Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,914 members, 7,806,656 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness (4255 Views)

Will Smith's Terrible Nigerian Accent As Dr. Bennet Omalu In "Concussion” / "Concussion": Will Smith Plays Nigerian In New Movie / The Pursuit Of Happyness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by Tmoni(m): 4:58pm On Jan 29, 2007
Who Has Seen Will Smiths, In Pursuit Of Happiness And Not Cry

When i got to the cinema,
the white guy said i should take some tissue
but i said no, me dudu, that has seen it all, cry for what,
i took the tissue to wipe ketchup off my mouth
the hall was very quiet at times
lo and behold , i was in tears
every body that i know that has seen it always goes in tears especially if you have seen some rough times in life

Thank God, it ended well.
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by djchronic(m): 5:09pm On Jan 29, 2007
Aww, pele. lol! I hope u didnt go with a girl tho.
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by Seun(m): 8:35pm On Jan 29, 2007
I understand the way you must have felt. I behaved the same way when watching Gaara versus Lee in Naruto. When Rock Lee asked his teacher, "is it true that no matter how hard I work I can't defeat a genius like Neji?" cry
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by Ameriefan(f): 9:20pm On Jan 29, 2007
am gonna watch taht movie in the cinema,cant wait.
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by naijadiva2(f): 11:18pm On Jan 29, 2007
that movie was so good. i would recommend that everyone go and see it.
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by naijacutee(f): 12:02am On Jan 30, 2007
I bought the movie 3 weeks ago for £2.50 cool And yeah, we were all crying by the end. . . When he got the job and just sat there with tears in his eyes, my eyes filled with tears too. . .

Enough of the sloppiness , who wants to buy DVD?? undecided
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by Free(f): 3:30am On Jan 30, 2007
the movie was alright undecided
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by Seun(m): 9:31am On Jan 30, 2007
I think I also need to see it. I'll probably not cry, though, unless others around me are crying. smiley
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by watever(f): 9:46pm On Jan 31, 2007
yea, i almost cried when i saw it too. .wen d kid dropped his captain America thingie, i was like sad
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by 1d: 12:34pm On Feb 01, 2007
I watch this film a couple of days ago - and thought it was brilliant.
But I feel that a lot of african's (nigerians) abroad have similar stories - we are determined to make it when the whole world is against us - what does every one else think?
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by iice(f): 4:38am On Feb 03, 2007
Nice movie, not well made though but the story is banging. His struggle was the best part, quite inspiring.
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by ezeking(m): 5:22pm On Feb 03, 2007
That movie was sumthin else. My sister cried at the end of the movie. It was very emotional and it gave me something to make me believe that hard work pays at the end.
Yeah lets all work harder.
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by Seun(m): 12:34pm On May 27, 2007
I finally watched it. When you're trying and trying and trying to become somebody, and despite all your efforts you can't seem to reach your goal, and you try harder and keep trying and you just don't get there, it's sad and hard. cry
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by doyin13(m): 2:28pm On May 27, 2007
I guess I am in the minority of those who abhored the film. Talk about a film that tries so hard to make you depressed.

