Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa (13774 Views)

My Daily Episodes In NYSC Orientation Camp@ Cross River 17A STR 2 / How True Is This?? To All Prospective 17A Corpers / Best Paying Northern NYSC States For Batch 17A Corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by Splashme: 3:59pm On May 21, 2017
I served there too
Corpers should target . . . .

Calabar

Ikom

Ogoja

Obudu

Ugep

in that order . . .
Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by missphilz(f): 4:00pm On May 21, 2017
[quote author=don4real18 post=56735693]so true joor. calabar is jst another over rated place. Apart from the municipality nothing else there.

1 Like

Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by Charlesedet: 4:02pm On May 21, 2017
Am presently base @cross river state college of education, awi, any nairalander camping der should hookup wit me @.....
Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 21, 2017
Anytime I see obubra my body starts itching lol... With that their 'crude oil' water and 'ebola' hostel. This new place should be better And, yes, Calabar is overrated
Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by trippleKAY(m): 4:34pm On May 21, 2017
arrestdarrester:
Akamkpa is so much better in terms of accessibility. Obubra is about 9 hours from Calabar.
for d same cross river?
na so d state big reach?
Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by omonighoblessing(f): 4:42pm On May 21, 2017
don4real18:
I served in Cross River during my service year and will love you to know that you should forget about Calabar hype... its a place of lazy men that want to feed off corpers
thank you soooo much jare.Am currently serving in ikom.I underestimated the place at first.
Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by DNA9(m): 4:44pm On May 21, 2017
arrestdarrester:
Akamkpa is so much better in terms of accessibility. Obubra is about 9 hours from Calabar.

9 hours? Bros, sombody cannot play with u again?

2 Likes

Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by Ghost01(m): 4:57pm On May 21, 2017
XKZ:
Obubra, Obubra, me I no like Obubra...
Na you say you wan come, no be me say make you come... grin

It wasn't a wow experience but it was an interesting one.
Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by tojahh(m): 5:08pm On May 21, 2017
Ghost01:
Na you say you wan come, no be me say make you come... grin

It wasn't a wow experience but it was an interesting one.

This should be cow and snake.
Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by senatordave1(m): 5:16pm On May 21, 2017
DNA9:

9 hours? Bros, sombody cannot play with u again?
Dont mind him,hes overexaggerating.from cali to obubra is between two to three hours depending on the driver and the type of vehicle used.from bakassi to bekwarra or obanliku is not even up to 7 hours.like someone said,corpers should strive and get posted to either cali,ikom(four corners or town),ogoja town,obudu town,ugep/ekori or parts of akamkpa like awi,akamkpa town,uyanga,okom ita,oban or any of the lga headquarters in the state.any other place,your service would turn to suffering.take note that the state pay is not much,just 3000 plus.
Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by Damfostopper(m): 5:28pm On May 21, 2017
arrestdarrester:
Bros... I stay in Calabar.... ur lying..... 9hrs.... na taraba Yu dey go.... the maximum is 6hrs.... and its Bekwarra local government..... Infact no Corper shud see himself in Bekwarra and Yala.... Yala worst pass.... Atleast... pray for Calabar south.... Calabar municipal.... akamkpa.... odukpani... other LGAs are far... BTW 4hrs journey to 6hrs journey
Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by misterh(m): 5:38pm On May 21, 2017
arrestdarrester:
Ahan! Is this an attempt at sarcasm? Obubra is just about 3 hours from Calabar while Akamkpa is just about 45 mins.
Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by Dear2hrt(m): 6:15pm On May 21, 2017
There is a boundary problem in Obura. There is fighting in the Local Government Area.
Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by Kalusam(m): 7:15pm On May 21, 2017
XKZ:
which batch/stream did you serve? That was our version of one of the beagle sounds back then tongue...Batch 11B
Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by BlizzydoDo(f): 7:29pm On May 21, 2017
senatordave1:

Dont mind him,hes overexaggerating.from cali to obubra is between two to three hours depending on the driver and the type of vehicle used.from bakassi to bekwarra or obanliku is not even up to 7 hours.like someone said,corpers should strive and get posted to either cali,ikom(four corners or town),ogoja town,obudu town,ugep/ekori or parts of akamkpa like awi,akamkpa town,uyanga,okom ita,oban or any of the lga headquarters in the state.any other place,your service would turn to suffering.take note that the state pay is not much,just 3000 plus.
obanliku is over 8 hours, refuse to believe there's state allawee. BTW Obudu is no town
Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by Innocenty1love(m): 7:39pm On May 21, 2017
Served in uyanga,15 mins drive from CoE.
Very nice town and the people are nice to corpers.
Obubbra camp may be dirty and muddy,but I enjoyed my stay in the camp.
Wish the corp members success sha.
Pray they post you to stella maris seminary uyanga, they pay js good and they gives accommodation
Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by Beesluv: 8:17pm On May 21, 2017
I enjoyed Obubra camp. There was light and water during my time.
Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by senatordave1(m): 8:30pm On May 21, 2017
BlizzydoDo:
obanliku is over 8 hours, refuse to believe there's state allawee. BTW Obudu is no town
Oga,from cali to obanliku is 6hours highest except you travel with beetle,dyna,articulated vehicles etc.dont forget that once you reach the road to obudu town after boki,the road by your right leads you to the cattle ranch is obanliku except your counting the ranch as obudu.the local governnent headquarters of obudu which is obudu town is half developed,semi urbanized which makes it a town.itz more developed than ugep.finally,crs official allowee na 3100 naira but dont know if the short man is disbursing

