Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,883 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:24 AM

Entangled - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Entangled (93467 Views)

Short Story: ENTANGLED / Entangled Souls (episode 2) / Entangled Souls (episode 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Entangled by faithfulgrl(f): 5:06pm On Jun 21, 2017
one of d stories that made me join nairaland. more wisdom for more update.

1 Like

Re: Entangled by crislyn(f): 5:23pm On Jun 21, 2017
queenitee:
I guess Lancelot has a secret and he only love Jane the way he would love his sister
This kind sisterly love na serious love o, i hope u r right sha.

1 Like

Re: Entangled by queenitee(f): 8:03pm On Jun 21, 2017
crislyn:

This kind sisterly love na serious love o, i hope u r right sha.
Me too, I hope I'm right
Re: Entangled by rachealfst(f): 10:06pm On Jun 21, 2017
Nice story, I must commend. Lancelot will stray sooner or later that is sure. Everything now lies in Jane's hand. I just hope she won't give in to any funny feelings cos it'll be unfair to Rahila, she trusted her with her man&home.

Well done ma'am, more inspiration to you.

1 Like

Re: Entangled by Hadampson(m): 10:11pm On Jun 21, 2017
Shalomdee:
Thanks Kimkardashain I will check out your story, welcome to Entangled thread bossy512. I appreciate the nomination Ayoomolabake. EvaJael, queenitee, Talk2saintify, hormobolanle, mhizgap, Hadampson, Kayzybaba, abefe99, I have updated, please bear with the short updates abeg, I will add more
Ur story is worth THE WAIT. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Entangled by yewande1234(f): 2:54am On Jun 22, 2017
rachealfst:
Nice story, I must commend. Lancelot will stray sooner or later that is sure. Everything now lies in Jane's hand. I just hope she won't give in to any funny feelings cos it'll be unfair to Rahila, she trusted her with her man&home.

Big sis u do bad ooo,u knw even invite me make i come join u enjoy dis wonderful story.anyways no p,pls shift small make i sit beside u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Entangled by Pearl05(f): 5:46am On Jun 22, 2017
Great storylines, am enjoying every bit of it. Found myself always checking up for updates. I hope Jane realized her dreams and that Lancelot doesn't misbehave. kiss kiss Did I mention that this is my first for over a year I registered? Now you know how much I love your story.

1 Like

Re: Entangled by Kayzybaba(m): 12:07pm On Jun 22, 2017
Shalomdee:
Thanks Kimkardashain I will check out your story, welcome to Entangled thread bossy512. I appreciate the nomination Ayoomolabake. EvaJael, queenitee, Talk2saintify, hormobolanle, mhizgap, Hadampson, Kayzybaba, abefe99, I have updated, please bear with the short updates abeg, I will add more
thanks for the mention
Re: Entangled by hormobolanle: 2:00pm On Jun 22, 2017
shalomdee anti were are thou Na Iyam come n b Taya of waiting fa I feel Lancelot is kind-of related to Jane former husband but make I still dy ........

1 Like

Re: Entangled by Shalomdee(f): 4:24pm On Jun 22, 2017
CHAPTER SEVEN
The school bell rang for recess. Children’s voices tore through the class and several of them ran out even without the permission of Miss Chika. She looked back at the rest who were seated with their eyes fastened on her looking eager.

“Alright,” she said. “You can go for your recess. Say your prayers.”

The children hailed her briefly. They recited the usual prayers they said whenever it was time to eat:
“Lord we thank you for this food,
Some have food but cannot eat,
Some can eat but have no food,
We have food and we can eat,
Glory be to thee O Lord!”

The class nanny began helping the children with their lunch boxes as they crowded in front of the shelf. She handed the lunch boxes to them one after the other after she had perused them to see what sort of food was inside. She opened Isaac’s little peach lunch box; plantain chips and fried eggs were in it, his bottle contained Nutri C. She took one plantain and threw quickly into her mouth. She gave it to him smiling. Isaac received it with a reciprocated gesture. Nanny was fond of him that was why she took only one plantain, she usually took more if it belonged to other children. He was really a favourite in his class because he was eager to learn and please his teachers. The other children were only concerned about eating during recess and going back home.

