Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,193 members, 7,807,647 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Question Time : What Is The Real Purpose Of Education? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Question Time : What Is The Real Purpose Of Education? (362 Views)

(quiz Time) What's Wrong Here / College Of Education Akamkpa Expels Student For Refusal To Sing National Anthem / How To Write A Personal Statement Or Statement Of Purpose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question Time : What Is The Real Purpose Of Education? by courseadivsor: 9:15am On May 19, 2017
Personally, I believe Education should be all about shaping the kind of citizen a country needs and schools are meant to be the breeding ground..... the question right now should be, what kind of citizens does Nigeria need? What kinds of citizens are our schools breeding?

Next week, I will begin a series on the 10 kinds of students Nigerian secondary schools should be breeding. But before then,i like to sample different opinions - WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE REAL PURPOSE OF EDUCATION?
Re: Question Time : What Is The Real Purpose Of Education? by kio052001(m): 9:49am On May 19, 2017
you just said what I actually have in mind but in Nigeria, it has become a thing of show off, people most introduce themself with a title which they don't truly merit
engineer this, doctor that yet don't have what it takes to be called one
not that there are no good people in Nigeria, their percentage is really, really low
imagine​ a doctor who is to safe life and an engineer who to build stuffs, or our reseacher nko, all na to buga

all is not well in this country o
it hurts me my best isn't good enough
Re: Question Time : What Is The Real Purpose Of Education? by Nobody: 11:16am On May 19, 2017
Money
Re: Question Time : What Is The Real Purpose Of Education? by courseadivsor: 11:57am On May 19, 2017
kio052001:
you just said what I actually have in mind but in Nigeria, it has become a thing of show off, people most introduce themself with a title which they don't truly merit
engineer this, doctor that yet don't have what it takes to be called one
not that there are no good people in Nigeria, their percentage is really, really low
imagine​ a doctor who is to safe life and an engineer who to build stuffs, or our reseacher nko, all na to buga

all is not well in this country o
it hurts me my best isn't good enough

I feel your pains bro

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

We Have Not Extended 2017 UTME Registration Deadline - JAMB / Why Are People After Likes On The Internet? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.