Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe (5139 Views)

I Am Helpless / Where Did Your Parent Warned You Not To Marry From And Why? / What Tribe Would You Love To Marry From And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by TimmyPapa(m): 8:41am On May 20, 2017
I don't understand.. dir Is dis lady i met 2 years ago nd smthg popped up btw us.. we strted dating sinc last year. I am a yoruba she is an Igbo gal.. now we are about stepping things up.. Most time wen we ar together she's always lost in thought and wen
checkout 7 Great Movies coming out this year...year https://afro9jaland..com.ng/2017/05/7-movies-to-watch-out-for-in-2017.html
if I ask wat d mattr is..she ll tell me nt to worry but one day I frankly pester her and she den told me that her parent won't allow her marry a yoruba guy.. I was like shocked crywhy @ dis present age? She said her parent has tried on her nd she won't wana betray dem....and I could remember the first time I told ma fwen about d lady d moment I mention she was igbo he told me immediately guy forget her..... pls I Don't understand is it a crime to marry someone u love from another tribE...

1 Like

Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by Dotwillis1(m): 8:47am On May 20, 2017
Go to her village and ask her Ancestorsundecided
Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by Nutase: 8:49am On May 20, 2017
Majority of Nigerians have been indoctrinated from childhood to be tribalists and fanatics.

Fight for your love or let her go if you don't have the balls.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by TimmyPapa(m): 8:50am On May 20, 2017
Dotwillis1:
Go to her village and ask her Ancestorsundecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by TimmyPapa(m): 8:51am On May 20, 2017
Nutase:
Majority of Nigerians have been indoctrinated from childhood to be tribalists and fanatics.

Fight for your love or let her go if you don't have the balls.
Tnks Gal I appreciate
Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by sweerychick(f): 8:56am On May 20, 2017
You are not serious to marry her then.. Stop whining and be a man.

3 Likes

Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by TimmyPapa(m): 8:56am On May 20, 2017
[quote author=Nutase post=56697826]Majority of Nigerians have been indoctrinated from childhood to be tribalists and fanatics.

Fight for your love or let her go if you don't have the balls. [/quo av bn dir nd I was nt accpted nicely
Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by Dotwillis1(m): 8:57am On May 20, 2017
[quote author=TimmyPapa post=56697863][/quote]Learn not to ask foolish questions. You didn't ask for advise on what to do,
You only rant about if its a crime??...

So the best response is to go ask her ancestors cool

2 Likes

Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by TimmyPapa(m): 8:58am On May 20, 2017
sweerychick:
You are not serious to marry her then.. Stop whining and be a man.

Av been to her family believ u me I wasn't accepted nicely
Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by Nobody: 8:58am On May 20, 2017
Interested sugar mummy in phc watsapp me 08120936185
Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by TimmyPapa(m): 8:59am On May 20, 2017
Dotwillis1:
Learn not to ask foolish questions. You didn't ask for advise on what to do,
You only rant about if its a crime??...

So the best response is to go ask her ancestors cool
Read the topic..nd by d way did u answr d question
Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by sweerychick(f): 8:59am On May 20, 2017
TimmyPapa:

Av been to her family believ u me I wasn't accepted nicely
did u go alone?

1 Like

Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by TimmyPapa(m): 9:01am On May 20, 2017
sweerychick:
did u go alone?
Yep..first time yu knw
Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by Oyindidi(f): 9:04am On May 20, 2017
Funny enough, I vowed never to marry from my tribes ( my dad and mom's tribe). Even my kids won't marry from there. If they listen to me.

1 Like

Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by sweerychick(f): 9:13am On May 20, 2017
TimmyPapa:

Yep..first time yu knw
and because of it u felt intimidated abi? Lol believe me u re not ready for marriage you are just substituting relatioship 4 marriage. B4 i advice u futher i want to knw how serious ur girl is towards you and her state?

2 Likes

Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by TimmyPapa(m): 9:15am On May 20, 2017
She's very serious very very she's from Enugu
Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by Cherez: 9:15am On May 20, 2017
I'm Igbo.
I hate such events and I entirely hold the girl responsible, though I understand her point.
Since, the Igbo has a generalised disposition that the Yorubas don't like them, and that Yorubas are promiscuous, tending mostly to polygamy.
All you need to prove to the girl's parents is that you truly love her and you are a faithful man.
However, I will advise you visit her home and get more into a heart-to-heart talk with her father (don't be scared of any defenses and acts he puts up to keep u away, in fact, request for a two-aside time with him) and find out why he is against you. If you find out (It's most likely a preconceived notion), work to disprove his theory.
Make sure to buy fruits anytime you visit.
I'm going through same thing but I HAVE RESOLVED TO FIGHT FOR THE LADY I LOVE, knowing fully well that she and her parents have the wrong knowledge of whom an Igbo man truly is

9 Likes

Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by TimmyPapa(m): 9:15am On May 20, 2017
Oyindidi:
Funny enough, I vowed never to marry from my tribes ( my dad and mom's tribe). Even my kids won't marry from there. If they listen to me.

Why

1 Like

Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by TreasuredLeidy(f): 9:15am On May 20, 2017
TimmyPapa:

Yep..first time yu knw
No no no, you should not have gone alone.
you should have gone with plenty goodies, truck full of money, bags and loads of rice, beans, yam, what have you?
they would have accepted you shaperly shaperly.

u don eff up
Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by SEXONLY: 9:23am On May 20, 2017
TimmyPapa, I will strongly advise you to quit the relationship with immediate effect. A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage/home. There is nothing you will do that will make her family to change their perceptive and i want you to know that it required more than LOVE to stay in a marriage. Leave their daughter for them now and get yourself another lady because if anything should happened to their daughter you will regret coming to this world.