1 Like

Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by blesoh(f): 9:38pm On May 21, 2017
arrestdarrester:
The lie small small na, even ogoja is not 9hrs from calabar,not to talk of obubra, I went for a burial last week Saturday came back same day before 5pm I was in calabar.
Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by blesoh(f): 9:40pm On May 21, 2017
DoctorNyash:
bros wise na lie small small na just 4 hours maximum. 9 hours ke na Lokoja you dey go?
Am sure he has never been to calabar, even ogoja not 9hrs
Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by blesoh(f): 9:42pm On May 21, 2017
amijid2012:
Pls house lyk how many minutes or hours to Akamkpa frm Calaba?
Not up to 30min, the college is in Awi not the main akamkpa so no fear, its my local government
Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 21, 2017
XKZ:
u must come, u must come, no be me say make u come..
Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by obinoral1179(m): 10:35pm On May 21, 2017
einsteinn:
i camped in obubura n its sure one of the better camps we hv in nigeria.....closeness to calabar is not important as u aint leaving the normally throughout the camping duration....i jus wonder what facilities they have at the 'akamkpa camp'....jus expect the worst in terms of comfort.
i serve in akamkpa and my PPA is the school they are about to used. The school is serene enough for camping but accommodation might not go round for all of them..... All the best to them....
Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 21, 2017
senatordave1:

Oga,from cali to obanliku is 6hours highest except you travel with beetle,dyna,articulated vehicles etc.dont forget that once you reach the road to obudu town after boki,the road by your right leads you to the cattle ranch is obanliku except your counting the ranch as obudu.the local governnent headquarters of obudu which is obudu town is half developed,semi urbanized which makes it a town.itz more developed than ugep.finally,crs official allowee na 3100 naira but dont know if the short man is disbursing
I served in obudu, it's really a semi developed town with lots of villages and interior, farther away from the town.but u going to enjoy the people, me no just enjoy d soup.so I make ma own soup wit their apu
Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 21, 2017
Obudu to cali is 8 to 7hrs by ayeda bus
Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by obinoral1179(m): 10:39pm On May 21, 2017
Nice development....Akamkpa is the richest and largest LGA in calabar...... The home of quarry company....... All the best to you guys... Memories never fail..... NCCF will have easy access to the place............ I still love that family so much.

1 Like

Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by obinoral1179(m): 10:40pm On May 21, 2017
barragan:

Obubra is only about 2-3 hours from calabar.
4 hours maximum
Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by obinoral1179(m): 10:41pm On May 21, 2017
Splashme:
I served there too
Corpers should target . . . .

Calabar

Ikom

Ogoja

Obudu

Ugep

in that order . . .
after calabar the next is Akamkpa
Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by obinoral1179(m): 10:43pm On May 21, 2017
Charlesedet:
Am presently base @cross river state college of education, awi, any nairalander camping der should hookup wit me @.....
you never graduate from that school.... Abi now house on the hill you dey stay...
Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by obinoral1179(m): 10:43pm On May 21, 2017
ashkenking:
Obudu to cali is 8 to 7hrs by ayeda bus
not up to that...
Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by BlizzydoDo(f): 10:47pm On May 21, 2017
senatordave1:

6 hours seriously? finished service last month @ Bayalele Obanliku. My family house is @ ranch road Obudu. Travelled with a good car 4rm Obudu 2 Calabar & spent 8hours besides d road is terrible.
Pls Obudu is no town @ all, gets so much popularity because of d ranch. No good network @ Obudu & Obanliku all together, banking is extra terrible, no good road, no light, no nothing.... what makes it a town only street lights. @Sankwala Obanliku, no nepa pole sef. Cross River State is just terrible ni, people's children go & suffer for nothing there ni
Re: Cross River State 17A Stream 1 Corps Members Camp Changed From Obruba To Akamkpa by BlizzydoDo(f): 11:11pm On May 21, 2017
ashkenking:
I served in obudu, it's really a semi developed town with lots of villages and interior, farther away from the town.but u going to enjoy the people, me no just enjoy d soup.so I make ma own soup wit their apu
that's d only compensation Obudu & Obanliku kopas gets, d people r nice. Ate @ a canteen around animal junction Obudu & I almost cried, tried over 2 more places & I gave up. Their food is a no go area. C places like Ubang & co that av no reception. Tp @ Obudu now is #100 even 4rm cyclist park to d bank, they can it a drop.....won't allow my enemy choose CRS for service year.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NYSC: How The Internet Has Changed The Way We "Obey The Clarion Call" / Those Without JAMB Reg Number Are No Longer Eligible For NYSC / NYSC Orientation Camp Questions & Answers By Pcms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.