His first day in school had been a funny scene. His grand aunt had dressed him in the school uniform; a blue plain trouser, blue tie, white shirt and blue suit with a black shoe. She told him he was going to a nice place to learn how to read and write and be intelligent like his mummy. Isaac had beamed at the sound of this, then she held his hand and they went to the second street not far from their house. They arrived at Saint Paul’s Academy, they met the headmistress who talked happily to Isaac and kept assuring Aunt Gloria “The boy is in safe hands Ma.”
The headmistress directed them to a class that was the first among a line of other classes that looked similar. It was on the third floor of the three storey building. “This is the boy’s class; Play Class A. You might want to take him inside to limit his cry when you leave.”

Aunt Gloria nodded and took hold of Isaac and led him into the class. Isaac was all smiles when he entered. The sight of all those children in blue suits and white shirts, sitting organized in their chairs, looking so immaculate and pristine made him very happy. So this was where he would learn how to read and write? The class was adorned with pictures of animals, the Alphabet and numbers. It gave him a feeling of déjà vu. The class teacher welcomed him, the nanny collected his small bear shaped school bag and put it on the shelf, she motioned to him to sit in a chair that had a short red table in the centre. Three other children were seated around the table, he proudly took his seat in their midst and flashed a bigger smile at them. Turning to his grand aunt, he waved good bye at her and turned to the children to make friends.

Aunt Gloria, the teacher, the nanny and the head mistress all burst into laughter. Most children cried on their first day at school, but here was c child who was only glad to be brought to his class. Aunt Gloria waved at him and left promising to pick him up at closing time.
Isaac ate his plantain leisurely. Ene looked at him with pleading eyes. She always finished her lunch before anyone else but always remained hungry. She was confident that Isaac would give her some of his food this time as well. He always given her a little of his food, that was the reason why they remained friends. This time however he seemed not to care, he was not even looking at her, which meant he may not give her his food. This enraged Ene, she decided to take it easy and approach him diplomatically.

“Isaac, Isaac, me ba? Me ba?” She said to him in the child’s language of begging another child.

Isaac turned to Ene and when he saw her hands extended. He turned away quickly and started eating hurriedly. He was not going to share his food with her this time around. Aunt Gloria had warned him yesterday to desist from the habit because his neighbours who attended the school with him reported to his grand aunt about his Father Christmas nature. She had warned him with her voice raised not to give anybody else his food in school and not to collect any food also.

Ene, who by now was greatly offended decided to take things into her own hands. She was a bully, her friendship with Isaac only prevented her from forcefully collecting things from him, but if he was not going to give him his food, he would see the other part of her. She gripped him with one hand and snatched the lunch pack with the other hand and ran away eating the food as she did.

Isaac ran after her crying. He had barely had enough of the food and if she ate all of it that meant no food for him till he returned to the house. He shouted at her and threw stones at her calling her “Kodeyi! Glutton!” as he ran. Ene was fast in eating the food, in thirty seconds she had finished eating all the plantain and eggs, she needed a drink now, the food in her throat was not passing quickly and if she did not drink something she would end up choking. Isaac was with his bottle, it was hung around his neck. She would wait for him to come so she could snatch the bottle and drink his juice. He came soon enough and she hijacked the bottle as well before he could resist. She was older than him with a year and had older brothers so she was naturally smarter than him. She gulped down the contents of the bottle swiftly not minding that he was hitting her with the empty lunch box and crying. She was drank until she started choking, the juice had missed its way and gone the wrong path; it felt like she had just drank pepper. She choked some more and held her throat throwing the bottle. Nanny came to where they stood after seeing the commotion. When she understood Ene was choking she ordered a child to bring his water and gave Ene to drink all the while patting her at the back to calm her down. Isaac stood watching the episode with wonder.
Re: Entangled by Shalomdee(f): 4:26pm On Jun 22, 2017
faithfulgrl:
one of d stories that made me join nairaland. more wisdom for more update.

