Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features (38137 Views)

Infinix Hot 9 And Hot 9 play devices Introduced To Nigerian Market / Whatsapp Introduced ‘group Settings’ Feature: See How It Works / Ntel introduced unlimited night plans...500naira for 60gb or more (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by Soccerbender: 8:07am On May 20, 2017
Fresia01:
I'm devastated.. My bf just broke up with me for no reason , I really need emotional help! !!
eyah kpele buh are you sure is for no reason #**just thinking loud***

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by Nobody: 8:11am On May 20, 2017
RIPEnglish:
Nice one but i thinked they are still need message retrieve on it to made it of in perfect once.

God!
Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by Ddy(m): 8:17am On May 20, 2017
That's the new app in town.Developed by a Nigerian.Check it out.Its new

Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by slimmax: 8:23am On May 20, 2017
Fresia01:
I'm devastated.. My bf just broke up with me for no reason , I really need emotional help! !!
Na the new strategy to advertise your market abi, konji starved guys come see, soup is ready for licking.
Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by sakaguchi(m): 8:24am On May 20, 2017
It was 2013, our car had just arrived Jos metropolis and we were greeted by the stinging cold that the capital of Plateau State is famous for. One would wonder that of all times I would have chosen to come to Jos unprepared - without a sweater twice the thickness of my duvet, I chose to make my entry that cold November evening. Maybe that was quite silly of me but I had to be in Jos that day and that time. You see, a relative of mine came from the village and "small Doctor" as I was fondly called then was suppose to take her to Evangel hospital (also called Jan Kwano or Bingham University Teaching Hospital) Jos. This is an "Emergency" was the assessment my 200L mind could make and my plan was for her to be in Jos as soon as possible. Alas, she had Obstetric Fistula also called Vesico-Vaginal Fistula (VVF).

VVF is a surgical condition that causes a hole between the vagina and rectum or bladder of a woman. It occurs after a prolong obstructed labour in places where access to Caesarean Section are not readily available. It is caused when the baby is badly positioned, when the pelvis of the woman is too small or when the head of the baby is too big. It will interest is to know that while VVF is virtually absent in the Europe and America, it is commonly associated with poverty, lack of quality health care access, child marriage or early child bearing - hence its prevalence in Africa with Nigeria taking a lion share of it's burden.

The paradox in my story is that when I finally got to Evangel Hospital- I wasn't shivering again, neither was I cold anymore. I had been gutted with a fire of wonder and anger over the plight of several women who just like my patient have lived with the agony of VVF, this realisation stole the cold in me. Many of these women have had to live with VVF for decades, their stories were blood cuddling. I spent the better part of that night crying in my heart. These women have been isolated and treated like lepers by their spouse and family, most of them whilst still grieving the death of their babies that departed this world before their first cry. VVF leaves its patients with inability to control flow of urine or faeces, with this comes the well storied characteristic smell, isolation, rejection by family or spouse (sometimes), depression and suicidal thoughts usually ensues. If nothing is done to assuage their plights, these women come down with infection or failed kidneys.

Come May 23rd 2017, Nigeria will join the rest of the world in marking "The International Day to End Obstetric Fistula". This is an annual practice we have kept since its announcement by the United Nations in 2012. Though some things have been done since then, we are no where near where we need to be. Nigeria is still the unfortunate leaders in some of the worlds poor health care indicators - VVF inclusive. Out of the estimated 2 million people living with VVF worldwide, Nigeria is home to about 120 thousand of them with 12 thousand new cases diagnosed yearly. The horrifying reality is that only 5 thousand of these persons have access to treatment. These startling facts must be put to an end and there is no better time than now for YOU to instigate a demonstrable will to see this campaign to an end.

You can start by being part of campaigns like outreaches or among the many people who will raise awareness of this condition online by bringing to the consciousness of the government the need to upgrade the existing emergency Obstetric centres nationwide. Little as this may look, it will go a long way in reducing some of these appalling health care indexes. By talking about the scourge called VVF, we can get to educate ourselves as any of us can then identify and bring succour to that depressed young woman with VVF by just telling her the condition is treatable- free of charge in some centres nationwide. Help in this advocacy to disseminate information about obstetrics fistula and maternal care, join the the campaign for a better funding of the available centres we already have and be part of those educating and discouraging in it's entirety, the practice of child marriage. Little efforts as these will ensure our mothers and sisters don't have to face this leprous scourge in the act of bringing forth new life.

