Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,912 members, 7,802,969 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Entangled - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Entangled (93585 Views)

Short Story: ENTANGLED / Entangled Souls (episode 2) / Entangled Souls (episode 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Entangled by bummybummy(f): 7:57am On Jul 13, 2017
Hoping and praying that Lancelot get cure from his sickness

1 Like

Re: Entangled by queenitee(f): 1:44pm On Jul 13, 2017
Poor Lancelot

1 Like

Re: Entangled by Queensiju: 1:59pm On Jul 13, 2017
Thanks for the update, maam.

1 Like

Re: Entangled by Kimkardashain(f): 8:25pm On Jul 13, 2017
Shalomdee weldne, and tnk u 4 the update. poor lancelot,poor jane,

1 Like

Re: Entangled by EvaJael(f): 8:42pm On Jul 13, 2017
I really pity Lancelot. I hope he gets better

1 Like

Re: Entangled by babyface224(f): 12:51pm On Jul 14, 2017
Shalomdee:
EvaJael Ayoomolabake holuwanoisy111 Lilyjoe567 queenitee mhizgap hormobolanle Chumzypinky Ifecoded talk2saintify MhizDerbee Kayzybaba anambraamaka abefe99 Hadampson WHOcarex Nathblessing Pearl105 VETSURGEON123 yewande1234 Kimardashain bossy512 kesterkendra royalty18 babyface224 crislyn Psalmwhyte Toyin223 VeeGeeCee Godmother Odufanabasa Loboski bossy512 joiful Misselocon AyarmBoye FreshestManny Labrey95 elyna Queensiju bummybummy smokeydrinky, my muses, I have updated
hahahaha...yes ooo!! I need more..more..more...keep 'em coming. cos I get ube n roasted corn here.
Re: Entangled by mhizgap(f): 8:39pm On Jul 14, 2017
I don't know what to say but Hope Jane won't die also as the two ladies most dear to his heart died

1 Like

Re: Entangled by Toyin223(f): 9:38pm On Jul 14, 2017
DOCTOR SHALOMDEE Come Nd Update

1 Like

Re: Entangled by Shalomdee(f): 10:59pm On Jul 14, 2017
CHAPTER NINE continued

Dedicated to all I have kept waiting and specially to queenitee my loyal follower

Chukwudi and Jane were seated on the railings of the extra mural centre. They were not alone, other students were around them, and some were chatting in loud voices while others were listening to music with their earphones. They were absorbed in a lengthy discussion but were occasionally interrupted by a loud boy of about 19 years who had acquired the reputation of a talkative and comedian with the students.

Jane took notice of the boy, he was tall, approaching six feet, but not lanky, light skinned and had full jet black hair, his face was undoubtedly handsome, with full, sensual lips. He talked rapaciously and pointed at the people he addressed. The students took him seriously when he addressed them though most of what he said were jokes or jeering comments, they seemed to give him some form of respect. He had a crew of about six followers which included two girls. They followed him wherever he went, like guards. He was obviously popular and influential. Like a godfather, a godfather of fun. Jane smiled as she heard him teasing a boy and girl who were holding hands, calling them cute little puppies. The boy absolutely had a good sense of humour.

“What are you smiling about?” Chukwudi asked. He looked at the loud boy. “He is funny right?” He motioned to the boy, “that’s how he is, his name is Sebastine, very jovial but intelligent as well.”

Jane’s eyes widened in surprise. “You don’t mean it. One would think a loud talker like him would fail his grades.”

“He passed his SSCE and NABTECH with distinctions, and he always answers teachers questions correctly. But I am not sure of his wolf pack, they are always with him wherever he goes. I hope they don’t fail as a result of being bodyguards.”

Jane chuckled. “There’s even a Muslim girl among them, she’s wearing a hijab.”

“Her name is Habiba, she’s a very rich kid. I learnt she failed her SSCE twice before managing to get five credits, she is an art student. Her dad comes with a jeep to pick her after lessons. I also learnt he promised her a car of her own if she managed to gain admission into the university.”

“Some people have luck.” She noted.

A short dark skinned fellow approached them, “Heyo Chuks.”

Chukwudi stood and shook hands with the fellow. “How far na, Terna, how are you doing?”

“Good good, and you?”

“You can see I am fine.” Chukwudi said displaying his arms.

“I can see, this must be a new student. Chuks Chuks, you did not even waste time.” The fellow winked mysteriously at Chukwudi.

Jane was bemused, she looked at Chukwudi with the side of her eyes. Chukwudi was smiling sheepishly.

“Jane this is my pal, Terna from the arts class, he is also preparing for JAMB. Terna, this is my friend Jane.”