Thanks Ma, welcome to Nairaland
Re: Entangled by Shalomdee(f): 4:27pm On Jun 22, 2017
rachealfst:

Welcome to the thread, the story kinda has some mystery in it but all will be unraveled soon

1 Like

Re: Entangled by Best1708(f): 8:32pm On Jun 22, 2017
Nice one,following

1 Like

Re: Entangled by Shalomdee(f): 10:04pm On Jun 22, 2017
CHAPTER SEVEN continued
On the way back home, Mafeng and Topji talked about what happened at school in excited voices. Mafeng, who was 8 years held Isaac tightly as he walked by the left hand side of the road. Topji, her six year old brother was at the extreme end of the road.

“Ene is a bad girl, I will never play with her again. I always knew she was a glutton, begging Isaac for food all the time, as if she doesn’t bring her own food to school.” Topji said swinging his brown bag in the air. His blue suit was tied to his waist and his tie was carelessly hanging on his neck.

Mafeng was properly dressed. Her suit and tie were still intact and the socks she wore still looked clean. She was chewing a bubble gum as she walked. Occasionally, she scanned the road as if she was afraid a motorbike would pass the dirt path of the road. She looked at Isaac who walked quietly. She knew he was really upset. Ene was his best friend in school, having a fight with her over food distressed him. But she knew Ene was not a good friend, she only took advantage of Isaac, she added no value to his life. Isaac was just a three year old boy, he did not know about choosing a good friend so it hurt him to discover his best friend could be mean and selfish.

She had seen Isaac crying after Ene had forcefully collected his lunch and was just in time to see her getting choked. She took Isaac to the school shop and bought him aya and groundnuts. Topji who got to know about it later shared his tea with Isaac. They all calmed him down and told him not to consider Ene a friend again after the stunt she pulled. He had been quiet ever since. Mafeng did not know Isaac to be a chatter box, but he was a lively boy who could keep a conversation going.

The party got to the house and Mafeng narrated to Aunt Gloria what happened between Ene and Isaac. Aunt Gloria took one look at Isaac and felt sorry for him. She dismissed Mafeng and her brother who promised Isaac they would come to play with him later. Aunt Gloria made Isaac’s favourite meal so he could cheer up; Indomie noodles with pieces of fish and orange juice. He ate the meal but was still cheerless. She made him go to sleep while she washed his uniform. Her daughter, Rachel was home on break so she remained in the shop to sell.

Isaac slept for 30 minutes before he woke up startled and called for his mum. Aunt Gloria was in the room when he woke up and wondered why he asked for his mother. It was months since Jane had left and apart from when she spoke to him on phone, he did not ask for her at all. She went close to Isaac and felt his temperature, it was hot.
***************************************************************************************
Jane was mixing the dough for the bread in the bowl when her phone rang. Rahila was in the kitchen with her oiling the pans for the mixture. She left the pans briefly and took Jane’s phone to see the caller’s ID.

“Aunt Gloria is calling, pick it up.” She ordered Jane.

Jane accepted the phone and received the call. “Hello Aunty, inawuni. In na nan kalo. Lafia. What happened? Ahnahn? How is he now? Please give him the phone. Isaac love, how are you? My baby, what happened in school? You will be alright, don’t play with the girl again okay? I will pray for you, don’t be sick again. Give the phone back to Mama.” She talked to her aunt in Hausa and after a minute she dropped the call.

Rahila noticed she was troubled. “What is wrong Jane?”

“Isaac had a fight with a female friend in school and now he is sick.”

“Was he hit?” Rahila asked.

“Oh no, there was no physical fight, but he was feeling upset and after his nap he woke up with a temperature.”

“Tell Aunty to take him to the hospital right away. In fact, don’t worry, I will tell her myself.” She continued oiling the pans.

Jane was distressed throughout the day. She thought about Isaac and wondered if he was being sick because of her absence. She called Aunt Gloria thrice that day to verify if they had gone to the doctor. Aunt Gloria called later to say they were in Chilas Hospital and the test for Isaac showed he had typhoid and malaria. “How did he get those?” Jane had asked her aunt a little annoyed.

3 Likes

Re: Entangled by Shalomdee(f): 10:05pm On Jun 22, 2017
Best1708:
Nice one,following

Welcome and enjoy

1 Like

Re: Entangled by Shalomdee(f): 10:06pm On Jun 22, 2017
hormobolanle:
shalomdee anti were are thou Na
Iyam come n b Taya of waiting fa
I feel Lancelot is kind-of related to Jane former husband but
make I still dy ........

