Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. (27819 Views)

Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result / What You Failed To Observe About NYSC [BE WISE] / 5 Reasons Why NYSC Should Not Be Scrapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Mrukk: 8:00pm On May 19, 2017
Yeye dey smell even person we they pray to collect #19800 self they vote against NYSC. Abeg NYSC was introduced/enacted by Yakubu Gowon not OBJ Abeg.
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by stifej: 8:01pm On May 19, 2017
For me, having just concluded my service year, i dont think it should be scrapped.My service year was one awesome experience. I think the scheme can be made better by introducing innovations... How many of the respondent have actually served? I think only past and serving corp members should be the respondents for such surveys. not a random twittet user.

2 Likes

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by remainhidden: 8:03pm On May 19, 2017
PapiSmith:
My brother I no go lie oh...

People are really deployed to scary places this year. It's now like a ram heading to the slaughter house. grin

Worst of all, them no come dey pay again like before. Graduates are not as excited as 2 years ago grin

OK, Let's do a nairaland poll tongue

Click share for it to be scrapped

Click like for it to remain (its good to serve your father's land Uh? wink)
come wetin to click like and share for again!
are there still people in this forum who attend university?
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by KillerBeauty(f): 8:03pm On May 19, 2017
samyomz:
Nigeria should be scrapped angry
LMAO if dey scrapp Nigeria where u go come go?
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by shorlla(m): 8:03pm On May 19, 2017
Modify it
national youth farming scheme..

and see our agricultural sector grow..
cos oil go soon finish..
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Mightyraw(m): 8:04pm On May 19, 2017
somebody like me now,
I don't want to go to service,
Here in lautech, Have been in 300level since 2015,
I may have to wait some months before nose again, only to be paid 18,500
Abeg make them scrap that shit

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by BEASTER(m): 8:05pm On May 19, 2017
Freshkidavid:
A Twitter poll was conducted to know if NYSC which is a mandatory programme and was introduced by the President Olusegun Obasanjo administration should be scraped and guess what is the result:- YES.

Kingston Dome is also in support of this.

See the result of the screenshot,

www.kingstondome.com.ng/2017/05/should-nysc-be-scrapped-see-results-of.html

Yes OBJ NYSC can be scrapped off but the NYSC meant for Nigerian graduate , established by General Gowon, the then military president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 1973 should and will never be scrapped so far as Nigerians are concerned.

2 Likes

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by OBIGS(m): 8:06pm On May 19, 2017
Not scrapped it should be reformed. Instead of wasting 1 year in a PPA doing absolutely nothing. Skill acqistion should be the main objective. Why not two months camping with intensive training on whatever skill the corp member wants to acquire. After the two months camp, the corp member should be provided with adequate capital to execute what he or she learnt in camp with a supervisor attached. Instead of waiting for monthly alawee doing absolutely nothing.
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by sekem: 8:10pm On May 19, 2017
I love the NYSC so much

Which is why I don't want it to be scrapped

But rather, the NYSC should be improved

With improved services & adequate funding, I believe our youths will really start to take pride in serving the fatherland

Youth empowerment and entrepreneurial programs should form the core basis of the scheme

If we are really bent on scrapping something, then the senate will not be a bad idea... or don't you think so? wink

2 Likes

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by me69: 8:11pm On May 19, 2017
Made non compulsory. Does want to serve and save that money should be allowed
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by KosiEric(f): 8:11pm On May 19, 2017
Hiccups:
Scrapped it
. don't worry we will "Scrapped it".
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by anochuko01(m): 8:12pm On May 19, 2017
stifej:
For me, having just concluded my service year, i dont think it should be scrapped.My service year was one awesome experience. I think the scheme can be made better by introducing innovations... How many of the respondent have actually served? I think only past and serving corp members should be the respondents for such surveys. not a random twittet user.
lol... you just finish true true coz you still dey speak Phonetic. even four years in university is almost a waste let alone a bloody nysc.
your ''awesome'' experience that you think has added/would add real value to you includes what and what?

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by anionjasa(m): 8:13pm On May 19, 2017
Scrap pls
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by sen8or(m): 8:14pm On May 19, 2017
RIPEnglish:
[b] Yes i support it to be scratched. It is just a rubbish wasted of timing. [/bp]
U must be charged for murder crime, why kill innocent English. Ur name make sense sha.
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by LaExpert: 8:15pm On May 19, 2017
State governments will spend more when it is scrapped than they are currently spending.

Many states have refused to hire teachers due to the availability of corp members especially in the South East and South South.

3 Likes

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Actuarydeji(m): 8:16pm On May 19, 2017
thesishelp:
Anybody when scrap nysc e no go c broad daylight ...jobless people instead of una to hold poll on how to impeach buhari una dey do nonsense
One day you will agree me with me that the scheme has outlive it usefulness. Yeyenatu scheme that's hindering development in Nigeria. Some schools have rely on the scheme, n because of that they don't wish to employ any teachers at all. Please, anyone that has ever served in the northern part of Nigeria can testify to what I just said naw.