Utterly predictable. I felt so bad that at the end I was rooting for him to just lock himself in his bathroom, run the tub full of water, plug the damned medical machines in the socket and electrocute himself with them. They would have been of some great use then.
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by izinbizi(m): 3:58pm On May 27, 2007
I just acted a man not to cry but I feel anyone that did, low budget high storyline movies really tight. 5-star and recommended.
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by Ezinwannem: 9:14pm On May 27, 2007
i have da copy of the movie, itz a true story, its basically how he got a job, stockbroker, i fast fowarded almost da whole movie, he did it with his youngest son
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by chiogo(f): 12:26am On May 28, 2007
yeah, it is a true story. i saw d picture of d man and his son who it happened to in real life. I watched it at school on movies day in d school auditorium. I had with me lots of candy. candy makes me happy, even though d movie was extremely sad like almost from d beginnin' until d end, i didn't cry but i almost did. I smiled at the end. everyone in my school did a standin' ovation at d end of the movie. I really like that movie
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by dinvesta: 12:35pm On Aug 04, 2007
cool movie. i was moved but didnt cry. a friend of mine (guy) cried though . Inspiring ;like akelah and the bee smiley
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by chiogo(f): 7:22pm On Aug 04, 2007
@dinvesta, u seen akeelah and d bee too? just saw it a week ago, bought d DVD. nice movie and very educative!!! I really learned big words from dat movie. cheesy
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by coolkaboom(m): 2:48pm On Aug 06, 2007
i was so totally moved by the movie.it was such a surprise comin from will smith cos i never really took him 4 d serious charactr type. watched it with wifey and it was such an emotional moment for us( that's another movie)
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by Seun(m): 3:18pm On Aug 06, 2007
This is the kind of movie that justifies the existence of the movie industry. wink
A story that touches you, and may even change you. Most other movie stories are junk.
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by jiddah: 11:10am On Oct 23, 2007
that was a good sob story well told sad sad sad
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by powerofmap(m): 4:35pm On Oct 30, 2007
cheesy Men I relate the movie to all my friend wey Ja comot for 9ja, One lost his passport now he has to come down on or before november 7 to get passport or looose his temporary resident Permit.

I cried when IRS collect all he got, God Bless 9ja the real Land of Opportunity, Let say the truth how many of una here dey pay tax if no be say govt dey gba Indirect Tax from una anyway.

If people like Yardu and all dem thiecing politician spend the money wey dem dey go spend for Abroad here shey naija go worst reach like dis?

God Bless Niger Area.

Shalom!!!
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by akara(m): 6:13pm On Oct 31, 2007
Nice Movie, high recommended. Did some check up on the man and glad to know he is doing so much good for society.
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by Femtex(m): 9:24pm On Oct 31, 2007
Nice movie
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by A40(m): 8:09pm On Nov 04, 2007
That was some film ooh! Will Smith showed his versatility
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by A40(m): 8:11pm On Nov 04, 2007
Reminds me of that Simon Webbe song (No worries)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by onyekang1(f): 3:25pm On Nov 07, 2007
yes dat movie is indeed a good movie. wink
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by Busta(f): 4:47pm On Nov 07, 2007
Thought it was ok,
then again it was WILL SMITH!!
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by heyo: 11:59pm On Jan 08, 2008
@busta
wat do u mean?"and again it was will smith",dat movie is simply the bomb,very inspiring,very challenging n funny 2 me,i just luv every part of the movie esp.the parts he was chasing d guyz dat had his scanning machine,he was running throughout d movie,so funny.i shedded tears where he n his son had 2 sleep in the toilet,dat broke my heart.But anywayz,everything na hussle,d only thing is dat hardwork pays but d guy suffer no b small.cool movie
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by odada(m): 12:40am On Jan 09, 2008
Heart rendering stuff!you will just have to admit that big WILLIS performance was top notch in the movie and his son killed the role playing the role of a son to a real life father!it was the same for both of 'em.But I still maintain that its only in the USA that such a thing can happen?I a talking about the land of opportunity,whereby you invest your life savings on some expensive medical machines your wife leaves you your sleep in the subway bathroom with your son you take an internship exam that only recruits 1 person in 6 months I mean its only in the States that such a thing can happen---living the American Dream.

Watched an episode of the Oprah Winfrey show early last year and the real life Chris Gardner was on the hand with his Son to answer questions from Oprah about how the experience was for him at that time?It was so dramatic when for the first time Will Smith met with Chris Gardner right there on the show and you cant imagine the exchange of emotions that heralded the meeting cry cry cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Will Smith: The Pursuit Of Happyness by Modups1(f): 3:51pm On Jan 09, 2008
it was nice to see will not acting a comedy or action movie, it was refreshing and a story dat many can relate too one way or d other
the heart wrenching part was when he & his son had to spend d night in the toilet of d subway cry men talk about reaching an all time low
his son needs more acting lessons though undecided apart from dat, its a good movie

(1) (2) (Reply)

Most Gorgeous Nollywood Actor / Christian Movies Free Doownload / Bringing Back Tv Memories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.