Keep following, the mystery will soon be revealed
Re: Entangled by Nathblessing(m): 10:58pm On Jun 22, 2017
Finally here. Wonderful storyline you have here. I dey follow till the end..... Abeg who dey serve gala and fayrouz for here o......

1 Like

Re: Entangled by queenitee(f): 11:05pm On Jun 22, 2017
This Rahlia is good and believe me, with the way she greeted Jane on her wedding, I thought she would be a snob. She's cool

1 Like

Re: Entangled by hottadiva(f): 1:49am On Jun 23, 2017
this is beautiful. such a soothing and intelligent read.. keep it up dear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Entangled by Shalomdee(f): 11:09am On Jun 23, 2017
CHAPTER SEVEN continued

Aunt Gloria called later to say they were in Chilas Hospital and the test for Isaac showed he had typhoid and malaria. “How did he get those?” Jane had asked her aunt a little annoyed.

“As for the typhoid, there is no escaping it once you are in this country, maybe he drank someone’s kunu at school that was prepared with unclean water. For the malaria, I am surprised myself. He sleeps in the mosquito net in my room and I spray the room with Insecticide every week, maybe it is one of these days he was playing with the children in the compound and did not come home on time.” Aunt Gloria explained.

Jane sighed; she was still annoyed though not at Aunt Gloria. She knew Aunt Gloria was a careful woman and she was taking proper care of her son. She owed Aunt Gloria a lot; she was being a mother to her even though her biological mother was still alive. Not many aunts would have agreed to make the sacrifice her aunt was making for her. She could not afford to let her know she was angry at Isaac being sick. Children got sick once in a while, it was normal when they were growing up. Their immune system was not as strong as adults so they easily reacted to their environment. She just prayed her son will be well soon. She hated the fact that he had to be sick. She would rather be sick than want Isaac to be sick. To think he had to undergo pains and feverish conditions, it was much for her to bear.

“He will be okay.” Aunt Gloria emphasized. “He was given an injection and we will come every day for the next 6 days so he can be injected. They also gave us some drugs for the typhoid and malaria, in probably three days he will be back on his feet. I will warn him sternly never to collect anything offered him to eat or drink at school and I will limit his play time with his friends. Once it is 4 p.m he will have to enter the house.”

“Yes, that will be good.” Jane agreed. “I will send you another three thousand naira tomorrow so you can buy anything he needs.”

“You sent money the first week of November, don’t send anymore money. You need it more, take care of yourself. You should be saving for your school, when you get to University you will need money a lot. I advice you to limit you spending and save, do you hear me?”

“Alright, but I will be good. Brother Lancelot will always give me the money I need.”

“Is that so?” Aunt Gloria asked, “Please don’t rely on him, save the money he gives you now and leave the tuition fees to him. I need to get off the phone now and attend to Isaac, be good and remember to pray always. Bye.”

“Bye Auntie.”

Her aunt hung up the phone. Jane threw the phone on her bed. Just some few weeks and I will see my son again.

Lancelot was in his office doing some paperwork. It was 4 p.m and he was through with seeing patients except if an emergency case was brought. He yawned; he was tired from the day’s work. He had a few hours to go back home, he could not wait to finally be in his house and sink in the sofa in the living room.

Doctor Bose entered into his office just then. She was one of the two female doctor’s thay had in the Paediatrics department. She was married with two kids who attended an expensive school and spoke with a British accent. “Doctor Lancelot,” she said adjusting her gold rimmed spectacles, her white hospital overall revealing a green lilac gown. “I wanted to talk with you.” She spoke with a near British accent.

Lancelot rearranged the papers on the desk and motioned a seat for her. “What is Doctor Bose?”

“Your behaviour lately, I can’t quite place it. You seem a little worn out and you make a few faults in your diagnoses, I have gone through some of the patients files and noticed the errors you made. Even in the prescriptions you’ve given parents of our patients, you exclude some major drugs that could alleviate the sicknesses. I need to know what’s going on.” She looked intently at Lancelot in her domineering way.

