Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,882 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:22 AM

Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena (6982 Views)

Infinix Now On GSMARENA (photos) / This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! / Reasons Why Tecno And Infinix Find It Difficult To Send OTA Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by Behankey(m): 1:49pm On May 21, 2017
Firstly, as seen in some comments made about the ownership of Tecno, it's not owned by a Nigerian as believed, and secondly, it's not a global brand yet. Even though they have made giant strides over the years, they just entered India and Pakistan not long ago. And by the way, is GSM Arena the benchmark for measuring success?

4 Likes

Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by martinz1: 4:26pm On May 21, 2017
SlideTrendsBlog:
[img]https://1.bp..com/-wcsFYzuIc9s/WSAC3er8WDI/AAAAAAAADA0/FpsfQuioNC4woaO7e0xqkTYmumeu7unYgCLcB/s1600/photo.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-PMuQMY6Hhhg/WSAC6d9FiDI/AAAAAAAADA4/Gz93Aq1CEWg0KS_jL_tSdr7A10XNts7dwCLcB/s1600/7fi_PpDt.jpg[/img]

GSMArena is no doubt a spot for amazing reviews and specs of almost all phone in the world. If you need to know anything about any phone, just visit GSMArena. But in case of Tecno phones, you can't find any reviews of them on GSMArena.

If you have ever noticed, GSMArena have never listed Tecno in it reviews...this is awful, Tecno being one of the largest Android phone manufacturer in Nigeria and West Africa at large.

Though, being on GSMArena does not tell the quality of the phone. Afterall, Wiko is a very low and inferior phone comparing to Tecno , yet Wiko get featured on GSMArena.

But as for Tecno, they can't get listed because even though Tecno is a Chinese company and they are not an inferior brand, they sell their phones only in Africa; West Africa to be specific. They stopped selling phones in Asia since 2008 to focus on Africa.

To Nigeria, Tecno is a great company but to the rest of the world, they are absolutely nothing. Tecno is not a 'Global Brand'.

Tecno is doing very great in Nigeria and some parts of Africa, but that where it ends. They urgently need to do more to get recognized.

Anyway, Tecno get featured in great Nigerian blogs like Misstechy, Geek.ng, Techpoint, Techloy, Bestmobs and lots more, but they still need international exposure.

Let me hear your thought via the comment box.

http://www.slidetrends.com.ng/2017/05/why-tecno-phones-have-never-been-listed.html
tecno is a Nigerian phone

2 Likes

Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by lagosboy3(m): 4:34pm On May 21, 2017
SlideTrendsBlog:
[img]https://1.bp..com/-wcsFYzuIc9s/WSAC3er8WDI/AAAAAAAADA0/FpsfQuioNC4woaO7e0xqkTYmumeu7unYgCLcB/s1600/photo.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-PMuQMY6Hhhg/WSAC6d9FiDI/AAAAAAAADA4/Gz93Aq1CEWg0KS_jL_tSdr7A10XNts7dwCLcB/s1600/7fi_PpDt.jpg[/img]

GSMArena is no doubt a spot for amazing reviews and specs of almost all phone in the world. If you need to know anything about any phone, just visit GSMArena. But in case of Tecno phones, you can't find any reviews of them on GSMArena.

If you have ever noticed, GSMArena have never listed Tecno in it reviews...this is awful, Tecno being one of the largest Android phone manufacturer in Nigeria and West Africa at large.

Though, being on GSMArena does not tell the quality of the phone. Afterall, Wiko is a very low and inferior phone comparing to Tecno , yet Wiko get featured on GSMArena.

But as for Tecno, they can't get listed because even though Tecno is a Chinese company and they are not an inferior brand, they sell their phones only in Africa; West Africa to be specific. They stopped selling phones in Asia since 2008 to focus on Africa.

To Nigeria, Tecno is a great company but to the rest of the world, they are absolutely nothing. Tecno is not a 'Global Brand'.

Tecno is doing very great in Nigeria and some parts of Africa, but that where it ends. They urgently need to do more to get recognized.