“Nice meeting you Terna.” Jane said and offered her hand to him.

Terna looked at her hand like it was some formula he did not understand and opened his arms wide instead to hug her, she recoiled instantly as their bodies met. She realized it had been a long time since she had to hug an older boy, it now seemed somewhat sinful to her. In the past she would have been okay with it. Her male mates in school usually hugged her by way of greeting, she habitually patted their back in response, but that had been years. The feeling that she had done something disapproving lingered as Terna pulled back. The two boys looked at her strangely, like she was a new artefact in a museum.

“So how are you bro,” Terna decided to forget about the attitude she had put off.

“Man I am great, just preparing seriously for JAMB things.”

“Aha, studying things on point huh, it is well like my momma will say. What do you say the three of us get a drink at the cafeteria? Bill’s on me.” His eyes were stationed on Jane.

“Oh sure, Terna the great!” Chukwudi said following his friend's eyes. He sighed when Jane smiled and walked with them to the cafeteria.

2 Likes

Re: Entangled by Shalomdee(f): 11:00pm On Jul 14, 2017
mhizgap:
I don't know what to say but Hope Jane won't die also as the two ladies most dear to his heart died

Hmmn, wish i could answer but hey, I am the writer, gotta keep the suspense
Re: Entangled by Shalomdee(f): 11:01pm On Jul 14, 2017
Toyin223:
DOCTOR SHALOMDEE Come Nd Update

I have for today
Re: Entangled by Toyin223(f): 11:16pm On Jul 14, 2017
Shalomdee:

I have for today
TANKS
Re: Entangled by Toyin223(f): 11:17pm On Jul 14, 2017
Wonderful Bt Too Short
Re: Entangled by Shalomdee(f): 11:20pm On Jul 14, 2017
Will update longer tomorrow, time to sleep
Re: Entangled by Toyin223(f): 11:26pm On Jul 14, 2017
Shalomdee:
Will update longer tomorrow, time to sleep
ok Have A Wonderful Nite
Re: Entangled by queenitee(f): 4:34am On Jul 15, 2017
Myself!!! Special dedication Thank you shalomdee.

Someone cannot predict this story o, ehn see twists from different angle. Welldone sis
Re: Entangled by Kimkardashain(f): 6:38am On Jul 15, 2017
Shalomdee shey na only queenitee be ur loyal follower, ha! egbami oh. me i dnt waka comot 4 this thread.
oh jesus!
Re: Entangled by queenitee(f): 7:18pm On Jul 15, 2017
Kimkardashain:
Shalomdee shey na only queenitee be ur loyal follower, ha! egbami oh. me i dnt waka comot 4 this thread.
oh jesus!
Na only me waka come
Re: Entangled by Lildiamond: 7:45pm On Jul 15, 2017
Nice thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Entangled by Shalomdee(f): 9:06pm On Jul 15, 2017
Kimkardashain:
oh jesus!
chai, nna men, i don buy market, u know if not for u too i'll probably give up, pls don't go, will make it up to u (sobbing)
Re: Entangled by Shalomdee(f): 9:16pm On Jul 15, 2017
Pls guys there's been no light that's why i couldn't update.
Re: Entangled by Kimkardashain(f): 9:38pm On Jul 15, 2017
Shalomdee:
chai, nna men, i don buy market, u know if not for u too i'll probably give up, pls don't go, will make it up to u (sobbing)
appease me oh
Re: Entangled by Shalomdee(f): 8:57pm On Jul 16, 2017
CHAPTER NINE continued

(Dedicated to two sisters who persist in showing me love, EvaJael and Kimkardashain. If I have not mentioned you yet, I will soon do so, love you all.)

Terna ordered for Grand Malt, Chukwudi ordered for Bullet while Jane asked for Pepsi, she asked for a small cake as well. As they sat in the cafeteria, she tried to observe both boys as they chatted happily away. It was 11:40 a.m and they were to have a last class at noon before returning to their homes.

They talked about nothing that interested her, just football, mutual friends and latest automobiles. She wanted to hear them give a hint about girls, she had a feeling Terna was a playboy, he looked and acted like one, she was not sure about Chukwudi. She was a week old in the centre and he had been her companion all along but gave her no reason to believe he wanted something else. She was certain she would automatically drop him away if he wanted a relationship with her, why, she had not even gained admission into school yet, she could not waste her time being anyone’s girlfriend, especially a JAMBITE who had been trying to pass exams over three times, no way. Nevertheless she liked Chukwudi, he was calm and cool headed and seemed to be innocent, he showed concern for her in the centre and asked her if she had read even though she was sure he did not bother to himself.

