Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Job Interview! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Interview! (631 Views)

Is This Job Interview Real? / How To Nail Every Job Interview / Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Job Interview! by Victorakats(m): 8:30am On May 19, 2017
Stage one : you are invited for an aptitude test

You : Hello, which school did you finish from, what's your grade....
Other: I finished from..., made...
You : I know that "we" will smash the test. All the best

Stage Two : Two weeks later, the result is out and ten out of fifty passed the test and you were among the ten.

You : wow, you must be very smart and intelligent.
Other: na God, no be say I read well
You : (feeling confident and comfortable with your test result) it doesn't matter who gets the job, we are all good for this job.
Nb: the company needs two persons.

Stage Three: You made it to stage three, with two other people.
You : (In your mind : Dear Lord, please let me get this job, I have searched for a job for years, I cannot come this close and go empty handed)
You : Hello my name is Jackson, what of you?
Ellen : I'm Ellen
You : Do you know anyone in the company?
Ellen : dumb (I'm sure she's asking the same question in her mind with more prayers going on)
You : hello, I'm Jackson, you have a nice dress
Kenneth : thanks, I'm Kenneth.
You : Ken, how do you see this company? (trying to calm your nerves as you await your interviewer)
Ken : They're cool. Then he's quiet
You : I'm certain we will make it..
Ken and Ellen choruses Amen

Stage Four : Three weeks later
You : (making a phone call to Ellen) its three weeks now, have they contacted you?
Ellen : Yes, I resumed last week Monday.
You : Eyaaa, it's well, I'm happy for you (really)
You: (makes a phone call to Ken) Ken, what's up brother, O men they've not sent any mail or invited me to start oh, what's happening now?
Ken : my brother I don't know oh. I'm currently in the office, maybe we will talk later in the evening.
You: Abeg no forget your boy oh. We started this together..
Ken : Don't worry, you will get something better
You : I agree with you, take care brother, bye.
You (God why? Whyyyyyy, sobs, cries, weeps, and goes to bed sad)

Apparently, Ken and Ellen got the job while Jackson made two friends...
Many times this is the sad reality of many job hunting.
It's great to apply for job opportunities, please also include developing yourself, or learning some skills, or business.
While we are all confident to be gainfully employed, the truth is that we will always have limited offers in comparison to the volume of graduates.
The good news is that you can pioneer a company by yourself and in some years time be an employer of labour.
Don't settle for a peanut if you can own the farmland.
Be encouraged, be positive, be equipped, be prepared... The world awaits your manifestation

Written by Akata Victor

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Do It Part-time Or Full Time And Receive Your Alert / Eko Maintenance Limited Latest Job Opportunity (7 Positions) / Sona Industrial Gases Limited Fresh Job Recruitment (3 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.