Anyway, Tecno get featured in great Nigerian blogs like Misstechy, Geek.ng, Techpoint, Techloy, Bestmobs and lots more, but they still need international exposure.

http://www.slidetrends.com.ng/2017/05/why-tecno-phones-have-never-been-listed.html

Who this person yarning poo?
Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by scarycuteface(m): 6:38pm On May 21, 2017
Behankey:
Firstly, as seen in some comments made about the ownership of Tecno, it's not owned by a Nigerian as believed, and secondly, it's not a global brand yet. Even though they have made giant strides over the years, they just entered India and Pakistan not long ago. And by the way, is GSM Arena the benchmark for measuring success?
Help me ask them please. If Tecno continues to improve like they've consistently done over the years, they will soon be global.

2 Likes

Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by Freelancerx: 9:52pm On May 21, 2017
Are all the phones in the world on gsm arena? I'm sure that's a no. So why the fuss about Tecno not being featured?
Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by SlideTrendsBlog(f): 12:46am On May 22, 2017
Techm8:

If you believe that BS story that made the rounds in some nameless blog then you can believe anything.

Lol
Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by SlideTrendsBlog(f): 12:48am On May 22, 2017
Behankey:

I know this.. And take note that I also mentioned that GSM Arena doesn't determine the quality of the brand
Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by SlideTrendsBlog(f): 12:49am On May 22, 2017
Freelancerx:
Are all the phones in the world on gsm arena? I'm sure that's a no. So why the fuss about Tecno not being featured?

We are from Nigeria, we love tecno! I use Tecno right now.... . So why shouldnt I talk about it?
Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by SlideTrendsBlog(f): 12:53am On May 22, 2017
thegame:

This is wrong in every sense though. Samsung is not a cheap version of iPhone, they are entirely different in almost everything. iPhone is Iphone.samsung has others, LG is a cheaper version of Samsung, and so on.

True
Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by Nobody: 2:03am On May 22, 2017
pressplay411:

Well, technically Samsung is arguably a cheap version of iPhone.
Lets just appreciate 9ja brands is all I'm saying. (at least now that we know they're nigerian)

How is samsung a cheap version of iPhone?
Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by SlideTrendsBlog(f): 8:58am On May 22, 2017
SlideTrendsBlog:

Check out http://www.slidetrends.com.ng
Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by Nobody: 9:21am On May 22, 2017
SlideTrendsBlog:

True

What is true about his comment?
Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by Kondomatic(m): 10:12am On May 22, 2017
pressplay411:

Actually because it gives you the same value of a Samsung or iPhone for far less cheaper.
But then it's a matter of choice, some people just prefer brand and price tags.
The price of a second hand Samsung or iPhone that the user is obviously tired of can purchase the latest Tecno phone.

We buy Tecno because majority of us who use Tecno cannot afford Samsung and the rest of them.

Tecno can give what majority of us need Android phone for not the value Samsung and Co offers. Samsung and others go miles extra to bring the future here and now.
Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by UGLEEBOI: 11:21am On May 22, 2017
pressplay411:

Well, technically Samsung is arguably a cheap version of iPhone.
Lets just appreciate 9ja brands is all I'm saying. (at least now that we know they're nigerian)

I deduce you have being so confined to Tecno and all other Chinese brands

For you to come out with such hogwash

And you are so blacked out from the Tech market's "Spot Light Zone"...

Like serious! Nigga !!

How can you relate an Android with an IOS?

Now to set it straight...

SAMSUNG INC. has arguably being the most successful mobile company in the last ten years..

Besides, Samsung has being the manufacturer and supplier of Mobile VDUs to numerous other companies. Apple Inc included..

"The other known" Display unit manufacturer is LG...

#DoYourMaths

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by Emeka71(m): 11:27am On May 22, 2017
ThoseChinese see Nigeria as a dumping ground for thier phones.
Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by chinedujones(m): 11:30am On May 22, 2017
pressplay411:

Actually because it gives you the same value of a Samsung or iPhone for far less cheaper.
But then it's a matter of choice, some people just prefer brand and price tags.
very nice! The limitations at a point in time was media tech processors, now media tech is now a choice of most known brand's :Eg Sony runs on media tech and not snap dragon.
Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 22, 2017
thesicilian:
Nigerians only buy Techno because its cheap. Taking cost as a factor out of the way, 90% of those who use it will rather go for iPhone, Samsung, Sony, LG, etc.
it is only a poor man who complains that beer is bitter

I totally disagree with you. Truth is, Nigerians are being ripped off by tecno and her sister brand (infinix et al).
Pls do not ever compare tecno with the brands you listed up there.