Lancelot was silent for some seconds considering what he had just been told. “So, you have been monitoring everything I do with patients?” He asked fiddling with his ball pen.

“Of course, my observations are the ones that have come to me by perchance, but they are glaring evidences that something is wrong. I would not be talking this out with you if I did not consider you a friend and a good colleague; I mean I know your previous work and how you have made a lot of contribution to child care. It just baffles me that a professional like you would be making major errors in diagnoses.”

Lancelot covered his face with the palm of his hands and opened it again. “Maybe I am just stressed out.”

“Which is why you should find time to rest. Stress is not an excuse to make such mistakes; we are talking about people’s lives here.” She patted his palms. “Are you having a family crisis?”

“Of course not.” He withdrew his hands swiftly from hers.

“Put yourself together and stop making those mistakes. I have already covered your tracks so they don’t get noticed by management. If you are having a bigger challenge that you cannot share, you can talk to the management to consider giving you a leave.” She stood up to go.

“Bose,” Lancelot called. “I appreciate, I will do something about it.”

Doctor Bose nodded and left. Lancelot bowed his head on the desk and wept quietly.
Re: Entangled by Shalomdee(f): 11:12am On Jun 23, 2017
Nathblessing:
Finally here. Wonderful storyline you have here. I dey follow till the end..... Abeg who dey serve gala and fayrouz for here o......

Thanks for following, I don't know who serves gala and fayrouz, but I heard Adesina12 is the popcorn girl. Adesina12, we need some popcorn please.
Re: Entangled by Shalomdee(f): 11:14am On Jun 23, 2017
queenitee:
This Rahlia is good and believe me, with the way she greeted Jane on her wedding, I thought she would be a snob. She's cool

Yes she is queenitee
Re: Entangled by Shalomdee(f): 11:15am On Jun 23, 2017
hottadiva:
this is beautiful. such a soothing and intelligent read.. keep it up dear

I'm grateful
Re: Entangled by queenitee(f): 11:48am On Jun 23, 2017
What's wrong with Lancelot? Shalomdee don't make a good man suffer o
Re: Entangled by Adesina12: 12:30pm On Jun 23, 2017
Shalomdee:

Thanks for following, I don't know who serves gala and fayrouz, but I heard Adesina12 is the popcorn girl. Adesina12, we need some popcorn please.

Why you are just calling me when the story is already concluded?

I am away from popcorn factory, I will supply on my return

Queenitee you could not call me abi?

Don't come home 2nyt ...ok
Re: Entangled by xaviercasmir(m): 1:18pm On Jun 23, 2017
Lancelot may be having a problem that he would not want to share with anyone. Only Jane may be the remedy that he need since he was comfortable with her.
My opinion.
Keep it up

1 Like

Re: Entangled by queenitee(f): 1:37pm On Jun 23, 2017
Adesina12:

I'm sorry your highness, I thought I did already
Re: Entangled by Shalomdee(f): 1:52pm On Jun 23, 2017
Adesina12:

My dear, I got to know about your popcorn factory after the story had gone far, but the story still has a long way to go.
Re: Entangled by Pearl05(f): 2:16pm On Jun 23, 2017
Could it be that Rahila's inability to get pregnant is as a result of Lancelot's past lifestyle. Hence, when he was talking with Jane he remembered and he got emotional. Now it's affecting his job. Pls unveil all the mysteries in the story soon.

2 bottles of chilled zobo and big size of popcorn for you. Get job
Re: Entangled by VETSURGEON123(m): 3:10pm On Jun 23, 2017
A BIG SHOUT OUT TO SHALOMDEE AND FELOW N.LANDERS. THUMBS UP.
Re: Entangled by queenitee(f): 3:15pm On Jun 23, 2017
Pearl05:
Could it be that Rahila's inability to get pregnant is as a result of Lancelot's past lifestyle. Hence, when he was talking with Jane he remembered and he got emotional. Now it's affecting his job. Pls unveil all the mysteries in the story soon.

2 bottles of chilled zobo and big size of popcorn for you. Get job
You said my mind

1 Like

Re: Entangled by talk2saintify(m): 6:55pm On Jun 23, 2017
Ah wonder wats wrong wif Lancelot

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) / Generation To Generations... / The Silent Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.