old) wasn't up to the job. He never did buy one, but I'm sure it gives you an idea of the quality.

I will see if I can upload some example photo's I've taken soon, so you can see what I mean

So, for a cheap phone, and it is cheap, I am fairly impressed. It is far from perfect, but the flaws are minor, and for me, the camera makes up for all of that.

I hope that is helpful to you ringi82 !
Wow! Am impressed. That's in-depth. Am looking forward to ur uploaded pics. My only worry now is the nano sim requirement. I switch networks all the time and they are all micro-sims. May be difficult and time consuming doing a sim swap for some of d networks, especially etisalat and mtn which I use the most. I also heard a new version is out. Almost same spec as allcall bro but with more battery juice; AllCall Rio its called.
Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by Kondomatic(m): 11:14am On Jul 02, 2017
rookidmart:

GTB and Access Bank have revised their rates to at least ₦375/$.

Only UBA still does ₦320/$ but it only works within 12:00 - 12:05 AM or thereabouts.
Do you know how much access bank is charging per dollar now?
Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by fibonacci2526: 11:45am On Jul 02, 2017
Kondomatic:
Do you know how much access bank is charging per dollar now?

Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by Kondomatic(m): 12:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Alright, thanks
Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by joespiceman(m): 12:56pm On Jul 02, 2017
Kondomatic:
DESIGN

AllCall Bro features a full metal unibody design using aviation aluminum alloy with 0.08mm advanced CNC Technology.

The front panel is covered with SHARP high contrast ration and color gamut, 5.0 inch HD screen with 2.5D glass. The display is good, sunlight readability is good and viewing angles are great.

Below the display is a Samsung like home button that's equipped with 0.2 seconds Front touching ID.

On the top left sits a 2mp front camera, the receiver is located in the center while the sensors and notifications light takes the right side.

The sim tray which takes two nano simcards or 1 simcard and microSD can be found on the left side of the phone and a power button and volume button are located on the left.

On the top rear of the AllCall Bro sits a dual 2+8mp camera and single flash.

The company's logo can be seen below the camera.

The earpiece port and charging port are located at the top of the phone while the speaker and mouthpiece can be found on the bottom.

Overall, the phone feels good in hand. This isn't surprising because it's all metal. The company took some design cues from Apple and what you get in the end is a beautifully crafted entry level smartphone that stands out in a crowd.

For those of you asking where to buy.

You can buy from here

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_623968.html
please how do I order from gearbest. Their payment method. Delivery. I live in Port Harcourt
Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by Kondomatic(m): 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2017
joespiceman:
please how do I order from gearbest. Their payment method. Delivery. I live in Port Harcourt
Do you have a Debit card that can make international payment?

Why not wait small for Allcall Rio?

It's stronger, more beautiful and equally affordable.

I am expecting mine soon, please wait for my review.
Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by joespiceman(m): 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kondomatic:
Do you have a Debit card that can make international payment?

please keep me posted
Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by oregan(m): 4:59pm On Jul 04, 2017
Kondomatic:

we are waiting bro....
Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by Donahue(m): 11:34am On Aug 31, 2017
I have buy one recently, really with good effects?
Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by henry007(m): 12:56pm On Aug 31, 2017
Kondomatic:
DESIGN

AllCall Bro features a full metal unibody design using aviation aluminum alloy with 0.08mm advanced CNC Technology.

The front panel is covered with SHARP high contrast ration and color gamut, 5.0 inch HD screen with 2.5D glass. The display is good, sunlight readability is good and viewing angles are great.

Below the display is a Samsung like home button that's equipped with 0.2 seconds Front touching ID.

On the top left sits a 2mp front camera, the receiver is located in the center while the sensors and notifications light takes the right side.

The sim tray which takes two nano simcards or 1 simcard and microSD can be found on the left side of the phone and a power button and volume button are located on the left.

On the top rear of the AllCall Bro sits a dual 2+8mp camera and single flash.

The company's logo can be seen below the camera.

The earpiece port and charging port are located at the top of the phone while the speaker and mouthpiece can be found on the bottom.

Overall, the phone feels good in hand. This isn't surprising because it's all metal. The company took some design cues from Apple and what you get in the end is a beautifully crafted entry level smartphone that stands out in a crowd.

For those of you asking where to buy.

You can buy from here

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_623968.html

The logo at the back looks really tacky. That skin reminds me of my 2013 Tecno Phantom A. Slap a skin on it asap!
Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by Kondomatic(m): 6:59pm On Sep 01, 2017
henry007:

The logo at the back looks really tacky. That skin reminds me of my 2013 Tecno Phantom A. Slap a skin on it asap!
Lols. It was a review unit from the company and I gave it to a friend after the review.
Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by henry007(m): 1:43am On Sep 02, 2017
Kondomatic:
Lols. It was a review unit from the company and I gave it to a friend after the review.

Link to the review?

Or is the page one review it?
Re: Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. by Kondomatic(m): 12:13pm On Sep 02, 2017
henry007:

Link to the review?

Or is the page one review it?
Yeah. The agreement is to create awareness on Nland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted SD Card And Flash Drive / What's The Funniest Wrong Number Text/call You've Ever Gotten? / Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.