To other reading this, if you cannot afford an iPhone, Samsung or HTC, kindly go for Xiaomi.
Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by savagefinder: 2:37pm On May 22, 2017
OrestesDante:
Tecno will always be tecno.... A cat can never be a lion!
ororo no be crude oil..

4 Likes

Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by savagefinder: 2:40pm On May 22, 2017
Behankey:
is getting your song on billboard a benchmark for success?
Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by maasoap(m): 4:29pm On May 22, 2017
thesicilian:

If it is not Panadol, bro, it cannot be like Panadol.
That's a mindset bro and dangerous one for that matter.

1 Like

Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by Tamaramientei: 4:45pm On May 22, 2017
Tecno is not owned by a Nigerian
pressplay411:
I'm sure they just need to contact gsmarena to get featured on their site, which is what a forward thinking PR team should have done for them by now. Just that alone is enough to boost their global ratings and sales.

Tecno and Infinix last I checked are both owned by the same Nigerian so it hasn't achieved that global presence yet. But so far, they're doing a commendable job in Nigeria and Africa.
Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by Tamaramientei: 5:07pm On May 22, 2017
I concur too
They've achieved a lot in just ten years
scarycuteface:
Help me ask them please. If Tecno continues to improve like they've consistently done over the years, they will soon be global.
Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by tafat: 6:14pm On May 22, 2017
Tecno is doing well here and have gone global, it's a global name now but with an African base that's all
Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by SlideTrendsBlog(f): 6:18pm On May 22, 2017
tafat:
Tecno is doing well here and have gone global, it's a global name now but with an African base that's all
Tecno is not that of a Global Brand yet
Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by pressplay411(m): 6:46pm On May 22, 2017
UGLEEBOI:

I deduce you have being so confined to Tecno and all other Chinese brands

For you to come out with such hogwash

And you are so blacked out from the Tech market's "Spot Light Zone"...

Like serious! Nigga !!

How can you relate an Android with an IOS?

Now to set it straight...

SAMSUNG INC. has arguably being the most successful mobile company in the last ten years..

Besides, Samsung has being the manufacturer and supplier of Mobile VDUs to numerous other companies. Apple Inc included..

"The other known" Display unit manufacturer is LG...

#DoYourMaths

Safe to say you lack deductive reasoning..
Cos it takes a person who has experience with the different brands to critic. Hediotus
Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by kogbaski99: 7:32pm On May 22, 2017
Tecno is a global brand
Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by thesicilian: 7:33pm On May 22, 2017
careytommy7:

I totally disagree with you. Truth is, Nigerians are being ripped off by tecno and her sister brand (infinix et al).
Pls do not ever compare tecno with the brands you listed up there.

To other reading this, if you cannot afford an iPhone, Samsung or HTC, kindly go for Xiaomi.
I don't get your point. To me we seem to be saying the same thing in different ways.
Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by SlideTrendsBlog(f): 9:59pm On May 22, 2017
Get Latest Tech News via www.slidetrends.com.ng
Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 22, 2017
thesicilian:
Nigerians only buy Techno because its cheap. Taking cost as a factor out of the way, 90% of those who use it will rather go for iPhone, Samsung, Sony, LG, etc.
it is only a poor man who complains that beer is bitter
Beer is indeed bitter
Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by thesicilian: 5:39am On May 23, 2017
asuustrike2009:
Beer is indeed bitter
No dispute. But when you can afford it, you don't complain it is bitter.
Re: Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena by SlideTrendsBlog(f): 9:46am On May 24, 2017
SlideTrendsBlog:
Get Latest Tech News via www.slidetrends.com.ng

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Unlock Nokia / Can I Download Whatsapp On My Techno Phone... ? / 10 Best Movie Apps For Free Streaming And Download Of Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.