Their loud laughter made her jerk. They were obviously having a good time laughing at someone who they both knew.

“Not to worry,” Terna nudged her. “You will soon be meeting my girlfriend.”

“Ohw,” Jane said making a face, she was not sure how to react. She did not want to appear too holy because she was not holy, she just thought differently about relationships at this stage and Terna was not looking mature enough even. He looked anything from 19 to 22. “Where is she?” She asked pretending to be thrilled.

“I just pinged her, she’s on her way to meet us.” Terna spoke with pride.

Jane stared at him, her eyes met his dark sunglasses and she could see her own sublime reflection. “You mean she attends this centre as well?”

“Yes, anything wrong with that?” He was looking at her boldly now, as if daring her to say otherwise.

“No!” She said surprising her own self, “There is absolutely nothing wrong in that, totally cool. Absolutely.” It was her turn to smile sheepishly.

Terna smirked, he seemed to say: I know how girls like you think. She was behaving like a moralist, nobody liked that, everyone wanted girls who were thrilling and insensible, girls who they could override. Terna was ready to test her waters to see how deep or shallow it was, not because he wanted her but because he would enjoy making fun of her.

A short dark and plump girl who looked mature came in the cafeteria carrying a big Versace bag. She was looking sophisticated, with dangling earrings and artificial nails painted black with polka dots. She had an earpiece on her ears and her head was bent towards her phone. She swerved to their direction and walked to meet them. Terna stood up to greet her, they hugged and kissed briefly before sitting down. Jane’s eyes had diverted to some girls who were eating meat pies and chatting happily. She wished she was among them and not here with this fold, then she thought about Loud Talker and his crew, how they were so at home with him. It seemed everyone had to belong to some form of clique in the centre to survive. If you were all alone you were a goner.
“This is Queen, my babe.” Terna spoke.

“Hi Queen, I’m Jane.”

“Is that the short name for Janet?” She asked.

“My parents named me Jane, simply Jane.”

“Okay honey, how do you do?” Queen said reaching to hold her arm.

Jane was flustered, first the girl was holding her arm like a gentleman and second, she was calling her honey, this was some crazy group.
******************************************************************************************************

“I want you tell me everything about the extra mural centre, it was your cousin’s idea. I told her Jane can pass JAMB without being in that crazy place, but she said her conscience will not be clear if she left you in the house before you write your exams. But I knew it was going to be some crazy place for you to settle into.” Lancelot said sitting on the sofa in the sitting room.

Jane was leaning on the armchair. Her maroon gown was knee length and hair was packed with a ribbon. “The place is crazy Brother, but I like it, something to distract me from my busy routine.”

Lancelot’s eyes were on her, “You got some friends now.” It was not a question.

“Yes, two guys and a girl.”

“How are they?”

“Not quite the way I want them to be, but I guess I have no choice but to hang around them. The thing is, everyone has a clique in the centre, if you don’t belong to one crew, you are kind of, not cool.”

Lancelot’s eyes stared for some time, then he announced, “I’m coming to the centre tomorrow.”

2 Likes

Re: Entangled by bummybummy(f): 9:07pm On Jul 16, 2017
NYC update Shalomdee

1 Like

Re: Entangled by Countrygirl(f): 9:10pm On Jul 16, 2017
Nice but short

I was hoping to read a long update.
Thanks and happy Sunday
Re: Entangled by Countrygirl(f): 9:10pm On Jul 16, 2017
double post, don't mind airtel
Re: Entangled by Shalomdee(f): 9:23pm On Jul 16, 2017
bummybummy:
NYC update Shalomdee

Thanks bae
Re: Entangled by Shalomdee(f): 9:24pm On Jul 16, 2017
Countrygirl:
Nice but short

I was hoping to read a long update.

Thanks and happy Sunday

Hmmn, short? Okay, will do justice in the next one
Re: Entangled by Toyin223(f): 9:30pm On Jul 16, 2017
WONDERFUL But Short
Re: Entangled by Kimkardashain(f): 9:31pm On Jul 16, 2017
Shalomdee My loff, tnk u *in jenifa's voice* continur
Re: Entangled by Countrygirl(f): 9:33pm On Jul 16, 2017
Shalomdee:

Hmmn, short? Okay, will do justice in the next one
don't mind me jare
it's lengthy and at the same time short.
Alright

1 Like

Re: Entangled by Shalomdee(f): 9:45pm On Jul 16, 2017
Kimkardashain:
Shalomdee My loff, tnk u
*in jenifa's voice* continur

Welcome my roff

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) / Generation To Generations... / The Silent Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.