My bitter advise.

IF YOU NEED A PICKER IN THE UNITED STATES, CONTACT ME FOR BUSINESS.

1 Like

Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by Oyindidi(f): 9:24am On May 20, 2017
TimmyPapa:

Why
Just don't like our men, they flirt a lot
Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by TimmyPapa(m): 9:25am On May 20, 2017
TreasuredLeidy:

No no no, you should not have gone alone.
you should have gone with plenty goodies, truck full of money, bags and loads of rice, beans, yam, what have you?
they would have accepted you shaperly shaperly.

u don eff up
funy u
Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by McBrooklyn(m): 9:28am On May 20, 2017
grin
Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by TimmyPapa(m): 9:29am On May 20, 2017
Oyindidi:
Just don't like our men, they flirt a lot
Wah tribe is dat

1 Like

Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by TimmyPapa(m): 9:31am On May 20, 2017
Cherez:
I'm Igbo.
I hate such events and I entirely hold the girl responsible, though I understand her point.
Since, the Igbo has a generalised disposition that the Yorubas don't like them, and that Yorubas are promiscuous, tending mostly to polygamy.
All you need to prove to the girl's parents is that you truly love her and you are a faithful man.
However, I will advise you visit her home and get more into a heart-to-heart talk with her father (don't be scared of any defenses and acts he puts up to keep u away, in fact, request for a two-aside time with him) and find out why he is against you. If you find out (It's most likely a preconceived notion), work to disprove his theory.
Make sure to buy fruits anytime you visit.
I'm going through same thing but I HAVE RESOLVED TO FIGHT FOR THE LADY I LOVE, knowing fully well that she and her parents have the wrong knowledge of whom an Igbo man truly is

You ar d man boss

1 Like

Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by Nobody: 9:33am On May 20, 2017
so far is Enugu you will be accepted.. we are liberal Pay a visit one more time
if it were Anambra or Ebonyi I would say it might be more difficult

3 Likes

Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by Oyindidi(f): 9:33am On May 20, 2017
TimmyPapa:

Wah tribe is dat
Lol, why you want know? My elder sister married very early to a guy from my village. He was like a beast. Beating her and will use bottle to chase her. I vowed never to marry from my village.
Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by TimmyPapa(m): 9:36am On May 20, 2017
Oyindidi:
Lol, why you want know? My elder sister married very early to a guy from my village. He was like a beast. Beating her and will use bottle to chase her. I vowed never to marry from my village.
But do u knw it's d personality not d tribe... we also av good ones from ur village thou and also worse once from wia u think myt be good

3 Likes

Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by swagguElite(m): 9:42am On May 20, 2017
Dude just stay clear! ...Nd let your girlfriend face her parents n staying on her feet that you ar the only she want to ever be with!

You can't fight for her! ....it is not your family involved ...it is her family that's against you! ...she should stand for you! ...she was born,breed n groomed in that family she should be able to convince n hold her stand like aConversation!

My family cannot say I can't marry my girlfriend n I will be expecting her to fight for us! ...it is my job to handle my family I will surely do dat with aCuriouslyFastnFuriousRaptTenacity! ...

I dey vex! after having dated some many years to get the right woman ...you will say I can't marry her! ... If I dnt marry her none of my brothers are going to marry! ..infact no TV for anyone that day! ...dats after I remove the satellite dish n donate to my church on behalf of my parents!

Then I will plan ao to remove d wheel steering of my dad's car n put on the exact part of the roof where I removed the satellite dish! .... angryrubbish! ...Don't touch me! ...I still dey vex!

10 Likes

Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by TimmyPapa(m): 9:52am On May 20, 2017
swagguElite:
Dude just stay clear! ...Nd let your girlfriend face her parents n staying on her feet that you ar the only she want to ever be with!

You can't fight for her! ....it is not your family involved ...it is her family that's against you! ...she should stand for you! ...she was born,breed n groomed in that family she should be able to convince n hold her stand like aConversation!

My family cannot say I can't marry my girlfriend n I will be expecting her to fight for us! ...it is my job to handle my family I will surely do dat with aCuriouslyFastnFuriousRaptTenacity! ...

I dey vex! after having dated some many years to get the right woman ...you will say I can't marry her! ... If I dnt marry her none of my brothers are going to marry! ..infact no TV for anyone that day! ...dats after I remove the satellite dish n donate to my church on behalf of my parents!

Then I will plan ao to remove d wheel steering of my dad's car n put on the exact part of the roof where I removed the satellite dish! .... angryrubbish! ...Don't touch me! ...I still dey vex!
smiless... na tru talk.. I agree she has to do d job

1 Like

Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by vicmangs(m): 10:17am On May 20, 2017
I know of an Igbo man who got married to a Yoruba woman, they have three kids together as husband and wife. They loved each other somuch, I lived with them for 2yrs somewhere in Abuja. But what bothers me is their extended families, her inlaws never like her, they frustrate her to an extent that she had to go back to her parent's house @d age of above forty yrs old. We keep saying one Nigeria but our parents never agreed to that by kicking against inter-marriages. God help us.

4 Likes

Re: Am Helpless...is It A Crime To Marry From Another Tribe by vicmangs(m): 10:21am On May 20, 2017
swagguElite:

Even so, after the marriage there maybe no peace and hermony between the two families.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Check This Lady's Backside (butt) U Will Fall For It / Warning! Read What Too Much Masturbation Can Do To Your P*nis / Which Fraternity Can I Join To Be Rich In Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.