Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Massive Riot In South Africa As A Lesbian Was Openly Raped & Stoned To Death - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Massive Riot In South Africa As A Lesbian Was Openly Raped & Stoned To Death (1285 Views)

Youths Destroying Military Car During Riot In Jos (Photo) / MAUTECH Students Riot In Yola After Man "Blasphemed" Against Islam On WhatsApp / KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Massive Riot In South Africa As A Lesbian Was Openly Raped & Stoned To Death by morereb10: 8:41am On May 20, 2017
South Africans are making their country less attractive everyday as many horrific incidence continue to mare this once beautiful nation. Today is killing each other, tomorrow is xenophobic attacks or hate crimes and now another outrageous attack on an innocent woman.

This time, an openly lesbian woman from Soweto was brutalised and murdered in a suspected hate crime, the day before starting her promising new job. On Sunday, May 14, the half naked body of 27-year-old Lerato Tambai Moloi, described by activists as a “butch” lesbian, was found in Naledi Ext. She was discovered by community members who were cutting down tall grass in a field near a railway line. Her trousers and underwear had been pulled down. Large rocks had been thrown onto her head.

According to a police statement, Moloi also had three wounds to her neck. A knife was found next to her body. It is believed that she was raped. Moloi was last seen in the early hours of Sunday morning at the Gift’s Inn tavern with a 38-year-old man, who has now been arrested as a suspect in the murder. Forensic samples was taken from both the victim and the suspect, said police.

Steve Letsike, Director of Access Chapter 2, was among a group of activists who met with Moloi’s family and the police on Monday. They also visited the tavern and the location where her body was discovered. The young woman, who lived with her aunt, had just landed a new job, which she was excited to start this week. “The family is shocked, they are traumatized,” Letsike told Mambaonline. “It’s so sad to be around them, listening to how she was going to be able to help at home and the family”.

When she left the house on Saturday, Moloi told her aunt that she would buy her something for Mother’s Day when she got her first paycheque. “She will never see another Mother’s Day. That opportunity for them to take care of one another was taken away,” said Letsike.

“I am broken. I am angry, because we are sitting here with a rise in hate crime incidents in South Africa. Prevention of these incidents is not prioritised. I think we have to face reality; that we are facing a war on women’s bodies – and particularly the LGBTI community.” Two suspects were arrested and appeared before Pretoria Magistrate Court on May 17th.

One pleaded guilty and the other one not guilty. Meanwhile, LGBT members (pictured) occupied the court demanding for justice.

More pics below...

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/05/massive-riot-in-south-africa-as-lesbian.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44 missyb3

Re: Massive Riot In South Africa As A Lesbian Was Openly Raped & Stoned To Death by Nobody: 8:44am On May 20, 2017
Did she enjoy it?

Will she stop being a lesbain?

Are the boys not supposed to be praise for helpig humanity?

The death is sad and not neccesary

May she rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Massive Riot In South Africa As A Lesbian Was Openly Raped & Stoned To Death by naijafella(m): 8:44am On May 20, 2017
Clear them all. The gays and lesbians.
Re: Massive Riot In South Africa As A Lesbian Was Openly Raped & Stoned To Death by Nobody: 8:49am On May 20, 2017
South Africans are making their country less attractive? Which South Africans? Is it not the same South Africans marching against such crimes in the pictures you posted? If anyone thinks South Africa is an "unattractive" place to be, simply don't visit. You won't be missed.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Riot In South Africa As A Lesbian Was Openly Raped & Stoned To Death by obojememe: 8:50am On May 20, 2017
naijafella:
Clear them all. The gays and lesbians.
are they not humans like you ?
Re: Massive Riot In South Africa As A Lesbian Was Openly Raped & Stoned To Death by naijafella(m): 8:51am On May 20, 2017
obojememe:
are they not humans like you ?

If you are one of them and you dare come close to me, I will clear you. Nonsense.
Re: Massive Riot In South Africa As A Lesbian Was Openly Raped & Stoned To Death by refiner(f): 8:55am On May 20, 2017
Nawa oo...how does her being a lesbian affect that idiiot?

1 Like

Re: Massive Riot In South Africa As A Lesbian Was Openly Raped & Stoned To Death by kingsman66(m): 8:57am On May 20, 2017
south Africa always doing the right time at the wrong time
Re: Massive Riot In South Africa As A Lesbian Was Openly Raped & Stoned To Death by Arsenalholic1: 9:02am On May 20, 2017
OP your first paragraph is uneccessary. Looks like that was the reason you created the thread in the first place.

A lot of sh*t have been going down there if you follow news from that part of the world.

But who doesn't have their problems? Ghana? Uganda? Kenya? Your beloved Nigeria?

RIP to the young lady.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Riot In South Africa As A Lesbian Was Openly Raped & Stoned To Death by Nobody: 9:04am On May 20, 2017
Arsenalholic1:
OP your first paragraph is uneccessary. Looks like that was the reason you created the thread in the first place.

A lot of sh*t have been going down there if you follow news from that part of the world.