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by nelsonthomson(m): 8:18pm On May 19, 2017
It should be scrapped. I knw of a rich parent that lost their only child during NYSC. He was posted to a State and contacted an infection. After an epileptic treatment giving to him in camp, is parent heard of is ailment. They book flight for him immediately and he died three days later.

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by godwinony(m): 8:21pm On May 19, 2017
Let it be scrapped biko..I graduated since last October, my dept wasn't even mobilised for this batch A, which means we have to wait for stream 2 or batch B by November, waste of 1 year before even service for us.

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 19, 2017
RIPEnglish:
Yes i support it to be scratched. It is just a rubbish wasted of timing.

SCRATCHED
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by thesishelp: 8:22pm On May 19, 2017
Actuarydeji:

One day you will agree me with me that the scheme has outlive it usefulness. Yeyenatu scheme that's hindering development in Nigeria. Some schools have rely on the scheme, n because of that they don't wish to employ any teachers at all. Please, anyone that has ever served in the northern part of Nigeria can testify to what I just said naw.
I served a while back at Iwo local government osun state n from my personal experience nysc has and is doing a lot of good....now I can speak Yoruba fluently , I have great teaching experience , from nysc I made friends spread around d country just last week I had a job in Kaduna to handle n it was a friend I made at nysc camp that accommodated me n showed me around .d advantages are much

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Darey00(m): 8:23pm On May 19, 2017
I just finished my service this month.
I had the opportunity of discovering the Hausa culture and learning the language. I made so many friends and debunked the myths we Southerners have about them.

BUT, at the risk of sounding tribalistic I would say it is the North that enjoys this scheme the most. In my PPA we had only 10 permanent staff(many of which do not even come to school most days)., so we corpers virtually run the school.

This is the case in most government owned schools here..
The issue of safety cannot also be overstated, although I didn't encounter any violent attacks during my stay there even when I got in trouble with them over a girl..

it's a great way for us to get to know Nigeria cos me before I never even see River Niger before. I say reform it in a way that people are posted to states of their choice while removing states with high literacy level

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 19, 2017
samyomz:
zero chill...zero fvcks...savage
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 8:26pm On May 19, 2017
samyomz:

What of your folks in it? grin
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Progress101(m): 8:28pm On May 19, 2017
Yes oo they should pls scrap that stuf I don't like it at all.

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by ipobarecriminals: 8:30pm On May 19, 2017
Make dem lif am.The 18k nah the hope of dem kopas now.Abi u want them papa to continue to send dem money again?

2 Likes

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Spicycat(f): 8:30pm On May 19, 2017
Scrap the scheme. cool

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by willibounce1(m): 8:31pm On May 19, 2017
Some people just open their mouth and shout scrap NYSC. Ya'll don't know NYSC is helping a lot of you and creating jobs for loads of people as well. At least you spend a year in a particular state and learn about their culture and also get to know how phucked up your country is when you see the houses some people live in and schools they attend. NYSC is keeping a lot of people busy and helping them gain experience. If not for NYSC, I can imagine the number of people that 'll be looking for jobs and probably be frustrated and start carrying guns and committing all sorts of crime. Enjoy your Nysc and keep quiet. Some people dey even see their husband /wife for NYSC.

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Edu3Again: 8:32pm On May 19, 2017
HAS ANYBODY SEEN THE NORTH COME DOWN TO THE SOUTH TO DO NYSC?

THIS NYSC IS SIMPLY A PLOY TO TAKE OUR HUMAN RESOURCES FROM THE SOUTH,
TO THE NORTH FOR CHEAP.

WE SPEND MILLIONS EDUCATING OUR CHILDREN AND THE NORTH GETS CONSTANT
SUPPLY OF CHEAP LABOUR.

THE SOUTH NEEDS TO WAKE UP angry

THEN THE HILARIOUS THING IS THAT THOUGH WE IN THE SOUTH ARE MORE IN NUMBER,
THEY WILL GET CENSUS TO SAY THEY ARE MORE.

THOUGH WE ARE MORE IN NUMBER, THEY HOLD THE ACES.

NYSC IS SIMPLY DESIGNED TO GIVE THE NORTH CHEAP LABOUR AT THE EXPENSE OF THE SOUTH.
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by BABANGBALI: 8:32pm On May 19, 2017
If dem no scrap am, the thing go soon scrap itself due to lack of funds

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by mafiaso9: 8:39pm On May 19, 2017
This is the most intelligent comment i've read on Nairaland, your head dey there guy.

lockupnop:
Ahhh! I'm not a graduate so I can't say . If not that our messengers we elected in the office cannot think for our Youth if I was to be in charge of that NYSC

All the Federation I will make sure Federal government provide 100,000 hacters of land in each state.

Now
Time frame 1 year.
Goals :
1 coper = 1 acre

6 months training in farm
3 months training in Army Barack with intensive discipline
3 months course on Basic I:T programs

Pay them off with their farm produce adding value to it.

Government role : bring invesrors from South Korea to Build factory and we make sure we back them up so that they won't run away.

When the pass out they would make m oney
Maize to cornflakes Direct Kellog must come to Nigeria by force ...

Now they will use Billions to scrap it abi Continue undecided
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by ajabani4allah(m): 8:41pm On May 19, 2017
Long overdue for scrapping

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact / Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members / After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.