James Oche Emmanuel
University of Abuja.
Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by kayjee101: 8:30am On May 20, 2017
RIPEnglish:
Nice one but i thinked they are still need message retrieve on it to made it of in perfect once.
I don't understand Sir.
Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by lovethchioma(f): 8:32am On May 20, 2017
Fresia01:
My dear, I know it's not going to be easy but you need to tell yourself you're going to heal, you're going to have to move on.... you're good enough, don't allow anyone make you think otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by Buharimustgo: 8:33am On May 20, 2017
grayht:
wheres lalasticlacla sef....

Seun pls do something fast about Nairaland App.. Thanks

Seun and his people can't do anything, they are busy looking for people they will BAN for a month,that said things contrary to their views
Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by Thistrendblog(f): 8:35am On May 20, 2017
This feature has been put up for quite sometime now.... Even older version
Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by nazeefsco(m): 8:40am On May 20, 2017
Nbote:

Na whatsapp update u wan take hustle likes abi..
grin grin whatsapp fan sighted
Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by segebase(m): 8:50am On May 20, 2017
Fresia01:

Pele... but u fine oo
Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by ogundeleai(m): 9:00am On May 20, 2017
OrestesDante:
2go is far better grin
Still in existence?
Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by binary007: 9:02am On May 20, 2017
Fresia01:
Check your signature my dear. The reason is written in capital letter, bolded and underlined.
Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by Nbote(m): 9:07am On May 20, 2017
nazeefsco:
grin grin whatsapp fan sighted
Telegram fan sighted..
Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by 9jatatafo(m): 9:08am On May 20, 2017
RIPEnglish:

why scatter people's brain with your hard and confusing English?

Whatsapp should introduce invisible mode into the app
Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by Nobody: 9:09am On May 20, 2017
Fresia01:

sorry,,take heart

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by Nobody: 9:15am On May 20, 2017
Benignasweety:
Serious?... U can pm me...

jst Negodu somborri that wants to give emotional advice...
Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by carzola(m): 9:17am On May 20, 2017
Fresia01:
sorry dear... You need a new guy.. Somebody that wouldn't leave you do matter what..

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by speciap: 9:19am On May 20, 2017
Fresia01:
So sorry abt DAT, I know how u feeling. U are beautiful n am sure a very unique, responsible, caring n loving guy will come begging for u. Just c it as part of ur past now.
keep looking beautful n dont dwel in d past

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by bstringz(m): 9:22am On May 20, 2017
RIPEnglish:

Lmao. Truly RIP ENGLISH
Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by BABANGBALI: 9:37am On May 20, 2017
Which one is whatsapp again?

God punish anybody wey laugh ME
Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by Nobody: 9:44am On May 20, 2017
Randy91:

jst Negodu somborri that wants to give emotional advice...

Hmmm, I dunno why u mentioned me but everything isnt all about advice... I cld be a shoulder she leans on till she feels better and advice herself.. Plz repect urself sir and dont mention me again...
Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by Nobody: 9:49am On May 20, 2017
Fresia01:

May be it has something to do with ur signature
Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by Nobody: 9:50am On May 20, 2017
Fresia01:
aaw, everything happen for a reason... move on...
08069820810 whatsapp
Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by RIPEnglish: 9:51am On May 20, 2017
KingOvo:

Why do you take delight in displaying your stupidity
asked your dad at home.
Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by Nobody: 9:53am On May 20, 2017
Benignasweety:
Hmmm, I dunno why u mentioned me but everything isnt all about advice... I cld be a shoulder she leans on till she feels better and advice herself.. Plz repect urself sir and dont mention me again...

Heediat!!!!!....SWERVE
Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by onlyTheTruth(m): 9:58am On May 20, 2017
alex81:
I don't see any reasonable significance of this update.

exactly my point. ppl u always chat wit tops d list or within d first 5.

is the message recall working?? if yes, hw does it work. els never mind
Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by pmc01(m): 10:13am On May 20, 2017
Fresia01:
Allow yourself to brood over it for a while, but don't go overboard. Then find a productive activity you can divert all the negative energy too. Overall, stay happy, everything happens for good. Best wishes ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Introduced "Pin Chat" - See Features by Nobody: 10:28am On May 20, 2017
Randy91:

Heediat!!!!!....SWERVE
attention seeking perv... Ur signature says it all, so I wld let it slide cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Redmi 9 Unboxing And Quick Review (photos) / Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test / Oppo’s New Reno Ace Phone Can Be Fully Charged In 30 Minutes (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.