But who doesn't have their problems? Ghana? Uganda? Kenya? Your beloved Nigeria?

RIP to the young lady.

End of story.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Riot In South Africa As A Lesbian Was Openly Raped & Stoned To Death by Lifestone(m): 9:15am On May 20, 2017
ZarZar:
South Africans are making their country less attractive? Which South Africans? Is it not the same South Africans marching against such crimes in the pictures you posted? If anyone thinks South Africa is an "unattractive" place to be, simply don't visit. You won't be missed.
If we all stop going to your SA one by one,then your huge tourism industry will collapse and more jobs will be lost which will lead to more frustration and the vicious circle continue. African leaders must all stand up and create an environment that permits all to flourish within the law
Re: Massive Riot In South Africa As A Lesbian Was Openly Raped & Stoned To Death by Nobody: 9:23am On May 20, 2017
Lifestone:

If we all stop going to your SA one by one,then your huge tourism industry will collapse and more jobs will be lost which will lead to more frustration and the vicious circle continue. African leaders must all stand up and create an environment that permits all to flourish within the law

OK, first of all, who is "we"? Because the people who do visit South Africa as tourists, are aware that crime is not only limited to South Africa. Every travelling guide, to every corner of the globe, will warn potential travellers about the dangers to look out for in their desired destination. So no, South Africa is not the odd man out when it comes to these kind of issues. Criminals are everywhere.
Re: Massive Riot In South Africa As A Lesbian Was Openly Raped & Stoned To Death by swagguElite(m): 9:24am On May 20, 2017
ZarZar:
C'mon chill! ...it is not like you are from SA ... There is nothing wrong in saying South Africans are making their country less attractive! ...when it is actually looks that way!

....saying they ar making their country less attractive does not mean they are actually bad or anything! ... If I was going to go to any African country for adventure or fun ...I would pick SA anytime but looking at their inhumane killings here n there! ...it is truly making that place non attractive! ...No lie!

1 Like

Re: Massive Riot In South Africa As A Lesbian Was Openly Raped & Stoned To Death by Lifestone(m): 9:30am On May 20, 2017
ZarZar:

OK, first of all, who is "we"? Because the people who do visit South Africa as tourists, are aware that crime is not only limited to South Africa. Every travelling guide, to every corner of the globe, will warn potentially travellers about the dangers to look out for in their desired destination. So no, South Africa is not the odd man out when it comes to these kind of issues. Criminals are everywhere.
Crime and tourism are inversely related. I am certain he is not trying to shade SA but to raise concerns which is valid. SA represents the leading civilization in Africa, they must not desend
Re: Massive Riot In South Africa As A Lesbian Was Openly Raped & Stoned To Death by Nobody: 9:34am On May 20, 2017
swagguElite:
C'mon chill! ...it is not like you are from SA ... There is nothing wrong in saying South Africans are making their country less attractive! ...when it is actually looks that way!

....saying they ar making their country less attractive does not mean they are actually bad or anything! ... If I was going to go to any African country for adventure or fun ...I would pick SA anytime but looking at their inhumane killings here n there! ...it is truly making that place non attractive! ...No lie!

There's everything wrong with that statement because it is a blanket statement that covers not only the criminals, but also the innocent people who are undeserving of such unfair judgment based only on their nationality. South Africans are still individuals at the end of the day & don't deserve to be judged on the sins of others.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Riot In South Africa As A Lesbian Was Openly Raped & Stoned To Death by Nobody: 9:42am On May 20, 2017
Lifestone:

Crime and tourism are inversely related. I am certain he is not trying to shade SA but to raise concerns which is valid. SA represents the leading civilization in Africa, they must not desend

Oh well. The choice is still up to the person, whether the concerns are valid or not. This yammering on & on, not only is it annoying but it is also senseless considering the fact that it's a choice. Some will still come even after taking all the facts into consideration/account because they know there is more to the country than what is reported on the media outlets.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Riot In South Africa As A Lesbian Was Openly Raped & Stoned To Death by swagguElite(m): 10:33am On May 20, 2017
ZarZar:

There's everything wrong with that statement because it is a blanket statement that covers not only the criminals, but also the innocent people who are undeserving of such unfair judgment based only on their nationality. South Africans are still individuals at the end of the day & don't deserve to be judged on the sins of others.
Same tin applies to every other african country including & most esp.Nigeria ...

Nigerians have been tintedWithAVibrantPaintOfAddictiveFormsOfAllCrimes! ...not even excluding the innocent ones coz not everybody involve in most indecentActs perpetuated by a few number of Crimeddicted persons!

Nd there's nothing noone can do about it since we ar always trending in the crime section! ...realli dnt care though! ...I enjoy both good n bad attention! ...since ... No one is perfect! ..but I will be! wink

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I Asked My Client To Bring Human Parts To Scare Him – Herbalist / How I Discovered My Daughter Ochanya Had Been Repeatedly Raped By Her Uncle / Security Training For Vips And VIP Bodyguards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.